Menu
Humana Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Humana
reviews & complaints

www.humana.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 329 Reviews

Humana Complaints Summary

26 Resolved
302 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Humana with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Humana has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Humana. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Humana reviews & complaints 329

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
Sort by:

Newest Humana reviews & complaints

1:22 pm EST

Humana Dental insurance coverage not paying covered bills

Since August 2021 we have called and the dental practice has called too many times to resolve the coverage for Linda Clark who is the spouse of the primary holder Peter C Clark. We have sent and resent the bills from the dental office and have been assured the payments will be made and the corrections made to the account.

The claims have either been filed on an account that is no longer active even though the current plan information has been provided. The claims have not been paid and no matter how many times we sort it all out with Humana and Humana assures they have fixed the issues on their end. Attached are the documents and bills that are past due and need to be paid.

Desired outcome: Pay the claims/bills

4:52 pm EST

Humana Not receiving medical care.

I have had Graves' disease for eight years. Within this time I have seen numerous physicians. Non of them requested a MRI. I was told by doctors the first surgery is called decompression, which requires MRI. Decompression relieves eye pressure on the nerves behind the eye. Second surgery, straightens the eyes sight, this is what I received and now I see double. My complaint why no one did decompression surgery. I have had Graves' disease for eight years. Within this time I have seen numerous physicians. Non of them requested a MRI. I was told by doctors the first surgery is called decompression, which requires MRI. Decompression relieves eye pressure on the nerves behind the eye. Second surgery, straightens the eyes sight, this is what I received and now I see double. I have had Graves' disease for eight years. Within this time I have seen numerous physicians. Non of them requested a MRI. I was told by doctors the first surgery is called decompression, which requires MRI. Decompression relieves eye pressure on the nerves behind the eye. Second surgery, straightens the eyes sight, this is what I received and now I see double. Why have I received this treatment. Thank you Lynn zubal Kozs

12:41 pm EST

Humana Humana.com web-site

This web-site must have been designed by idiots. It is extremely bad and on top of that doesn't work properly. I tried 3 different browsers and an android app. I had issues with all of them. When you call them you get a message to try the web-site since they have very high volume. Of course, they have a large volume of calls since their web-site is screwed up.

Desired outcome: How do I get my prescriptions filled?

Mike Manning
, US
Mar 02, 2022 5:41 pm EST

You are correct, Sir. Website freezes and does not respond; called Customer Service - they are clueless.

Mike Manning

Paxton, MA

11:24 am EST

Humana claim [protected] crestwood Medical center

I went to the hospital because I had bloody diarrhea all after noon. i did not know what was happening. i used the ambulance because I live alone and was scared to drive, They kept me in the emergency room until the 12th when I finally got a room and I was discharged the same day, I did not know what was wrong until the nurse told me. I feel I should not be responsible for the balance of $42868.93 as I did not know what was going on. There is no way I can afford to pay this amount.

Desired outcome: insurance gets in touch with Crestwood medical center and take care of this.

Update by cshirley
Jan 04, 2022 11:25 am EST

please help me.

Ghost8531
May 15, 2022 10:59 pm EDT

Start a GoFundMe I'll donate.

9:42 pm EST

Humana Unable to login into general Humana website or Humana pharmacy

Log in attempt goes to page that reads "Humana does not offer products or services outside the United States" --- Have tried several sites with identical results - provides no information that a problem exists or how to resolve the multiple blocked sites - we have been Humana participants through Medicare for nearly 10 years - can we be provided with explanation?

Desired outcome: Ability to log into Humana Pharmacy

3:00 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Medicare advantqge pharmacy.

After many times of having the mail order take ten days to get from wherever they send it to Atlanta (one went to Atlanta, then to Memphis, then back to Atlanta, passing my house twice) my doctor put one last order in. It was a refill for a medicine prescribed on 12/2 for 30 pills. So it ran out the end of December. They rejected the refill as being too soon to refill it and held it till 3/22. I needed it the end of December. They have no concern for their customers and obviously cannot do math. Very dangerous company.

Desired outcome: They go out of busness?

