Having problems with Home Depot?

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

Complaints & Reviews

roof ripoff

I had my roof installed by Home Depot in 2007. The sales person at Home Depot offered me several packages to...

1 comment Southampton Roofing

refuses to honor promised refund!

In May of this year I purchased 14 boxes of Santos Mahogany Hardwood flooring from the Gig Harbor Home Depot after speaking with 2 different Home Depot employee's about which hardwood product to buy that would withstand my Great Dane and still look good without damage. I was told that this hardwood had a 25 year finish warranty and that the product was regularly in stock so I wouldn't have to worry about coming back to buy more and having the store be out of the product. I re-measured my living rm and later came back to buy 2 more boxes before we even lifted up the existing flooring. The week before Thanksgiving we began laying down the flooring (after ripping up our carpet). As our custom, we were walking the dog outside to use her "bathroom" and upon returning to the house, saw that there was a scratch / damage trail from our bedroom to the front door on the new non-even-fully-installed floor!

This floor was so soft that one trip across the not even completely lain floor was enough to ruin it.

Upset and dismayed, I called the local Gig Harbor store where I purchased the flooring. I spoke with Evelyn Davis, who was wonderful, who indicated that whoever recommended that flooring had mis lead me and I should take the flooring back (both the unopened and opened boxes would be honored as returns she said) and they would give me a cash refund since they misrepresented the product to me.

When I went to the store on Saturday the 4th, Ms. Davis was not in.

The manager on duty, however, refused to provide me with a refund. Instead he issued a "store credit" card and led me back to the flooring section where he indicated that they didn't even have any hardwoods that met my needs. However, I'm still stuck with a worthless "store credit only" card!!

I feel as though they stole nearly $1400 of my hard-earned money as I NEVER would have purchased any flooring from them had they been honest when I specifically asked what product to buy. I could have purchased a different hardwood somewhere that had a hard-enough product for me. I hate laminate and will never put it in my house.

accused of stealing

Paid for flooring products one day. Returned the next day to pick up 34 cases of flooring. This was after receiving a phone call that morning that the flooring was ready to pick up. When we arrived at customer service there was some confusion about our receipt not being the proper receipt for pick up. Well this was the receipt that was given to us by a home depot employee. An employee behind the customer service desk made this comment. How do we know that you did not already take this home and came back for more. The salesman who helped my daughter the day before made this comment. I know she did not leave the store with this product. After one hour and half of total confusion trying to locate my 34 boxes of flooring, mind you paid cash for. I was told by the assistant manager billy " your not going to like me but I need to review our video camera tapes to see what happened o the flooring. I told them what happened to flooring was not my concern. I have a receipt you have the product. I received a phone call this morning stating the flooring was ready to pick up and I would like to pick it up. Well it the situation became worse. The manager garregt would not release the flooring until he reviewed the video tapes. Because we don't know what happened to the flooring. With accusations that I already picked up the flooring. I felt humiliated and disrespected. I'm a long time customer of Home Depot
with an account. They can find me They know where I live. I went home empty handed with feelings of distrust, disgruntle and humiliated. Thanks Home Depot Auburn Ca. Your customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

no customer service

I have been trying to get info on these products from "Hamptom Bay" an apparent house brand for "Home Depot" which is not stated anywhere, as is a phone or website with the info that comes with the items in the store. Apparently the Customer Service desk at Home Depot either doesn't know this is a house brand, or refuses to let it be known.

Unfortunately the phone number provided goes to "Home Depot Customer Support, " which might be good, but it is an automated system, and when left running for more than 5 hours, NEVER picked up, just kept repeating the same recording for several choices (none which were appropriate).

rude employees

A gentleman named Kevin that worked in appliances answered the phone. In getting the details of what I wa...

washer & dryer delivery

Do not ever buy from Home Depot! We have been a week with no washer and dryer and still no delivery date in the future. On November 20th we placed a telephone order with Home Depot major appliances for a washer and dryer. At that time we were given a delivery dates of 11/26/10. On 11/24/10 a confirmation automated call was received at 5:15 pm indicating delivery was scheduled on 11/26/10 between 8:30 am and 12:30 pm. On 11/26/10 at 8:15 am a call was received from the delivery company stating they had not received the washer and dryer, the earliest delivery date would be 11/29/10. It is now 11/29/10 and we have not received any telephone calls regarding if the washer and dryer is going to be delivered. Once we had received the original delivery confirmation, we disconnected the washer and dryer and donated them... it has now been 5 days with no appliances. Numerous calls to Home Depot have resulted in nothing, so far they have passed the buck to LG and to the delivery company. I realize I am a small fish but the lack of customer service is unacceptable.

