Menu
Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC]
reviews & complaints

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

46 complaints
23 resolved 23 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
2:30 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Bond paper of policy no. -927823923 sajid s baig...

Hi Team,

I would like to inform you that, I took loan against policy no 927823923, I paid the full loan as on dtd. 19 Apr 2022 but still I doesn’t receive MY BOND of my policy…….

Kindly look in to this and confirm………..

Thanks & Regards,

SAJID S BAIG

Mobile: +91-9167559425

Desired outcome: BOND Paper of Policy No. -927823923 Sajid S Baig......

A
8:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir, My name is Abdullah Isa and I am basically from Kolkata and working in Mumbai. I had some financial issues for which I took small loan from a private money lender in Mumbai who took my LIC Policy (Policy number 494380779) original Bond as mortgage and asked for 24 blank cheques signed as a security for loan. He asked me to sign on his company'...

D
8:44 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Annuity annual payment not received in 2020

Below mentioned are the details of the LIC Annuity bought by Tata Sons to pay me the Superannuation money. I chose the option of yearly payments directly to my bank with NEFT.

Till 2019 the payment were regular, in the month of October every year.

Please email me any response on - [email protected]

Name - Kuldeep Bakshi
Annuity No.091Y1013153515
LIC ID 101618
Purchase Price (Balance amount) Rs. 256497/-
1st Yearly Installment Dated 13-Oct-2011

I received payments till 2019 ONLY but have not received due payment in 2020 so far (oct 8th 2020)

5:57 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - They are not responding

I enrolled for LIC Money back policy insurance and policy number is ""923166805"
LIC India is liable to pay me money back as on May 2020 as per schedule.

It is more than two months that LIC India has not paid me the said amount.
Also they are not responding to more than 20 request email that I have sent.

I have sent repeated emails on [email protected]

There is no response.

PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL FOR ANY POLICY WITH LIC INDIA.

C
4:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 26.04.2020, I placed an order containing the following products below - Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 2019 (Black) SM-T510 - Samsung 10.000 mAh Portable Fast Charger (Silver) EB-1100B My order has not processed in 3 business days. At the end of the 3rd day, I received an e-mail from Samsung Turkey notifying me that my orders have been shipped with just...

5:13 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am jayasree mandal my lic policy number is 418494218 date of commencement of policy is 28/03/2004 the premium is rs. 3787 yearly. The policy is like every after four years I will get rs. 10000. I have got on 28/03/20009 rs. 10000 and on 23/03/2014 rs. 10000 and in 2019 I will also get rs. 10000 but they have not given the money then I have given a...

K
12:09 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Against the Annuity Number 091y0331147627 unit name:hyderabad. I have submitted my last existence certificate in 2011. I have not received my Annuity for the last 5 years. Kindly confirm the the mailing address to submit the Certificate of existance and change my bank Account detals and change of residential address. K INDRASENA RAO 9491296172/7382040662

4:34 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I, j c goswami policy holder of jeevan surakha plan 147/10policy no 891188036 have submitted my mandate of ecs on 07 sept 2016 with branch no 89c and copy of mandate duly filled along with original cheque sent to ipp cell mumbai 400021 by regd post a rm641103641in dated 20/09/2016 also with request to change my bank account no for payment of monthly...

K
4:41 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Providing false information

On 27/8/13 at 10.42 am I received telephonic call from Md. Shewta Kalra (mobile 8860483282). She told me that she is from LIC office at Conn Place branch New Delhi & offered me Jeewan Anand Policy with following benefits :
If I pay Rs. 40000 / year, then on 15th year I shall get back Rs. 18 lakh
+ Rs. 5 Lakh life cover for the whole life
+ Cah Back incentive every year @ 5~ 12 % which is normally paid to agent.

