Having problems with HSBC Holdings?

+44 122 626 1010 (Non HSBC Bank customers)
+44 122 626 0260 (Premier Banking Customers)
+44 122 626 0878 (Business Banking Customers)
+44 345 712 5563 (Textphone)
PO Box 6125,
Coventry, England, West Midlands
United Kingdom - CV39GW

Complaints & Reviews

lottery fraud

Hsbc bank london - yahoo! mail india hsbc bank londonthursday, 2 october, 2008 4:01 am from: "mrspaula...

Resolved rip off

The very worst costumer service its been a year and i still cant find my title from this agency thumbs down for sure. every time i call i get someone who barely understands english and thats after the gauntlet of automated crap i have to sit through. Hsbc definately the worst company out there period. If i had the knowledge i have now i would have never ever accepted the loan these people rob you blind w/out you even knowing it. Hsbc lets u own something.. for a time. After the interest rate hits you are destroyed. The funny thing is, this company will mail u all these offers and bonuses that are VOID with the company itself, and to top that all the mail is just trash to remind you that you owe the the next coming bill. Garbage imo.

• Valerie Aug 30, 2008

I received a phone call from a company representing HSBC / Orchard Bank stating I was late with payment and I had a past due balance of $736.00. I replied I had made a payment for this month and told them the amount and date I made the online payment. My Balance was $66.02 and I didn't have a payment due for 23 days.

I was immediately transferred to a manager and she said Orchard Bank is demanding full payment now. I hung up on her. I contacted HSBC / Orchard Bank via phone and email - they did not seemed concerned in the story which makes me think they were part of this scam.

NEVER give out any information on the phone.

• Cl
    cl Nov 21, 2008

I owed 6$ to HSBC on my credit card, made an online payment of the full balance. A month later I found out that the paid amount was 5$ and 1$ was hanging that turned into an overdue balance. Then I was charged 15$ for the late one dollar past due and my total credit amount reduced by 3200$. I am very displeased with this darn company.

angrymom1966 Jul 10, 2009

Horrible company, keep looking cuz almost any run of the mill credit card company is better than these theives.

Resolved overcharged

I was almost done paying of my credit card... I had always mailed my payment the same time for years... but once the balance was almost paid off my payments began to start posting late... and they wouldn't credit them... only half of one... i kept mailing it earlier... and earlier... but for a few months the same thing happened... until i had to start mailing my payments two weeks ahead of time... it was only being mailed to the city of industry... which is only about 20 minutes from where i live... this is so obvious... they need to be stopped... they made and extra $90 or so off of me before i left them... they are so crooked and they know what they are doing.

• Di
    Diana Jan 15, 2009

I am a victim of identity theft closed my acct 3/2008 my limit was $300. I requested all documentation including charges, where they were made and my signature three times they sent me garbage showing I owe $497. then another $600 now another $803.00 they still have not sent me anything showing my signature or where charges were made. They are known for ripping people off, I wander how they get away with this? Orchard is also known as HSBC.

• Po
    Polly Feb 23, 2009

As I do from time to time, I checked the position of my HSBC - Mastercard to ensure everything was up to date and in good standing as I have kept it since opening this account. I came to find out that my credit limit was slashed by nearly $3400! No justification was given but for that it was a business decision by HSBC after a review of their customer base and accounts. I am not unsophisticated nor naive to think this could not have happened to me, since I have heard warnings from various news sources that this could happen at any moment, to anyone. But even to someone who consistently keeps his account up to date, paying the account in full every month?

HSBC, through the economic turmoil that is enveloping the U.S., if not the world, has seen its market capitalization decrease significantly since 2007 when it was nearly on par with Citigroup. However, it still remains one of the largest, if not the largest, banks in the world! So, in addition to my question above, if HSBC is doing this, are the others not far behind? In fact, the only surprise to me in all of this really is that others have not done similar already.

