Hondatransmission problems

C

On July 23, 2005 I purchased a new 2005 Honda CRV. I chose Honda for several reasons; top reason being Honda’s reputation for building a reliable car. I planned to take good care of my Honda in exchange for driving this car well into my retirement years. I was going to drive this car until it wouldn’t drive any further.

On August 8, 2010 I was driving home from church when my car just died. We had the car towed to the nearest Honda Dealership in Elizabeth City, NC. Imagine my surprise when I was told I needed a new transmission on a car that was 5 years old and 135, 000 miles! That’s not a reliable car!

Over the years (I’m 54) I have driven some real clunkers. In fact, in my entire life I have only “treated myself” to a brand new car twice – the 2nd time being my Honda. In all of my 38 years of driving cars NOT ONCE did I ever have to replace the transmission. I don’t even know anyone who had to replace a transmission on any make or model. The most expensive car repair I ever made was to a 6 year old Ford Tempo that had a fuel pump problem. In fact, 6 months later there was a recall on the fuel pumps.

If having to replace the transmission on my 5 year old car wasn’t surprise enough, PAYING for the repairs was another surprise.

Hall Honda in Elizabeth City quoted us a price of $3, 846.25. I called Pearson Honda (where I purchased the car) and they quoted a price of $3, 103.51. That is a $740 dollar difference! Same car part; more money. Talk about making a bad situation even worse! I had to take this matter to the top! After speaking with David Jones at Hall Honda, they did lower the cost of the transmission replacement to $3, 248.11. Did this make me happy? Replacing a transmission on a car that’s 5 years old will never make me happy!