I told her to show me the broucher with all these details. She agreed. Next day she sent me his officer to fill the form for taking policy but without any documents . I insisted to verify the physical documents before filling the form. He assured me for bringing the documents next day. After 2 days another officer came. He could not show me the documents for Jeewan Anand policy. But Md. Shewta Kalra offered me Jeewan Saral policy on phone. She told me that this policy will also return back 3 times the benefit of total amount deposited for 15 yrs. This officer showed me a chart with Jeewan Saral policy benefits indicating 10 % return benefits. I was not satisfied with his offer, as there was no guarantee/ assurance for any return amount. I told him that decision will be taken after 2~3 days.
On 05/9/13 I got a call from Md Shewta Kalra for my decision. I told her that I am not satisfied with details shown by them vs. assurances given by her on phone. On hearing my refusal to take policy, she lost her control. She started shouting/abusing with anger in a very much abusing language as if I have cheated her.
It seems that official of Insurance co. feel it is their right to force us to accept their policy on false assurances. They cheat the persons by providing misleading information who are not very careful on such matters.
I strongly recommend strong action against such persons.

K.C.Gupta
Mobile 9818685225

11:09 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Non receipt of maturity amount of policy

sir, my policy No-790656391, taken from LIC of India, Ottapalam Branch, Kerala, India had matured on 28/12/2010. Due to exigencies of duty, I was unable to present myself at the LIC office. I had handed over my policy cert and SBI account details to the LIC agent through whom I had taken the policy. Till date, my maturity amount has not been credited into my bank account, for what so-ever reasons, I am not aware of. Maturity amount was Rs.50, 000/- and I request your kind self to attend to this issue and take adequate steps in order to get my maturity amount credited in bank account along with interest from 29/12/2012 to date of credit into my account. The LIC agent has also gone mum on the matter and he now shows no eager and urgency that he had showed when forcing me to take this policy. Such people only will tarnish the image of the organisation, and that too, in the light of stiff competition in this field.

Thanking you, Narendran

L
10:13 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Matured amount

i have a policy in lic my policy no is 715800799
it matured on March 2013 after went so many time in Ambattur LIC branch i was told i get a letter from lic after that i get my money but i am recevied any letter i send email to branch manager no response i meet one agent he arrange me to get matured money. i insured life for 75000 at 1998.i am receving premium intimation letter from lic .last letter its shows rev.bonus accrued as at Rs 53925 ason 31/03/2011 but the agent helped is give me cheque for Rs 132675 in the statement along with cheque shows
Basic amount -75000
vested bonus -56925 (intimation letter08/08/2012
states my bonus up to 31/03/2011 is Rs53925 after two years final statement bonus shows Rs 56925 only it is not far the bonus for the year 2012 and 2013 only Rs 3000)please do needful to get my money

A
10:37 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Non settelement of claim as detailed below

I have taken a LIC JEEVAN PLUS policy vide LIC policy no.693985128 D.29-11-2005 VISAKKHAPATNAM Branch, in the mutual fund category to be invested in stock market under
plan 173 and paid an amount of Rs 20, 000.A policy was also issued by the LIC in my name
i.e Vanka.yathiraja valli with nominee as V.V.R.Shyamkumar.

. As per the charcterstic of this scheme this amount will be
invested in debt/equity market with a ratio of 50%:50% in government
securities and equity shares respectively and interest/d to grievences cell on 23-11-2012 ---------- > ividend and profit
earned as the case may be will be adjusted to my credit each year to be
utilised as further premiums of this scheme. Thus the liablility of further
due premiums of the above scheme is reduced to this effect and balance
income on this scheme kept as credit balance in my favour every
year and the staments thus arrived is to be sent to me to alert the the further
liability if any on this schme. But the LIC did not send any statements upto2011 i.e for6 years and adjusted all my credits towards my further premiums from 2005 to 2011 for 6 years.This proves that the premiums due from me are adjusted by LIC with out intimation. But now after 6 years The LIC resorted to premature fore closure without giving any notice/intimation.Even then Iam entitled to get full amount without any deductions as per para 10(ii) of the cinditions laid down by the LIC printed on the overleaf of my above policy In this connection I also hereby claim under the provisons of the above said policy and claim
charges for premature surrender uder clause 10(ii) no deduction for
the premiums paid for more than 2 years while in my case premiums were
adjusted from 2005 to 2011 i.e for 6years as per letter and as
per the statement shown by you above i.e. from29-12-2005 to31-01-12011
for about 6 years while only 2 years was stipulated. As such this is fit case
for settlement under clause 10 (ii) under prematue surrender envisaged
in he conditions of LIC policy

