Home Depot Fishkill, NYtreatment by staff and false promises

J Nov 14, 2018

On Friday, November 9th I was to have a stove and refrigerator delivered to my home between 9 and 1. At 9:20 I got a call from the delivery company saying they took my things off the truck because they overscheduled. They would deliver it by Tuesday. We found this unacceptable. It took several hours and numerous phone calls on my girlfriend's part before someone named Jody finally had the delivery rescheduled for the next morning. The refrigerator, unfortunately, did not fit so I needed to purchase another one. While purchasing it I was told that they would need more time to refund me the oversized refrigerator. I wound up putting it on my Chase Visa Card but I realized I would have to pay the whole bill right away. I then asked if I could put it on my Home Depot Card but because they could not remove the oversized refrigerator charge for a few days I had to ask for an extension of my credit. This caused my credit score to drop. I was assured all would be taken care of by Tuesday. Today, I received a phone call from Home Depot saying because of a "glitch" I would have to come to the store to rectify this. I did and the assistant manager, Sue, kept telling my girlfriend and I that I was already refunded on my Visa Card. We tried to explain, though she kept interupting us, that the oversized frefrigerator had to be removed from our Home Depot Card. Finally when my girlfriend asked Sue to stop talking and listen did she realize their mistake. What I find amazing is that there were no notes on my account which would have rectified it, that I had to come in to fix the problem when most people just make a simple phone call to fix it, and the compensation they promised us ($108 delivery refund by Jody (I was told by Sue, Jody did not have the power to authorize it, and the compensation from the delivery company, (50-75 dollars) was also forgotten. I was treated like a piece of garbage, especially for a person that has spent over $25, 000 at Home Depot (Nanuet, NY and Fishkill) over the last 5 years. It is inexcusable and I will never shop at a Home Depot again.