Inteliusfraud

Intelius has charged a $19.95 and $49.95 transaction fee to my Credit Card without my authorization. Intelius is a scam and fraud. Intelius is tricking Consumers with a .99 cent special sales promotions to get consumers Credit Card information and then charges the Credit Card with a $19.95 and $49.95 service fee that the consumer did not request or authorize. Consumer Warning: Do not give your credit card information to Intelius for their services.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

Intelius provides public records online. We do provide various types of reports that provide varying levels of detail. If you need assistance in determining what report would be best for you, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

If you require further assistance, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Oct 22, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Dec 14, 2009

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius's response · Apr 14, 2010

• Intelius's response · Mar 15, 2011

Managing personal information through the Intelius opt-out service is just one step in eliminating its availability. There are many other sites that may provide similar information found on our site. Public records sites, search engines, social networking sites and other online companies provide different levels of information about individuals.

You can also contact your local utility companies, courthouses and/or county offices to determine what information is being made available; and how to have it removed.

To accurately suppress that data, we recommend you follow the ‘opt out’ process found on the Intelius website at http://www.intelius.com/privacy.php . Please review the “How to Remove your Information from the Intelius Public Records Databases” section of the policy. We do require the individual’s identity to be verified prior to processing an opt out; however, if they do not feel comfortable faxing us their driver’s license or other state issued identification; they can send a notarized statement of their identity.

We appreciate your cooperation is resolving this issue apologize for any inconvenience.

• Intelius's response · Mar 17, 2011

If you require further assistance, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Jun 16, 2011

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Ol
    Oldie McAngry Nov 19, 2016

Just like all other people here, they sneak a disclaimer by somewhere, that says you agree to a re-occuring charge. They hide it somewhere after you submit your card information. The fact that they send you a confirmation that you signed up for a service well after they have taken another another payment from your card only adds to the scammishness of it all. AVOID! SCAM!!

Marco Zirino Oct 19, 2015

I would like to add I am praying for the destruction of Intelius and the salvation of it's employees.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Marco Zirino Oct 18, 2015

I did a search for my own information using ussearch.com, because I wanted to see what people could find out about me. I agreed to pay approximately $1.99 (or less that $3). I never received any information from ussearch. Today, I found two charges on my debit card for $19.95 from INO*USSEARCH.COM/SB [protected] WA . I did not sign up for any membership from ussearch. The site uses deceptive practices, and is a fraudlent business. I will be contacting intellius tomorrow, request a total refund, and considering taking action by reporting to the FBI, the Better Business Bereau, the Conumer protection agency, adding myself to the class action lawsuit against intellius. Theives and liars need to be dealt with using force.

Intelius_Customer_Support1 Sep 11, 2012

Intelius is an internet based company. We collect and compile public records and publicly available information. We offer services like background checks, people searches, and phone look-ups. Essentially, we make it easier to locate publicly available information.

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. The majority of our memberships are activated through either the acceptance of discounted pricing for individual reports, or through the acceptance of a full page offer advertised just prior to viewing the report. All of our offers describe the specifics of the service, including billing. Additionally, all of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

• Do
    Doug.H Aug 28, 2012

this company took $36.95 from my account without permission

• Us
    USAMaid Jul 17, 2012

They have a toll-free number posted on their website. When you call it, it asks you to press 1 for technical support and 2 for all other issues. No matter which number you push, the response is, "I'm sorry, I did not receive any input. Please try again." This goes on and on, no matter how many times you try.

The provide garbage for a fee. Incorrect phone numbers, addresses and marriage records for people with a different middle initial or name than that the person for whom they provided the incorrect phone number and address. The company is a large joke and they had better refund my fee or I will blackball them everywhere.

• Kw
    kwirk80 May 21, 2012

Call your credit card company, they should be able to give you the info!

• Te
    Teresa Testa Apr 16, 2012

I ask for a one time look up and now they keep billing me! i cant find a contact number for them.

• Sm
    Smart User Jan 26, 2012

That sound to me as excellent customer service since you actually agreed to subscribe. next time don't select the promotional price.

