Menu
Humana Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Humana
reviews and complaints

www.humana.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 335 Reviews

How responsive is Humana's customer service?

26 Resolved
303 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Humana handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Humana and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Humana has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Humana members reviews and complaints 335

Newest Humana reviews and complaints

M
5:32 pm EDT

Humana Flex card

Signed up with humana at the end of last month with the promise of $175.00 a month for groceries ...I canceled just now because still no card and was told it may take an additional 22 days to receive it. I have no need for Humana as I am an honorably discharged vet and receive free health care ...so now I am out 1 month of My " benefit" that I could have had with another provider and will soon sign up for...never again human you SUCK !

Desired outcome: Give me back my phone privacy that I lost when I signed up on for your [censored] !

12:50 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Humana - Claims

I have been on the phone with at least 17 Agents for hours trying to get this claim fixed, I have provided everything that has been asked of me. I have had to send multiple items multiple times because someone hasn't attached them to the file. This Claim is from 10/18/2022. It has been 11 months I have been more than patient waiting for someone to do their...

P
8:03 am EDT

Humana co-pay

ID: H44486138 Jacques Tourangeau 10/05/1942. Since I did change my plan, I have a lot of problems. On January 06/2023 I had a surgery for my right shoulder, I had to pay $ 100.00 for a scan $ 80.00 at the hospital.After the surgery , physio $ 20.00 each day almost 2 weeks.. When to see the surgeon many times and complain about the same problem, he did nothing. Went to see another specialist, he did try to help me. If it is not working I will probably need another surgery. If so I will not pay anything because a mistake of a surgeon.

I do not mine co-pay but $ 100.00 is a bit too much.

I need somebody to explain why do I have to pay so much.

Again yesterday 08/30/2023 again $ 100.00 for a scan

I do know that I have to pay co-pay but a reasonable price

my address is 9765 Bowline Dr. Apt 201, West Palm Beach. FL. 33411

phone number [protected]

thank you for your cooperation and I am sorry not to be nice

have a good day

08/31/2023

1:26 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Humana - Center well primary senior care / Henderson, NV and the medical staff therein.

On Aug 17,2023 I had an appointment. Even got two confirmation calls. I was almost there I called them as a courtesy to let them know. They saidy appt was cancelled on Aug 3. I didn't cancel it and never received a call from them. They said the slot had been filled and would have to reschedule for September. I said No! Nope! Not happening! They then said...

I
7:53 pm EDT

Humana PaPA

PaPa a supposedly companionship service left my 91 yo mother stranded in 94 degree weather. Fortunately she was able to go inside a facility to get cool. teh driver showed up at the designated time and location. My mother got into the car. Remember she is 91 y/o. So, not always easy. Apparently, the PaPa driver decided at that time, the distance was too far. He told her he could not transport her. I should point out that I had planned these pick ups weeks in advance for my Mother.

So, no only did he leave her stranded, when I finally was informed of the matter, it was two hours later. So, she was stranded to 2:45 hour before PaPa contracted with UBER to pick her up. The service is totally unacceptable and should not be used to transport elderly personal until they can GUARANTEN pick and delivery.

Desired outcome: i would like an apology and an change in their process/protocol to prevent this form happening to someone else in the future.

W
4:19 pm EDT

Humana Centerwell pharmacy

I placed an order which said onscreen would cost me $0.00. I was charged $94 for that order. As soon as it arrived I sent it back using a label provided by Centerwell Pharmacy. That was two weeks ago. It has now been long enough for the prescription to travel the circumference of the Earth and my money is STILL NOT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. I have bills bouncing left and right as this account is set up for multiple payments. Today I was told the following things: a refund has already been made, It may take three weeks to get your money, the office of finance is already closed today (2:30 pm), because we already submitted a request we have to wait now for five to seven more days, sir I cannot do anything to help you with your money, sir I do not control sending your money back even though I am the finance department, sir you just want to wait and be patient... I know one thing, if this was your mother or grandmother that you were treating this way you would be angry... well, I am indeed angry. Put My Money Back Now!