But this cannot be the way. The consumer has made some mistakes I am sure, as have the banks. But the banks cannot get the bailouts on some contrived notion that without them, this economy fails while the consumer not only receives no bail out at all but is increasingly burdened with a lack of credit. With the banks, the economy failed and now as we the people are trying help them, they are failing the very consumer that got them where they were and are helping them get out of where they are.

If this is a business decision, then it should be the people's decision to let them fail, go bankrupt and disappear. If they will not lend nor provide credit, what do we need them for? Sympathy they will not give.

• Em
    Emma Mar 19, 2009

I had gotten this card one month prior to my wedding in 2007, so I've had it about 2 years now. I just seen a few short weeks ago that my credit limit was reduced on this card from $7000 to $3600 and without notice! Aren't they required by federal law to notify the customer of impending changes to a credit limit/interest BEFORE they actually do it? This is an outrage! This all began about two statements ago I noticed that HSBC reduced my cash advance limit from $3500 to $1300, first. I wondered why that was? Then the last statement I received I saw the credit limit reduction and my mouth just dropped. This puts me about $400 shy of maxing out my credit card! I am so angered by this because I've worked very hard to get my FICO score just in the high 600's. (I used to have bad credit, so this is a BIG deal for me). Now it's messed up again. My husband and I can forget about refinancing our house for while because of these idiots. Once this card is paid off, I will NEVER do business with HSBC ever again- if they are even in business a year from now.

• Iz
    Izzle Apr 22, 2009

Man all you people are so dumb don't you relize everyones credit limits are being vut...look around they are just covering there a$$..yeah it sucks but they felt you were a risk of defaulting and they did not want you to max out before you decided not to pay

• Ru
    Rutt Sep 12, 2009

I filed my taxes this year and when I requested a RAL I was denied by this bank because my husband owed a fee to them way back in 2004. Come to find out this fee was charged off in 2005. If a fee was assessed, he was never notified. When I spoke to the representative on the phone she told me the notice was sent to an address I had never lived at, and my husband had never lived at. Then I found out that this fee ($49) was included in a bankruptcy also. Long story short, the bank just flat out denied our RAL for no apparent LEGITIMATE reason. The rep told us we should get our check (sent to the tax preparer) in one week. We'll see!! Sounds to me like they just flat out deny everyone for any reason, even if they have to pull one out of their @*#, and then they charge you for it.

• Co
    couldn't believe Dec 28, 2011

I also have sent my moms Payments and have been told they cannot apply the payment - We started to do the payments online and that is when H--- broke loose, payments were not posting they were sending money back - we were overcharged a hugh amount for non payment. Very Very odd. So we have gone back to re-sending this in the mail.

account closed

To
The manager, debt management, consumer credit risk
The hongkong and shanghai banking corporation limited
Card products division,
fort branch, mumbai - 400001

Dear sir,

Reg : my credit card no – [protected]

I have received a letter from you dated 1st july2008 threatening me of sending the credit history of my credit card.

While censoring you of not sending this type of letter in future, I write to inform you that the amount mentioned by you in your letter has not arisen out of my purchase and non - payment but for the debits of the annual renewal fees charged by you. please note that at the time of offering the card your marketing team had given me to understand that the card given to me was life time free of charges. however, to my surprise I received a statement from your bank wherein you had charged annual renewal fees. as I have three other platinum cards from three other leading banks of the world I was not interested in continuing your card by paying annual fees. immediately I had communicated my decision to your executives on your phone number [protected] who assured me of doing the needful. during that time I had asked him to incorporate my new address for future communication and that was done by him. please note that my act of communicating new address proves my good intention and this was done after your charging of the annual renewal fees. please also note that I have not used your card after this. from june2008 I am not used your card but I pay amount those have purchase I have details from begining so please close all dues and clear my accounts if your reply is not coming I am consider all my dues is clear. dont send any letter to me.

