The Hartford Financial Services Group Logo

The Hartford Financial Services Group

Having problems with The Hartford Financial Services Group?

The Hartford Financial Services Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 860 547 5000 (Customer Service)
+1 888 546 9099 (Quotes (Sales)
+1 877 805 9918 (AARP Auto & Home Claims)
+1 877 687 1279 (AARP Glass Claims)
+1 800 423 6789 (AARP Auto)
+1 800 322 7789 (ATV / Golf Cart / Snowmobile)
+1 877 621 4981 (Spanish)
+1 877 422 2345 (Home Insurance)
+1 800 296 7542 (Flood Insurance)
+1 888 925 3137 (Small Business Insurance Program)
+1 855 829 1683 (Business Insurance)
+1 866 467 8730 (Business Insurance Service Center)
+1 877 287 1316 (Payroll Billing Service)
+1 800 327 3636 (Commercial Auto Claims)
+1 888 656 0817 (Fidelity & Surety Bonds)
+1 800 231 5453 (Hartford Variable Life)
+1 800 243 5433 (Hartford Traditional Life)
+1 888 843 7824 (The Hartford Mutual Funds)
+1 866 574 3542 (College Savings)
690 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut
AARP Auto Insurance Program
P.O. Box 14215, Lexington, KY 40512

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Hartford Financial Services Group Customer Service. Initial The Hartford Financial Services Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Hartford Financial Services Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Hartford Financial Services Group. Discuss the issues you have had with The Hartford Financial Services Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hartford Auto InsuranceAuto insurance aarp hartford auto insurance

One accident in 8 years . The claim cost was for $1100. The premium then doubled. Cost increase was more than the $1100 damage. Agent said I'm sorry about the increase. The previous year $1494.00. Now it is $ 2210.

The Hartford Financial Services GroupEven though I explaid to the office that I put the wrong amount of 941, year of 2019 through on-line. Your office keep saying amt was $465,486.00

I sent the copy of individual payroll summary report for year of 2019, that was the same amount of 941 2019yr which is $176, 466.30. please find out premium from that corrected amount of payroll for year of 2019.

AARP Hartford Automobile Insurance Co — automobile insurance

I have been insured by AARP Hartford for the past 3 years for two cars in Florida and one car in Delaware. I...

The Hartford Financial Services Groupbogus auto insurance

Hartford auto insurance scam on AARP site entices would be auto owners to call them for coverage but the hook or catch is that all autos within the household must be covered by Hartford or none at all. The adds for discounted auto coverage with AARP membership is misleading and untrustworthy and should be discontinued. I know of no other auto insurance carrier that requires that kind of bogus requirement other then The Hartford.

The Hartfordauto insurance

Please forward this information to the AARP Board and Administration. The AARP should reconsider its relationship with The Hartford.

I sustained a non-injury accident involving a deer on 6/2. I was authorized a rental vehicle commencing on 6/2 to 6/13. However, the claims examiner, Asfhin Razi, has not authorized continued rental services. The Hartford only pays $20 per day of the $30 per day to rent a vehicle. I pay $10.25 per day out-of-pocket. I asked Mr. Razi to memorialize all communication with me in writing. He refused. Then yesterday did provide me with a letter of settlement via email. I work, am disabled, and homeless. Mr. Razi is aware of all of this information yet act in bad faith when communicating with me.

My auto insurance contract states The Hartford will pay $20 per day, for a maximum of 30-days' or a cap of $600 dollars. However, Montana law disputes this. They allow an injured party to continue having a rental vehicle for the duration of time reasonably necessary to secure a replacement vehicle of equal value. I have disputed this fact with Mr. Razi, provided him with the Montana State Auditor's Memorandum on this topic.

If I do not have a vehicle, I work about 45 minutes or so out of Missoula, I will be forced to involuntarily terminate my employment. That will lead to litigation for bad faith, and violations of willful and recalcitrant attitude
        toward claimant.