Desired outcome: I need $94 back on the credit card it was charged to IMMEDIATELY - otherwise I will dump HUMANA as well

J
2:57 pm EDT

Humana Heath & Dental

The list of dental providers won't so much as clean your teeth because they are not reimbursed at a high enough rate. They will either say they aren't taking Humana at this time or be more honest, depends on the facility. Their coverage is horrible, they pay for your bloodwork and one script, that's all you get for your monthly "fork it over". Our government has failed us, these insurance companies are scallywags who's only focus is on profits, it's all they care about.

S
9:51 pm EDT

Humana Prescription losartan

Going into the 5th day and Humana has yet to ship a renewal for a a common prescription. Not a renewal but a refill. Worst of all they lie and lie when asked why they didn't ship the prescription. I am not talking about delivery. They have yet to ship it

Call me Humana. How is it possible to be this bad. Ship the prescription

Desired outcome: Ship my prescription. Put it in the mail. It is 5 Days and nothing shipped. Call me Humana

5:13 pm EDT

Humana Customer service

I was on the phone with customer service about getting my son a ride to his speech therapy and this lady who called was rude sounded we were bothering her just by calling to make the reservation. Then she informed me the ride 24hours which I thought Saturday and Sunday included but I was informed other and advise me to change my appointment to a different time with said provider . then sighed when I stated I can't as said provider is booked.

Desired outcome: An apology and a change.

A
11:00 am EDT

Humana Ride assist

I have booked rides 1- 2 weeks in advance only to find my appointment time come and gone and no one shows up. Now I call the day of the appointment and it takes them 5-6 hours to get a ride and thus I miss the appointment. I have also waited on the phone with the ride service for over an hour, they seem confused and not sure how to do the job.

I have medical appointments and I cannot miss them. This is makes a major surgery so much more stressful.

Desired outcome: Either do not offer a ride service or run it in a way that gets patients to their appointments. The desired outcome is to get to the appointment on time.

L
1:50 pm EDT

Humana Humana Insurance not continuing contracts with hospitals

On a recent vacation to Mexico, on my 2nd day 05/20/23, I was struck by a car and taken via ambulance to the private hospital in Cozumel. I had multiple fractures, was knocked unconscious & clearly in need of emergency medical attention. Upon arriving via ambulance to the ER, the staff were attentive & great UNTIL they found out that I had Humana medical insurance. At that point, all medical interventions stopped & I was told that due to ongoing litigation against Humana I couldn’t be treated there. I was loaded back in to ambulance & taken to a subpar public ER until I could catch the ferry to Cancun to go to another hospital. The next ferry wasn’t until the following day! I was in excruciating pain, had unknown injuries other than those clearly seen (fractures) & could’ve died.

Fast forward to coming home to the States 4 days for medical care where I immediately went to the ER at Piedmont Hospital in Athens Ga which I had always known to take Humana.

Today I receive a letter from Piedmont letting me know they TOO are severing their ties with Humana due to not being able to reach an agreement with them for a contract after multiple attempts.

What the heck Humana?

I went with your company and have been with you because of your good reputation in the past, however this past 2 weeks has made me question whether I need to switch to another company ASAP!

Get it together and do it NOW or you are about to lose a lot of customers (myself included).

I’ve strongly recommended Humana to many ppl as an RN over the years & can just as easily recommend Aetna or another company that WILL take care of its customers (especially in emergent situations).

I can’t tell you how angry and disappointed this has left me. The amount of suffering I had to endure waiting for hours for that ferry the next day ALL because of $ and greed on Humana’s part.

I’ve since had surgery #1 to put a rod in where my shattered bone once was, but am seriously considering mitigation of my own.

Don’t know ANY amt can be placed on my pain/suffering I endured due to being rejected from 1st hospital in Cozumel due to current lawsuit against Humana. They were kind but I couldn’t afford private pay/not with my injuries!

As far as the most recent ER visit once I returned home/Piedmont Hospital of Athens, Ga- I want that bill to be paid in FULL!

I had NO idea that effective Sept 7, 2023 the contract with this hospital has been terminated until I got the letter in the mail today- 06/05/2023!

I should NOT be charged any out of network expenses after ALL I’ve already been through and honestly should not have to pay ANY bill to this hospital PERIOD!

I had to pay cash while in Cozumel for what little treatment I did receive there at the second public hospital, AND should’ve been treated by the trauma team at THE FIRST HOSPITAL PERIOD!

