H&R Blockunprofessional & bait and switch

G

2008 & 2009 tax service

Last year - I relocated and used h&r block for the first time. The agent I was assigned was 70 to 80 years old, and though i'm sure he had an accounting background, he was using a computer for the first time. He made so many errors I was denied my state rebate and required to pay and my federal return was audited.

This year - i'm back in gradschool with a simple job and a simple return (No itemized deductions). I called in and explained I had 1 - w2 and 1 - 401k disburisment but I would still use the service if it would be much cheaper. I was quoted $68 and scheduled an appointment. At the end of the 5minutes it took I was told I owed $169.00. After I explained my conversation when scheduling the appointment I was given a $30.00 discount and told that was the best they could do... "will that be cash check or charge... Next!"

JOHN M. STEFANKO Feb 28, 2011

ON [protected] MY WIFE AND I WERE AT THE H&R BLOCK IN WADSWORTH OHIO. WE WERE CHARGED 334.00 FOR A TAX RETURN THAT A MONKEY COULD OF FILLED OUT. OUR INFORMATION WAS ALREADY IN THE COMPUTER AND ALL THE REP HAD TO DO WAS ADD OUR W-2S INTO THE SYSTEM FOR THE YEAR.
    THE REP MADE THE COMMENT THAT IF SHE MADE A NICE BONUS FROM THE COMPANY THAT SHE COULD FINISH HER SCHOOLING AND NOT HAVE TO WORK THIS SUMMER. I FILL THAT WE WERE OVER CHARGED TO MAKE HER NUMBERS LOOK COULD SO THAT SHE COULD RECEIVE THAT BONUS. PLUS IN 2009 SHE MADE A MISTAKE ON OUR TAX RETURN BY GIVING MY WIFE THE WRONG SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND THAT STOP US FROM RECEIVING OUR RAPID REFUND BECAUSE THE IRS STOP THE RETURN. SHE OFFERED NO COMPENSATION FOR THAT AND IT WAS HER MISTAKE. I WILL NEVER USE [protected]@R BLOCK AGAIN AND WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE ELSE. JOHN M. STEFANKO