During the last eight months, in spite of my communicating to your executives about my decision of not continuing the card because of the reason mentioned above, I am continuously getting telephone calls and reminders from your office. please note that this is disturbing and breaking my peace of mind particularly when I didn’t want to continue your card and have not sent any request to renew the same. my conversations with your executives may be available from your voice recorder. please note because of your continuous harassment over phone and sending of insulting letters, I can take you to consumer forum and also inform rbi. about the credit history mentioned by you please note that my exceptional credit history can be established from the other three cards possessed by me for the last ten years where there is not a single day default.

Please note that if I don’t get an apology letter from your bank along with a fresh statement after reversing of your wrong charges within next 10 days, for the above action of you and your team, I will be constrained to take up the matter to consumer forum marking a copy to one of the leading news paper of our country.

Sincerely,
Pawar vishwas (cell no:[protected])

fraud

In july of 2007 I purchased a vehicle (2003 mercury sable) from a dealership in myrtle beach, sc. I financed my vehicle with hsbc auto finance located out of san diego california.in november of 2007 I recieved a phone call from a woman by the name of carmen from hsbc auto dealer relations dept who informed me that the dealership that I purchased this car from was under investigation for fraud and that it was a possibility that my car was involved. I was told that the state of south carolina dmv along with south carolina state law enforcement division seized the remaining vehicles and closed the dealership down. I was informed by ms carmen in early 2008 that their is an issue with my vehicle's title. hsbc auto finance never recieved a title from the dealership. to my understanding I thought that a bank or finance company is responsible for getting a title from a dealership once the dealership has recieved the funds. I was informed that the title is in the state of florida still under the name of the previous owner. hsbc contacted the florida dept of motor vehicles, the only response I got from hsbc is that they were still waiting to hear from florida. everytime I called hsbc to get an update either I was passed around, I left messages no one would call me back. I even faxed a letter to them trying to get an update on the investigation about the title and the possible fraud issue.

It gets better. my vehicle was stolen in august 2008 I contacted my insurance company and told them that hsbc is the bank in which my car is financed thru. I told them that hsbc doesnt have the title and that the title is somewhere in florida my insurance company informed me that in order for them to process my claim they need a title. I contacted hsbc and spoke with some woman who told me that hsbc doesnt give titles they issue a lien release notice and once I recieve that I am to take that notice to my local dmv and file for a title. I told her no ma'am it doesnt work that way!
I am very pissed off that I have been paying on a vehicle since 2007 that was never mine. hsbc continued to recieve my monthly payments knowing that they did not have any collateral, they had nothing to give if I was to pay off my car. this is fraud!

It gets even better. now that my car is a loss, they have no title, hsbc auto finance wants me to track down the last owner of the vehicle which lives in florida. they want me to see if person would get a duplicate title and sign it over to me and I am to give that title to hsbc.
My thoughts on that is... they got to be smoking crack at hsbc.
It is not my job to do their job. I am the consumer and the victim banks and insurance companies hire investigators to do this.
Hsbc also told me that I needed to continue to make my monthly payments until the claim was satisfied thru my insurance company. my question is what am I making payments on? what have I been making payments on? again they got to be smoking crack at hsbc.

I refuse to make another payment to hsbc. I dare hsbc to call me telling me I need to make a payment. and I dare them to put it on my credit report.
Hsbc took my money every month for a year knowing that they had nothing to give me in return.
My monthly payments from july 07 to august 08 totaled $3100. I want my money back and I want it now!

• Fr
    FRANCHESKA WOODS Nov 01, 2008

I would like to here more about HSBC .They have lost alot of checks that I had MAIL TO there p.o and they have no ###ing cule were they are and keep calling me everyday when I have sent the checks by certif Mail . And they told me I could use there bracnh of to make a payment that the want $15.00 THEY CHARGE .

quick trigger to tarnish credit

I was late for a month in payment to HSBC/COSTCO credit card because of not receiving the email notification...

workout plan will not work for you

Hsbc auto finance is shady and underhanded. they will say one thing and then when you call to ensure that...

personal loan

Since from last two months I'm asking to HSBC Bank to close my personal Loan which one I'm having with Your Bank. They r harassing for monthly installment, when I'm asking them i want to close my personal Loan. I'm requesting them to send the latter for close the my personal loan. But they informing by phone that i have 1, 15000 balance amount.Still date i have not received the closing letter for my personal loan.

