Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Logo

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Having problems with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield?

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 6, 2007. The latest review Claim Retraction of Previously Payment was posted on Jun 21, 2021. The latest complaint Changed primary provider was resolved on Dec 14, 2010. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 28 reviews. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has resolved 10 complaints.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer Service Contacts

120 Monument Circle
Indianapolis, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer Service. Initial Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Discuss the issues you have had with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Complaints & Reviews

Anthem Blue Cross Blue ShieldClaim Retraction of Previously Payment

I was treated for a bite from an opossum at the Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, PA 15601 on 9/27/2019. The claim was submitted by the hospital to Athem BC/BS and a payment was made by them. I was required to have 3 follow up visit for the rabies shot treatments on 9/30/2019, 10/04/2019 and 10/17/2019. The "Total Patient Responsibility" at the end of December 2019 was $2, 266.63. I paid off this debt in full on 9/21/2020.
I'm now being rebilled by Westmoreland Hospital for an additional $6, 929.46 on a statement dated 6/10/2021. I contacted the Westmoreland Hospital billing department today on 6/21/2021 and I was told that the insurance company has made a retraction of the payment made on the original claim. I have contacted Athem BC/BC and tried to get an explanation and have been unable to get a customer service representative to help find the reason. Let alone they aren't able to find the original claim even though I provided them with a claim number. The claim number that I'm providing them is listed on the "Athem BC/BS Explanation of Benefits Payment" date 10/18/2019 is Claim [protected]. I've asked them for the codes being denied or retracted and they are unable to give them to me.
After being on the phone with 5 different BC/BS representative I was asked to email to them the "Athem BC/BS Explanation of Benefits Payment" and my current address. I asked to speak to the last person's supervisor and after being on the phone with them for 2 1/2 hours I was disconnected.

The email address that I was given; [protected]@highmark.com,
My current address is 6145 Victory Dr., Ave Maria, FL 34142.
Cell phone # [protected]

Claim Retraction of Previously Payment

Anthem Blue Cross Blue ShieldDental Coverage

I had implants done and then my plan they said they cover up to two implants on graphic and anesthesia now the local union 804 Teamsters Eyeworks for United parcel service for over 16 years now I have this work done I don't expect them to pay the full amount but to pay something they told me that they're not paying me anything when I have 100% dental coverage now I'm gonna have to tell all the members how they're lying and I'm thinking of filing a lawsuit against Union and Blue Shield Blue Cross

Anthem Blue Cross Blue ShieldAnthem MediBlue Plus (HMO) Cheryl Romine VOK231M8237

I received my new card after enrolling again this year with Anthem (card
      photo attached). I have been a patient of Dr. Helen Riegle for a number of years. I saw her 12/29/20 and just received a bill from IU Health dated 3/11/2021, today in the mail 3/23/21. The amount owed is $112.00. I have been told by a representative that Anthem has assigned me a new doctor way up in Northern Indiana about 32 miles from me. (64 miles round trip). She said that my doctor was taken out of our plan last year in September.
      I now have 2 problems.
      1. I went to my doctor when she according to Anthem was in my plan but am now oweing $112.00 to IU Health (which by the way is where my husband goes for his doctor's visits.)
      2. According to Anthem, I have been reassigned a doctor. And a few weeks ago sent a new ID card with a D. Miller as my PCP, whom I have no intentions of driving an 1 12 hrs round trip to see.
      Something needs to be done about both of these issues.

Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO) Cheryl Romine VOK231M8237
      Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO) Cheryl Romine VOK231M8237

Anthem Blue Cross Blue ShieldBenefit representatives

I have been working with most insurance companies regarding patient benefits and what requires prior authorization. Far too often, a rep will bring me on, ask all needed verification questions, put me on hold for 20 min, then come back on the phone and verify the same questions to repeat the process until over an hour goes by... Not even satisfying my reason for calling in the first place. If I do receive any information, it's different from department to department, depends on who you are speaking too. No one is ever 100% sure what is going on with insurance plans or guidelines.

I feel they do this on purpose to make people give up on anything with them. It's not just anthem, it's almost all insurance companies. It's so sad. It's too bad there are too many incompetent people that represent this company. They deter you to make you give up, and that is why half the claims will not be paid from insurance companies.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue ShieldMy complaint is with Behavioral Health Department .

The department has denied an out of network residential facility, Beachside Teen Treatment Center in Malibu. I have been denied several in network residential programs in the past month. Those programs have not accepted her into their programs, such as ;ROWI, Destinations for Teens, Evolve, and Newport Academy.My teenage daughter is in crisis since November 11, 2020 and has been in three hospitalizations, residential program, and PHP. Since her discharge from Canyon Ridge Hospital on January 29, 2021, my daughter has been without medication and treatment. I have not been able to get the help I need to provide the urgent care my daughter is in need of.

