Having problems with Mira Networks?

+27 861 106 472 (Customer Service)
1ste Floor Parktown Quarter, Cnr 7th Ave And 3rd Ave.
Parktown North
South Africa - 2193

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mira Networks.

Complaints & Reviews

Mira Networksunwanted billing

Received an SMS on 1st Feb 2018 -"Welcome, you have joined IPlayBit at R7.00/day, +Info https://goo.gl/ or call [protected]. To cancel send STOP to 31303."

Have emailed Mira Networks - last response received 2nd Feb 2018 - that request has been escalated and response time would be 24 hours.

1 - would like my stolen airtime returned
2 - how did I get to be subscribed to your content service without any action from myself?

Mira Networksunauthorised billing on account

FROM 21/09/2016 to present

Zwoosj39856ZA

Data being used during early ours of the morning and I have not subscribed to your service. I have incurred extremely high costs on my cell phone account and would like you to please supply me with a refund.

This situation has been going on from September 2016 to my present statement date being 03.05.2017. I have attached copies of my invoices.

Please could you supply me with an email address where I could email copies of my invoices as I am unable to load them on this site. My email address is [protected]@triplef.co.za.

Thanking you for your time and trust you will be able to assist me with the above complaint.

Kind regards

Laura

Mira Networksunauthorized charges

I have unauthorized charges on my DATA sim card, I use this sim card to create a WiFi hotspot. I don't even know how to subscribe to a content service on a data sim card. Never once have I agreed to any contract of this nature but on viewing my bill I was told that I am subscribed and they charge R6 a day. How does MTN enter into an agreement with unscrupulous operators like Mira Networks. I demand an inquest in this and also a full refund for the months: February and March.

Mira Networksunauthorized billing

Mira networks started billing me R35/day since 31/12/2015. I realised this when I ran a USSD code. I've unsubscribed but there is still aprox R700.00 outstanding. I've googled the service and are not interested in it at all! Mira networks wanted to refund me R385 out of good will and sent me the logged data for the billing. Their own data shows that no data has been downloaded. Why would anybody subscribe for a service @R35/day without using the service!. I want a full refund as I did not subscribed to their service and their initial sms does not even show up in my sms list - I never delete a sms. How are they going to prevent children from having access to this site as I did not have any knowledge as to how I was subscribed to this service? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Po
            Potjiesvlei Feb 17, 2016

I was also caught by them and am now busy consolidating complaints of others. Please send me a contact email or telephone number to [protected]@gmail.com. Thanks, David

• Vi
            Vicksie Mar 02, 2016

I have also discovered yesterday to my disgust that I have been billed an extra R664 (R35 per day) on my MTN 3G contract. I have absolutely no knowledge of agreeing to any subscription.

• Ze
            Zellys Mar 22, 2016

I found out today that I have been billed by Mira Network from 09/06/2014. I could never understand why I never have any airtime and assumed that I was using too much data and that my airtime was then converted to data. Can the CPA help with these unscrupulous people. Surely there must be tangible proof that I agreed to this billing. What about Vodacom (my service provider) are they colluding with Mira Network ? I signed a contract with Vodacom only and not Mira Network. I don't know who they are and certainly did not give them permission bill me.

Mira Networkunauthorized billing

from October 2014 to january 2015 is was surprise the way my service provider vodacom has been billing me, when i call them they inform me that i have a subscribtion with miranetwork which i didnt know. i have been billed R500 in november 2014, R740 in dec 2014 & R807 in january 2015. now i want reimbursement for my money taken without my consent. my no. [protected] im thamaga

Mira NetworkIllegal Deductions

I also want to add my name to the long list of complaints with regard to fraudulence charges to my account by Mira Networks.They claim I subscribed from my handset which does not have internet access and the handset history shows no authorizing sms from me. The contract is with Augtopage, MTN we changed the cell nr. but not even a months later the same thing happened. I complain with Autopage, they cancelled the subscription but it last a day or two and everything start all over again. Somebody have to stop these guys!!!

Mira Networkssubscription

I want to add my name to the long list of complainents with regard to fraudulant charges to my account by Mira Networks.They claim I subscribed from my handset which does not have internet access and the handset history shows no authorizing sms from me. I have been charged for 6 months now and feel my rights have been abused.Could this be a legal business and are they intitled to continue???

• Ge
                  Geoff Neden Oct 07, 2010

This Company has been fraudulently taking money on a regular basis from my Pay as you Go Account with MTN who seem powerless to stop it. The money goes even if the phone is off and the SIM card removed.
                  This practise is illegal and must be stopped. MTN tell me it is a common complaint.

• Es
                  esbendzn Aug 30, 2011

mira networks has just deducted R42 from my account on the ffg number [protected], can they tell me what i am subscribed to? And what number must i sms to stop it. I have no idea when this subscription started?

