Having problems with Home Depot?

Home Depot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 14, 2006. The latest review Customer Service was posted on May 11, 2021. The latest complaint Samsung Dishwasher Appliance was resolved on Mar 12, 2021. Home Depot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1522 reviews. Home Depot has resolved 222 complaints.

Home Depot Customer Service Contacts

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Depot Complaints & Reviews

Home Depot/Spiritdelivery

I've purchased a fridge two weeks ago from store #989-Cherry Hill and requested to be delivered today December 11, 2014. Today the delivery truck came on time @9.30 and the fridge was taken apart, doors and trays have been removed, screws were left in the trays etc. I have requested the delivery team to bring the fridge through the back door as we have measured that the fridge would fit through that door. Unfortunately we were missing an inch for the fridge to fit through the door. I asked the delivery team to wait until I have someone coming and take the door out. I was told they could not wait but that they would come back to finish the job. Then the delivery team called their office and scheduled me for Saturday for someone else to come back and get the fridge in the house and assemble it and hook it to the water etc. They took the old fridge out and left.
The guy that I called to help me with the back door and take it out, arrived right when it started to snow.
So now it started to snow and the fridge was in my backyard.
I called the delivery company and asked to send someone else or have the initial team make a quick stop back to my house. I was placed on hold multiple times, had to call back, asked for the supervisor and did not get any help. Any help at all l!!! I was told multiple times that they would not change the schedule of the delivery team, they would not send someone else because overtime is not approved by the company, they can do nothing for me.
At 1pm I called the store GM hoping he can help. He was not available to speak with me. The weather was bad, my fridge was sitting outside, my back door had been taken out and I paid for a service that I did not receive (delivery and installation)
At 2PM I get a call back from the store manager who says he would send two of his associates to help me get the fridge in the house and they would also be able to assemble the fridge, but not hook it to the water line.
They came around 3.30 after my husband had to take a half day off, get some help and get the fridge in the house, They did not bring tools to assemble the fridge. My husband was not pleased with the job they've done.
SO, what did the delivery team and the company HD/Spirit do for me? NOTHING, except they left me a fridge, that I paid for it, in my backyard.
Where's the installation service that I paid for it? Who is to pay for my husband time, for the work he had done and for my time that I spent on the phone trying to get someone to help us? Spirit did not make an exception and send me a team to finish the job today and on top of that the delivery team had finished their schedule an hour earlier.
Now, more than ever, I am convinced that if I would to purchase from Home Depot again I would have the same delivery service. Who wants that? I am sure I don't want this kind of service.
Sorry HD but you lost a customer because no one bothered to change the schedule of the delivery team, or send another team back to my house to finish the job that I paid for it !!!
No one cared that I did not have a fridge-the old one was gone-the new one was not assembled, not working and outside in the snow-that my backdoor was out and cold wind and snow were coming in the house, that I spent hours on the phone, asking and begging for someone to come back and understand that this was an exception and not something "just because", that my husband had to get help and carry the fridge in the kitchen and now he has a back pain, that we had to witness a job pour done by HD's associates and still wait for someone to come and hook the fridge to the water line.

More savings-for Home Depot by not delivering the service I’ve paid for and more doing apparently for me, doing the work the delivery team was suppose to do. Shame on you HD/Spirit?

Home DepotChristmas tree

I went to the home depot with my family and bought a Christmas Tree at the Carmel Mountain Home depot. First the service was terrible and the tree when I brought home started to have dead needles fall out and it had brown patches all over the tree it was horrendous. I went there last year and the tree was amazing and I had tons of compliments. I now have a Charlie Brown Tree and honestly a Charlie Brown tree would be better. Very Disappointed

Home Depotnot posting negative reviews of product

Consumer beware: home depot reviews, product related: we bought a honeywell humidifier earlier this year from home depot. The unit worked for 3 months no problem. Then came summer, so the unit got unplugged. Then came winter and we plugged the unit back in. The unit did not work. We called honeywell's customer service, and after some troubleshooting with the machine, they deemed that it should be covered by warranty. The problem is that they demanded that we send the unit to them in ontario at our cost which is around $54.00. Why should we pay for shipping to repair a faulty product of honeywell's? Anyway, I tried to post this information on home depot's web site, and the review got rejected. So - a warning to consumers: when you see reviews on home depots website, those reviews may not include critical and unbiased information that you may want in order to make a decision!!

• El
          elizabeth09 Aug 27, 2018

Home Depot review. I would advise anybody not to schedule an installation thru Home Depot. I placed an order of 06/05/2018 for a side door to my garage to be replace including installation and permit. They told usually it could take about 2 months due to the permit. Well the permit was obtained the first week in July, I call the Installation place and they told me the door had not arrived. I went to store 0206 and was told there was a delay since it was a custom door and the material to make the door had run out. On August 23, 2018 the Installation co J and J carpentry called me to set up the installation and the first appt available would not be until October 1, 2018. It seems Home Depot takes orders but does not follow up on anything. It takes over one month to have an installation done after they have inconvenience the customer.
          My advice to consumers have your installations done elsewhere or buy the door from a place that does everything themselves.