• Rh
    RHT Jan 12, 2011

Did you finally receive your appliance? When? I have orderd during late November, and I have going thru exactly what you had gone thru. Every 1-2 week, another extension, latest is January end.

electric stove

Our GE Adora electric oven works most of the time, but on the convection roast setting, it frequently turns itself off. After you've turned it back on once or twice, it will usually (but not always) work properly. It's a pain in the neck to babysit one's oven! And why doesn't GE even mention the Adora brand on it's website? It's like it doesn't exist!

won't spin clothes

We had owned this washer for a few months and the spin cycle never worked right. I had GE come out and they said the filter needed to be cleaned. It still didn't work right after that. It never spun the clothes good and they took forever to dry. Now it won't ring them out at all. Horrible washer and Ge is not Helping.

deactivated my $952 store credit card

i did a return for $952 at this store in simi valley, ca. i had all my receipts for this return and for some...

terrible service

We were in the paint dept. to purchase some paint.I looked for the paint I wanted but didn't see it.There was two other people standing there and without a hello or how are you "I'm busy at the moment and i'll be with you in a few mins."He was putting stock away and using the computor.We have had other occasions of the same sort.We ended up going to Rona for some excellent service.We are now going to go where the service is great. The person who was on the desk was your department manager.Ironic isn't it. Sept 29/2010 approx.9.45am.

• Valerie Oct 07, 2008

Two years ago I purchased a fridge with extended warranty from Home Depot. Sixteen days ago my fridge stopped working. It took a full 12 days for them to get the right info in their computer system, then they sent a GE repairman instead of Maytag, which is the brand I have. I'm insisting that I need my fridge fixed or replaced, while they insist that it's not their fault. They apparently have no intention whatsoever to rectify the situation. How much longer do I have to wait? I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from them again! Looks like I spent $1500 on a paperweight!

• Ha
    Harold May 01, 2009

just a simple vent here - bought a screen door- upon installation, noticed a few pieces were broke. went back to store to see the door guy who if you ever bought a door at depot know that they sit at computers and play solitare all day... the guy acts as if im ruining his day by telling him my problem, then tells me he is about to go to lunch and the anderson rep will be here in a few minutes, speak to him - WOW.

Well the anderson rep was there already and helped me right away. at least some people are still glad to have jobs.

• Xa
    Xaliff Jan 18, 2010

I normally get decent service at the Home Depot in Grafton near me, but after how they upset my 72 year old mother today, I just may go to Menards in West Bend or Fleet Farm.

Quite simply, my mother bought a replacement kitchen faucet sprayer from Home Depot and had asked me to come over and install it. I got over to discover some small amount of lime deposits on the supposedly new item. When I asked where she got it she mentioned home Depot in Grafton. I told her it looked as if it had been used.

After trying to install the sprayer discovering it did not work, I asked her to return it. Since she had thrown the receipt in the kitchen trash earlier in the day, I told her not to worry about digging for it and that she could get an in-store credit.

After arriving at the store the attendant gave her a very difficult time and had implied she was lying. What had obviously happened now thinking it through, is another customer either pulled a " bait and switch" in the store with an old sprayer or it was returned to the shelf (which HD said they don't do).

Either way, the HD made some accusations about my mother that I am very unhappy with. I will consider other stores in the future now and hope others will do the same. In this economy we are in and entering, customer service had better be more in the forefront of store managers and the employees minds in which they train and hire.

If you must shop at HD, inspect what you are buying very very closely would be my advice.

• HomeDepot_Care Jan 26, 2010

Hi,
    This is Michael from Home Depot Customer Care, I am sorry to hear about your experience went with our associate. I would like to hear more, please send an email to [email protected] and I will be glad to look into it.

Michael
    Atlanta, GA 30339

• Jl
    jlh281 Apr 07, 2010

You should have called and told the store manager.. bad customer service is a terminable offense.. Customer service is our number one priority and if you receive service such as this.. get their name and tell someone..

• Al
    Allan22 Oct 14, 2010

its home depot - they make 7 or 8 bucks an hour - what do you expect. try asking them for help next time or go elsewhere and stop your whining.

credit department

because prior billing got lost in moving adress.
next billingshowed minimum amount due 465.00
due date 102310
with a new balance of3320.19, what i paid in full101210
acharge at home depot got denyed
after calling and talking to the credit department{justin dzb}
i got explained that the priorpast due 179.00 should have been
paid first.that was nowhere stated in my billing
he said he could not do anything, but i could try customer service
at home depot, the #he gave me was wrong
after finding the right # i was told not to question them about it
bacause it should be handled by citibank...

geert meyling

[protected]@sbcglobal.net

TinzleyCare Oct 13, 2010

Geert, I'm Tinzley with Home Depot's Customer Care Department. I read your post and would like to make our credit services department aware of this. Can you send an email to [email protected]? Thanks!

