Menu
IHOP
reviews & complaints

IHOP
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

830 complaints
58 resolved 772 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IHOP. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was wrongfully fired because they say i tried to resale a ticket and some of my beverages were not on my ticket and the other mgr that worked on our night shift Ms. Shondra went and told the general mgr Ms. Cartina that I was rude to her and loud which i did not do. I was working for that particular ihop for 3 years without a write up on file at all and...

V
2:41 am EDT

IHOP - unacceptable

MasterCard's Merchant Rules prohibit merchant's from requiring identification to process a credit card transactions on signed credit cards. After dining at IHOP I provided my MasterCard for payment and was asked for ID, which I declined. They asked for another form of payment as their "policy" required ID. I told them I had no other form of payment and was threatened with arrest for 'dine and dash' and 'theft of service.' Until my wife finally paid. Unacceptable, Merchant should know the rules.

6 comments
Mar 06, 2011 3:32 am EST

Someone has got to go into the Hwy 60 store in Lake Wales. The servers wash dishes. How unsanitary is this. Instead they are to cheap to hire full time dish washers. I am sick of companies not providing enough help in their business. They are just concerned about the funds of the business and saving money. Instead of paying for what the customers want. I have been into the 95 store and you have the Regional and store Manager talking to an employee like they are nothing and something should do something about. You don't treat people like crap. They help bring you business. How can you think your above everyone when you don't know how to deal with people.

Mar 06, 2011 3:27 am EST

I have experienced the management at store 95 in Lake Wales to be very rude. She talks to them any kind of way like they are 2 year olds. I am so surprised to see people get treated like this and nothing is done about it. These servers are here for the customers. Without them there is no running a store. I am very upset. Some management take their authority to far.

Mar 11, 2010 4:26 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

A merchant has the right to ask to see ID any time they want. I worked at a major credit card co for 20 years in the fraud investigation department. I WISHED more merchants would have asked for ID cause it would have saved the company I worked for tons of $$.

Per merchant agreement the merchants are supposed to veri the signature on the back of the card matches the signature on the sale---just how many times do merchants even bother to look anymore?

I write "check photo id" in sharpie on the back of all my credit cards (debit cards too) and highlight that. I get asked id occasionally which I am thankful for.

W
Jun 09, 2009 11:37 pm EDT

You should be thankful they (IHOP) have that policy in place.

It protects you as the consumer. With all the identy theft and credit card fraud going on in the world, an ID check is the first step measure enuring the name on the card matches the ID and the picture resembles (however vaguely) the person attemting the tansaction.

A restaurant (or business) pays a fee for each credit card transaction, so in effect they are accepting less than the full amount transmitted. If a fraudulent transation has occured it is charged back to the restaurant (or business). They lose the money.

When a business accumulates losses above a tolerated amount they usually pass that on to the consumer in increased costs.

Would you have complained if someone had used your card and IHOP had not checked ID?

C
Jun 09, 2009 10:58 pm EDT

I agree. If the cardholder wishes to show their picture ID with each card use, why not simply write 'Check ID' on the back of the card?

I don't believe you signed a waiver before you dined agreeing to live up to their credit card/ ID policies. Perhaps these should be served with the menus?

E
Jul 13, 2008 3:57 pm EDT

Mastercard should not make a ruling like that, unless your picture is on the card. Cashiers are not hand writing experts, which means anyone could use your card. I welcome any place of bussiness asking for my ID.

E

IHOP - stinks!

We have this IHOP nearby that we started to go to, but then decided to avoid. Because the place STINKS! It stinks literally and it makes you stink as well - in 15 minutes of dining there at the furthest table from the kitchen your hair, clothes and even the hand bag will smell so bad, you have to immediately take a shower and do an urgent load of laundry. If you have a romantic date - don't go there! You will not enjoy getting close to each other after that! We told the manager over and over again about the poor ventilation, but were ignored. I wonder if someone else, too, has complained! This place is NASTY smelling!

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After ordering our drinks they arrived with no straws for drinking-minor detail. had to ask 2 servers for straws. after waiting an unreasonable amount of time for our food we had to send the bacon back because of being raw. Tried to eat remainder of meal (mine was french toast -takes 5 minutes preparation) no utensils. Asked 2 servers, including hoste...

V
12:00 am EDT

IHOP - undercooked runny egg whites the norm at ihop

iHOP Restaurant

3750 S Clack St
Abilene, TX 79606
(325) 695-2432

I always order my egg whites cooked. This restaurant seems to not be able to do that on a very consistent basis. The State Health Department requires them to make a posting on their menu to the effect that "undercooked eggs are a potential health hazard". Runny egg whites on my plate are unsightly, unappetizing, potentially unhealthy and just plain disgusting. I am a cancer survivor and can not (NOT) eat something that has questionable preparation.

2 comments
P
Mar 15, 2010 5:21 am EDT

The staff at Ihop in Abilene Texas is very rude ro their employees and they need to train them alot better. The only manager I would say was very good was the new one "Christy and Evan" . The other one with his wife working are very rude to me and I want to be happy at my job and not have to look for another job becauase these 2 maybe 3 people are rude...

