Menu

complaints

Humana Complaints Summary

26 Resolved
302 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Humana with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Humana has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Humana. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Humana complaints 328

Sort by:

Newest Humana complaints

C
7:09 pm EST

Humana Health insurance

Title: "Humana's Transportation Service: A Disastrous Change"

Review:

My recent experience with Humana's transportation service, now handled by Modivcare, has been utterly disappointing. The transition has been a disaster, leaving me stranded and frustrated. Modivcare's inability to provide accessible service to all clients, especially those with unique needs like dialysis patients, is unacceptable. Their insistence on extensive notice for appointments, lack of flexibility, and disregard for individual circumstances have left me with no options but to rely on Uber, often leading to canceled appointments and missed healthcare opportunities. Furthermore, their use of vans or buses emblazoned with company logos violates privacy rights and HIPAA laws. The recent changes, seemingly driven by cost-cutting measures, have severely impacted patient care. I will be switching providers at the earliest opportunity.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Humana representatives only. If you are affiliated with Humana, please claim your business to access these details.

E
5:41 pm EST

Humana Medicare advantage spending account

My wife & I had used the Humana Medicare Advantage Spending Account to purchase OTC items from Carewell Pharmacy store online for items we would normally purchase at a drug store.

After waiting until the start of the new year to order some more supplies, I logged into my Medicare Account, and my Humana account, and proceeded to try to get to Carewell to order more supplies. The process was irritating and kept running me around in circles. After about the 5th attempt, I was informed that I was no longer welcomed at Carewell, as Humana had unceremoniously dumped the Spending Account portion of the Advantage plan. Sure, they may have sent me some sort of idiotic fine-print letter or email regarding " Changes to Your ACCOUNT" in that impersonal, legal way that so many companies do. But the point is, no one reads that crap until its time to find out that the program was turned to their advantage, and not yours.

Desired outcome: The desired outcome was achieved by Dumping Humana Medicare Advantage and obtaining a plan of original Medicare Plan G with another carrier.

J
12:19 pm EST

Humana Continuity of care

I am writing about your company dropping the ball in the care of my husband, he has cancer of the lungs and I have been trying for a couple of months to get the care that is needed. Your agents have gone from "oh go ahead and go to the doctor needed" to sorry it will take 14 days for us to make up our mind. When I call they have no idea what I'm talking about as they say they don't have back up information to support to what I tell them that I have done so far!

Can you please get to the bottom of this?

Desired outcome: For him to be able to continue with the doctor which has already done everything.

Is Humana legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Humana as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 7% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Humana stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Humana should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Humana earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Humana achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Humana. The company provides a physical address, 6 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Humana's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Humana.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Humana website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up Humana and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Humana has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 7% of 328 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Humana protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Humana. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
D
6:05 pm EST

Humana Health insurance

Week of December 18th I contacted your transportation company - Motive - to arrange transportation for an upcoming doctors appointment. My appointment was for Dec 28th at 11:45 am and my pick-up time 11 am, which I confirmed twice prior to that date. The transportation company NEVER SHOWED UP AND NEVER CONTACTED ME. Consequently, my appointment — which I had to wait two months for - was cancelled. This was not an ordinary doctor's visit — I am 75 years old and this was to see a cardiologist, as I may have a heart problem. When I called the doctors office to explain why I hadn't showed up, she seemed annoyed and told me she wasn't sure she could reschedule me - ever. I have not heard back from her yet and doubt I will. Consequently I am without an appointment for a cardiologist and when I contacted a supervisor at Human, her only "help" was to recommend a different transportation company in the future.

cc:www.bbb.org/us/ct

P
1:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Terrible services, customer services half the time have no clue what they are doing. I have been calling humana every other week since june of this year! i have changed my plan at least four different times with them. I have changed my primary at least five or six different times! i'm on the phone with them now switching my primary because the last doctor...

12:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Michael Edwards - Humana Medicare Advantage customer. Starting in early August 2023 Humana was contacted regarding coverage of a CGM. I have transcripts where coverage information varied between 80% (as DME) covered to 100% (Diabetic supplies). Directed to Edwards health care and after back and forth - and being told that since Michael is not on insulin...

S
5:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My mother had a lower limb amputation and Humana denied her services with Encompass and the facility she is currently in will be discharging her on November 22. How do you expect a woman who has been healthy and independent to her entire life to get well in 16 days? My mother needs the insurance to provide her with the necessary days allowed for treatment...

View 0 more photos
2:40 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Letting them know my sister has passed in order to discontinue their mailings

I contacted them by phone on 11-10-11 to tell them my sister was dead and to stop mailings to my home. I was jacked around for over an hour and called back again and had to explain the issue and was jacked around again. Placed on hold to no where land. This wasted about an hour and a half of my time. I asked to speak to a supervisor again. Apparently they don't have any as I again was placed on hold to no where. This company can not handle this simple request? How incompetent. I do not recommend Humana under any circumstance. Run the other direction!

Desired outcome: Remove my sister's mailings!

8:04 am EST

Humana Dental insurance

Was given the name of a dentist by Humana & was told the dentist is in network, After having work done I was sent a letter saying the dentist was out of network, so it was not paid for. After notifying Humana the dentist is in network & is participating provider & they rechecked & realized the dentist was participating provider & in network I was told it takes 30 days to fix the issue so I have been waiting to get the issue cleared up & hope to have the rest of the work done someday. I worked in the insurance department of a hospital I would not recommend this insurance to anyone.

Read full review of Humana and 2 comments
2 comments
K
K
ken pietarinen
Homosassa, US
Dec 03, 2023 5:55 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i have same problem Humana not paying claim for dentist in network

B
B
bernard edward
, US
Nov 17, 2023 3:20 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

im having a similar issue with them on dental coverage plus a large portion of the dentists shoing in network are denying they provide coverage

D
1:45 pm EDT

Humana Payment not Received

It's been 2-1/2 years that I have yet to receive 2 of 3 checks owed to me. All 3 were received in 2021 in my father's name in error (deceased 12/18/20), Checks (3) returned and confirmed by Humana as voided. I received 1 check correctly under my name but since 2021 I have yet to receive the other 2 checks. Customer Service is nice but keep getting "I'll make sure its processed" so not sure where the disconnect is. There is no billing number to call and it seems that my father's. I've sent over 40 letters and hundreds of calls.

Desired outcome: I would like my two checks in the amount of $8858.61 submitted to me.

2:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I contacted Humana to confirm and enroll my individual dental plan early 2023. Humana confirmed to me that Wanda Moreta was the only provider as an HMO provider that was a participant approved in my plan at the dental office American Family Dentistry - Germantown, 7709 Poplar Ave, Ste 212, Germantown, TN 38138. Other dentists at that location were not...

C
9:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife's Psychiatrist monitors her medication after she had an allergic reaction to Penicillin. I was assured by the agent that Medication management was covered by our present policy. After a week stay in the hospital she was put on medications which are monitored by Dr. Joseph Danial, MD, B.C. Psychiatrist. Dr. Danial is no longer takes our insurance...

4:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’m disabled Bad left leg. Can not walk but with walker can move about 15 ft. I use a 3 wheel scooter that I paid for out of pocket & now need a replacement as the anti roll gear is shot and the electrical parts are fraying. With my scooter I can get out of the house & drive for groceries,to Dr appointments and clothes shop & get into places like Home Depot...

5:32 pm EDT

Humana Flex card

Signed up with humana at the end of last month with the promise of $175.00 a month for groceries ...I canceled just now because still no card and was told it may take an additional 22 days to receive it. I have no need for Humana as I am an honorably discharged vet and receive free health care ...so now I am out 1 month of My " benefit" that I could have had with another provider and will soon sign up for...never again human you SUCK !

