Menu
IHOP
reviews & complaints

IHOP
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

830 complaints
58 resolved 772 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IHOP. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:55 pm

IHOP - scam and lies

My ex-employer are bouneing check. i had 4 bounce checks.2 of them where takin care of and the other 2 are being missed handel.when i talked to my boss he said he im getting sick of all these bounce checkbut i will fix it. he said this in march, 2008 so 2 weeks later i asked him about the check he said he needs proof so i gave him the proof he said he will send a money order and i never got it. about 2weeks later i asked him about it he said the money order got lost. and he said i need proof of the bounce check. told him i gave it to you he told me that he had lost it and he needs more proof. know that was the only proof i had and i gave it to him cause i trusted him.and its been 3 month later and i still have not got any money for my ckeck. and with my last check was bonced for (nsf) so i called them and asked them what was going on and one of the managers told me that it was not his proplem and he hand up on me so i called back he picked up the phone and hung up again.

I
Mar 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Contact your local labor board, your bank can provide the proof, I would also let your bank send it to the DA.

A
4:44 pm

IHOP - stay away

Waited 18 minutes just to be acknowledged. When waitress got our drink order we waited on our drinks another 9 minutes. Asked to speak to the manager"Kathy" and that did'nt get us anywhere. The store was'nt busy and the manager couldn't offer an explanation or an apology so we left and went somewhere else. Do not visit this restaurant!

7:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The other night my five friends and I decide to go to IHOP to get something to eat in early hours of the morning around 1:30/2 a.m. It was a mess from the moment we walked in. We were aware that IHOP was going to be jam packed and FULL of drunk cowboys but, we have always has some-what decent service so still wanted to go. My two friends arrived there about...

10:28 pm

IHOP - manager

My wife and I like to go eat breakfast at the location on Merchants Dr. in knoxville TN, but we've reconsidered the last time we were their due to us not being able to hear each other speak thanks to the manager in the kitchen yelling at everyone, no complaints on the food and waitress, their always wonderful, but last 2 times we were their we were shocked at what we overheard this woman saying to her workers and her tone. WE WILL NOT dine there if she is there ever again! Great job to servers, horrible job to manager, really should be embarrassed by her vocab, no one deserves to be talked to like she talked to her workers, My wife and I feel pity for workers around her, again I will be back only if she's not there

S
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In April 09, my husband & 2 other couples came to the restaurant & we noticed the cook, was outside smoking a cigarette, with a dirty, disgusting, apron on. When our waitress came over we all kindly asked her, to make sure the cook (Dave) washed his hand & if he could change to a clean apron. No problem, said the waitress & she kinda agreed. She notice how...

12:37 am

IHOP - waitress

I and my husband went to Ihop today and the waitress was just so amazing.
It took her 10 mins to get refill so my husband had to go another waiter to get refill.
He was nice enough to get us refill even though it's wasn't his job.
And when we finnaly got the food, hash brown wasn't cooked.
So we asked her to cook it more, we got burned hash brown and she just walked away.
We decided to talk with manager and we found out the waitress asked for the "EXTRA EXTRA CRISPY"
which we never said. So he offered us new food.
He was really nice and tried to make things work but still the waitress didn't even come to our table.
Our glass was empty and she finally came to our table and gave us check.
I was really getting angry that time and asked her if we can get a refill since it was empty for 10 mins.
Guess what she said. "Oh, I'm busy"
It really got us pissed and we walked to the kichen and talk to her and manager.
Still she was saying if we want respect, we need to respect first.
All we asked us refill and served properly and that's what she said.
So the manager came out, voided our order and apologized.
He even offered us to take the food so we can eat at home.
But we didn't feel like standing there more and were so angry.
Everything was nice except the waitress "Vannessa".

E
10:03 pm

IHOP - service - food and night manager-bob

I ordered strawberry, bananna pancake and ham. the pancake were dry and the ham was not cooked. we requested the manager (Bob ) night shift.. first of all a manager is the highest position that night. If a customer has a complaint the manager is suppose to listen, instead he came over with an chip on his shoulder . in all my experience, i have never met a manager that did not or would not listen to his customers. I was not a money issue.. we can afford to pay for our food plus everyone that was in the resturant that night... i will not be eating there again in my life time - very poor managers skill.. he should be fired..

Jun 16, 2009 2:17 am

Yet somehow, life goes on.