• Ce
    Celeste H. Misch Dec 29, 2011

Intelius is a scam. Just used it. I am a landlord who rented to a woman, who was sentenced on a felony charge on Dec. 22, 2011. I know her address, I know she has a record, I know all the details except for what her sentence was. Intelius gave information that there is no criminal record...I know it is quite possibly her 3rd. felony. I also know they had the correct name and address for the person I needed to find out about. NO MISTAKE OF IDENTITY. They kept wanting more money from me just to find out ...THEY HAVE NO PUBLIC RECORDS INFORMATION!!! I am getting this scam out in the open to everyone I know and on face book!!! Going to call them tomorrow to get my money back...I'll write more on what happens. I am sick and tired of rip off's, hands in my pocket, stealing my money and giving no service what so ever!!! THIEVE"S!!!

• On
    ONESICKPUPPY Nov 09, 2011

JUST SAY DISPUTE THEY HAVE TO REFUND ALL CHARGES, ONCE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP GETS ON THE PHONE AND YOU PROVIDE ALL YOUR INFO TO THEM FIRST AND LAST NAME AND THE BILLING ADDRESS AND THEY SAY THANK YOU HOW CAN I HELP YOU TODAY? SAY I AM DISPUTING ALL OF THE MEMBERSHIP CHARGES!!! THEY HAVE TO REFUND EVERYTHING I USED TO WORK THERE TRUST ME I KNOW, AND THEY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY DISPUTE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ALL OF YOUR MONEY BACK TRY IT!!!

Internet Control Oct 17, 2011

Additionally, at this link, you will find CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT information posted by the Washing State Office of the Attorney General against Intelius. http://atg.wa.gov/searchresults.aspx?qs=intelius

Internet Control Oct 17, 2011

Intelius has been under suspicion of fraudulent practices for several years, and continues to be. If you need to remove your personal information from the Intelius website, do NOT submit a copy of your driver's license to Intelius, even if your picture is blocked out. They will use your driver's license information and to either post it on another of their internet sites or sell it to another internet marketing company. Contact the State of Washington Attorney General and file a complaint: 206.464.6684.

inteliusgreat Oct 13, 2011

sign in to intelius and you can cancel the membership real easily.

• Rb
    RBT5712 Jun 15, 2011

Charged $4.95 for one time search - then said I signed up for monthly $19.95 membership. Emailed right away this was incorrect - email was ignored. If you were a legitimate company you would not need to "trick" people into signing up for a membership. There are complaints all over the internet; a company that wants to stay in business and have loyal customers would change their marketing if this many people thought they were being scammed. You know what you are doing and it is completely intentional to take money from people. YOu should be disgusted with your business practices!!! Use US Search, best company out there and they give you your money back when you don't get a REAL result.
    Oh but that's right -without the scams you wouldn't have any real revenue!

• Cb
    cbangeleyes57 Jun 05, 2011

i want my 100.00 back. i will call my attorney!!! Close my account, [email protected] HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

• Uh
    u have it already Jun 02, 2011

The intelius site is bs. I never asked to be a part of it all, so I called to be removed and the csr was giving ME instructions on what I need to do to remove my info. Why is it my responsibility to do that, I did not put it on the website to begin with nor did I give intelius permission to do so. This is an invasion of my privacy. Intelius needs to be shut down!!!

• Mi
    misswest Mar 13, 2011

stolen debit cards with intelius on bill statement cancel now.

joseph a powell Mar 12, 2011

would like to have info removed joseph a powell 1021 carla place norcross ga [protected]

• Ic
    icjr Feb 03, 2011

I have been fighting with these folks for almost a year...they have defrauded my account for at least a year. WHEN I called them and requested a refund they indicated they could only authorize 1 Month.
    I will taking them to small claims court. I also notice that there is a Class Action suit against them but they know the Legal system and by the time the Judge grants a settlement They will be broke. [email protected]

• Vi
    viper2L Aug 10, 2010

I had the same problem with Intelius - I paid for a one-time service and they signed me up for a recurring membership without my consent or knowledge. I didn't have the benefits of it, but was being billed $19.95 a month for four months until I noticed. I was wary that trying to get that money back was a lost cause - especially since Intelius only provides phone support for sales, specifically NOT for customer service, they say. And it's always suspicious when a company provides only a submit form to contact them.