5:54 pm EST

Humana talked to 3 different agents and no one will cancel my application.

dec 6, 2021
re: Confirmation number: [protected]
Today's date: November 27, 2021
Plan start date: January 01, 2022

I want to cancel this application.
I want to continue with my current Medicare plan for 2022 and i have an application with humana that is pending and no one will cancel my application. I had an agent hang up on me because i did not want to review any other plans.
I just would like someone to simply cancel my application that was filed Nov 27, 2021. It has only been 1 full business day.
Christi Dostal
[protected]

Desired outcome: Cancel Humana and continue with Medicare.

10:25 am EST

Humana Pharmacy help desk

Called to have a rx reversed for a patient that was already reversed at our corporate level. Took an hour and half of arguing with the tech stating they don't reverse claims, refused to get a supervisor, and then transferred to another department that had nothing to do with prescriptions. After being on hold another 15 minutes, they hung up on us. Called back and within five minutes the new tech Ashley got it taken care of. I don't understand how after two hours it took one tech less than five minutes to take care of the problem but the other refused to figure out how to do it and just kept putting us on hold. I should not have to be on hold for almost two hours while trying to run a pharmacy.

Desired outcome: Do better!

E
3:03 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Voicemail messages from numerous humana departments

Various humana departments insist on leaving messages on voice mail. I am a registered pharmacist and not interested in medication management, as I have explained to Humana. I have tried to text the various Humana accounts but am unable to get any responce.

Desired outcome: Stop all voice messages from any Humana department.

Update by eugene wagner
Nov 20, 2021 3:08 pm EST

Various #'s from Humana:

10:03 pm EST

Humana OTC pharmacy orders

Never get my hole order if I call they put u on hold for a hour and come back to say sorry we can't help u. If u try to talk to a supervisor u just get a run around until your disconnected. I can understand a mistake ever now and then, but have been ripped off for a benefit that I was told I would get and trying to tell these people it's very misleading to tell people you'll get 300. Per quarter for OTC needs and never get full amount, they will tell u it's not like u played for these item's. Lol

12:59 pm EDT

Humana OTC

While living in Miami Humana offered me a $75 a month OTC card I can use in any of my local pharmacy and even allowed me to use it in Walmart since I moved to Gainesville, Fl. the allowance dropped to $125 every quarter and I can only order via a catalog which takes forever to arrive.

I called Humana pharmacy dept to complain. The first time I called the agent said they mailed the order I placed on the 19 of Oct but was mailed to an incorrect address (at the beginning of the call she verified my correct address so how was this mailed to an incorrect address?) she told me she would process the order again, I asked for it to be shipped next day and was told she couldn't do that (as of today the order is still just being processed and not shipped. She then said she will look to see if there is another plan that would get me a OTC card to use but all she did was transfer me to a sales person without letting the sales person know the reason.; I called again Tuesday and asked to speak to a supervisor, after waiting close to an hour the agent got back on the line and said she would transfer me to a supervisor but only disconnected me (hung up)

I called again Wed. Asked for a supervisor they finally connected me to a supervisor who, of course couldn't help me, I asked to speak to her manager and was told she couldn't do that but finally did. When her manager came online I asked where she was located and was told the Philippines (OMG) I asked if I could speak with a manager in the U.S. and she transferred me to a sales person in the U.S. who after explaining every thing again the U.S. sales person told me a supervisor would contact me later that day. I'm still waiting to hear from that supervisor or manager a day later, still no call no response NOTHING is this how Humana helps their customers?

Desired outcome: first a response and second a solution to a card verses use of a catalog

Read full review of Humana and 3 comments
3 comments
Gloria Hamblen
, US
Aug 09, 2022 3:05 pm EDT

I received my first order today of OVC and it was sad. It's robbery a $10 hearing amplifier was $50. Everything I ordered was like 60 to 90 percent higher if I could have went to Walmart or anywhere else.

Gittle
Little Egg Harbor Twp, US
Jan 15, 2022 2:25 pm EST

I have been taking Prevagen extra strength for my memory it does Help
Why did they stop it was covered Buy otc please can you do something about this Item Thank you GA

View 0 more photos
Desiree2
Bx,Ny, US
Jan 06, 2022 5:58 pm EST

Humana has been reluctant to send out New OTC cards for the year of 2022 in time. This complicates insurer's from getting their over the counter pills that their in need of monthly.