C
12:12 am

IHOP - threat against one's life

supervisor made threat against employee with knife, then her husband came to job site and told the man he would kill him. this supervisor has a long history of throwing threats around at the cooks and waiters. They are all afraid of her because she claims she will fire them. She humiliates them in front of customers and coworkers. Enough is enough! Shes should be fired after today. The police had to be called at this location and customers started to walk out. Some employees left and said they weren't returning to work. The owner needs to do something real fast before this gets way out of hand. It's gone too far already.

2 comments
Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Tutsis are getting their hands cut off and you're complaining about a knife "threat". Geesh. What an ingrate.

S
Jun 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Are you sure she wasn't doing some skit-based learning? Like maybe how to fend off a knife-wielding customer?

G
9:03 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP - poor service/sanitation/lack of items

On Sunday April 5th after the evening service, a group (22 people)from our church went to IHOP at 7609 Mountain Grove in South Knoxville (as we usually do) at 7:30 pm. We have noticed over the past three weeks that the quality of service has been declining, but it was usually something small that we would just overlooked.

This past Sunday, we noticed that the business sign out front was not on, the parking lot lights were not on but saw people inside and decided to go in anyway. Big mistake.

Six of us were led to a booth only large enough for four people. When we asked for a larger table we were seated at a dirty table that was then wiped off by our waitress using a soured towel
with a bleach solution that left the table stinking, and even she commented about the odor. We then had to ask for napkins to wipe off the wet table to prevent the bleach from damaging our clothes.

We then proceeded to order, or tried to. Five of the first six things ordered were not available. No beef tips, sourdough bread, Belgian
waffles (but we were told by our servers that they had some frozen waffles that were ("better than our own"), lemon for iced tea, roasted potatoes, ... Then our coffee was brought out in styrofoam cups because they had " no clean coffee cups". Then half way through the meal the waitress informed us that if we were going to be paying with credit cards she needed to get them early since the "machine is acting up, and may take a while to work".

We have patronized this IHOP almost every week since it opened because of the lack of restaurants in South Knoxville. We have come to the conclusion that this one must be closing soon as well.
If that isn't their intention, something needs to happen soon, because people will not only stop patronizing this location, but the reputation of every IHOP will suffer as well.

3:15 am

IHOP - very nasty and rude

As my husband, child, and I entered the door @ ihop the morning of 2/19/09 we never got greeted it was only asked booth or table.. we sat down and server never stated her name or anything just walked away.. about 5 minutes later she came and asked what we would like to drink my husband asked for coffee never did she offer a pot of it.. my child and I dranked sweet tea.. about 5 minutes later my husband had to yell "hey miss excuse me" can I have some water she brought a glass of water to the table and the glass was "very nasty" it looked like it had dried up boogers on it.. we had to get her attention again to bring antother glass of water due to that was nasty.. she finally did and asked what did we wana order not are you ready to order... we ordered and was sitting speaking amongst ourselves 30 minutes passed we finally got our food, the people that came in 10 minutes after us got theirs before us.. opened the silverware to eat and couldnt had to goo thru 3 sets and put the 3rd in a mug of hot water to clean before could eat with it.. do have pics of the nasty silverware and also have time of all that occured.. server was very rude, nasty, and acted as she didnt want to wait on anyone, over heard her say she needed to hurry up and go on break to smoke.. this is very rude and beleive me you will never have to worry bout me eating in another ihop.. this was not our first down fall with ihop but will be our last.. I would not care how many coupons, nor how much money you try to give back on this its not worth my time.. I would rather take the $30 I spent in there and eat a loaf of bread and bologna.. hope somebody has better luck with ihop than I did..

K
Feb 09, 2011 2:35 am

Perhaps the loaf of bread and bologna is better for you than IHOP. u are probably black and not gonna tip her why would she wait on ur nasty [censor]? no reason for it. it seems like you knew all about copons and discounts so you have to be black who complains about food at ihop all the time... go eat at dennys or waffle house [censor]

T
11:26 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at the IHOP on 31st and Cicero in Chicago, IL. Everything was fine at first other than it being cold inside. We got our food... which was mediocre. My scrambled eggs looked more like an egg pancake. And the pancakes were hot when they got to the table, but because it was so cold in the restaurant they became cold within seconds. The worst part wa...

U
10:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Monday night my man was taking me out to one of my favorite restrantants that I haven't been to in awhile. When we got there we waited less than 5 minutes before we were seated. But we had a waitress that had only been there for 5 days and was working on the sales floor alone with 3 or 4 other servers. But theres where all the problems began. After we...