Mr. Razi threatened to close my file as being uncooperative to asking to have written communication between us, and for his claim that my refusing to call him back constituted my being non-cooperative. That is preposterous!

So today, Mr. Razi turned my file over to his supervisor for review after I filed a demand letter for arbitration.

Mr. Razi should be terminated from his employment...A $20 cap on a rental vehicle is not the fair market value in Missoula. This clown lives in Kentucky, The Hartford has no reps in Montana, and has no clue about the geographic distances required to work/travel to maintain my employment...

The Hartfordclaim y83 ac 48398 event pa0017338965 april 19, 2017

Your records will show the poor service we received from the subject claim representatives. First, my wife Katie was asked if she could pay to have her truck towed, she paid $61 to Agero Roadside assistant to have it towed to our home with not a word of compensation from the Hartford. I then called the next day and spoke with Shane Stevenson who suggested Pro Tech Collision as a repair service that you use in this area and were highly rated. In addition I would receive $300 off of the $500 deductible for the good driving record and if we decided to use Pro Tech, we would receive another $100 off the deductible, leaving only $100 deductible to pay. Sounded great! But this turned out to be a nightmare. The vehicle was picked up on April 27, 2017 and returned the same day because it was pulling hard to the left. I had asked Mike Webster, of Pro Tech, before I took it, if the vehicle was test driven, and he assured me that it was. But I had only driven a few hundred yards down Rt. 1 South when I felt the vehicle pulling hard to the left. This told me that he lied or didn't know if it was test driven, either way, they were not reliable. We picked the vehicle up for the second time on May 8, 2017. My wife needed to take a business trip to Philadelphia with my granddaughter, Mimi. The left tie rod nut came off less than 50 miles up I-95 North in Green Belt, Md. She had no control and by the grace of God, their lives were spared along with many possible others. WE then called Pro Tech to arrange for towing and a rental to now find that the claim rep says The Hartford will not cover some of the charges. I could go on and on but I'll give you an opportunity to investigate and respond. One more thing, I have been a valued customer since 1997, Home and Auto, from Pennsylvania, to Virginia, and I have never felt so betrayed and disappointed in my life as I do now. I want all charges to be paid. By the way, all rental charges were to be billed to Pro Tech but $260 was the required deposit taken from our visa account. I have the rental agreement made by Pro Tech, a $61 charge on my account for towing, a letter from Bria Furlow refusing to pay rental charges, a $21.00 gas receipt to return rental with full tank of fuel, and a traumatized wife and granddaughter. We took the vehicle to the Safford Dodge Dealer on May 16, 2017 after repairs were supposedly completed by Pro Tech, just for inspection and the assurance that it was safe to drive; no one blamed me, especially not Pro Tech. You would not believe how far off the alignment was and how much had to be changed in order for it to be as it should be. I have a list of correction and adjustments made by the Dodge Dealer. $297 gladly paid for by Pro Tech. Pro Tech's bill to The Hartford was $2771 on 4/27/17 But increased to$4636 on 5/8/17 but you're denying rental charges for me, your valued customer of 19 years? If you should require additional information, Cell [protected] home [protected]
          [protected]@msn.com Lee Roy Sutton

The Hartfordwork comp

I had a work comp with Hartford. I paid in advance $2400 approximately for $10000 salary part time employee which is really high rate. We are 2 partners ( we are brothers) and one employee. When I did the policy, I told the broker to exclude me and my brother because we are partners, and he has all our information because he has the business Insurance, car insurance, home insurance, and I was with him for 6 years. Then he told me that don't worry because owners are already excluded. He sent me the papers, and I looked it's one employee, and I sent him back the papers. This was my first time to do a work comp because he is the first employee I hired. When we did the revision at the end of the year, they asked me to pay $8588 extra because my brother wasn't excluded. I expected to get money back because I paid the employee $6900 on payroll. I thought I should get back around $700 to $800. I talked with them and they asked for a proof that my brother is a partner in the corporation since 2013, and I sent them the proof, but they aren't honest. I have an excellent credit history, and the agent refused to say that's his mistake to them, but he told me that he would tell them that's his mistake, but he was lying. Agent Name Gamil Shehata. They are stealing money, and their agents are liars. As a small business owner that was a lot of money. DON'T GO WITH HARTFORD NO MATTER WHAT