10:22 am EDT

Humana Claims continuously processed inaccurately

I signed up with Humana Medicare PPP with the understanding that I could get a special authorization to use my current Pulmonologist at PCCC of Volusia LLC as in-network due to continuity of service and the fact that he provides services that none of their other pulmo's provide. After, a long, drawn out process that included an appeal, I was finally authorized (Auth# [protected] for $45 co-pay from
4/11/21-4/10/22 Case #[protected]) to pay as in-network specialist rates.
However, Humana continues to say that my share is the out of network rate of $65.
I have called them SEVERAL times and spent numerous hours on the phone with them to try and get this sorted out. They now say that I need to file an ‘Appeal and Grievance' request. This is ridiculous. They need to get their claims processing straight. I already have the authorization to pay as in-network specialist rate. It is unreasonable for them to require that I file a review and then an appeal for every claim that is filed from my doctor. It seems that they are trying to discourage me from seeking necessary medical care by making it a hassle to get the claims processed properly.

Desired outcome: For Humana to correctly reprocess all the claims with PCCC of Volusia and to process them correctly going forward

cardog2000
new carlisle, US
Jun 21, 2022 3:17 pm EDT

Same happened to me went to springfield reg hospital in march 2022 called and looked up they are in network facililty. by june im checking my claims because my out of pocket expenses should have already taken care of,,, although the claim was out of network which. is alote higher ded and out of pocket... i beleive this is the rico act ripping people off to get in paocket ded and out of pocket maxes as well as out of network maxes and out of pocket/// im looking into a class action lawsuit of somekind my email is cardog2000@att.net and cell is [protected] if anyone know of one going on

springfield hospital tells me they billed it under their name which is in network and humana says they builed it under mercy health... both of them are pointing the finger at each other meanwhile im paying the bill.

8:27 am EDT

Humana Dental Insurance

Policy Ref; [protected]. This policy was purchased for what was meant for temporary coverage in 1992 when I was unemployed and was mistakenly not terminated when I got coverage with a new employer.

No claims were made on this policy and payments have been auto-deducted from my bank account for now 30 years. Humana has not corresponded with me in all that time...no notices of any kind.

I first discussed the problem your dental department back on September 23 and requested a refund from 1/1/95 (just picked a date that seemed fair). And, have made several calls since then trying to follow up.

My complaint...there has been no response either written or oral that leads me to believe that my claim is being processed. On each follow up call, I am told it is waiting for a "Supervisor" to approve.

All I am asking is that Humana acknowledge my claim and keep me informed as to status of my claim now and going forward.

Desired outcome: Refund of monies paid by mistake

S
7:57 pm EDT

Humana Humana Medicare advantage plan dental coverage

Humana processed routine dental cleanings & xrays in network. When I needed a crown & filling, it was processed as out of network. Complaints to their overseas (poor Englis) customer service went nowhere - "very sorry for your experience" is all you get. Was finally advised network issues must be submitted by dentist Dentist filed issue for me and many other Humana customers. Humana admitted error, but reimbursed only customers with routine cleaning charges. Filed a formal appeal which took two months to get assigned and 2 hours to get rejected. Will no longer be a Humana customer paying $23/ mo extra for dental coverage they won't recognize

Desired outcome: Reimburse difference between in and out of network

Lisa GP
Palm Coast, Florida, US
Oct 30, 2021 10:24 am EDT

Wow ... I’m going to drop Humana too! This is ridiculous!

2:26 pm EDT

Humana Please call me

My name is Mr.Morris Glen Levine My Humana #H50713620. I won the Lavantia appel today but I got a letter from Humana stating that Humana isn't covering my hospitalization anymore as of October 4, 2021. Please call me [protected] ASAP. The date of admission to LIJ is 9/23/2021 not 9/22/2021. Please explain to me why I got this letter.
Yours Sincerely:
Mr. MORRIS LEVINE

Desired outcome: Call me [protected] ASAP

2:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Humana premier ex plan (pdp)

2022 Annual Fee increase: (NOTICE OF CHANGES 2022 Booklet)

For the Humana Premier Rx Plan (PDP). I am disappointed that you have INCREASED the Annual Fee From $61.70 To $73.10, a 20% INCREASE. As a Senior on a Fixed Income this is a LARGE impact. It is especially troubling because ALL of my medications are Generic. I have remained a long term member for years because in the past I felt that your actions were in the BEST Interest in the membership. Your current action shows that this is NO longer true. Now I am considering other sources for my Drug needs.

Humana needs to review its cost control procedures and examine why the the 20% INCREASE is warranted.