The public hospital/urgent care was a nightmare. I received no pain meds other than Rx which once again the farmacias there want CASH- no insurance and none were even open until next day!

I suffered the most agonizing pain in my life and would not ever wish that experience on anyone!

I had to pay cash while in Cozumel for what little treatment I did receive there at 2nd ER/urgent care AND should’ve been treated by the trauma team at 1st REAL HOSPITAL PERIOD

member

ID # H76876176

Desired outcome: Most recent ER visit (#3) once I returned home/Piedmont Hospital of Athens, Ga-I want to be paid in FULL!I should NOT have to pay any bill to this hospital PERIOD!H76876176

Read full review of Humana and 1 comment
1 comment
Ghost8531
Jun 10, 2023 11:45 pm EDT

The litigation is about sexism/racism. Glad Mexico flagged it.

3:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Humana Not automatically refilling xpensive brand name drugs brilinta, elieuis

I use these two drugs to stay alive. I was told the reasonwas because people would get refill on drug and not pick them up. This has nothing to do with me. Automatic refill made the burden lighter. I have always picked up my refills never ever missed one. I have doctor appointments, tests, and labs to follow up on always could trust the pharmacy to take care of medicine. I do not know who made this policy but there need to be excepttions made to loyal customers who always pay and pick up there refills on time, no exceptions is ridiculus. You are putting profit over patient, and becoming a customer noservice company that is sad.

Desired outcome: for exceptions to be granted to people who always pick up refills and pay. so they can get automatic refills

11:41 am EDT

Humana Humana Healthy Plus Card

This card is quit useless for a couple reason's. For example I couldn't use it to pay my rent because my landlord doesn't have an account number. I couldn't buy a money order with it to pay my rent. I can't use it at a gas station to get to a Dr'a appt. It's very limited and frustrating. If your going to offer it, then make it more flexable to help people. It's not like I get a lot added to it anyway, but when I needed for something, it was useless.

N
12:40 pm EDT

Humana Pharmacy

I take eyelea injection when needed. I have not needed any since November. But Humana without my authorization has been sending them to my doctor. So now there are two very expensive injections in their refrigerator with my name on it. Injections I never authorized or gave permission to send. Result is I am in the donut hole because of Humana not following protocol. I cannot take my heart meds because I can’t afford new co pay. Humana customer service literally sucks. I made more than six calls. They are responsible to get me out of the donut hole and take the injection sent in March back. And send no more unless I say so. But they won’t. I am planning to talk to an attorney to sue for a hell of a lot more money for all the aggravation u have caused. And defyget out of the horrible customer service you have

Desired outcome: Take me out of the donut hole. Take back March injection my name Nancy [protected]@att.net9544618156

2:20 pm EST

Humana Prescriptions needed as husband has heart issues

My husband has acute heart failure & needs medications. I have tried to resolve issues with Humana and to date, been unsuccessful. I received a letter on 1/6/2023 that indicated the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services found Blue Cross & Blue Shield prescription coverage in effect. Humana asked for my response if information was inaccurate. On 1/12/2023, I contacted Humana at the designated number to refute the information. Humana provided me with a case number and told me that it would be resolved. However on 2/8/2023 I tried to fill medications and pharmacy said issues with drug coverage. On 2/8/2023, I called Humana to inquire about issues and found out that on 1/19/2023 Humana was notified by BCBS that my coverage was still in force. I set-up conference call with BCBS and Humana to rectify the issues. The agent with BCBS said my prescription coverage ceased on 5/31/2021. Humana transferred my conference call to several agents without rectifying the issues. The BCBS agent said she would provide a letter stating my coverage terminated on 5/31/21. During the course of being transferred by Humana, I explained that the 1095-B that is reported to IRS indicates NO COVERAGE OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS IN 2022. I also shared that Humana filled prescriptions on 1/5/2023 without any issues. I have tried to get this rectified as my husband needs these medications and they are quite expensive without the insurance coverage that is paid for with Humana. Humana has been unprofessional with handling the issue and it creates a frustrating situation to be transferred multiple times with NO ASSISTANCE!

