Having problems with Honda Motor?

1800 999 1009 (USA and Canada)
1888 946 6329 (Canada)
1800 804 954 (Australia)
8800 555 7711 (Russia)
1800 368 8500 (Mexico)
+81 334 231 111 (Head Office, Japan)
+64 800 246 632 (New Zealand)
+44 845 200 8000 (United Kingdom)
+43 22 366 900 (Austria)
+32 26 201 000 (Belgium)
+45 76 305 530 (Denmark)
+49 69 830 060 (Germany)
+353 14 381 900 (Ireland)
+31 207 070 000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 918 281 (Portugal)
+966 122 638 200 (Saudi Arabia)
+82 803 600 505 (South Korea)
+65 63 399 002 (Singapore)
2-1-1, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku

India
409, Tower B, DLF Commercial Complex,nJasola, New Delhi-110025

Singapore
370 Ubi Road 3 (Level 2), Singapore 408651

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Honda Motor.

Complaints & Reviews

Honda Cbr 1000 Rrhonda

Dear Sirs,
I am writing to complain about a serious problem I recently had with my Honda CBR 1000 RR 2007.
This is my third Honda motorcycle that I purchased in the last years, and all of the worked excellent.
The bike covered only 49.000 km and kept in excellent. No engine modification were performed.
The clutch basket exploded on my motorcycle during the ride. I took my motorcycle to a local Honda
Authorized Dealership. After disassembling the clutch basket or what was left from it. Mechanic concluded
that the crank also was damaged. All friction plates of the clutch and bearing were also damaged.
I purchased the new crank, bearings, clutch basket, complete clutch kit, seals for entire engine. In the end I the whole engine needed overall repair. Which cost me a lots of money. From my research in Internet and personal knowledge from our local “Honda riders club” no one ever heard about such problem with Honda clutch. I can understand that something similar can happen to Yamaha or Kawasaki but not for Honda which is known for reliability.
Please help me to understand the problem in order to avoid it in the future.
My total out-of-pocket expense for engine repair and parts is around 3000$ came as you can see by the enclosed receipts. I am willing to cover the labor costs but I am asking Honda to cover the supply costs for new parts that were damaged and replaced.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely yours,
Ziserson Yuri

Honda Australia — service

I have done a car service, but I found that my car headlight is not working after service when I got back...

Brisbane

Hero Honda Pleasureaverage problum

i Purchase a Pleasure scooterate 06.05.11 in Chhindwara (M.P.) vechal No .is MP -28 S- 3568 but its average only 22 Km/Lit. I say to delar many times but no any posative result. I think purchase Pleasure scooterate is my wronge decigen. Please help me. If no average not my use this scooterate. SWATI JAIN, SHANTI COLONY BARARIPURA CHHINDWARA M.P.

Honda Fitthreatening

2 problems in 1 week - my 2012 pilot 11k miles. I brought in my broken key to be replaced. The dealer told me $190. I called Honda cust. serv. Honda arranged for a key to be replaced FREE!

While back at the dealer to replace the key, my neighbors were attempting to purchase a 12 FIT. The car retail is 16k, they had a 3k trade in meaning the car should only be 13k. The salesperson was trying to sell the car for 19k!!! I stepped in and they immediately dropped the price to 17k. Everyone happy? NOPE!

The sales manager and salesman corned me in the service area. The saleman was pounding his fist into his hands while they talked! Suggesting NO THREATENING YES!!! I asked if they wanted to go outside to discuss this. They walked away.

Now comes the service manager MAD) asking who I am etc. I explain that it does not matter who I am, I advised my neighbor how to buy a car. He went on a rage asking why etc. I explained you apparently dont like to do warranty repairs or sell cars honestly.

They pulled my truck out and did not complete any work and banned me. LOL like I would go back to these shady crooks. STAY AWAY!!!

• St
          stopyeryappin Jun 21, 2012

well, you could always just mind your own ###in business, jackwad. Also, your complaint isn't against the Honda FIT, but rather, the dealership. I'd have beaten the ever livin' crap out of you though, personally.