Douglas Koutek, Member ID [protected]
9/29/2021

Desired outcome: Reduce the 2022 Annual Premier Rx Plan Fee.

N
11:02 am EDT

Humana Vision

Following cataract surgery on my right eye I was informed by Humana that I was entitled to a pair of glasses at no cost to me. I went back to the optometrist that had initially discovered the cataract way back in January of this year. It took until the 3rd August for me to have the surgery as the approval process took months. This Optometrist office told me they did not offer the free glasses service only the annual discount of $250. Following this I contacted Humana asking for "Vision" from the automated answering. I asked where I could go for the free glasses and was given two outlets, Eyemart Express and America s Best, both very local to me. I went to these outlets only to be told that they were NOT in network even though the Humana Agent had told me they were. I called Humana again and was told yes they were on the list of being in network. I was then told that Humana did nt control Vision but some outfit called PVC. In frustration I called again to Humana and was told of two other outlets on the network list, Eyetex and Infocus. I wnet to Eyetex only to be told that they only accepted PPO and not HMO. I called Infocus and they told me the same thing. I called Humana again and the operator told me about this PVC, she tried to call them on my behalf but only got an voice mail. She said they would call me to help, which they did giving me the information that only ONE outlet was authorised for the no cost glasses, Trinity Vision which to me is miles away! My complaint is that your Agents gave me wrong information, not once but three times! Humans is not in control of the vision coverage they offer in my plan and only ONE outlet that is too far away for me to travel to. As a 77 year old Senior I feel that I was given wrong information that gave me a stressful experience, something I do not need with my medical conditions. I am very disappointed in Humana

Desired outcome: Changes to the vision coverage that allows more outlets for people on HMO to choose and for Humana to take control of All the coverage they offer and not sub contract to some third party

J
4:06 pm EDT

Humana humana Gold

I have had procedures on my retina 3 times that Humana does not want to pay for dr. They are saying I was not recommended by my primary Dr. So I sent the papers they sent to my primary Dr. Jesica Roderguez and her nurse sent me back a message saying she did send in the recommendation. I sent all the papers and her message to humana denial and i just got another letter today from duke medicine (holly ridge [protected]) that they were unable to make payment. I called into Humana and a lady named Laticia said the problem is they don't have Jessica as my primary care and thats the problem and that they have Dr. Neil, and I said i went to him a few times but Jessica has been my primary care for 3 years. The lady could not even find Jessica in their network, and the Duke Eye Care that they referred me to was not in-network with Duke? So I told her this is getting ridiculous.So I told her I would send my correspondence with Jesicca when said she referred me and she said she
could not receive fax or email or fax. And she said the health provider would have to re submit.

John Harrison [protected] [protected]@aol.com

I
2:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Complaint about humana transportation services

My name is Irina Klepikova. I had appointment today to Memorial Hospital Miramar for Ultra Sound. I ordered transportation week before .My referral number was 666666. I called them 5 times, all the time they told me that the driver will arrive in 5 minutes. Nobody arrived I was late to my appointment, I took Uber and paid $ 16.72. I would like to get refund.

Total $16.72
September 22, 2021

Thanks for riding, Iryna
We hope you enjoyed your ride this morning.

Total $16.72

Trip fare $12.90

Subtotal $12.90
Booking Fee $3.82

Desired outcome: refund $16.72

4:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Denial of coverage/Coverage cancelltion/involuntary change of plan

Worst insurance experience ever. Humana denied Medicare prescription covereage in 2019 for the only Med I was using. After a 6 month internal appeal process was unsucsessful Humana was overruled by an outside Medicare appeals board (Maximus) and Humana was directed to cover the Med. The policy I had in 2019 was replaced in 2020 with their "Premier" plan with no input from me whereby my monthly premium went from $20.27 to more than $57 dollars. In June 2020 after covering the subject Med under the 2020 policy, Humana again denied coverage from the same Med with a mini 3 page "lecture" on why I shouldn't use the subject medication (Keep in mind Humana had no access to my medical history and chose to ignore MD prescription form two separate MDs.) Their internal appeal process is a "kangaroo court" where it's a virtual certainty they will not reverse an intial coverage decision. My 2020 policy was cancelled 3 months before expiration based on an out of state change of address. I sincerely believe that Humana looks for ways to avoid coverage and relies on that most insured will eventually accept their decision.