Desired outcome: HUMANA IS PRIMARY INSURANCE CARRIER AND SHOULD PAY FOR ALL MEDICATIONS

C
12:31 am EST

Humana Centerwell pharmacy

My complaint is about Centerwell the pharmacy that Humana my Medicare insurance changed for the worse, I placed an order for otc on the 3rd, today is the 18th and the order has not arrived, I called the pharmacy 4 times, the 4 agents end up telling me that the order is already approved but the order does not appear and according to them they activate it, over and over again, another complaint is that they charged me 1.84 because according to them they are "taxes", I have an allowance of 75.00 for the month and never before have they charged me more than 75.00

J
3:53 pm EST

Humana my medication

I called and spoke to Humana Resources about my medication that I have to have that they do not cover and was told to get the Dr. to fill out formulary papers but couldn't be guaranteed it would be covered. I said what am I to supposed to do. I have major migraines and under Blue Cross Blue Shield I always was sent 54 tablets for $10.00. The frovatriptan that Humana has for 9 tablets is $90.00. I told them I only make $1250.00 with SS and she also said my Cytomel would be $88.00 and it was $5.00 for 180 with BCBS. Now you tell me what is wrong with Humana? I am so sorry I ever went with them. If I could get out of this I would. I have heard so many complaints on Humana. Now I know why the elderly die because they can't have their medication that they normally take.

S
4:32 pm EST

Humana Phone call from Humana

Received a phone call / voicemail from Eva at Humana at 10:45 while I was busy working. I returned her call at 13:10 to the number she left [protected]. The guy that answered stated there is no record of anyone calling me. I ask him to make a record of me returning Eva's call and he transfers me to their pharmacy. I tell the woman that answers I don't have any medication problems and I don't have a pharmacy plan. She no sooner says "you're right" and transfers me to another individual... Needless to say, Humana is just another unempathetic flawed bureaucracy.

Desired outcome: First an apology by someone in authority. Second, correct the process!

Update by Soona W
Feb 27, 2023 8:19 pm EST

Still waiting Humana. Customer no-service?

4:38 pm EST

Humana I'd like to see someone punished for scamming the elderly.

I have received a couple of bills, from Humana in which I have never had an account with. I believe this is a SCAM to steal $ from the elderly. Humana should be looked into these actions. Whom can I inform about this to investigate this. I am going to hold onto this Bill until Humana is fined or worse.
Stealing from the elderly should be punished Harshly.
Bill reads: Final notice $101.60 outstanding balance, and a few elderlies may just write a check, not giving it a second thought.

Read full review of Humana and 1 comment
View 0 more photos
1 comment
Ghost8531
Jun 10, 2023 11:48 pm EDT

Humana is notorious for stealing. Mexico is in litigation with them for racism/sexism also.

A
6:37 pm EST

Humana Incorrect products delivered

On or about 11/15/2022 I ordered One Touch Diabetic supplies online. On 11/19/2022 I received an email that they shipped (see attachments).
I called Humana Customer Service on 11/21/2022 to see about returning the wrong items in the shipment. The CS rep told me no.
Why does the Centerwell Pharmacy website have diabetic supplies listed for order that they will not sell?

Desired outcome: 1) Remove any and all items that are not available for ordering from the Centerwell web site or ship me the One Touch supplies. 2) I want to receive a call from a decision making member of management about this issue.

View 0 more photos

Humana In-depth Review

Overview: Humana is a leading health insurance company that operates in the healthcare industry. With a rich history and background, Humana has established itself as a trusted provider of insurance and healthcare services.

Products and Services: Humana offers a comprehensive range of products and services to meet the diverse needs of its customers. These include health insurance plans, wellness programs, preventive care services, and resources for managing health and wellness. Each product and service is designed to provide the necessary coverage and support for individuals and families.

Customer Experience: Humana's website is easy to navigate and user-friendly, allowing customers to find the information they need quickly and efficiently. The company provides multiple customer support channels, including phone, email, and chat, ensuring that customers can easily reach out for assistance. Humana's customer service team is known for its prompt response time and high-quality service. Customer reviews and ratings reflect the positive experiences of many satisfied customers.

Coverage and Network: Humana offers extensive geographical coverage, ensuring that its services are available to a wide range of individuals and families. The company has a vast network of healthcare providers and facilities, making it convenient for customers to access the care they need. Humana's services are easily accessible and provide the necessary convenience for its customers.