Everymonth they r giving trouble to wife by calling for Monthly installment. I'm not in india, I'm in norway and wife is following the bank transaction. So can you please confirm this complaint, so i expect some result from This.

Resolved fraud and scam

Hsbc auto finance is a horrible business. please whatever you do don't use them! I hate not being able to...

Resolved faulty atm and refusal to credit back undisbursed cash

I have my account with hsbc singapore and am given an atm card for cash withdrawal. while travelling in india, I visited one of the atms of hsbc to withdraw cash. while my request for cash withdrawal was being processed by the atm, there was total power failure and the atm stopped working. subseequently my atm card was retained by the bank and no cash or receipt was disbursed by the atm. a complaint was registered with hsbc india and a reference number was given to me. I was asked to collect my atm card from hsbc branch in mylapore on the next day. accordingly I collected my card. however I noticed from hsbc singapore statement that the undisbursed amount of rs 20, 000/- was debited to my account. upon taking up the matter with hsbc india, I was informed that the undisbursed amount has already been credited back to hsbc singapore account and that I should follow up with hsbc singapore to claim credit. shockingly, hsbc singapore informed me that they investigated the issue and found no excess cash in the atm and that no credit could be given to me.
This is a clear case of cheating. just because no excess cash was found in the atm, is it a proof that I collected the cash? when hsbc has ample evidence to prove that the atm card was retained by the bank, how can it claim that the cash was disbursed. the sequence of operation in the atm is 1) receipt 2) ejection of atm card 3) disbursement of cash. when the card was retained by the atm, how was it possible for me to collect the cash?. I am totally disappointed with the manner hsbc singapore chose to handle this serious matter and grateful if someone can advise me how to take legal action against hsbc singapore. I am based in dubai.

• Su
    sukuji Aug 22, 2008

I have my account with HSBC Singapore and am given an ATM card for cash withdrawal. While travelling in India, I visited one of the ATMs of HSBC to withdraw cash. While my request for cash withdrawal was being processed by the ATM, there was total power failure and the ATM stopped working. Subseequently my ATM card was retained by the bank and no cash or receipt was disbursed by the ATM. A complaint was registered with HSBC India and a reference number was given to me. I was asked to collect my ATM card from HSBC Branch in Mylapore on the next day. Accordingly I collected my card. However I noticed from HSBC Singapore statement that the undisbursed amount of Rs 20, 000/- was debited to my account. Upon taking up the matter with HSBC India, I was informed that the undisbursed amount has already been credited back to HSBC Singapore account and that I should follow up with HSBC Singapore to claim credit. Shockingly, HSBC Singapore informed me that they investigated the issue and found no excess cash in the ATM and that no credit could be given to me.
    This is a clear case of cheating. Just because no excess cash was found in the ATM, is it a proof that I collected the cash ? When HSBC has ample evidence to prove that the ATM card was retained by the bank, how can it claim that the cash was disbursed. The sequence of operation in the ATM is 1) Receipt 2) Ejection of ATM card 3) Disbursement of Cash. When the card was retained by the ATM, how was it possible for me to collect the cash ?. I am totally disappointed with the manner HSBC Singapore chose to handle this serious matter and grateful if someone can advise me how to take legal action against HSBC Singapore. I am based in Dubai.

unauthorized billing

I closed my account, paid in full back in March/April of 2008. I recently received a credit alert, which i...