E
2:58 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP - unsafe environment to work

Managers are always mistreating the employees and its ok with the bosses of them it seems because I was emloyeed with them over 3 yrs and half of the store is going thru the same thing and when I defended myself I got terminated.. one of the mngrs is even on a saved message on my phone cursing me out while intoxicated... they r going lawsuit thru lawsuit and act like they have no idea why...

2 comments
M

I've worked at the same location IHOP and have the same feelings. Terrible management to say the least, and they go through employees every week because of it. I've never been so disrespected by my employers and am upset with the maltreatment I've suffered. Also, the managers have cursed out customers and have no idea how to run a business.

I have worked at ihops now for 2 1/2 years.as with any job it sucks.people write to corporate, some complain about not getting there hashbrowns well done.about not getting a straw, or that were not right there up their ###.maybe we should stand there with a napkin wiping their faces while they eat.you people complaining about every little thing calling the manager or e-mailing corporate, you people come in when its screaming busy and exspect servive to be the best.we well i work my butt off for you people im nice when i want to scream in your face, hurry up and order ive got 4 other tables that are real pain in the butt.so why dont you people try to be nice to, oh ya how about tipping us we run for you you people dont get it we dont get 10 bucks an hour we get 5 bucks!tip tip tip then youll get good service

U
5:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I were treated like dirt when we entered this establishment. It was as if we were not welcomed in this establishment. First of all, we just wanted to go orders so we stood at the front counter for approximately 5-10mins., before anyone asked if we wanted to order something. When the waitress, with no name tag, asked if we were waiting long but...

8:26 pm

IHOP - over charge

Look my 3yr old daughter to breakfast, ordered her the jr. rooty tooty which has 1 egg, 1 pancake, 1 sausage and 1 strip of bacon. This was $5.49 and there are no prices on the kids menus. Then I asked for a side of fruit for her and an apple juice. My breakfast was 7.49 and my drink was 1.99. When I got my bill it was $23 and some change. I couldn't believe it. As I overlooked the charges I was amazed. Her side of fruit was $3.99. The fruit bowl so was not worth it. It had 2 grapes, 2 pieces of watermelon(kid bite size), 2 pieces of cantaloupe(kid bite size) and 2 pieces of honeydew(also kid bite sizes) When I brought it up to the waitress she said ya that's what it cost, take it up with the front and maybe they will take it off the bill. Well all I got was you should of asked how much it was. It is all pre measured its only 4oz. My response was do you think I would of payed 5.49 for the meal, 1.99 for a drink and 3.99 for fruit $11.50 for a 3 year olds breakfast when mine was only 9.49. All I got oh well. You should of asked. I will never go back there again even thouth it is only 2 milage from my house. They should really look into customer service and what thing are realy worth.

Mar 11, 2010 4:40 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have such a better story! I LOVE IHOP-we have one 25 miles from us here in Ohio and go quite often. On a recent trip to Disneyland there was an IHOP across the street and we decided to stop and eat there (instead of getting ripped off eating in the park)
I saw the prices on the menu and about fell over. The same breakfast (pancake combo) I pay $5.99 for in Ohio was freaking $10.99. EVERYTHING on the menu was jacked WAY up in price. It was completely a rip off. It cost me $25.00 for breakfast for myself and 1 other person. They even stated there were no refills on orange juice--wth? It was $3.99 for 1 glass!

I, of course thought maybe because its California thats why so expensive. I went to the IHOP in San Diego and guess what? The prices there were exactly the same as the IHOP in Lancaster Ohio.

I think it is pathetic that IHOP (or any restaurant for that matter) would jack up their prices like that just because of where its located. That is crap.
Its pretty sad when we could have eaten IN Disney for less then it cost us at IHOP-that is crap!

2:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Cashier refused to take in the gift card due to machine is broken. I requested the cashier to punch in the gift card number manually, but he refused again. Later on, instead of resolving the issue, he passed us on to a waitress to deal with us. The waitress only said that the machines is broken and that we have to pay in full. The gift card was never used...

