United Bank For Africa [UBA] Logo

United Bank For Africa [UBA]

Having problems with United Bank For Africa [UBA]?

+1 212 308 7222 (United States)
+226 50 300 000 (Burkina Faso)
+237 33 433 683 (Cameroon)
+242 69 236 098 (Congo, Brazzaville)
+243 996 020 060 (Congo, DRC)
+225 20 312 222 (Cote D'ivoire)
+224 68 356 868 (Guinea Conakry)
+258 21 408 340 (Mozambique)
+232 22 228 099 (Sierra Leone)
+255 222 864 468 (Tanzania)
57, Marina, P. O. Box 2406

Chad
General Brahim Ali Street, N’djamena
Fax: +235 252 1961

Congo, Brazzaville
37, Avenue William Guynet face Rond point City Center (Brazzaville)
BP: 13 534 Brazzaville Congo

Congo, DRC
№ 1853, Avenue de la Libération, Kinshasa Gombe, Democratic Republic of Congo

Cote D'ivoire
Boulevard Botreau-Roussel, Immeuble Kharrat
Fax: +225 20 312 226

Gabon
282 av Marquis de Compiègne (face Gras Savoye - Rénovation)
Libreville Gabon
Fax: +241 740 624

Ghana
Heritage Tower Ambassadorial Enclave Off Liberia Road Ridge Accra P.M.B 29, Ministries Accra, Ghana

Guinea Konakry

Uganda
Plot 2 Jinja Road, Kampala, Uganda

Zambia
Acacia Park Stand 22768 Corner Great East/Thabo Mbeki Road, Lusaka

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United Bank For Africa [UBA].

Complaints & Reviews

Sep 19, 2020

United Bank For Africa [UBA] — Unethical behavior, fraud, extortion

My information is too extensive to list on this form. My name is debra d chisholm. The dates of my incident...

Dec 06, 2019

United Bank For Africa [UBA] — unsuccessful debited alert.

On the 25th of November 2019 at about 10:25am hours i credited my I-invest wallet with the sum of fifty...

United Bank of Africacredit card activation

In August, 2016, I received an ATM Visa Card from Mrs.Rebecca Fatima Coroma, Director, UBA Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.This card related to a compensation amount of 750, 000 US Dollars about which I have been informed by Mr.Owain Ahmed, who at present is Member of the Federal Ministry of Finance and National Planning of Burkina Faso (as he told me) For the transfer of these funds officials of the bank e.g. Mrs. Rebecca Fatima Koroma, Director UBA, Mrs Memuna Usman, Secretary to Director, Foreign Remittance, Mr. Mamadou Camara, Governor BCEAO, Barrister, Ossy Ossai Chuks of Ossai Consolex Chambers Mr.John Kara Zongo of Airmail Delivery Services and Mr. Curtis Brown, Diplomat have received a total amount equivalent to approximately 18000 us dollars through western union from me on one pretext or the other but not the funds have been transferred nor the ATM card has been activated. The card has expired in April, 2018.

• Updated by Jahanzeb Yousaf · Aug 30, 2018

I want refund of my money of which 7500 dollars deposited as TAX

Jun 06, 2018

United Bank For Africa [UBA] — getting my inheritance

A little over two years ago I was notified about an inheritance from Jeh Charles Johnson. No but the course...

Lagos

United Bank for AfricaNigerian money scam

ATM Payment Centre
    United Bank For Africa (UBA)
    Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
    Tel: +[protected]
    Email: [protected]@live.com
    IMMEDIATE ATM CARD PAYMENT NOTIFICATION

Attention; Beneficiary,

This is to bring to your notice that due to the scam practice going around the globe/world today I want you to know that during the last U.N/I.M.F meeting held at London, United Kingdom last January 2010. It was alarmed so much by the world in the meeting on the lose of funds by various individuals/companies to the scam artists operating in syndicates all over the world today which our country Nigeria is among in the act.

In this view we acknowledge the receipt of the payment order from the presidency with the Federal Ministry of Finance, in respect with the provision act of decree 114 of the 1999 constitution; I am directed to inform you that your payment verification and confirmations is correct. Therefore, we are happy to inform you that arrangements have been concluded to effect your payment as soon as possible and in our bid to transparency.

It is my pleasure to inform you that ATM Master Card have been approved in your favour. Your Personal Identification Pin Numbers is 2129, and the ATM Card Value is (US$5, 500, 000.00). You are advised that a maximum withdrawal value of $7, 500.00 USD is permitted on withdrawal per Day and we are doing Inter Switch and you can make withdrawal in any Inter Switch location and ATM Centre of your choice around the globe.

It will interest you to know that the only required payment from you is the delivery charges of $155.00. As soon as the payment is confirmed we shall immediately dispatch your ATM Card Package and email you with the EMS tracking numbers so you can be able to track your package online and know when to be at your home address to receive it. Please be informed that the ATM Master Card and the Pin-Code would be enclosed in the envelope and you can make withdrawals from the moment you receive the package.

I hope you make the payment of $155.00 available to this office using western union money transfer with my secretary's information as stated below:

1. Receiver's Name: ======= Binta Saleh
    2. City: ================== Lagos
    3. Country: ========== Nigeria

3. Question============= In God ?
    4. Answer:============= We Trust .

5. Amount:============= US$155.00

As soon as you make the payment send an email with the Western Union Payment information to me so that we can proceed to dispatching your package without wasting time. Be rest assured that your $155.00 is the only payment you will have to make for the delivery of the ATM Card and nothing more.