Kindly consider the above facts and settle my case in the light of conditions
of policy as explained and do justice as considerable time about more than one year has been
lost .In case any applications and declarations are required to be
signed and sent to LIC in support of my above claim provided CONTNUING
OF LIFE COVER AND OTHER RIDERS AS MENTIONED ABOVE ONLY as per para9
and10 of conditions of my policy.This will be complied on hereing
from LIC. Thanking you sir, yours faithfully ---v, yathAKHAPATNAM-5300

Jul 04, 2016 4:44 am EDT

I am also a victim of LIC. Is your settlement done? If yes then please guide me.
Thanks,
Pooja

10:56 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Survival benefits - dues payment

Request for Survival Benefit Rs. 20, 000/- dues on 27-03-2011 but payment disburse only Rs. 17705/- only. Dues amount Rs. 2295/- for the period of October, 2010 to February, 2011 total five months premiun amount Rs. 459/- per month deducted from my salary. The above said due amount not received yet, however I submitted elequent information & necessary proof in set proforma of LIC Office to LIC Authority / Divisional Office LIC Of India, Jeevan Prakash, Ranade Marg, Ajmer -PIN NO. 305001 Rajasthan.
Policy Holder Nafis Begum(Nafees Begum) W/o Mohammed Rais R/o R K Araien House No. H-408, Azad Marg, C-Scheme, Jaipur- 302001, Rajasthan. Contact No. 0141-2224728 Mobile No. 9214631201

3 comments
Jun 23, 2011 2:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had bought a policy premium @ Rs 2766 half yearly for 15 years ( ie JEEWAN SURABHI for 15 years). I deposited all premiums till now. I must get Rs 15000/- on completion four years in the month of April 2011. But the same has not been received till now. My policy No [protected], agent No [protected], DO No 0003620. Kindly tell me when I will get back the same.

May 02, 2010 9:31 pm EDT

I have submitted my policy on 3.4.2010. at BHEL main gate RC Puram, I made Inquiry about My cheqe but I surpriced to learnt by other end of phone ([protected]) very ruff in manner as if I am his servent / slave, I feel very bad & Irequested to connect B/M but he disconncted . however I collected phone no. [protected] & spkn. I request you to take suitable action against him .

Thanks.
3e59a

Mar 31, 2011 11:51 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i paid my LIC online at 31/03/2011 and my account has been deducted by the premium amount but reciept not generated by the LIC india i made a mail to LIC and so much comlain to lIC india but they are not responding my policy no [protected]

D

Higher authorites
Lic of india
Complaint department

Res sir,

Sub: claim for policy no. 819372255 of late jayesh j. shah not received more over 5 months

Regarding with the above referance I am very sorry to say you that my borhter has expired on 29-04-2003. due to non available the details of policy we had not claimed for the same. as we found the details of policy we had applied to lic dhrangadhra branch as on 19-09-2011. and then after so menytime contect to branch but the result is zerox.

And then after we had tried to contect to branch manager in the month of jan 2012 and he had told that he is doing the process for the same and the such the techinical reson the case is pending. and then after I had visited to branch manager as on 28-02-2012 for the same matter and sorry to say you that the branch manager rudly act with me and say that 3why I will do for you where ever you want to complain you can go? and getout form hear….. I shocked.. and the this position on this leval you are appointed the person. we are educated person to whom the branch manager behave then what about the non educated?

Please arrange to solve the proble as fast as other wise we have force to go in consumer form for the same.