Home Depot Customer Care
    Atlanta GA 30339

put the wrong shingles on my roof

Home Depot at Home Services installed a roof on my house 6 years ago. I bought the top-of-the-line Timberline Ultra lifetime shingles. They made a mistake and installed a thinner lower quality shingle (the Timerline 30 year shingle).

My insurance company recently caught the error after the roof was totaled in a hail storm. After a month of calling I have been unable to get Home Depot to come and look at the roof and the GAF (shingle manufacturer) inspector will not come look at it either. GAF issues the warranty for Timberline shingles installed by Home Depot, guaranteeing proper installation and protection against material defects, etc. So far, GAF has said that putting the wrong shingles on my house does not qualify as "misapplication".

The first time I called Home Depot about this issue they stated that their records indicated that the thinner 30 year shingle was installed on my roof. I told them that I paid for the thicker lifetime shingle so they pulled the original paperwork from archives. The original paperwork shows that the contract was for the thick Timberline Ultra lifetime shingles and they have paper that shows they paid their distributor for the thick Timberline Ultras so now Home Depot is taking the position that the thick shingles are on my roof, despite the inconsistencies in their records, despite the determination by my insurance company that the shingles are a 30 year thickness, and despite the fact that neither Home Depot nor GAF has come back to my roof to take a look.

My insurance company will only replace my totaled roof with a thin 30 year shingle because that is what is on my roof. I want thick lifetime shingles on my house because that is what I originally paid for. Home Depot and GAF are trying to avoid responsibility for this mistake. If they had installed the thick Timerline Ultra lifetime shingles that I contracted for then the roof may not even have been totaled in the first place.

A HUGE mistake (or possibly fraud) by Home Depot's roofers and after a month of dealing with them I can tell that they are only concerned about their own skins. Nobody will help me.

• HomeDepot_Care Sep 29, 2010

Hi,

My name is Sheronda and I am with the Home Depot Customer Care department. I apologize for the experience that you've had with your roof and would like to investigate this for you. Please email me the details to [email protected] Thank you.

Sheronda
    Social Media Specialist
    Atlanta, GA 30339
    [email protected]

missed installation date-still waiting

I ordered Silestone countertops for my kitchen in July. Home Depot's contract says approx. 21 days for installation.

I still don't have an installation date. I get a lot of excuses but still no date. I did my part to be prepared on time and am now living with a ripped up kitchen and having a GC waiting to finish the job. Can't schedule a plumber or finishing! Promises, promises but nothing.

I have done everything I could including contacting the fabricator. Why are we charged before an installation date? Are they making the Silestone themselves and chiseling it? Makes the entire experience very disappointing. Don't get sucked into HD's "promos". You will pay for it with delays.

lost store credit card - hd will not re-issue

First: I have spent over $10, 000 at the HomeDepot in Ashburn, VA over the past year. From now on, I will...

terrible customer service

My 15 month old power washer had the Detergent Suction Assembly break the second time I used it this summer. The store where I purchased it showed total disinterest, and hid behind the fact that the warranty had just expired.

I ordered the part on the Internet on July 14th, 2010. Home Depot charged my Visa on July15th, 2010.

Today is August 18th, and after repeated calls and emails to them, I still do not have the part.

Do not buy their power washers. Shop elsewhere. They do not stand behind their products. And there is no "service" in their "customer service!"

• Mj
    mjshuster Aug 20, 2010

i am the author of the above complaint. i wish to retract the complaint. it turns out that Home Depot (FNA) DID ship the part, but the mail drop where it was sent, did NOT phone me to tell me the part had arrived. the part sat there from july 27th to august 20th.

lacks good customer service

I should have read the complaints about Home Depot's special orders before I placed one. I'm now one of the mad customers dealing with rude managers in the store. They just don't care about the customer. My order was late. It took Corporate to get invoved to make them move on getting the delivery to me. Then, the first part of the order arrives damaged. I'm still waiting on the second part and now the replacement part. It's never ending.

At first I thought the store manager was being nice in giving me his cell phone to contact him for help. Now, I realize he never intended to actually answer it. He screens his calls and has someone else call me back. It's classless and shows poor service. It's no wonder store 6326 has such rude manager. They are learning from their Store Manager, Ruben Rodriguez. Stay away from the Home Depot in Weston, FL. We'll be remodeling our next bathroom with Lowes!

TinzleyCare Aug 17, 2010

Hi, I'm Tinzley with Home Depot's Customer Care Team. Have you received the rest of your order? Please send an email with your order number to [email protected]

carpet purchase complaint

I am writing this on July 28, 2010.

It all started 3 years ago when we moved to Durango and bought our townhome. Bought carpet at Home Depot. Waited the 3 weeks for it to get here only to find out they forgot to place the order.