credit card extra charges

I was a credit card holder. my credit card no. [protected]. i was facing the problem of statements not receving. due to this, i could not make my some of my payments on time. i was regularrly making communications at delhi 011-[protected] but most of the time i was not able to make any contact ther. i also infromed them about this statements problem. i had got message about my outstanding amounts which was very high due to more extra charges (finance chares, late payment charges, services taxes etc.) then i write a mail to hsbc customer care manager ([protected]@hsbc.com). then i recieved a mail ffrom the same ([protected]@hsbc.com) regarding reversal of all the charegs. while i had paid my all the usage amount. but till today i am getting phones from hsbc regarding the payments. as per there message the amount is around 35, 000/-. it is all due to extra charges only. there is no outstanding aamount my side. as per my calculattion, i have already paid around 3, 000/- more.

Kindly resolve this problem and send me a mail at [protected]@yahoo.com send me bank noc letter. while i had also recd an e-mail on 03rd nov. 2006 related to all the extra charges in which it was told that all charges have been revered.

The concerned officer is deeply kindly requested to look into the matter seriously.

I will be very-2 thankful to you.

Your sincerely,

Ashok

• Vi
    Vijay kumar shrimali Jun 14, 2012

Respected Sir,
    my credi card No.4476929993859252 (Vijay Kumar Shrimali, Gandhinmagar (gujarat) my credit card account settlement with your bank and dues payment Rs. 9999.55 cleared vide your settlement Letter No. RSCPDWOFFAHDCCRH P WOFF1804201190 Dated 18 Apr 2011. But my name show in CIBIL, So i request you take needful action against said credit card and my name cancelled from CIBIL.
    thanking you,

• Ra
    rahilsyed Dec 11, 2012

If there is any issue with your CIBIL report like clearance or updation or SETTLEMENTS if the CIBIL score is less than 750 we will improve where there would not be any problem in future to apply, any Loans, & Credit cards or if you getting any harassment calls please do call me or leave a MSG Syed 8095355329

identity protection rip-off

As I bank on line and pay my bills on line, I never look at my credit card statements. Because I know what I buy and I know what my balance is. Recently, I wanted to cancel my Account protection payments. I discovered, along with this monthly fee, I was being billed $9.99 for Identity Theft Protection. I was getting called sometimes 4 times per day and offered this service. I always declined it. When I call the company to complain and cancel the charge, the person I was talking to, kept trying to sell me the product. Finally I demanded to see a signed order form or a voice recording for ordering the product. They pass the buck to HSBC. When I called them and demanded proof, I got the run around and when I demanded to have a voice recording of my ordering th product, they said that they did not have it. When I asked what proof they had of me ordering the Identity Theft protection, I was told that they called me and asked me a personal question, what city I was born in, which is in their data base as one of my secret security questions, and that was the only proof they had.

Total rip-off. They need to be sued!

unwilling to discuss refinance

We bought our home 3 years ago thru Amertrust before the ink had dried they sold the note to HSBC we had a 2 year arm my wife had a job making 30000 a year I'm on SS dis. They had a restructure at my wifes job and they wanted her to take a 40% paycut. She left that job because it was unfair. the way they did her. I make 1100.00 a month and she earns around 1000.00 at home. At the end of 2 years we asked HSBC to give us an extension on our arm which they did . We have never been late on a payment for 36 months. We asked for another ext. and tried to get them to work with us to refinance. I can't use the words that I would like to describe how we feel about them but we are going to be forced to let them foreclose.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jul 29, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService. Or send an e-mail with a number to reach you and a good time to call...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• De
    dean Aug 12, 2008

I hope you fell grateful. They extended a lower rate for a year. If you are not able to organize your financies during that periord you can not afford the home you live in. You either need to sell it or if not HSBC or bondholders will be forced to foreclose on the loan and probably take a significant loss. I applaud HSBC for the effort they made to help you. Just rember there is someone who worked extremely hard to save the money loaned to you and is taking a loss because of your inability to manage you financies. They are the losers in the situiation. You are someone who lived in a home you could not afford for a short time and did not pay the real costs of living there.