• St
          stopyeryappin Jun 21, 2012

Or, you could mind your own business. Also, your complaint is against the dealership, not the Honda FIT, ###.

Honda Odysseylying about trying to find a like vehicle to trade out a van with a transmission problem

Purchased a Honda Odyssey that was advertised online and went to see it. After hearing that it had not been in an accident, had a high service record it seemed like a good vehicle to purchase. The next day we found out that this van had not been serviced and the young man, Brad who sold the car mentioned none of this. That means they did not detect the transmission problem and the low dirty oil on the stick. After having someone look over the van that we trust and is a very good mechanic and finding out that the transmission is going out, the car had been in an accident and the vehicle needed oil change servicing. Lakeside tried fixing two separate problems to no avail and their mechanic said that the van needed the extra push to get going. I did not agree so I took it to the Honda Dealer who took it on a test drive who wrote up a paper explaining the two shifts as you drive and also he heard a knock at the end of the drive also showing that it is a transmission problem. The owner Bob said that he test drove it before purchasing and he felt nothing. After many returns they agreed to find an identical van to replace this one at an auction because they now knew about the transmission problem.
        Finally we set up a time limit to find one because we had a trip we are going on. However as the time gets closer they are not answering the phone calls. I made four in the last two days. I guess they want us to just go away. If they would fix and pay for the transmission problem that would be okay.
        I just called and talked to a third party who said that we should call back on Monday and they would help us (now I am asking for them to put in and pay for a new transmission). I wish someone could step in and help us our trip is on 06-21-2012.

• Ro
            rosierurosie Jul 13, 2012

Did you finally resolve the issue? We recently bought a Honda Odyssey from them. The car ran great for 3 days and then lots of front end noise on the 4th day. We also worked with Brad and Bob. Your complaint disturbs me. I wonder if I just bought the Odyssey that you returned.

Honda Malaysia Claim Departmentrude customer service

Honda Civic 2.0 "balljoint" spoilt even still under warranty but cannot claim!!!. car plate KCN9238. If this is the case we can concluse that the quality of the car is really poor... Besides the customer service also worst, very rude do not know how to handle customer and give blank promise all the time. According to the customer service, the "balljoint" spoilt is because we do not drive properly, we go & hit/bump into the hole on the road. it sound very funny, do they really saw us drive???? Is it we want to purposely bump into the hole???? In the service industry, we have to be polite, courteous, always show the willingness to help, fulfill customer need etc. in order to maintain our customer, but HONDA?????????? my HP019-4433699

Hero Honda Super Splender Bikepoor service of top gear service centre thodupuzha

I am the registered owner of the Motor Bike No.KL-41-D-4189 which was purchased on 01.10.2011. This Bike is used by my brother, R.Anil, who is working in Pullikanam Estate, Vagamon. On 17.03.2012, he was travelling from Pullikanam to Thodupuzha when he reached Koovappilly at 2.45 pm, another bike coming from the opposite direction collided with his bike causing damage to the crash guard and the pedal brake. After registering the accident with the Kanjar Police, he gave the damaged vehicle to Mr.Ajesh P.Nair, Head-Supervisor, M/s.Top Gear Motors, Mangattukavala, Thodupuzha, the same day for repairs. After initial assessment, he told that the damages caused to the vehicle are minor.

After one week, when my brother contacted Mr.Ajesh, he told that the wiser should be replaced, chassis had a bend and it needs repairs. He assured that the cost of all the replaced parts would be reimbursed. But, after taking three weeks time, he telephoned that the vehicle is ready and gave a bill for Rs.5845/-. When my brother went to take the vehicle, he had to wait there nearly 4 hours. During trial run, he experienced that the vehicle was not repaired properly i.e. the trip meter was not working, the brake did not set alright, and even the handle grip was not replaced.
            Again, after one week, when my brother went to take back the bike, he had to wait there for more than four hours and paid Rs.280/- as repair charges. Even at the time of writing this letter, the brake of the bike is not road worthy. For contacting the service personnel, I have incurred a considerable amount.

