Having problems with Home Depot?

Home Depot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 14, 2006. The latest review They owe me money was posted on Sep 17, 2021. The latest complaint Samsung dishwasher appliance was resolved on Mar 12, 2021. Home Depot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1637 reviews. Home Depot has resolved 222 complaints.

Home Depot Customer Service Contacts

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Depot Complaints & Reviews, Page 61

Home Depot — behr paint/stain rebate scam!!!

Purchased 1 gallon of paint and 1 gallon of stain back in early June and was given 2 rebate forms to submit...

Hampton Bay/Home Depot7 piece posada outdoor patio set

We received the product in April, since then we have contacted Home Depot on several occasions via phone and email. We even sent pictures of the damage items.
The table had a piece of film missing and they put a piece of tape over it but it should have been exchanged for a new table top. We purchased it new and it came in like a second hand piece. Home Depot's solution was to send us paint to fix the problem. Two of the chairs had damage on them and again the solution was to send paint.
We are now into September with no real answer to having them fix the problem. This is a very frustrating situation.

Home Depotdelivery service to home

This is the second delivery issue I have had with Home Depot in the past two months. I have a ten pound lifting restriction due to a medical condition. I am willing to pay the delivery charge, but, I must also asked family and friends to assist with getting the delivery item into my home.

The first was a damaged, torn box and missing parts for an arbor for my daughters wedding. I had to return the arbor to the store due to the extensive damage. I had to get some one to assist with placing the item in my vehicle and did not receive any assistance from the Home Depot staff in the parking lot (they could not be located).

The second order is a 40 foot ladder with a total sales price of over $500. I was informed by the delivery Co. that the ladder would be delivered on Friday, September 9th between Noon and 5 PM. I was to receive a phone call when the driver was 30 minutes away from my home.

At approx. 4:50 PM, I called customer service which was busy for over 10 minutes. I decided to use LIVE CHAT and after several apologies and cals to Falcon delivery, our live chat was disconnected at 5:55 PM.

A little after 6 PM, I received a phone call from someone indicating that the ladder was not placed on the truck. However, after an apology, I was asked what time on Monday Falcon could deliver the ladder. I told the rep it had to be after 5PM due to the need to reschedule my son to assist me with putting the ladder away at my home. She ind. that I would receive a phone call RIGHT Back. I never received a follow up phone call.

Today, at 8:30 AM, I called SEKO who transferred me to Falcon. I was told it was very difficult to deliver to my rural location from Beltsville (due to rush hour traffic and the driver having to get back in the evening), however, they asked what day was I available and indicated I would receive a phone call within an hour to reschedule.

My point is, what about me having to reschedule my work, reschedule assistance at my home and my inconvenience (wait around for 4 hours and no one calls or shows up at my home on Friday). I am the customer and should not have to cater to the need for the delivery Co to get back to Beltsville.

Home Depot customer service should handle these issues. It should only take one phone call to one company. HD should be catering to the customer no the other way around.

Us Installation Group And Home Depotcarpet flooring

This company is awful!! My measure date was 8/10 its two small rooms. They did one room then had to come back and do the other. Its now 9/8 and they are doing the second room today. I had it booked for yesterday, I booked it over a week ago. No one came yesterday, when I called and asked why no one has been out they said they do not have me on the schedule for today. The manager called me this morning and gave me a estimated time of arrival. He asked me was there furniture in the room I said yes, Home depot said USIG will move it. So I confirmed with the manager that yes there is furniture, very little furniture but there is some in there. The tec arrived on site, ONE tec and said he is not moving the furniture. He has now left the job and I am waiting for someone else to arrive?? Awful!

HomeDepot — scanned your items too many times

I lived in FL and went to a HomeDepot in NY to help my mom fixed her apartment. In a hurry and talking to my...