Sincerly,

Fatima Grayson
          [protected]@yahoo.com

Anthem Blue Cross of CAWrongful claim denials for no auth for xdl plans

Anthem has been wrongfully denying multiple patient claims for XDL plans stating prior auth through AIM is required, when no auth is required for California non-medicare plans. We have called customer service and they tell us to appeal. We have reached out to provider relations and no response to email. We just want them to fix the erroneous denial internally so our claims can be processed without having to call customer service each time.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shieldextremely poor process for medication authorizations

Patient needed prior authorization for medication. Process is so poor and inefficient that different medication needed to be sent in for patient . The process is so long that I had to hang up and see other patients. It would be much more efficient to speak to a human being. The date is 2-9-2021. 1340 hours. Directed to multiple numbers and departments with no resolution.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shieldblue cross blue shield / ventra 30 day suspension

My Ventra card has been suspended before time in the negative of $7.25 due to possible double tapping due to the card not tapping the first time around
                Also I need to no if I will receive a new card every month or will it be reloaded on the same card every month
                This Ventra card I have now is a 30 day an doesn't expire till 08/38
                My Ventra card # is
                & my cvv# is
                I need this to be addressed an fixed so I will be able to get back an forth to my program an other meetings an appointment's please
                You can contact me @
                Willie Harris

Feb 04, 2020

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield — healthcare in indiana, usa

I have been in Indiana for exactly 1 yr today. I had an injury and needed the assistance of my children...

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shieldanthem blue shield blue cross healthy indiana

Customer service always points the finger to fssa (county office and vice versa). I have plenty of outstanding medicals because of this which falls on my credit and me with plenty of medical bills I have to pay back.. The medical insurance representive do not know there job! Why should I be responbility for services I didnt know the insurances wasnt gona pay. If the doctors charge something and insurances doesnt pay the patient should know right away not when they get a bill in the mail. The insurances only takes information straight from the fssa which fssa made a mistake and now I have to wait for changes to update. The contracts between doctors and health insurances is never up to date there goes more medical bills for me. Which I have accumalate medical bills that could of been prevented. Customer service always rush you off the phone, never has answers to my questions, never fix a problem, and everytime I call medical insurance I am always on the phone getting transfer all over every dept., or system is down and what do you know its been 2hrs on the phone with healthy indiana and nothing got solved!! Customer service are not compassionate, or educated on there job duties. Please contact me directly for further inforamation or questions I have plenty of doctors bills. And conitnue to get stress out when I have to call medical insurance
                  Sarah
                  [protected]@yahoo.com [protected].

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shieldcustomer service

Called today Sept 27 for our patients. S/w Herlyn (I am not sure if this is her name and from Phils). I told her the automated or IVR was able to pull up the patient before I was transferred to her. She said there is no dental coverage found. Yur representatives have poor manners and dont have sympathy on callers. Not only this agent. Everytime I call Anthem its dreading and I dont like calling your customer service hotline. They cant even tell me why the automated was able to get the member's family plan. Pt. Reynoso, Ivan.

Anthem Blue Crosscustomer services

Its been 4-5 months calling to Anthem CA on [protected],

They took maximum time to provide claim status, and also don't bother about provider concern

No Enthusiasm on call always took 15-20 mins hold to each DOS

sometime get anger on call and start asking unwanted questioned, to irritate the caller

Executive don't bother to took a step and resolve the issue .

Sometime they disconnect our call if we asked to help with some other issue

Anthem Blue Cross — Horrible Supervisor Abuse of a Client

Reason unknown first premium wasn't paid, Anthem CS refused to renew healthcare. I, my mother and Covered...

Anthem Blue Cross Health Insurance — taking my payments- cancel when sick

I'm constantly being ignored by the Insurance Commission regarding the complaints I had againt Anthem...

Anthem Blue CrossDeceptive Trade Practices and Fraud

Deceptive Trade Practices and Fraud: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Los Angeles, CA

Earlier in the year I saw 2 doctors that pre-certified my insurnace overage. 2 months ago I recieved EOB's stating they would not pay based on the information they had re: other coverage. 1 month ago I received a survey re other coverage that I used to state there is none and mailed back at my expense. This week I received a EOB stating that they are denying payment for failure to provide requested information on other coverage, and that I would have to appeal for further consideration under ERISA have and still collect my premiums.

• Lo
                            loopie Jul 08, 2009

anthem blue cross is trash they need to be beatin so they can pay their own medical bills god knows they dont pay any one elses bills

Anthem Blue Cross PPO — Changed primary provider

My husband has had a policy with Anthem Blue Cross for a PPO since 1997 which covers me and our children. In...

Anthem Blue ShieldLies about maternity policy

I lost my job because I was 5 months pregnant and the company had to make cut backs. When my state continuation ran out through Anthem. I went to by an individual package from Anthem so that I was sure I'd have the same policy. I was told the maternity addition wouldn't start for 3 months. Even talked about the fact that it should be okay cause you don't really go to the doctor for 2 months so I'd only have a month to worry about. Three days after I paid the premium and 5 days before my policy was to start, I found out it doesn't start of 9 months. Now no one will call me back and I just want to cancel the "maturnity" portion of the policy. Guess thats like admitting guilt huh?

Anthem Blue Cross — Insurance cancelled

I was an RN for Anthem for 2.5 years. Prior to being layed off 12/31 I was told that my spouse would be on...

Anthem Blue Cross Richmond VirginiaNot paying for mediocine

Never ever buy insurance from these people. They have put me thru it over a drug prescribed by my doctor. If the medicine is over $100.00 they make you try not one but two different medicines and still would not pay for it. I ended up paying for my medicine out of my pocket in desperation after trying for weeks for them to pay for it.
                            We pay almost $10, 000 per year in premiums. No one in management takes phone calls. They are too busy spending the millions they make for doing nothing. They should be run out of business for defrauding people.

Anthem Blue Cross - Kentucky — Age Discrimination and Retaliation

I spent 28 dedicated years of my life as a Blue Cross employee in Kentucky. When Wellpoint (California'...