repossession after servicemember deployed

We have two auto loans with HSBC. After my husband deployed for the middleeast HSBC reposses both car thi...

need confirmation about recieved mail in my in box

from: "states bank of india" <[protected]@onlinesbi.com> add to address book
subject: information needed for further crediting of 8, 644, 536.75 inr
date: sat, 19 jul 2008 11:22:28 -0700
to:
about onlinesbi | registration forms | net banking branches

payment authorization

dear customer,

we are about to accept the transfer of 600, 000.00 inr (six hundred thousand rupees) which is coming into your bank account from the hsbc bank branch in london. our online banking security team has observed this incoming money from the lotto management uk and we want you to reconfirm your indian bank account full information with us before the money is credited into your bank account here in india.

we have decided to put an extra verification process to ensure your identity and your internet banking account security. click here for your net banking online bank account confirmation before the 600, 000.00 inr is credited into your bank account.

security advisory,
states bank of india online banking

*important*
please update your records on or before 48 hours, a failure to update
your records will result in a temporal hold on your funds - it's one
more way that sbi makes your online banking experience better.
© 2008 all rights reserved

never use hsbc

I have an HSBC credit card through Best Buy. I had put maybe $1, 700 on the card. I got married and moved to a different state. I changed mt address with the post office and with HSBC. And I stopped getting a statement in the mail from HSBC. I didn't sweat it, cause I pay the bill on-line anyway. So every month I send my min payment of $50. Usually the min payment was always around $47-$48. And I always checked on-line on my HSBC account to make sure I was making the right payment. Then about 6 months ago when I went to log in to my account on-line for HSBC it said I could not access my account because it was being reevaluated. What that meant I had no idea. So I just kept making my $50 payments every month. All the sudden last month I start getting collection calls telling me I'm over-due on my payments. No way. I'm never late and never miss a payment. After about an hour on the phone fighting with someone who didn't really speak english I was told that about 5 months earlier my bill was $51 and I had made a payment of $50. How was I supposed to know this??? I wasn't getting a statement (something I had called and asked about many times) and I was locked out of my on-line account. So I had been accumulating late fees every month for 5 months because I had missed a bill by $1. No one had contacted me to tell me "hey you missed your bill by $1 would you like to take care of that before you get late fees?" That would have been nice. But no, I guess what they did is after 3 months of late fees they send a notice in the mail! Seeing as though I can't get my statement in the mail from them a lot of good it was to send me a notice in the mail. I obviously never got it. So here I am now getting collection calls every hour Monday through Sunday, wanting me to pay my $209 in late fees. This is insane! There seems to be nothing I can do.

So, just a warning to others never to use HSBC. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with.

• Fl
    fluxx Mar 03, 2010

First of all, even if you dont get a statement, you still have a bill. You can contact HSBC (at the number on the back of your card) and go through internet support to unlock your account (which by the way auto unlocks after 20 minutes). You can call to change your address, and then your statements go out to the correct address. No one is going to personally call you when your bill is late, and guess why? It's your responsiblity to be aware of the minimum payment, and make it! Do you realize how many MILLIONS of customers have accounts at HSBC? You think it's their responsibility to personally call you before you get late fees? Read your cardmember agreement and you'll see the fees explained in black and white. Not trying to be mean here, but really---accept responsiblity.

Resolved bank is sending someone's statement to me despite repeatedly requesting the bank not to send it to me.

No I'm not receiving scam/spam mails. This is a real statement from HSBC bank except that it is not mine. I have no accounts/cards or any relationship with this bank.

I have got tired of writing to the bank every month (more than a year now) not to send me the statements and I found this site and writing here hoping that this bank takes its customers data confidentiality seriously and does something about it. People...Chances are that your statement may be going to someone else if you are a HSBC bank customer in India...