I am surprised to see that out of a total amount of Rs.5, 845/-, the Insurance Company has intimated that a meagre amount of Rs. 2, 820/- has been sanctioned against my claim. I request you to sanction the additional bill amount of Rs.2, 206/- towards labour charges incurred by me.

A line in reply will be highly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Sobha Venugopal

• At
                atishay jain Sep 06, 2009

bad condition of engine, rear shock absorber, pass light switch, electric starter switch, chain cover

Honda Aviator Scooterpoor quality of plastic material

I have bought honda aviator scooter. And by putting anominal weight of less then 1 kg in its storage cabin under the seat, it broke into several small parts from the bottom. I have a strong doubt that inferior quality of plastic material is being used not only in making of storage cabin but I have a Doubt that if you check each and every plastic part used in their scooters then you will know the reality.

Givi Extra Large Windshield Honda Pcxrecievedreceived smaller size one/no cancel

i perceived it as a scam when they would not return e-mails or answer phones, both numbers. so, we quickly cancelled order within their 24 hour rule, no e-mail stating they had refunded and or cancelled order upon trying to e-mail them. never any communication of any kind. Then they took the money from debit card account and lo and behold shipped us the smaller windshield which i have on my scooter Honda PCX 125 already. my husband rechecked order and said they sent us the wrong windshield which i already knew. it doesn't pay, to return it knowing they are a scam and i will never see a refund.

Honda Aviatorfree service

Sir,
                  I, Manoj Sharma, S/O Sri S.M.Sharma, a proud owner of HONDA AVIATOR scooter, model code- SCV110GA.
                  with Invoice no 11IN00153 dated 26/4/11, engine no-JF21E9193409, chassis no- ME4JF213DB8171936, have a complain as
                  regard to your service as per details given...
                  1.First Service I have done on 23/5/2011 with km 568 through job card no 11jc00959.
                  2. second service I have done on 3/9/2011 with km 2881 through job card no 11jc03272.
                  3. Third service I have done on 5/12/2011 with km 5186 through job card no 11jc06066.
                  My complaint is this that dealer Evershine Auto Wheels Kota Raj has refused the 4 service . because more than 300 day's. Sir do u feel if first service is late, second also late as well as third also late but they do not complaint me that you have come with late in future please take care, that time i take care. But on the 4 service they told me that you have late so we can't do. Sir do u feel this is a customer long relations. Sir you are requested please instruct Dealer please co-operate the customer .

Thanks
                  Manoj sharma
                  [protected]
                  [protected]@rediffmail.com

Honda, Coca Cola, Blackberry, Nokia, Google — lottery sceme winning prize

SIR, Mr.ALEX JOHNSON TRY TO ROUGH UK PUBLICITY AND LOOTED TO INDIAN PEOPLE HELP TO LOTTERY SYSTEM.I INFORM TO...

Honda - Shinewhite smoke from silensor

Dear sir.
                    I have purchased a HONDA BIKE-SHINE from SURANA MOTORS, BHOPAL ON dated 22/02/2011, Registration No. MP-04 MZ-1284, chasis no.ME4JC36DBB8089190 AND Engine no. JC36E2272325.During running the bike after 6 months, i was felt that WHITE SMOKE was coming from SILENSOR. I have complaint about this problem to SURANA MOTORS, i was given for servicing time to time, Details as given servicing with Date as follows-- 1st serv. 23/03/11(284 km.), 2nd-27/05/11(876 km.), 3rd-11/08/11(1399 km.), 4th-29/11/11(1928 km.), 5th-24/12/11(2761 km.) during 5th servicing complete BLOCK PISTON KIT SET was changed & charged Rs.2000/-(receipt no.sp55127, dated24/12/2011)on 26/02/12(3363 km.) serviced bike again but today itself problem is not sort out & white smoke is coming from SILENSOR, so i am not satisfied, I think this is manufacturing fault.. I would be grateful if you would see and rectify this problem as soon as possible.
                    I look forward to your reply.