Desired outcome: Give me back my phone privacy that I lost when I signed up on for your [censored] !

12:50 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been on the phone with at least 17 Agents for hours trying to get this claim fixed, I have provided everything that has been asked of me. I have had to send multiple items multiple times because someone hasn't attached them to the file. This Claim is from 10/18/2022. It has been 11 months I have been more than patient waiting for someone to do their...

P
8:03 am EDT

Humana co-pay

ID: H44486138 Jacques Tourangeau 10/05/1942. Since I did change my plan, I have a lot of problems. On January 06/2023 I had a surgery for my right shoulder, I had to pay $ 100.00 for a scan $ 80.00 at the hospital.After the surgery , physio $ 20.00 each day almost 2 weeks.. When to see the surgeon many times and complain about the same problem, he did nothing. Went to see another specialist, he did try to help me. If it is not working I will probably need another surgery. If so I will not pay anything because a mistake of a surgeon.

I do not mine co-pay but $ 100.00 is a bit too much.

I need somebody to explain why do I have to pay so much.

Again yesterday 08/30/2023 again $ 100.00 for a scan

I do know that I have to pay co-pay but a reasonable price

my address is 9765 Bowline Dr. Apt 201, West Palm Beach. FL. 33411

phone number [protected]

thank you for your cooperation and I am sorry not to be nice

have a good day

08/31/2023

1:26 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Aug 17,2023 I had an appointment. Even got two confirmation calls. I was almost there I called them as a courtesy to let them know. They saidy appt was cancelled on Aug 3. I didn't cancel it and never received a call from them. They said the slot had been filled and would have to reschedule for September. I said No! Nope! Not happening! They then said...

I
7:53 pm EDT

Humana PaPA

PaPa a supposedly companionship service left my 91 yo mother stranded in 94 degree weather. Fortunately she was able to go inside a facility to get cool. teh driver showed up at the designated time and location. My mother got into the car. Remember she is 91 y/o. So, not always easy. Apparently, the PaPa driver decided at that time, the distance was too far. He told her he could not transport her. I should point out that I had planned these pick ups weeks in advance for my Mother.

So, no only did he leave her stranded, when I finally was informed of the matter, it was two hours later. So, she was stranded to 2:45 hour before PaPa contracted with UBER to pick her up. The service is totally unacceptable and should not be used to transport elderly personal until they can GUARANTEN pick and delivery.

Desired outcome: i would like an apology and an change in their process/protocol to prevent this form happening to someone else in the future.

W
4:19 pm EDT

Humana Centerwell pharmacy

I placed an order which said onscreen would cost me $0.00. I was charged $94 for that order. As soon as it arrived I sent it back using a label provided by Centerwell Pharmacy. That was two weeks ago. It has now been long enough for the prescription to travel the circumference of the Earth and my money is STILL NOT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. I have bills bouncing left and right as this account is set up for multiple payments. Today I was told the following things: a refund has already been made, It may take three weeks to get your money, the office of finance is already closed today (2:30 pm), because we already submitted a request we have to wait now for five to seven more days, sir I cannot do anything to help you with your money, sir I do not control sending your money back even though I am the finance department, sir you just want to wait and be patient... I know one thing, if this was your mother or grandmother that you were treating this way you would be angry... well, I am indeed angry. Put My Money Back Now!

Desired outcome: I need $94 back on the credit card it was charged to IMMEDIATELY - otherwise I will dump HUMANA as well

J
2:57 pm EDT

Humana Heath & Dental

The list of dental providers won't so much as clean your teeth because they are not reimbursed at a high enough rate. They will either say they aren't taking Humana at this time or be more honest, depends on the facility. Their coverage is horrible, they pay for your bloodwork and one script, that's all you get for your monthly "fork it over". Our government has failed us, these insurance companies are scallywags who's only focus is on profits, it's all they care about.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Humana contacts