T
Oct 27, 2008 11:44 am EDT

Party of ten on Friday nigth Oct 24 service was terrible for one guest, first they for got to put in my order. Then it took to long for the order to be brought to the table once it was prepared. My party was already finished eating. There was no apology for the inconvience. The manager, Van was asked to come, he just stuck his head in and never addressed the issue at hand. Another person whom we were with went and spoke to him. The manager took 20 % off of everybodies ticket. But no apology or discount/meal on the house was given to me--I was the one whose order was forgotten and later received once my party had finished their meals. I left their without eating after having sat though the entire meal while my friends ate. Once my food did arrive it was to late eveyone else had finished eating their food.

12:00 am EDT

IHOP - we will never eat there again!

Ihop #5521 9540 Colerain, Cincinnati,Ohio. My husband and myself choose ihop for a meal July 29,07 at about 3:00. We placed our order of their special, buttermilk chicken, mashed potatoes, slaw and cinn. rolls. We waited 30-4O- min. for meal. We got everything but the rolls, the waiter#181 Adam W told us it would be a few min. 3 times. We ate all our meal still no rolls. We give up and went to pay, he was very rude when we ask for discount on our bill being we did not get all we were paying for. Adams response was the rolls were free and we only got the other food on the menu. We will never eat there again and will tell other about our experience. Earl and Jauhnell Sawyer.

3 comments
U
Jul 06, 2011 3:05 am EDT

the rolls were free.

I
May 14, 2010 2:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i dislike IHOP and their policies that have nothing to do with their food, they tried to shut down my business because i was giving them free advertising selling shirts that had the IHOP logo on them. my business did in fact have to close. i curse IHOP

L
May 18, 2009 3:14 pm EDT

A friend and I had a similar problem at that IHOP, we drove all the way from Columbus and when we walked in there was no-one to seat us, we waited and were just leaving when a gentleman came out from the back and apologised and seated us and had someone bring coffee, then we waited again and finally another manager came over and asked if we had been served we told him "no" so he took our order, then we waited again and finally out came our food with another apology, the food was good then we waited for our check, finally we got up walked to the register and told the young man who was ringing up someone else's order that we were a little upset at their inefficency, the Manager came out (he was the one who had been our waiter?) and we got another apology because he was covering for the waiter who was on a break and forgot to tell him to get our check, everyone was very pleasant but after driving all that way we were a little put out, however the Manager did not charge us for our meal and was so pleasant that we didn't get annoyed but we will obviously not go there again as the last comment proved that they are not capable of running an establishment plus we found that there is one in Chillicothe which is much nearer home. Jacqui Leary

12:00 am EDT

IHOP - foreign object in my spinach salad!

Last night my wife and I ate the Cypress Park, Los Angeles, CA IHOP. I was very disgusted to find a piece of dirty plastic in my spinach salad. The piece of plastic resembled that of a portion of a coffee pot handle. I voiced my concern to the server who then called the manager (who never came to the table).

At a minimum, I expected a sincere apology from the manager and not to be charged for the salad. I got neither.

The manager offered to give me a 20% discount on my total, but this would have amounted to only about half of the price of the salad. I objected to the offer and replied that my dining experience had been ruined and told the manager that I would pay full price and never eat there again. I had been a regular customer for the last eight years.

1 comment
T
Jun 03, 2008 1:27 pm EDT

Springville, Utah IHOP is just a plain dirty mess. My family and I ate
there during Memorial Day weekend. One in our party got very sick
after eating. The best part was the hot dog that was passed off as
being Summer Sausage. We complained to the waitress about it and she
said there had been several complaints about it but she did not do anything. Do not go to the Springville, Utah IHOP it is a mess

L
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My family and I decided at about 9 o'clock one night to go out to eat. We decided to go to IHOP. Once seated it took 20 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge that we were seating there and take our drink order. Once we got our drinks we ordered our food. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally we decide to speak to a manger (by now it's about 1030) and...

K
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In the beginning of Jan 7 I have found a bunch of coupons for IHOP restaurant “Buy One Breakfast get one free” in our local newspaper. On 1/13/07, my husband and I decided to go to IHOP for a breakfast since we had the coupons and it seemed like a good deal. It is clearly stated in the coupon, to show it before ordering, and we did it. In response server...

A
12:00 am EST

IHOP - Hair in food, rude manager!

I visited Ihop on 11/17/2006. Im not a big fast food eater. I probably dine out a good 10-15 times a year. The problem began when I found a piece of hair in my food. The waitress notified the manager of this incident. He told her to tell me that he could only take 10% off my bill. I personally think that that was insulting . i asked if i could speak w/the manager. The manger came to my table and told me that he was willing to bet that the hair did not belong to any of his employee's and that he was quit sure that it had come from either myself or my daughters hair. I was totally offended. I asked for my check so that I could leave. As I was leaving one of the other customers in the restaurant stopped me and told me that she could not believe his response. She gave me her contact information just in case I would need a witness. As I was leaving the store I decided to call and friend for legal advise regarding leaving and refusing to pay. The manager called the police on me and told me that I needed hurry up and leave his store. So i decided to wait on the police in my car. In the end the officer suggested that i pay the bill and file a complaint. In the presence of the officer the rudeness continued. For some reason the manager did not want to give me my receipt. After asking for it a second time he finally gave it to me and told me to get out of his store and to never come back because I was not welcome. I could not believe the humiliation that id gone through because I found hair in my food.

This incident took place at the Ihop 10910 New Halls Ferry Road in Ferguson, Mo 63136

IHOP contacts