Desired outcome: Civil Court judgement. (Formal Civil complaint has been filed)

Humana In-depth Review

Overview: Humana is a leading health insurance company that operates in the healthcare industry. With a rich history and background, Humana has established itself as a trusted provider of insurance and healthcare services.

Products and Services: Humana offers a comprehensive range of products and services to meet the diverse needs of its customers. These include health insurance plans, wellness programs, preventive care services, and resources for managing health and wellness. Each product and service is designed to provide the necessary coverage and support for individuals and families.

Customer Experience: Humana's website is easy to navigate and user-friendly, allowing customers to find the information they need quickly and efficiently. The company provides multiple customer support channels, including phone, email, and chat, ensuring that customers can easily reach out for assistance. Humana's customer service team is known for its prompt response time and high-quality service. Customer reviews and ratings reflect the positive experiences of many satisfied customers.

Coverage and Network: Humana offers extensive geographical coverage, ensuring that its services are available to a wide range of individuals and families. The company has a vast network of healthcare providers and facilities, making it convenient for customers to access the care they need. Humana's services are easily accessible and provide the necessary convenience for its customers.

Health Insurance Plans: Humana provides a variety of health insurance plans to cater to different needs. These plans offer comprehensive coverage, including deductibles, copayments, and out-of-pocket expenses. In-network and out-of-network coverage information is readily available, allowing customers to make informed decisions. Humana also offers specialized plans or options for specific healthcare needs, ensuring that individuals can find the right plan for their unique circumstances.

Wellness Programs and Resources: Humana offers a range of wellness programs and resources to promote and support the health and well-being of its customers. These programs include preventive care services and screenings, as well as tools and resources for managing health and wellness. Integration with wearable devices or mobile apps allows customers to track their progress and stay motivated.

Financial Stability: Humana has a strong financial stability and is well-regarded by independent financial rating agencies. The company's solid financial standing provides customers with confidence in its ability to meet its obligations. Humana has also been involved in recent mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships, further strengthening its position in the industry.

Member Satisfaction: Humana consistently receives high member satisfaction ratings and positive feedback. Surveys and studies measuring member experience and satisfaction demonstrate the company's commitment to providing excellent service. Humana's complaint resolution process is transparent and efficient, ensuring that any issues or concerns are addressed promptly.

Additional Benefits and Features: In addition to its core offerings, Humana provides additional benefits and features to enhance the customer experience. These include prescription drug coverage and pharmacy services, as well as dental, vision, and other supplemental coverage options. Value-added services such as telemedicine or nurse hotlines further contribute to the overall value provided by Humana.

Privacy and Security: Humana prioritizes the privacy and security of its customers' personal and medical information. The company has robust measures in place to protect sensitive data and complies with industry regulations and standards. Customers can trust that their information is safe and secure with Humana.

Pros and Cons:

• Pros:
    • Comprehensive range of products and services
    • User-friendly website and easy navigation
    • Responsive and high-quality customer service
    • Extensive coverage and network of healthcare providers
    • Diverse health insurance plans to meet different needs
    • Wellness programs and resources for managing health and wellness
    • Strong financial stability and positive ratings
    • High member satisfaction and transparent complaint resolution process
    • Additional benefits and features for enhanced value
    • Commitment to privacy and security
  • Cons:
    • Pricing may be higher compared to some competitors
    • Availability of services may vary by location

Conclusion: Humana is a reputable health insurance company that offers a wide range of products and services to meet the diverse needs of its customers. With a user-friendly website, responsive customer service, and extensive coverage and network, Humana provides a positive customer experience. The company's commitment to wellness programs, financial stability, member satisfaction, and privacy and security further enhance its value. While pricing may be higher compared to some competitors and availability of services may vary, Humana remains a reliable choice for individuals and families seeking comprehensive health insurance and healthcare solutions.

Recommendation: For potential customers considering Humana's services, it is recommended to thoroughly review the available health insurance plans and compare them with competitors in terms of pricing, coverage, and customer experience. Additionally, assessing individual healthcare needs and preferences will help determine if Humana's specialized plans or options align with specific requirements. Overall, Humana's strong reputation, commitment to customer satisfaction, and comprehensive offerings make it a viable choice for those seeking reliable health insurance and wellness solutions.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Humana contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Humana?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Humana Customer Service. Initial Humana complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Humana above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Humana. Discuss the issues you have had with Humana and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.