Home Depot, Pittsburgh, PAsiding installation

Shoddy workmanship and no follow-up: piece of siding fell off after 5 years, so well below the average siding life length. Called for service, someone called back next day, and was scheduled a few days after that for 1:00 p.m. Contractor did not arrive by 1:30, nor 1:40, so I called and left my exact name, address and phone number--still no call back by 2:00 p.m. Called Home Depot, who attempted to reach contractor...who then called me at the same time...claimed he arrived 12:00 p.m. Yes, one hour early, BUT he left no note, no message--no call ahead that he was coming. After two more calls to try to get this rescheduled via HD, nothing.

DO NOT HAVE HOME DEPOT DO ANY CONTRACTING WORK FOR YOU--SHODDY, POOR CONTRACTORS, AND NO FOLLOWUP WHEN ISSUES!!!

Home Depot — hampton bay dragonfruit red patio umbrella

Don’t by Hampton Bay products from HomeDepot. I have been a loyal HomeDepot shopper for EVER. At my previou...

Chilliwack

Home Depot CA1.5 cu ft haier - portable top loading washer

AFTER being routed through a number of departments, I was informed that Home Depot doesn't offer the extended warranty to the $399 washing machine that I ordered online through their website. I believe that all companies should offer extended warranties to customers - whether the purchase was online or bought in store.
          I can in fact buy a toaster, in store, and get the extended warranty.
          A further explanation from HOME DEPOT - this $399 product is classified as a small appliance - hence no extended warrantee. BUT it truly was because the product was from HAIER - and not from LG or SAMSUNG.
          SHAME ON YOU - Home Depot. Had I known at the time of purchase that the company would not offer the extended warranty on the $399 purchase - I WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THAT PURCHASE.

I would appreciate that either I can return the product and get my money refunded or the Company offer the extended warranty.

Home Depot — behr paint rebate credit card

Purchased over 15 gallons of paint when there was a promotional rebate from Home Depot. Took 6 weeks to...

Home Depotappliance order

I ordered a refrigerator online and paid for an ice maker to be installed as well. Installer came and installed unit and left water line sitting in a vase behind the fridge. No phone call. There was also a dent on the fridge. When you call to complain you get the runaround by a dispatching delivery group. I was forwarded to file a claim with their insurance company. I was also told I would be issued a damage credit. Nothing, nada, zero. I have spent several hours of my time pursuing a resolution and not even a refund for the ice maker unit that was never installed. Poor service, and a bad experience.

Home Depotwindows

One of our newly installed windows (installed on 4/21/16) failed to function on 6/13/16. It no longer stays in place when the window is open. I called Home Depot [protected]) and was assured I would receive a return call in less than 2 days. I called again on 6/17/16 and then again 6/24/16 to check to see if I may have missed a call. On 7/11/16 I tried one more time to find out if we were in the queue for repair and was told once again I would receive a call in two days. On 7/14 I sent an email to the installation manager and the sales consultant explaining that I thought waiting over a month for a return call was excessive. It is now one week later and no call or email to notify us how this "lifetime warranty" was going to be handled.
              Job # 9041096

RESOLVED

Finally, after a few more emails, one of Home Depot representatives took the time to listen to our explanation of the problem. He came out and within two minutes the problem was resolved.

• Jc
                  J & C Ward Jul 19, 2016

These gentleman kept saying they wanted us to be happy. Product failure doesn't make us happy.

The Home Depot — behr marquee paint

Case # [protected] When we bought the paint we were told that it would cover the wall in one coat. We bought 2...

Home Depotbait and switch on ad for scotts bark mulch

Ad on line for Scotts bark mulch for $2 a bag was good until 7/10/16 but changed somewhere between 7/6 and 7/8 as it disappeared from the online
                ad and store employees played dumb on the subject .
                Did not get my bark there nor will I ever again .
                I do have an act with Home Depot from about a month ago but will never be using it ...

Home Depot11 ft solar powered umbrella / sliding crank sleeve break

I have had same experience as the priors.
                  We travel a lot during summer, so don't use the umbrella that much and is kept out of the elements in our garage when not being used.
                  We honestly have opened it maybe 4-5 times and when we did for this Father's Day, the sliding crank sleeve cracked and broke. I know things happen, but as long as someone stands by their product and/or can assist in anyway, that's what matters. But in this case, they not only did not help or stand by their product (which was definitely a design flaw, because the new models now being sold are clearly changed in that area of the umbrella), they don't even make or have the part for me to buy and salvage the $300 unit, which is now trash.
                  Would not buy or deal with any Hamptonbay product just from a customer service stand point.