yours sincerely
                    SUNIL K. JAIN

Honda Activaavrage probleam

activa honda maine DATE :26/08/11 ko cash me li thi.maine iski add dekhi thi ki ki avarage 40km. per litare he.is gadi ko chalne ke baad is ki avarage muskil se 20 ki aa rahi thi.maine iski first service karane par maine uski complaints ki c.g.road ahmedabad.me to usne kaha ki nayi he avrage sahi ho jayegi tank full rakhna aise mai aaj tak char service kara chuka hu par meri probleam solve nahi hua.muje phir muje kaha ki aap bottele test karao wo karwane ke bad bhi koi hal nahi hua ab itna rupiya dal kar aisi gadi chalne se kya fyda company iska hal nikale ya phir muje nayi activa de agar iska hal 2week me nahi hua to me grhak surksha me case karne wala hu.

• Pr
                          prakash r sharma Jun 24, 2014

is madar chod activa lene se toh achha tha ki me cycle le leta, bhenchod 20km ka avrage, 100 rupaey ke petrlo me sirf ek din chalta hei, woh bhenchod 20 ka avregare, deti hei, bhen k lundo ye koi car nahi he jo itna avregae deti hei, iska engine banane wala enginner ne kya bhang, daru, gnaja pike iska engine banaya tha, jo madamr chod itna kam avrege deti hei, or dosto agar koi bhi agar activa lene ki soch raha ho, toh pls meri aap sabhi se request hei ke, activa ki jagah aap cycle kahrid lo ya fir koi or two wheeler kahrid lo, per activa mat kharidna pls pls pls.

Honda Aviatorfaulty battery in new bike

i received the bike after 4 months of booking & after 35 days of full payment from malad om sai showroom.there was starting problem from the very first day, but the dealers representative said that the battery is new, it will be regular as you use it.i went to service center after 15 days for 1st free servising & there it was detected that the battery is faulty.they have told me that it will be replaced in 2-3 days .i have not received any reply till.i had purchased the bike to save time & energy of my studing children but it was of no use.now i advise everyone not to go for honda.

Honda Unicornspare part not vailable at showroom

My name is Dushyant A. Thete .i bought honda unicorn on 02/01/2012 in Sachi honda showroom Mahatma Nagar, Nasik.and after a 1st servicing my bike was not run good its start vibrating & not run smoothly.i drive my bike 1100km only.i went to the showroom and park my bike there.showroom told me that there some problem in engine.I park my bike in showroom on 13/02/2012, today is 26/02/2012 yet my bike was not ready. I ask the showroom they tell me that they don't have the spare part in their showroom. i just don't understand the honda showroom not have their own bikes spare part.I am very disappoint with your customer service.now i am just felling that i make a mistake and bought a honda bike.

Honda Canadavery bad sales service

On the 14th of April, me and my wife decided to buy a used car from Honda. When we went there, we were welcomed in by a nice sales rep. person whom showed us around several cars. we liked one and I asked for the final price, after going back and forth between us and her manager, we finally got to meet him. I was very straight to the point and I told him I was comparing this car to another at Subaru De Laval. he asked me to put a price on the car so I put a price that was $3000 less. the next thing I know is that we were brushed off with a yellow smile saying thank you and goodbye in a very rude and sarcastic way. I walked away kind off embarrassed, but i didn't want to do anything about it, after all he and the company lost a serious buyer.

Today, I got a follow-up call from his assistant and I told him what happened and I don't know how but he convinced me of going back today and I told him I would not come except if I got an apology from his manager.He said he wouldn't be in, but he would apologize and even throw something on top of the deal. So I go over there and i was about to buy the car, but then I find Mr. Ralph There and he made eye contact and did nothing. so I refused to go ahead with the purchase without receiving an apology. The next step is that I get someone telling me that I don't know how to speak with people and that I treated his Rep. Venissa (she denied it in front of him) and then when I asked for his boss he said that he had none and refused to give me anyone to talk to.

This is the Kind of service you receive from a sales manager at Honda so you can imagine the after sales service and what follows. Looking forward to hear your reply to my complaint.