• Bd
                  BD1975 Sep 23, 2011

They have caought me as well. I gathering as much information as possible. I want to take them down !

• Kh
                  Khathu Jan 06, 2012

i never thought that my name will be on the list of the unauthorised billing from Mira Network . i was shocked when i called my service provider when i find out that i have a subscription account with Mira Network and that is the reason my airtime doesnt last .
                  i dont ever recall signing up any subscription contract with such company . Ever since i have my handset my phone has always been on silent or vibrate as i spend most of my time in meetings and i dont even have a signle ringtone on my phone .

This is shocking and i am very concern that at this day and age such illegal business exist in our democaratic society . This must be stopped ASAP .

• We
                  Wendy Parker-Forsyth Aug 15, 2012

I have NEVER agreed to any service offered by Mira/WASPA nor did I ever make such an agreement with MTN.
                  Since April I have being charged monthly for a service I do not want and could never even use, I do not live in SA and I would never make such an agreement.I request a full refund as soon as possible.

Mira Networks — unauthorized billings

I have unauthorized charges on my cell phone. Never once have I agreed to any contract of this nature but on...

Mira Networksfraudulent games subscriptions

Mira are insisting that I subscribed or someone in my family subscribed on my phone to this games subscription. I did not and nobody ever has my phone except me. If this was true then why can you not supply me with my sms back to mira agreeing to this subscription as proof that I subscribed. All they send me is proof that they sent me the sms's (Of which I presumed junk mails so I did not read them). Over the past 6 months I have repeatedly heard the same line over and over again 'you or you family subscribed'. Mira netowrk staff have been trained well but I know what I did, and it was definately not subscribing as I do not even play games. I have better things to do with my time than waste it on phone games.

I suppose I will have to wait for waspa complaints to sort out but I am not giving up as I am a very patient person when it comes to getting back what someone has stolen from me. Maybe the staff at mira have no idea that the company is involved in fraudelent issues but at the top they know that they are * people's money. Mira, I will not go away...

Mira Networks Oct 13, 2010

Good day. A subscription cannot just happen. There needs to be interaction between the phone and a wap page. WASPA will conduct a thorough investigation. The smses mentioned would have been welcome and reminder messages to inform user that he is in a subscription. Please send a complaint to [protected]@miranetworks.net in order to investigate further.

• Br
                    BRUCEBRUCE Jan 30, 2011

Mira normally send you unsolicited sms informing you that a friend has some pictures that he wants to share with you.You will obviously be ancious to see what pictures and from which friend.Then you will be asked to type your cellphone number so that you can view those pictures.By typing your cellnumber, thats when you will be binding yourself to a daily subscription.I regard this as fraudlent because in most cases you will only realise that you subscribed to the service after you receive an sms from them, and also after some amounts goes missing from your airtime.I believe that a proper contract must be that which values agreement and meeting of the minds, such that a person will enter into the contract being fully aware of the benefits and the costs involved.Thats the reason why a lot of people will terminate the contract as soon as they realise the existence of the fraudlent contract.There must be consensus ad idem between two persons.In the absence of consensus or meeting of the minds, then there is no contract.And cancellation of the contract will take place normally without a refund of the funds stolen.Thats fraud.Some people especially those with contract lines, will not cancel the contract due to ignorance of the fact that some amounts are being stolen(a proper word to use, thus taking without authority).Thus fraud.

Mira Networksfraudulent billings for unwanted sms's

I have been receiving sms's for things I did not order or want and later found out that it was stupid videos. How does a big and responsible company like Vodacom involve themselves with these criminals????????? I deleted the sms's, but they still billed me!! How is this possible, and you do not get an option to stop this nonsense.

I have to explain to my family now why my phone bill is so high. I want to be refunded every cent and Vodacom need to be held accountable as well for allowing these ruthless fraudsters to do business in this fashion.

I need answers and by the looks of it a lot of people need answers, and soon!!!

Mira Networks Sep 22, 2010

Please assist by sending contact details to [protected]@miranetworks.net in order to investigate. Regards, Customer Care

Mira Networksthis is illegal & a stop has to be put to mira's fraudulent billings

A while back I noticed that my daughter's airtime runs low too quickly. Vodacom has informed me that mira networks are billing her r5day. I phoned mira networks to unsubscribe, but got a recorded message prompting you to enter your cell number should u wish to unsubscibe-which I did. This should have stopped after 48 hours. Tonight she's made me aware that money is still being taken off her account. I need someone to first of all email me proof of opt in then I need to know why my daugter is still being billed after unsubscribing. This is illegal & a stop has to be put to mira's fraudulent billings!!

Mira Networks Sep 21, 2010

Good day. Please supply me with more details in order to assist with the query and give you full feedback. An email can be sent to [protected]@miranetworks.net. Kind Regards, Mira Customer Care