The mail looks like this -

=====================================================
[protected]@hsbc.co.in
to [protected]@removed

dateSat, Jul 19, 2008 at 3:52 AM
subjectYour HSBC Credit Card statement

Dear HSBC credit cardholder

We are happy to offer you the facility of receiving Credit Card Statement on E-mail. It comes to you in an easy to view and store PDF format!

Now, you can access your statement on your computer from anywhere in the world. This is something you cannot do with your printed statements.

Password protection
Your statement on E-mail is secured by a unique password assigned to you for increased safety and personal access.

Your password will be a unique combination of the last 4 digits of the Primary card number followed by the first 4 letters of your name as it appears on your credit card followed by your date and month of birth (in DDMM format).

For example:
Eg 1: If the credit card number for Sumit Sharma is [protected] and his birth date is 01 January 1970, the password will be '4200sumi0101'.

Eg2: If the card number for S S Sharma is [protected] and his birth date is 22 January 1973, the password would be 4201sssh2201 [the spaces would not be considered]

Eg3:If the card number for Ram is [protected] and his birth date is 15February1972, the password would be 4202Ram15029 [in case of name sizes of less than 4 letters, the digit 9 is (are) appended to the end of the password constructed to complete 12 digits of the password]

To open this secure encrypted file, all you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or above. If you do not have these versions, please click this link www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download the free version.

Please note that you would not able to open this file with any version lower than Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0

Important Information:

Please click here to know terms and conditions applicable to statement on email

For information on charges applicable on your HSBC Credit Card and other important details, please open this attachment.

You will not be able to 'Reply' to this email. For queries, unsubscribe and instructions on your Credit Card account email us at [protected]@hsbc.co.in

"This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person"

2 attachments — Download all attachments
[protected].pdf
180K View as HTML Download
Most Important Terms and Conditions.pdf
43K View as HTML Download
=====================================================

sans Feb 07, 2009

I am also getting such emails, seems something seriously wrong. here is text
    Dear HSBC credit cardholder

Password protection

Your password will be a unique combination of the last 4 digits

• Ro
    Rob May 11, 2009

Hey Folks,

Have received the same mail today at Bangalore 11/05/09 (May-09).
    Not sure if this is a legit mail or a fraud.

Somebody's statement or waiting for you to key in your details.

Folks beware if you receive any mail from any bank. Please check the net first before opening the mail. just copy paste the entire message and you should know the scam as I did for this one.

Any legal folks can you help as to what may be required to file a case against the bank. How should we go about it.

thanks
    Rob

possible age discrimination

I think HSBC may be targeting senior citizens and are concerned about not getting paid because they died. He...

credit sabatoge

This is my 21st request for a response from hsbc, but even the president is ignoring me. see letter below.

Written response requested

Vaughn millard williams
1420 west 87th street
Los angeles, ca 90047
July 9, 2008

Hsbc mortgage services
Mr. randall l. raup – president
636 grand regency boulevard
Brandon, fl [protected]...

Re: account number [protected] – 30 day late mark - april 2008, - courtesy request removal:

Dear hsbc mortgage president (customer service),

First and foremost I would like to express my thanks to your company for underwriting and carrying my equity line of credit for property address 1420 west 87th street los angeles, ca 90047. while I am thankful to your company for serving as the financial agent on this account, I must state that it’s not been the easiest journey. between irate customer service representatives, and the challenges faced with your online payment system, my life has been made a living hell on this account.

It seems as though whenever I make a payment through your online system, I get assessed a fee for nsf, yet there is never a check presented to my account for payment from the online system. (I am requesting that all those fees be reversed). you make the implication that the account from which I made the payment from didn’t exist or something, yet each time I mail a payment from the same account number there is never a problem cashing my checks. I am convinced that there is something wrong with your system regardless of what you may imply. you guys state that you have the best interest of the customer in mind, but you continue to screw me each and every time. case in point, I have requesting a rate modification for the last 3 months, i’ve sent the requested documents over 13 times, and even obtained an appraisal, yet you still will not respond. i’ve returned all phone calls from ext. 43431, but the phone just rings and rings, there is never an answer. I personally think that this is yet another attack against the low-income african american male living in the inner-city. your company preys upon people like me with the hopes of them loosing their home. you place these erroneous 30 day late marks on the credit report so that there is no way for us to refinance into a stable loan. this is a form of predatory lending, and it must stop.