However, I did use the form to complain and threaten contacting the BBB, etc. Surprisingly, within 24 hours a got a response back. It was fairly generic message from "Kristen" at customer support, but promised a full refund to my credit card for the 4 months of "membership" fees with 7-10 business days. I was still wary, but within a week I noticed 4 $19.95 credits to my bank statement online.

However, I would still never use Intelius again unless they significantly improved the way their company is run. The service I got from them for the one time reverse phone lookup proved to be completely useless and they ignored my request for a refund. I decided when they refunded the monthly charge that I should be thankful for that and cut my losses. It's a shame, because this kind of shady structure they're running their site with is a real turn-off. You'd do better talking to a lawyer friend and having them use LexisNexis.

Could be a useful site but just isn't worth the trouble with the way they run it right now.

• Er
    Eric H. Xie Jul 25, 2010

I've been unauthorizedly enrolled into a monthly plan and charged $19.9. When I found and ask them to delist me, they enrolled me into another program! We have to sue them.

• Ju
    Judy Forcht Jul 22, 2010

I spent $25.00 in hopes of getting data I could use for a court case. What I discovered was the information provided was 25 years old and some cases inaccurate. I know this because I looked up my own information and it was 25 years old and my mother was listed with 3 addresses that she had never lived at. My information is public record, I own my home and my name, address and home phone are listed in the white pages and yet they did not have this information.

When I called customer service and spoke to Tim and Danelle I was told that their information was correct and I could not get a refund. Tim did offer to cancel my membership that I had already paid for.

Beware of any information you get from Intelius.

Judy Forcht

• Pa
    Pamela K. Larsen Jul 19, 2010

I used the Intelius service to look up one persons location back in February 2010 & was charged $49.95 plus a $19.95
    charge to use this service. Since then I've been charged a monthly fee of $19.95, which I did not authorize & keep trying to cancel, but when I write to the customer service department to cancel my account, they never cancel it! When I call them on the phone, they never answer my call. I have been on hold for 45 minutes, 60 minutes, etc. & just give up. I wish I would have known about this site before I used their services! Now I see the same complaints about them, over & over! What can I do to stop them from making fraudulant charges on my charge card and to get them to credit my account ($79.80 total unauthorized charges to date)? Thank you for your assistance!
    Sincerely,
    Pamela K. Larsen

• Bi
    Bill8 Jun 04, 2010

I believe these services are in breach of personal liberty. Peggy's Law needs to apply to these services and legal action taken against their proliferation and profiteering.

• Ra
    RandyW Apr 04, 2010

Company has been charging my credit cardmonthly for a service I did not request or signed up for

• Je
    jeff.leskiw Feb 22, 2010

I just contacted them at the NON toll free phone # and spoke to a supervisor. Got a FULL refund from October 2009 to February 2010.

InteliusAddress:‎
    500 108th Avenue Northeast
    Bellevue, WA 98004

█ █ █ [protected] █ █ █

intelius.com

• Mu
    murrayfrank Jan 14, 2010

My law firm is investigating potentially fraudulent credit card charges from Intelius.com, Adaptive Marketing, and numerous of their services, including “24 Protect Plus”; “At Home Rewards Plus”; “Passport to Fun Plus” “Business Max”; “Identity Protect”; “Premier health Plus”; “Privacy Matters”; “Privacy Matters 123”; “Privacy Matters Credit”; “Privacy Matters Identity”; “SavingSmart”; “Shopping Essentials Plus”; “Simply You”; “Today’s Escapes Plus”; and “ValueMax.”

If you believe that you have been scammed, please contact me. Our communications will be confidential.

Gregory Frank
    Murray, Frank & Sailer LLP
    [email protected]
    [protected]

• Iz
    Izzy23 Dec 12, 2009

Oh please! You are an idiot and liar. You probably ordered their phone report for $0.99 Under neath that it states "With FREE Identity Protect Trial"

So you ere probably stalking someone, trying to look up their address and information and didn't bother to read the terms and conditions before ordering.

• Ne
    nellbly Dec 12, 2009

They charged my credit card $19. 95 for I D Protection that I never signed up for.