3:33 pm

IHOP - a roach

10/29 To whom this may concern: about four years ago my mom and I went to ihop on taylor rd. in cheaspeake virginia, we order our food . I can't remember what my mom had but I had french fries and a sub. I had only taken a few bites when the largest roach I have ever seen come walking out of my french fries. I was shock, that only happen thru hear say. I called the waitress over and told her about it. by that time the roach had crawed off the table. The waitress was so not believing me, she acted in such a non caring way that my mom and I got up and left. I have not been back since [and I only live a half mile from ihop] till last week on a sunday, where we went there after chruch because we were so hungry, and we wanted breakfast, and there was no other place really to go. it was so much better than before. I just wanted to let you know that it is much improved. Sincerly judy upton

2:36 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Just a couple of weeks ago my wife and i went to ihop, the time we went was during a shift change all of the waitresses were so busy trying to get home most replied im not taking it im ready to go but this one waitress came from out the back and asked who's table it was and can she have it she was a good waitress service with a smile i noticed her manager...

V
8:20 am

IHOP - undercooked runny egg whites the norm

I always order my egg whites cooked. This restaurant seems to not be able to do that on a very consistent basis. The State Health Department requires them to make a posting on their menu to the effect that "undercooked eggs are a potential health hazard". Runny egg whites on my plate are unsightly, unappetizing, potentially unhealthy and just plain disgusting. I am a cancer survivor and can not (NOT) eat something that has questionable preparation.

Nov 09, 2008 1:32 pm

order your eggs differently. get them scrambled... or "over hard" eggs are a simple thing to fix... and honestly i think its a rediculous complaint. i think u may be ordering your eggs wrong. you cant blame IHOP for that.

V
5:22 am

IHOP - fraud and scam

On March 18, 2002 My family and friends family went to IHOP in Waldorf. We already had a problem because the place smelled like mold. My family used to visit IHOP frequently until this day. We all ordered our food. I had ordered Biscuts and gravy. Well, the food came out and the woman was handing the food around so everyone's hands were full. Next thing we know, she places the hot plate of biscuits and gravy in front of our toddle (15months at the time), of course we tried to grab the plate real quick, but before we could he put his right hand in it, thinking it's his food. He starts screaming, the server walks away.

We were trying to get the gravy off of his hand. He burned his left hand trying to get it off himself. I ran to the bathroom and got a wet paper towel, the gravy just stuck to him. The server came over and we demanded the check and asked to speak to the manager. The manager then comes over and asked us what the problem is, so we told him what happened, not like he couldn't hear it. We also told him that we want to leave and get him to the hospital, because his hands were bubbling.

The manager kept us at bay for almost 30 minutes. We told him we were leaving and then we got up to walk out. All of the sudden he gives us our check. We didn't eat, and left everything on the table. We walked up to pay so we could finally leave. I asked him to write his name and the servers name down so I knew how to contact regarding his medical bills. He starts arguing with us, telling us our son had no business putting his hands in the food. I said 'excuse me' and he continues, 2 people were behind us, so I told him to let me pay my bill so I can get him to the hospital.

He then looks at the people behind us and tells them not to worry about their bill, and he was sorry for there inconvenience. Really! I just stood stunned, he then says, what the F*** is my problem, I told him to just let me pay my bill. After that he proceeded to call me a ### and told me to give him my F-ing bill. When I told him that he had it, he started up some more, so I said 'that's it' I'm through, and walked out.

My son had to see his regular doctor the next day and she was overwhelmed by what happened. Unfortunately, there isn't too much they can do for him because of his age and he's small. She could only give him a ointment to apply when he feel asleep. By Friday of that week, he ended up with an infection in the blister; they were starting to pop.

After trying to contact IHOP for a month, someone finally calls me and asks that I have his doctor send a fax of his situation. She also makes the comment, 'You need to understand that the server was only 17 and does not have children of her own.' They sent them one stating that he did receive 2nd and 3rd degree burns to several of his fingers on both hands and would be scarred as a result. We didn't hear anything more, so I sent numerous e-mails to IHOP, finally we contacted by their insurance company a month and a half ago. The insurance man came to our home and took pictures of his scars.

We were told that they would contact us asap as to how they will settle this. I still haven't heard back. I just sent a e-mail telling IHOP that if this isn't resolved, I would turn this over to my attorney. I have given these jerks ample time to try to help the situation and the only response I get form them is, 'it's your son's fault' and 'sorry, but what do you want us to do?'. If I hear back, I will update this report as to what they want to do.

B
May 08, 2009 8:58 pm

There is no IHOP on GUAM! I want IHOP!

IHOP contacts