Home Depot — workplace harassment

An "assistant manager" at the Home Depot was over heard by me (a customer) berating a young man with a...

Cub Cadet From Home Depotpiece of #

purshased this cub cadet ltx1045 from home depot brand new 2009 and was a piece of ### and still is a piece of ###.had nothing but problems from week 1 after purshased .threw 4 belts, had to replace all the idler bearings and spindle bearing, had to replace drive belt and all the idler bearing . had to replace battery .weld the deck 2 times now the motor is knocking and vibrating .im a mechanic and ive done good maint. on it and its still a piece of ###!!!

Home Depotreturn policy and rude manager

I am a very loyal customer to Home Depot and I own a business. We bought a GE air condition with heat for our shop. After 3 times fixing it they finally exchanged it. Bought a Westinghouse generator online and picked it up at Tupelo, MS store. I had it about 3 weeks before using it and then used it 6 days about 5 - 7 hours each of those days. Called store since I has it more than 30 days I have to send it off to get it fixed. I own a food truck and my business depends on this generator. Talked to the manager named Randy and he was and not sympathetic to my problem at all and ended up just hanging up. I have been a good customer for as long as I remember and I am very upset that there is not a better policy for us. What if your store had to shut down for weeks because you bought faulty equipment from someone.
          Jan Loyd

Home Depot — cabinet refacing

In May of 2014 I contracted with Home Depot to do a cabinet refacing of my kitchen cabinets. The contractor...

Home Depot — tool rental customer service

Was at a tool rental in Home Depot in Howell New Jersey it was on a Sunday and there was about 5 people...

Home Depot / Bathseriously poor employee communication

Well, 3 days ago I gave Home Depot Customer Service on their own site a chance to resolve this as I do not enjoy giving time and effort to things and people that waste it and they never acknowledged the email message I sent at all. I (we) have been researching for 3 months now the best and least expensive way to have a toilet replaced in our home. I ended up at Home Depot (originally wanted to purchase same toilet we picked out at Lowe's) to first purchase the toilet and bring it home with other important home repair items so that later I could schedule (as a package deal) to have installed by the Home Depot's Contracted Plumber. I saved money this way.
            First I asked Ruth at the Customer Service Counter (upon getting a package estimate) if I could get my military discount, that my current ID is expired but you can clearly see it's me and that my new one is being processed and ordered through the VA. She informed to just present my current ID upon check-out that it would not be a problem. It's important to me that I not get all rung up at the check-out register and then have somebody say, sorry, sir, we can't accept your ID as it's expired and then go beyond my allotted budget for this huge purchase of $326.00. So, I proceeded to check-out register #1 where Aurora was operating it. First off, she looked at us as if we were inconveniencing her by purchasing items at the Home Depot store in her line, before we were even at the register, however, I just let it go. Then, Aurora is literally running around frantically and gets upset because I picked an item that her scanner/wand would not pick-up and register to the computer, I let that go too.
            Finally, after being pushed into feeling very uncomfortable be her, I let her know that I had my Military ID and I'd like to get the 10% discount that Home Depot offers its military/veterans. Aurora stated, "It has to be the person paying for the stuff, besides, your ID is no good and a man from the base said not to take ID's that are no good, so whaataya wanna do now"! I said, well, I spoke to Ruth, the Customer Service Department and she said that it was all okay and that the store would honor my ID and that I did not have to be the one paying out of my pocket so long as it got paid for. Aurora huffed and puffed at me and said that I could call the man at the base and ask him if I didn't believe her. Needless to say, she succeeded at making me uncomfortable and let-down. I truly hope this blaitant act of poor attitude, store communication/training and cruddy treatment doesn't happen to you or anyone else. I'd sure like to see or hear that she has been reprimanded for what she did. I'm so tired of this I don't even care about spell/grammar. Regards---

Home Depotfailure to comply with installation ad

Home Depot advertises for home installation contractors. If you try to get in touch with these people, Home Depot will just give you the run-around. You can't speak to the contracting company and Home Depot employees say they will contact them for you. Needless to say, at this particular store no one handled the situation. The head office in Toronto was just as bad also giving me nothing but a run-around and saying that I was given top priority. After over a dozen phone calls to Home Depot on Regent Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (they never returned one call) over a 3 week period, I was unable to get anyone to come out for a consultation for home repairs. Try to call this store and speak to a Manager, that wil never happen. Everytime and any day of the week you call, you are told they are all in meetings. Very poor public relations. They don't live up to their ad and they do not care about the customer. I will not purchase anything from this store, and will relate to everyone I can about their inability to interact and care about the customer.