Health Insurance Plans: Humana provides a variety of health insurance plans to cater to different needs. These plans offer comprehensive coverage, including deductibles, copayments, and out-of-pocket expenses. In-network and out-of-network coverage information is readily available, allowing customers to make informed decisions. Humana also offers specialized plans or options for specific healthcare needs, ensuring that individuals can find the right plan for their unique circumstances.

Wellness Programs and Resources: Humana offers a range of wellness programs and resources to promote and support the health and well-being of its customers. These programs include preventive care services and screenings, as well as tools and resources for managing health and wellness. Integration with wearable devices or mobile apps allows customers to track their progress and stay motivated.

Financial Stability: Humana has a strong financial stability and is well-regarded by independent financial rating agencies. The company's solid financial standing provides customers with confidence in its ability to meet its obligations. Humana has also been involved in recent mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships, further strengthening its position in the industry.

Member Satisfaction: Humana consistently receives high member satisfaction ratings and positive feedback. Surveys and studies measuring member experience and satisfaction demonstrate the company's commitment to providing excellent service. Humana's complaint resolution process is transparent and efficient, ensuring that any issues or concerns are addressed promptly.

Additional Benefits and Features: In addition to its core offerings, Humana provides additional benefits and features to enhance the customer experience. These include prescription drug coverage and pharmacy services, as well as dental, vision, and other supplemental coverage options. Value-added services such as telemedicine or nurse hotlines further contribute to the overall value provided by Humana.

Privacy and Security: Humana prioritizes the privacy and security of its customers' personal and medical information. The company has robust measures in place to protect sensitive data and complies with industry regulations and standards. Customers can trust that their information is safe and secure with Humana.

Pros and Cons:

• Pros:
    • Comprehensive range of products and services
    • User-friendly website and easy navigation
    • Responsive and high-quality customer service
    • Extensive coverage and network of healthcare providers
    • Diverse health insurance plans to meet different needs
    • Wellness programs and resources for managing health and wellness
    • Strong financial stability and positive ratings
    • High member satisfaction and transparent complaint resolution process
    • Additional benefits and features for enhanced value
    • Commitment to privacy and security
  • Cons:
    • Pricing may be higher compared to some competitors
    • Availability of services may vary by location

Conclusion: Humana is a reputable health insurance company that offers a wide range of products and services to meet the diverse needs of its customers. With a user-friendly website, responsive customer service, and extensive coverage and network, Humana provides a positive customer experience. The company's commitment to wellness programs, financial stability, member satisfaction, and privacy and security further enhance its value. While pricing may be higher compared to some competitors and availability of services may vary, Humana remains a reliable choice for individuals and families seeking comprehensive health insurance and healthcare solutions.

Recommendation: For potential customers considering Humana's services, it is recommended to thoroughly review the available health insurance plans and compare them with competitors in terms of pricing, coverage, and customer experience. Additionally, assessing individual healthcare needs and preferences will help determine if Humana's specialized plans or options align with specific requirements. Overall, Humana's strong reputation, commitment to customer satisfaction, and comprehensive offerings make it a viable choice for those seeking reliable health insurance and wellness solutions.

How to file a complaint about Humana?

### How to File a Complaint with Humana on ComplaintsBoard.com

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you have a ComplaintsBoard.com account, log in. If not, create a new account.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website (top right corner).

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with Humana in the 'Complaint Title'.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Mention key areas: transactions with the company, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve, personal impact.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents (avoid sensitive data).

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use 'Claimed Loss' for financial losses and 'Desired Outcome' for resolution sought.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Ensure clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting.

8. Submission Process:
- Click 'Submit' to submit your complaint.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Check regularly for responses or updates on your complaint.

For more specific instructions, you can also visit [Humana's Medicare Grievance page](https://www.humana.com/member/exceptions-and-appeals/submit-medicare-grievance) for detailed information on filing grievances and appeals.

Remember to follow these steps carefully when filing a complaint about Humana on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Humana customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 486-2620 +1 (800) 448-6262 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Humana?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Humana Customer Service. Initial Humana complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Humana above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Humana. Discuss the issues you have had with Humana and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.