The HartfordAutomobile insurance

One year ago after receiving advertising from AARP I signed up with Hartford for my auto insurance. They gave me a rate that was about 35% less than what I was paying through another company. All was good until the one year was up and the renewal came due. I had no accidents, the same vehicles, the same drivers, and no tickets. The renewal Rate was 37.8% higher than the previous year. I ask why and they gave me a bull**** answer.
              Shopped around and changed to another company that was much cheaper, with improved coverage.
              I am not real fond of the Bait and Switch tactics employed by The Hartford...
              I am also not happy with AARP for teaming up with a company that takes advantage of its Members...

Hartford Auto Insurance — Hartford roadside assistance

Dec 10, 2016 by     klenk Hartford auto insurance roadside assistance Complaint Rating: Contact...

The Hartford — Diminished Value Claim

Hartford Casualty Insurance Company has acted in bad faith by unfairly and unjustly denying a diminished...

Angels Camp

The Hartford / AARP — hartford car insurance aarp bait & switch - beware-unethical

Received by mail material that as an aarp member I could phone the hartford ins.co and receive a discount on...

The HartfordPrice Gouging

My premium was raised from around 1100.00 to 1600.00 a 500.00 dollar increase because I had received a ticket for going 7 miles an hour over the speed limit on an Interstate. This is the only ticket on my record. I was told the reason being was because the company thinks that if someone get a ticket then that person is most likely to get another one so the company puts me into a category of habitual offenders. This is absolutely an offensive accusation!

Hartford InsurancePayment for short term disability discontinued for no reason.

01/18/2016 this is the latest scam by Hartford to save money and make consumers unhappy. They begin short term disability payments without any paper documentation from doctor, only verbal. Then 7 weeks later they pick an arbitrary date that has nothing to do with your doctors recommendations and stop payments because of lack of documentation from doctor. No one is notified that they are stopping payment therefore the time it takes to catch it and obtain med. Documentation from doctor, up to 7 days, submit to Hartford and then they require 7 days to review, throw in a federal holiday and I have went a month with no short term disability payments. What ever they have to do to keep the money in their account as long as possible. No ethics, poor customer service, no attempt to pay on a timely fashion. Would go uninsured before using Hartford ever. This type of manipulation to delay payment should be illegal, but you can be sure the insurance lobby has made sure it is not.

The Hartford — Auto Insurance.

As a long-time AARP member, (over ten years); I have always been proud to be part of an organization that...

The HartfordAuto Insurance

AARP Hartford is very dishonest. On Mar.2013, I was falsely accused by person of hitting his truck, ABQ, NM, after he stalked me to my parsonage home. Neither of us were ticketed. No evidence we had an accident (e.g. no paint transfer, etc). From police, he found my insurer was AARP Hartford (H.), and filed claim with H. H. turned him down, so he filed with his insurance co. Unknown to me until Mar.2015 that I had an accident on my driving record as his claim went into secret arbitration. H. put up feeble defense, and arbitrator found in favor of him. H. paid his claim. Insurance firms love to lose these cases as they can then "justify" much higher premiums for fictional accidents (5+ more than what they pay), which they are doing to us. H. now charges us for this fictional accident. When I first found out, I emailed H. several times - no response. I then complained to NM OSI - told me I had no right to know anything about the arbitration as it was "work product". I then complained to NM AG - also refused to act, in spite of issues of H. perjury for lying to both me and OSI, outright fraud, religious hate crime, elder abuse. Auto insurance companies are private secret societies that use the police as their enforcers. Most people must drive to survive. Are you paying them too much because of your race, religion, ethnic group, political beliefs, age, gender, disabilities, job, income, where you live, orientation, etc.? While you can complain both to the federal and state governments about any other type of corporate crime, there is no federal agency which investigates insurance company frauds.