Ge Adora Dishwasherdoes not clean and needed repairs several times

I bought a GE Adora from Home Depot in September of 2013. This dish washer from the start never cleaned the dishes. It washed for very long time and when I opened it all the dish washing liquid was on the door of the dishwasher and the dishes were still dirty. Called GE for a repair and the service technician came out and said that it need a new motor, so they shipped the part to my house and I thought they would follow up with me. After about 3weeks I called and told them the part came and it was only then the technician came to replace the part. The dish washer worked for another month and them the spindle at the bottom just burnt out and broke. Just got this smell emanating from the machine and on investigating I see this burnt out part at the bottom. They shipped a new bottom spindle and technician arrives and said that was not the only problem. He has to order a new part and come back again. More stress having to wash all the dishes by hand. Called the consumer relations department and they said that the expensive warranty that I purchased from home depot was for reparis only and the machine must malfunction again before they consider replacement. This is not acceptable since my old cheap dishwasher lasted 12years and even though noisy washed the dishes clean and never needed a repair. Anyway, my advise to all reading this is to go with another brand. Stay away from a GE Adora..

Home Accents, Holiday — bogus 1 year warrant

On 11/22/13 last year I purchased six (6) strings of "300 Mini Icicle Lights, High Density" from "Home...

The Home Depot, Hollywood, CA. — lying to customer

I called this store The Home Depot, on Sunset Blvd. Hollywood, asking if they had a one piece shower and tub...

Home Depot / NonstopDelivery, Inc. — worst service - do not use!

An order placed through HomeDepot.com on May 20, 2014 indicated that the patio furniture set was in stock...

Home Depot — home depot racial and ill treatment

We made an online purchase for pick up in store at the end of April, when we picked up the items several of...

The Home Depot — installed inferior product than what was presented to me

I paid Home Depot to install new fencing. The material used is not the same as the sample that the Home Depot...

NonstopDelivery / Home Depotdelivery issues

I ordered two patio sets from Home Depot on 10/9/14 and selected ship to home. Delivery estimate I was given by Home Depot was May 15th through May 23rd. Home Depot's website said that I would receive the order in 3-10 business days, which would equate to receiving it May 23rd at the latest. When the order was turned over to the delivery service, Nonstop Delivery, I was given a tracking number showing an estimated delivery date of 5/23/14. The patio sets were picked up in California on 5/13 to deliver to my home in New Jersey. By 5/18/14, tracking was updated as being at a location that was 27 miles from my home. I contacted Nonstop Delivery on 5/23/14 because the tracking information still showed that the patio sets were at the location 27 miles from my home and did not show as out for delivery. I was told "Your item(s) are in transit on their way to the local terminal in [a location that would now be 45 miles from my home]. Once they arrive and are checked in the dispatcher will update the website with the actual date and time of delivery." I told them "I was told 3-10 business days to receive the order. Today is the 10th business day." The gentleman I was chatting with responded, "My apologies if there has been some confusion. The 10 business days exclude weekends and holidays." I in turn stated, "I realize that. I placed the order on May 9th. That is 14 days with weekends but for business days, this is the 10th business day." He then told me, "The 10 business days would begin from when the order was registered with NSD. That took place on 5/13." I then asked him when it would get to the new location that would be further away from my home and he responded, "I was unable to get in contact with the carrier but, I would anticipate it getting to [the new location] no later than Tuesday 5/27." So he is now telling me that it is going to take 4 days to get to a location that is only about 45 minutes from the location where it sat for the past 5 days and I can now assume that at the earliest it will be delivered to my location Wednesday, 5/28/14, 2 business days (5 total days) after the delivery date I was told when I placed my order. As of today, 5/24/14, the tracking has not been updated. The latest delivery date that Home Depot provided me was when I expected my order and I planned accordingly. I will never again order anything ship to home from Home Depot.

Home Depotpoor customer service

just bought the LG Electronics 7.3 cu. ft. Gas Dryer in White from Homedepot, Customer service
                    Representative said is free installation, but the deliver guys said they could not do the installation in the garage. Ridiculous!!. Then talk to the homedepot customer respenstative again, want to return. They said the product is non-returnable !! Cost almost $900 for non-returnable !! Terrible customer service, be aware of homedepot, you may buy expensive stuff for non-returnable !

Home Depotassistance in window treatment

I was in Home Depot, Nashville, TN. The store on Briley Parkway in Madison, TN. I went into the section looking for assistance in getting some vertical blinds installed. The store employee in that section clearly saw me. His name is Ben. He quite smoothly disappeared <
                      into another area of the store. I kept browsing, thinking he would return. First, he saw I was
                      African American, So, he surely did not return. Home Depot employees are notorious for their racial prejudice in assisting black customers. I have noticed this for a long time now. I will be going to Lowes for my blinds. This guy was paged to help me. He pretended he did not understand what I was explaining to him; he was clearly peeved he had to wait on me. I was really taken aback. He said, well someone will need to come out and measure your blinds and you cannot schedule that tonight. It was Sunday evening around 6:30pm. He said, I will take your name and have someone call you tomorrow. It is two days later, noone has called. This is really sad business and buyer beware. Shop at Lowes. They are much more customer friendly. This old white guy needs to take his racial hate someplace else. He is losing money for Home Depot.

Home Depot — in store music

I was shopping at Home Depot looking at some plumbing fittings and noticed that the music was in Spanish...