We assure your action for the same and action aginest the branch manager for his very very rudely behaviour.

-dipak j shah.

6:56 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

SIR With referance to Policy No.192456831... DOC 01/11/1998... I have not received the annual cheques this year ... last year I have received the cheques in the month of october by post at my residential address By the amount Rs(1008.00 each)... from 01/12/10 to 01/11/2011. Now I have only one cheque dated 01/11/11 that I have deposited in the bank. Kindly...

C
6:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Unfortunately, due to wrong information by the Lic Insurance Adviser (Subhash Chaudhary, his mobile:9958-3133-13). I got into this policy (policy number:12606-5757, dated: 14 Sep 011; policy for: Chaumukesh Vashishth). Now, I want it to be cancelled. Earlier I have given two applications dated: 26 Sep 011 and 12 Oct 011, and I have submitted original bond...

R
11:02 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Payment maturity value tt 181-05 policy no. 233595835

r/sir I have taken above plicy amounting to Rs. 15000 single primium ulip policy from LIC of India CBO8 Lal bangla harzender nagar kanpur branch accordingly policy bond issued to me well in time on clearance of cheque. on surrender/maturity i have informed by the branch that cheque no. 922388 dtd. 31.07.06 of BOB sarai maswanpur kanpur was dishonored no intimation was given to me in year 2006 or till dt. in the above connection it is to inform you that the above cheque issued in the favour of lic is alrady cleared on 2.806 as such copy of bank statement is enclosed for ready rferance.

7:54 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - Claim settlement

my money back policy bearing no; 680605211 matured date is 28/03/2011, and i assigned my policy bonds towards lic housing loan
but so far my claim amount was not settled more over i aproched the concered authorities many times at hyderabad lic hfl office
so kindly do justice in this regard
j.prasadrao
loan ac no ;64101677
policy no; 680605211

Jun 08, 2012 12:58 am EDT

My money back policy bearing no [protected] matured date is 15/04/2013, and i assigned to surrender my policy as discout collection, I submit my policy certifiate Kayamkulam Branch the month of April 27 th, 2012, Till icant get my money. I contact kayakulam branch two times, i met Madam Anitha bhaskaran she told me sent the file Kottayam Division for further process.
Sir, I joined the policy from surath on 15/04/1993, the same policy i transfer to Kayamkulam branch and premium deposited more than 15 years. From kayamkulam branch i got two times money back amount, Now my finacial possiton very bad, pls do the need ful as earliest and help me soon,
Thanks PAPPY RAJU

N.H-48, SHANTHIANGADY
B.C.ROAD, BANTWAL
PIN:574219

Dear sir,
With reference to your letter dated on 13-08-2011 i M.Suresh.Rao with policy number 620481704 would like to inform you that i have submitted all the necessary documents and have completed all the required formalities regarding the maturity claim on 28-05-2011.Despite of this i have again been asked to do all the formalities.I wish you would kindly look into this matter and despatch the cheque to the above mentioned address.
Thanking you
yours faithfully
M.Suresh.Rao

R
Jun 03, 2016 8:23 am EDT

To
The Manager
LIC Of India

Subject: Policy Bond has not given by LIC.

Sir / Madam,
Respectfully, I beg to say that I am policy holder ASHOK KUMAR Policy No: [protected] had taken Jeevan Saral Policy but I have not got Policy Bond. I have said many times in the Branch Head and Advisor. I have given many applications to advisor but no response.
Sir / Madam. Please provide me my Policy Bond.
Date: 28/11/2010
Agent Code: [protected]

8:45 am EDT

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] - lic policy number 124217836

Dear Sir,
I have surrendered my captioned policy number at Mayur Vihar branch before one month around 3 months before, but not getting any news on the refund.

I had personally visit the branch 3 times, but as per branch persons there are some mistake done by head office and cheque value is not coming in the system.

They had told me that they are following it up and shortly I will get the refund cheque.

I request you to kindly look up this matter.

Look forward for your valuable support.

Regards,