Tuff Shed & Home Depot — two sheds

We bought 2 barn sheds over 3 months ago. Paid over $8000. Neither shed is complete. Absolute horrible...

Home Depotroof

I am having a roof replaced in Ft Myers, Fl(lead # 8909123)
                    The contract was signed on 1/21/2016. A month went by, then two month,
                    then a nice gentleman from your Atlanta office called to inform me that Home Depot could not get a contractor to replace my roof .
                    The apology came with a $500.00 gift card, .Well I was upset and stressed. And a gift card would replace my roof.
                    Two or three weeks later Ben calls to inform me that they found a contractor who he informed me was exultant, I research them to verify that they had insurance and licence, etc;
                    Still it the project didn't get started till April 11, and now it is May 26 and its still not complete. Yet your people say it is complete yet on Friday the county inspector came and failed the final roof inspection and when he was on my roof he tore off a section of shingles . Now I am told the roof is finished, and thus you have billed me for the job and I am missing shingles.
                    Now I
                    have had two crews walk off the job. The Sky lite was the wrong size which was not determined to after they (the roofers) tore the old one off and threw it in the dumpster.that took an extra few with out a sky lite, Also the wrong color drip edge . Now I have a Octagon house, and so does my neighbor . My neighbor roof was also being replaced also an Octagon roof, that roofer started on 5/16 and was completed and had its final inspection on 5/20. Now I want my roof complete I demand at least 50% off of this bill ! And my roof finished before leave, my job is out of state I have lost three weeks of work due to this nightmare!

Hampton Baysolar cantilever umbrella

I purchased a Hampton Bay Solar Cantilever Umbrella. It is in perfect working order. However, the handle crack and split after very low use. The handle is made of plastic and is not suited well to this product. I called the company for replacement parts and was told I am out of luck and my warranty is up. This product was purchased at the Home Depot. We have been very loyal customers there for years. The umbrella was upwards of 900 dollars Canadian. I am furious with the Home Depot and this will be the last they see of our support. I will be completing major construction on my home in the next year. You Loose Home Depot. Do yourself a favor...don't buy this umbrella. Consumer complaints next stop.

• Kr
                          Kris D. Jun 08, 2017

I had my exact same umbrella less than a year. 10 mph wind and a rib broke. They do NOT offer replacement ribs. New Umbrella top costs $120.00 and another $80.00 for shipping. Hampton Bay will never see another purchase from me. NOT HAPPY!!!

• Re
                          reneemckimmons Aug 14, 2016

we bought a hampton bay solar 11ft umbrella from home depot and we also had the handle that lifts up and down to extend the whole unit break in half. they hesitantly replaced it was same as you a day before warrenty was up. I has done it again only the metal handle ripped straight up the center, the handle, like a can that opened up and dropped the umbrella to the ground. out rageous. and i will be calling hampton bay monday

Home DepotI had a horrible experience with the rental tool service.

One of the staff members recommended a 15A ampacity rated electric pressure washer to me, and so I rented it. When I took it home and tried to plug it into two of my outlets, the circuit breakers tripped both times. So I went back to Home-Depot and asked a staff for a full refund but he refused to do so, and only offered me a 50% refund. They plugged the pressure washer into their circuit over at Home-Depot and it worked fine there, but that wasn’t my point. The problem was that the tool didn’t work in my home as like general customer, and it damaged my circuit breaker. I thought that they should’ve given me a full refund.

Home Depot — kitchen remodel

My complaint is with the kitchen installers Home Depot St.Petersburg uses for their kitchen remodels, Total...

Home Depot — unfair billing practices

My husband has been a Home Depot credit card holder for many years. Last year, he had an incident at the...