Aarp The Hartford Auto InsuranceAuto Insurance Customer Service

The Hartford Insurance company is apparently recommended through AARP. We have had insurance with them on our automobiles or over a year. I have had an issue during the past month with their billing policies and procedures, and have contacted customer service three times during the past 4 weeks. They have still not managed my complaint. I am cancelling this insurance. My best advise - Do not purchase insurance from this company.

Aarp Hartford Home InsuranceMisleading

Solicited by AARP for Hartford Insurance. After changing all my auto and home to Hartford the problems have just begin. They cancelled my home insurance after two months as "the roof on your dwelling is a flat roof and does not meet the eligibility requirements of the program. Also due to the presence of an unfenced swimming pool". Da - this is Arizona and the home was disclosed as a SW Adobe style with a flat roof (which all adobe style are and which is the common style in this part of the country). As for the pool - 100% incorrect as this is a newer home and as anyone in AZ will tell you - very strict building codes and you will never get final occupancy without fences, door knobs above a certain height etc. The price attracted me, now I am really irritated with all the hassle and time wasted obtaining new insurance. My advice is steer as far away from this company as possible.

Hartford Auto Ins.Rate of auto insurance

In Jan I recieved bill for 2015 insurance ( I pay annually) The bill was for more than 2014's rate by at least $100. I called number on policy. Recieved reason as "increased company expenses", no review of policy to lower rate. I than did a web search for quotes from other companys and received one from HARTFORD!!! I called the number given and talked to a very nice gentleman who reviewed by policy, changed some items to my benefit and gave me a quote lower than 2014's amount. I asked why difference between direct call and web. He stated that give lower rates to individuals thta purchase policies on line. This is no fair to older and poorer individuals who have no access or cannot use a computer. I accepted my quote but feel very bad about all of those individuals who are being overchaged just because they do not order on line.

• Mk
                              MkStItCh Feb 16, 2015

You know, you can buy a lot of things online cheaper... Does that mean stores should lower the price??? Things are cheaper because the overhead is lower... No building, No employee cost, etc...

Aarp Home Insurance Program From The HartfordIncrease Premium For Home Insurance

When choosing home insurance don't consider AARP From The Hartford for your insurance needs. Because, What they did to me they will do to you. That is after you purchase your home insurance as I did for $708.00 for 1YR Premium. Then they raised the 1YR Premium to $1, 040.00. They said the reason for the $332.00 increase was because the fire station was 6 miles from my home and they thought it was 3 miles there for a longer response time for the fire department in case of a fire. Then they turned around and put a increase for 1YR Premium for $1, 438.00 that is another large increase of $398.00. Can you believe that in a 2YR period that AARP From The Hartford increased my Premium by $730.00 and they thought I would continue buying home insurance from them. I went on line with Liberty Mutual Insurance and in a few minutes they gave me a quote for the same amount of coverage on my home for a total 12 month policy premium for $728.00 WOW! What a savings. You need to go with Liberty Mutual they will save you a lot of money for home insurance as they did with me. Two days later I got a complete home total package coverage from Liberty Mutual in the mail for the same amount of home coverage for a savings of $710.00. Thank You Liberty Mutual Insurance. Mark

The HartfordI find this to be a complete rip off and would like other people to be made aware of this underhanded practice

After deciding to switch to Hartford ins. after being very happy with Geico ins. for 7 years, Hartford increased my premium more than 22% due to an accident to my car 55 months ago when my car was parked. The accident was completely paid by the other person’s insurance, since my car was parked.Hartford was not willing to check this out by raised me almost $400., actually more than my previous Geico policy.I find this to be a complete rip off and would like other people to be made aware of this underhanded practice.