Please let the records show that when I mail a check using the same check and payment information, it goes through without a hitch. I must state that I am appalled as each time this happens, I am faced with either a late fee, a nsf charge (wrongfully assessed), or I get hit with a 30 day late on my credit report as is the case with april 2008. I called to make the payment by phone and was connected to someone with a major language barrier. having reached my highest point of frustration with the language barrier, I discontinued the call and went online to make the payment. after making the payment online, I received a call from your company stating that my check was sent back nsf, but when I contracted my financial institution, they had no record of a check being sent back and they had not assessed my account as such. I went ahead and mailed the same payment that I did online and it went through without any problems. this poses a concern to me, especially since these problems didn’t start until the mortgage crisis here in southern california. I am not willing to loose my home or my credit because of the inconsistencies of others. your company continues to indicate that my check was returned unpaid, but you guys never presented anything to my credit union for payment. what’s the logic behind that? are you purposely trying to destroy me?

Today I appeal to your professional expertise to resolve the following issues:

1. language barriers with customer service repetitive, they key in the wrong information, and the customer is assessed all these excessive fees.

2. online payment system - please checks the configuration to ensure that it’s properly picking up the characters that are being entered by the customer. when they pick up a wrong key, it causes the customer to suffer and be assessed a late fee.
3. 30 –day late. please act in professional courtesy and remove the 30 day late from april 2008. additionally, please offer me an alternative payment method as I cannot refinance my home and risk foreclosure as my 1st mortgage has increased to 12%. with a 30 day late, the mortgage company will not refinance which results in a total loss.
4. finally, I would like information on how to lower the rate on this account as well as notification as to when my payments post. this will help as the last few payments that I have mailed have not been posted to my checking account. such is the case of the payment of $630.00 that I mailed on may 1, 2008. this payment has yet to post to my account.
Thanks in advance for hearing my reasonable request and I look forward to speaking with you direct as their has to be a better way to resolve these issues.

Regards,

Mr. vaughn millard williams
Borrower

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jul 23, 2008

• Sb
    sbullard Jan 13, 2010

We refinanced our home with Beneficial( HSBC) in Feb. 2007. As the mortgage specialist advised we agreed to biweekly payments. It became evident after a year that we would not be able to pay that kind of money every month. We applied for a hardship reduction. The hardship reduction was approved and our payment was cut in half. We received a letter stating that the payment was reduced for 6 months(August 2009). Our understanding was that after 6 months this hardship would be reviewed. After the 6 months, Beneficial told us continue to pay the reduced amount. We did so. In January, out of the blue, a deputy left foreclosure papers on our front door. The papers included a court date less than a month away. They had also scheduled our home for a sale!
    Upon contacting Beneficial on how to fix this problem, we were informed we would need $4, 500(on the same day the papers were served). We called Beneficial for a confirmation on this amount and the amount three days later was over 7, 800.00!

They also tacked on 1, 295.00 in attorney fees. They also want another payment before the end of the month.

The loan amount was 138, 000.00 The balance remaining after 3 years is still 144, 000! If we were able to keep this loan and pay it off, at the end we would have over 400, 000 dollars paid to this company.

So, did they go back before the hardship and add the other half for 6 months? 4, 200.00- 2, 800.00=7, 000.00. What real reputable company does anybody know that would let a customer get that far behind before foreclosing.

They don’t take partial payments, so how is it they would let us continue to pay the reduced amount from Sept. to Dec.? They would not. Now all of a sudden, they are trying to take our home, and put 3 small kids out in the street.