Please call me as soon as you receive this email on my direct line +[protected] for more clarifications about your payment.

I promise and assuring you that, now you can go ahead and send the money so that we will register your package once we receive the fee, you should contact us with your mailing address immediately on: [protected]@live.com but make sure that you send the $155 today to avoid any delay in delivering your package.

I wish you good luck.

Yours in service,

Rev. Jeremy Owen Douglas
    Director, ATM Payment Department
    United Bank For Africa (UBA)
    Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

United Bank of AfricaRefusal to return my personal information

I'm a Canadian citizen with a Nigerian heritage. I was in Nigeria last month for the first time in 40 years visting family in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. On Nov. 25 I tried to open a personal savings account at a UBA branch in Yenagoa. I submitted a completed application form including a copy of my Canadian Driver's License, Passport and two passport size photos. I had downloaded the form from the UBA web site and completed it before I left Canada. I handed my application to an officer at the bank named Michael who reviewed and accepted it. I gave him N100, 000 (one hundred thousand Naira)in cash as a deposit to open the account. Michael gave me a receipt but advised me that an account number would not be available until the following Monday, November 29. When I asked why? He said that it was the banks policy. I phoned him at 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 29 to ask if my account number was ready. He said no but advised me to call back at 3 p.m. I called back to be told that the bank required a utility bill pyment receipt with a Nigerian address. I asked why they accepted my application without it and why I was not informed. To make a long story short, I went the following day (Tuesday, Nov.30) and demanded my completed application form with all supporting documents and N100, 000 deposit back. They refused and starting playing delaying tactics. I asked to speak with the Branch Operations Manager, Mr. Uwem Nkanga. I screamed and yelled at him before my N100, 000 cash deposit was reluctantly refunded. However, the Manager would not returned my application with my personal confidential information.

• Ok
          Okey Ottah Apr 28, 2012

pls sir, i am okey ottah okore, i was meant to had recieved my account number from you, until now, it has not been sent to me. in this regard my company which is feima investment nigeria limited open on my behalf.pls, if is not going in my mobile phone, you can send it through my e-mail e.g [protected]@yahoo.com.Thank you.

United Bank for Africa (UBA) — Fraud

Look what scam I've got! Hello Thanks for your urgent reply. My name is Muhammed Omar.. Am a worker...

United Bank for AfricaFraud!

Don't you ever trust them, if you get the following email:

THE MANAGER,
        UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA
        UBA HOUSE 57 MARINA
        LAGOS NIGERIA
        Tel: +[protected], Fax:[protected]

unitedbankforafricaremittance

Your application have reached the International Remittance Department of the United Bank For Africa, Your Letter is clearly understood and confirmed, On behalf of the management of the Bank, please accept our deepest sympathy on the death of your relative and our highly esteemed customer.May his soul rest in peace.

Upon the presentation of the legal document to the bank, your inheritance fund shall be wired to your bank account via international telegraphic wire transfer(ITT)within 48hours upon verifications

Endeavour to send the required informations/documents as soon as practicable to enable us commence action on the release of the funds to you.

The following are the required informations/documents needed for our perusal and sighting:

1. The Death Certificate

2. Police Report

3. Letter of Administration(Duly signed by a Nigerian Lawyer)

4. Sworn Affidavite Of Oath(Duly Sworn at the Federal High Court of Justice by a certified Legal Practitioner based in Nigeria)
        5.Funds Certificate Of Deposit

All the documents listed above are to prove that you are legible and the sole beneficiary to the deposited Fund.

You are required to submit the above documents to UBA PLC before the fund can be processed and transfered in to your nominated bank account your .

We are including a reference code numbe(REF.CODE:UBA/[protected]/PJ/001 ) as a subject to every email reaching you from this office, you are advise to include the reference code as a subject in all your mails to this office for security reasons .

Thank you for your understanding and Co-operation.

We look forward hearing from you.

Your's faithfully,

Mr.Godfrey Osita

(International Remittance Department UBA)

• Xt
            Xtrafex Dec 28, 2008

Just for your Information:

With the emerging IT tools in the banking industry, United Bank for Africa is not ready for real business. I find it very difficult to believe that a bank like UBA will take over 2 weeks to effect funds transfer as a result of bad banking policy. I was also shocked to hear that Lagos branch is the only hub for forex which means other branches will have send their transactions to lagos for processing. Infact, the chaps in lagos office always insist that the branch office send not just scanned copies via the bank email but the original paper work via DHL or UPS which automatically delay the transaction by minimum of 3 - 4 days.

My very close friend had a terrible experience with UBA during his funds transfer to his bank in the UK. He funded his account as agreed and provided all required documentations for the transfer but to his greatest surprise the bank came back to him 2 weeks later demanding for extra money due to increase in exchange rate as a result of delay in getting his papers work across to lagos.

UBA should lean from standard Chartered bank and all other big players in the banking industry, they should learn to process transaction on time with agreed terms and not keep it for 2 weeks and thereafter demand extra money from their customers as a result of increase in exchange rate.

UBA should also create new foreign transaction hubs in different regions in the country and stop relying on lagos as the only processing point as this creates bottleneck if the files from other branches are far more than the staff strength in lagos.

I hope the bank will turn a new leaf as we approach 2009.

All the best.