3 weeks later it finally comes, installers do a HORRIBLE job (i.e. ripples across the living room and the carpet doesn't even meet the walls on the stairs. They also tore up all our walls during intallation. Had to repaint a newly painted townhome all over again. We then find out the Mohawk brand carpet has started to delaminate during the installation. We have to start over again. We get Home Depot to agree on giving us a a free upgrade.

Three more weeks later, new carpet comes, gets installed, but installers leave our brand new mattress/boxspring out on the deck in the pouring rain. It takes a battle and an act of God with HD and the installers to get them to replace them.

3 years later (present day) the upgraded carpet is now already falling apart. Home Depot contacts the manufacturer (Mohawk) who agrees to send out an inspector to examine our carpet. After a three hour inspection and then waiting another week to hear from Home Depot, it is determined that yes, our carpet does need to be replaced under warranty. This approval process takes approximately 30 days from start to finish.

We agree on a new carpet and have Home Depot order it. After double-checking, triple checking, and quadruple checking the colors (three shades) and the measurements, the replacement carpet gets ordered.

Three weeks later (this morning) the installers show up with the carpet...but again...another screw-up! We ordered three shades of the same carpet (dark shade for entry way, medium shade for main living area, and lightest shade for the bedrooms). They cut the wrong shades in the wrong sizes...so now they have to reorder AGAIN and we get to wait ANOTHER three weeks!

We find it to be simply unbelievable that something so simple can get get so messed up so MANY times!!! Home Depot has had more than their fair share of opportunities to make this situation right...but it continues to be the WORST of experiences. We simply want to spread the word to help others avoid getting into the same kind of EXTREMELY STRESSFUL situation that we've had to experience.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

• Ul
    Ultimateace Aug 14, 2010

Merfmonster,
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. On the upside it sounds like you will be getting new carpet and compared to the hassle of having to again tear your house apart 3 times now, the thousands of dollars you save may not be a terrible thing. Home Depot should do better jobs at customer service, and I particularly encourage consumer to use the local retail shops for flooring based on the fact that most times they are comparable in price and offer better service. (although the financing is more readily available at the depot) I hope you get your floors soon and that they last longer this time

online orders

I will never order online from HD again! I waited 2+ weeks for an order that was supposed to ship 2-5 days after placing. Furthermore, after trying to cancel the shipment, they finally contact and say it has already shipped! I needed this product asap, was in the middle of remodeling, so I decided I would just take it once it arrived. When it arrived, it was damaged!!! HD said I would have to re-order and do a full return for the damaged pieces. And wait another 2-3 weeks. Bad, bad, bad. I will stick to Lowe's. After reading these and other horror stories online, I will never do business with them again!!!

TinzleyCare Aug 03, 2010

I'm Tinzley with Home Depot Customer Care; I apologize about this and would like to make it up to you. Can you send an email with your order information to [email protected] ?

• Pa
    Patti Miller Apr 24, 2012

I too will never order again from Home Depot on line. It has been over two weeks since I placed an order with them for a sink and I still do not have it. I have called the customer service center numerous times and keep getting the run around. I was told it would be 5 to 7 days when I ordered it and I am now fully frustrated. I have been told it was shipped then told it was not shipped (warehouse error) and could not get a UPS shipping number until today. It is Wednesday and I have been told it will now arrive on the following Monday (4 more days) What gives? Does anyone care about the customer and getting the product to them? I can't trust any of the people I talk to at Home Depot customer service on line to give a truthful and honest answer. I don't think I will get my refund back either... I think I will be sending a letter to the State Attorney General on this one.

display

Prices for boards 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x10 and 1x12's are on the display board two inches off the floor, (2") they state 1x4 x8ft $2.35 and the type is this small. you get on the floor at 70 years old and try to get your bifocals to see the prices. you will all get old some day and it will be your turn I have complained to a lot of people ther at this store they tell me to submit to the web site this has been going on for over a year and this is the third e-mail to you at home depot who never get this straightened out. the store manager has ever pointed me to get the computer and send in a complaint. to who? no one listens. this store is not elderly or eye site impaired friendly in this department.

my yard is total ugly, disastrous mess of bare spots and yellow patches

Last year I purchased 30 rolls of sod from Home Depot . For the first three weeks the sod looked fabulous. Then yellow spots began appearing all over my yard. I researched the problem and then asked the people at Home Depot who confirmed it was a fungus. I bought fungicide from the Home Depot and applied as directed. The lawn got worse. I was told to rip up the sod and bring it back which of course at that point was an impossible task. This spring I ripped up the 30 rolls of sod, fertilized and reseeded. There are patches in the yard now where grass will not grow no matter what I do. Now, despite another application of fungicide the fungus is back. My yard is total ugly dissterous mess of bare spots and yellow patches. Thanks Home Depot.