Hero Honda (Dio Bike)selling old stuck as the new stuck

i have purchased a brand new dio bike from hero honda show room branch in aizawl, they have sold the bike to me as the new stuck but after the payment i see that the bike was last year stuck. now i was there and the branch manager is saying it was my duty to find out this information where there is no paper to see what is there.

Attorney Rhonda K. Walker — unethical conduct

Attorney Rhonda K. Walker is making quite a name for herself stealing clients money for not representing and...

Honda Civicpaint work chipping off

My Car met in a accident last year and was sent to a authorised Honda dealer and after 6 months paint is chipping off from the area that the have painted. Went to them and gotten the car undergo painting again without any charges. i am thank full for that since they did not make me run around proving it is their paint job defect. To my unfortunate condition which i noticed after 2 days of receiving the car from the respective dealer the paint work has bubbles at certain area of the car My question is this is a authorised dealer they paint almost merely 200 cars in a month how could this happen to my car or all the cars they deliver has defects its just not being heard. In this situation what should i do, i cant be sending the car to them everyday 6 months or every 2 days receiving it who is going to send me to work. why am i penalised for their bad paint job. Is it all right for them to do a bad paint job and ask the client sent in their car to redo again and again.

Honda 2007 Accord Coupe Ex V6tsb 07-086 defect code 07408

I attend college and needed a car with decent gas mileage and a reputation for longevity with few repairs. Purchased a 2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 after I was rear-ended in my 1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 while sitting at a red light; unfortunately my cherished ‘98 was considered a total loss due to type of damage sustained, cost and age/value.
                                  My 2007 Honda Accord Coupe has become increasingly difficult to steer and turn.
                                  • Upon startup there is considerable noise under the hood. Turning the steering wheel right or left, it makes a high pitched whine, once pressure released, whine disappears. After the car warms up (5 minutes in driveway) noise level under hood subsides somewhat.
                                  • In a parking lot, going over speed bumps, steering wheel jerks wildly.
                                  • Dec 2011 I had power steering flush completed at garage and all new fluid added to the system to see if steering would improve and be more manageable. For one week there was improvement in steering, however did not help with excessive noise level upon start up.
                                  • January 6, 2012 took car to Honda Dealership and problem was diagnosed. O-Ring needed to be replaced; air enters the power steering pump through inlet joint O-Ring. There may be bubbles or foam in the power steering reservoir. This is a known issue and TSB 07-086 was created Dec. 1, 2007 – Defect Code 07408, Symptom Code 04201.
                                  • If car was within original warranty period, would have been a covered repair and corrected with no charge. However, that time was past, so a cost to repair was necessary. Since power steering fluid had been replaced already one month previous (just needed to be topped off), O-Ring repair was to be around $70.00.
                                  • Repair was completed at a different dealership January 7th and I was informed that the power steering fluid had to be replaced as well because it was a very dark brown in color and contained numerous debris particles. This news came as a total surprise… a month ago, system had been flushed out and refilled with new fluid!
                                  • After O-Ring repair, steering was better (but not like when car was first purchased) and noise level diminished.
                                  • Today, January 10, 2012, went out and started car to go to store... Noise level again very high and upon turning steering wheel, a high pitched whine was again present.
                                  • Internet supplied a considerable amount of information regarding same problem with 2007 Honda Accord; many different attempts at repair by many Honda owners (DYI, dealerships and certified mechanics), resulting in mostly temporary fixes and frustration; with the next step being the replacement of the power steering pump.
                                  • This repair is costly… (Pump, labor, fluids = $6-700.00).
                                  • What is not understood is:
                                  Why does a faulty or defective O-Ring lead to the demise of power steering pump?
                                  Why, in one month, after a system flush, did new clean power steering fluid turn a dark brown color and contain debris particles?
                                  How long will it be, how many more miles, before this power steering pump is non-functional or fails completely?
                                  What happens if I’m driving on the freeway and the power steering pump fails?
                                  Will Honda help me with this?