• Th
    The reluctant customer Oct 30, 2009

Thanks for the post by Intelius_Customer_Support. Closing the account was quick and easy. BUT I too did not know I was going to be charged. I did request a refund on my closing comments when canceling the account. Maybe if I take more civilized approach at this ...just maybe I might get a refund instead of having to argue over the phone. I will post if I get a refund or a response back.

• At
    Atty Oct 23, 2009

Our law firm is Plaintiffs' counsel in a class action lawsuit filed against Intelius and their partners in the Central District of California. If you have information you would like to share, or to assist in the prosecution of this case, you can contact me at:

William R. Restis, Esq.
    email: [email protected]

• Eh
    ehofmann1 Sep 30, 2009

ATTENTION!!!

There IS a way to cancel the membership!!!

Click on the "Idenity Protect" link (the link for it is below the Intelius icon). Once you do that, click on My Account. Then you will see a link to cancel your membership.

• Jm
    JM Williasm Sep 26, 2009

I cancelled service by telephone and continue to get charges

• Iy
    iyut Sep 25, 2009

i would like to cancel order [protected] that i made 26/09/09. it did not give me information that was advertised on the website. please do also refund my money unless i will closed the bamk account down, , , please close my account

• Am
    ambism Jul 21, 2009

I got involved in this same situation. Checked my account online and bang!- MONEY GONE. It was at night ET, so I had to dwell on it the entire night and call them at exactly 5AM PT. I called Intelius [protected] and I was ready to drop the bombs on 'em.

The wait was about 15 seconds. At first, the operator explained to me why I was charged, I denied reading anything about agreeing to a subscription, called it a scam, etc, etc.

She said she couldn't refund the money. (Oh, heeeeell no!) Now, I'm one of those hungry college students, so messing with my money is a no-no.
    As soon as I mentioned that I was going to dispute the charge with my Credit Card company, I was told that the pending transaction will be canceled, and I'd get my money back. (Hell yes!)

BUT, if you manage to get a refund, make sure that you cancel your membership with them! They don't do it unless you ask-- and you'll get billed again.

For anybody that has issues with Intelius and would like a refund:
    - Call the # I called above. Early in the morning (5AM PT).
    - Be polite. These people have bills to pay themselves. Giving them ### will get you ###.
    - Do mention that if you don't get a refund with them, you will dispute the charge with your CC company.
    - Cancel your membership!
    - Ask for a confirmation number (important!).
    - AND, don't disregard the issue until your money is back in your account.

** If possible, check your bank account online every night. That way you won't have to wait a month for your statement, you can dispute it faster (as it's pending), etc...
    ** Check to see whether other companies associated with them charged you. I also got charged $25.95 by Valmax, and I canceled the membership, and was promised a refund-- without problems.

I'll update when I get the money. this was all about 20 minutes ago. All the best to you all. Don't panic. ;)

Chattycathy Jul 18, 2009

Wish I had read this board before using Intelius because I had that 19.95 chg deducted from my bank account also and I did call them and ask for a refund which was refused, I told them to stop the service they claimed I had signed up for also but not believing that they would do so, I called my bank to stop any more unauthorized deductions.

• Vw
    VWWife Jul 08, 2009

Same thing here! Except I was charged $19.95 a pop! They are nothing but scam artists & frauds! I'm filing whatever complaints it takes for me to keep other people from becoming victims!!!

• Tr
    Tracy Reed Jun 23, 2009

I checked with this company about the information they have. and all the information they have on me and my husband is wrong. How can they be the most accurate, if their information isn't even right?

• Li
    liljohnson2009 Apr 07, 2009

i just called Intelius at [protected]) and spoke with Sarb see told me that when you pay for the .99 cent charge for reverse phone look up that they give you a 7 day free trial of identity theft protection and that after that they will charge you 19.95 but just call them they are nice and under standing and ask for the supervisor and tell them that you do want the subscription and that you want your money back and they will credit it back to your account within 3 days but unlike Scott, Barb (at Intelius) did not give me a cancellation confirmation number but i will write again when i get it back (if i do) and i wnat to say thanks to Trinityscc for helping me get my money back!!! (haha if i do)

Comment Guidelines