Having problems with Home Depot?

Home Depot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 14, 2006. The latest review unautorized credit card charges was posted on Oct 20, 2021. The latest complaint Samsung dishwasher appliance was resolved on Mar 12, 2021. Home Depot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1655 reviews. Home Depot has resolved 222 complaints.

Home Depot Customer Service Contacts

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Depot Complaints & Reviews, Page 43

Home Depotonline orders and the pro desk

I placed a online order and received a confirmation that it was ready. I went to homedepot and rented a truck to transport my order. I ended up waiting an hour and a half and order still wasn't ready. I couldn't get any assistance from pro desk and they were very rude and ignorant. I've spent a lot of money in the Vineland nj store and always have problems at this location at its pro desk. Long story short, I canceled my order and returned the truck.

Home Depotspecial order flooring

We ordered Allure vinyl flooring on 03/29/18. We were told it would arrive in 7 to 10 days, and we had an estimated arrival date of 4/10/18. We called several days before the 10th to find out that the arrival date had changed to 4/15/18, which is a Sunday. No one had bothered to reach out to us. This flooring was for a rental home, which we based the terms of the lease with new tenants on this date. Beginning Friday, 4/13/18, we attempted to find out exactly where the truck was that was carrying our product so we could let the renters know how many more days it would be to expect the flooring. No one could tell us whether the flooring was in Maine or almost to Texas. We needed to know this information so we could cancel the order, if need be. The order arrived Monday, 4/16/18. This has been a financial loss in excess of $300 for us due to no intake of rent since there are no floors in the house! We spoke with Jason in the shipping department of store #0527 in Plano, TX. My husband asked if there is anything that could be done to help us in this situation. Jason was extremely defensive from the beginning, stating that he had already checked the 7 to 10 business days and that Home Depot was compliant with that. From purchase date of 03/29/18, 10 business days would be Thursday, April 12th! (Not Monday, April 16th.)

We have been customers of Home Depot for many years and have spent an enormous amount of money with them. We own 12 homes and frequently replace flooring and all the other things that come with rental homes. We would like to continue doing business with Home Depot and hope someone in management reaches out to us.

Patrick and Marisa George

Home Depotservice in garden department

I was in the garden department at Home Depot and there was four workers there in the front near the register of talking and having a good old time chit-chatting drinking their drinks and I was asking them about a buying a pallet of grass nobody knew how to do it went to the service desk there was nobody there nobody there knew how to do it so went back to the Garden area and still the lady called up nobody's answering let me check out this person I'll get back to you it's just unbelievable!

Home Depot — faulty werner 40' aluminum extension ladder

I'm a general contractor and owner of a small construction company. I purchased 3 40' Aluminum extension...

Home Depot in Las Crucesoutside storages

I went to Home Depot on 4/8/18 and the girls at customer services new nothing about the storage rooms outside.
        No matter what question I asked... they were rude and when I asked for management-- they were out to lunch or no one was there.

I call on Tuesday 4/11/18 to the store to file a complaint and the manager Matt
        who stated that he was the complaint manager - he took my complaint- apologized and stated he would get my questions answered.
        He stated that he knew who the girls were and would talk to them.
        He also stated he would call me back... and as of today
        He hasn't even called or nothing

I am very disappointed and will Never shop there
        I will buy my storage room at Lowes... a lot more knowledgeable and not rude.

Home Depotonline delivery

I'm writing to let you know I will never order another product from your company on line .every piece of furniture I bought from you recently was damaged I had to return the first desk I received was damaged returned to the store reorder it the second one was damaged didn't realize it was damaged until after I put it together order my daughter a vanity witch also was damaged still haven't put her new bed together yet but willing to bet its probably damaged .I will also be sure to let my family and friends no about my experience. Unhappycustomer

Home Depotonline order

I placed an online order back in February 2018 for a door. Once the order was placed I was informed that the estimated delivery dates would be between April 19 through April 24 of 2018 for an in-store pick up. I always check my emails every day multiple times a day to get status updates. In March my order still said Pending status so I called the customer service number and was told that the manufacture custom makes each door that is ordered. I check my email today & still no shipment email instead my order is now in BACKORDER status!!! This has happened numerous times that I have placed online orders. Furthermore I ordered a vanity for my Bathroom remodel and one of my three bathrooms and lo and behold my vanities that was last night on back order not damage completely lost! Needless to say I will never order through Home Depot ever again whether online or shop there personally. If it were to not affect my credit report for closing my Home Depot card I would do so.

Home Depotlumber, hardware, etc

Do not go to home depot on mccain blvd in north little rock, ar garden center. You have the rudest old lady in customer service you ever want to meet. No, wait, you don't want to meet. You will be looking stupid standing there for her to ask you if you need some help finding anything... This is what she says, "whadda you need"!!!
              Verrrry hateful. I do not discriminate to no one. But when the other race came in, she literally broke her neck to assist them. Look, I spend my money just like they did and... Should've been treated equally. She is bad business for home depot. Lets get rid of the negative and rehire the positive

Home Depotrange

Went to the amsterdam ny home depot store on April 6th. Ordered and paid for a whirlpool 5 burner gas stove. Stove was delivered today and arrived without a propane converter and manual. I called and the manager is on the proverbial lunch hour. Customer care number isn't much help and we need the store managers approval to return it. Supposedly the conversion kit comes with the stove. I will never shop at home depot again.

range

Home Depot — carpet install

Purchased a carpet install from this location, 3 weeks ago. The carpet was special order. When received they...

Home Depotbathtub order/pick up

We went to Home Depot on March 31st. We ordered a bath tub & paid in full that day. We were asked "what day would you like to pick it up?" We said monday 4/2. We were told that it would be ready. My husband went to pick it up on 4/2, we also live over an hour away from this homedepot. When he got there they told him nobody had ordered a tub for pick up that day. They assured us that they would place the order and it would be in by 4/6. We gave them until 4/9, and called to see if it was ready for pick up. They told us that it had failed to be ordered again. I find this service to be completly unacceptable. Somebody flat out failed to there job, & deserve a serious repremand if not more.

Home Depot — I sent an online 11% rebate

I sent a rebate on 2 wood bedroom doors for 11% . Steve Bromirski was an excellent employee and deserve...

Home Depot Deliverydishwasher

5 visits scheduled. One dishwasher delivered but improperly installed. First scheduled visit to fix: no show. Second appointment to fix: no show. Third appointment - he arrived! But was missing a part. The notes on his work order mentioned nothing about the actual work required so he was not prepared. He said he would get the part and come the next day. This visit was not scheduled through Home Depot and of course he did not come. I called and was told he would come the next day (Saturday) I was called at 6:44 and told he would arrive in half an hour. I washed my face and got dressed. The dog and I waited. And waited. At 8 I sat by the front door because our doorbell is LOUD and I didn't want my husbands sleep disturbed. I called after another ten minutes or so. On their way! I was told. How long? I pressed. Twenty minutes. 10:30 I called again and was told he had come at 7:15 and no one was home. He knocked for 15 minutes and gave up. Um. No. First, we have a doorbell. And it is LOUD. And second I have a dog who gets real loud when anyone comes to the door. Now they are scheduled to come Tuesday. I don't even know what to think at this point. It's been a part time job here and I have spent several days wasted - a couple without a shower. Add to that the time I have spent on hold and I need to figure an hourly rate. The dishwasher might be very cheap indeed.

Respond

Home Depotrude, unhelpful employees at ohio store

Lewis center, ohio, store on owenfield drive. Horrible the way they treat customers. Especially the flooring department — if there is even anyone nearby to ask, they make it clear that customers are nothing but an annoyance. The cashiers and the guys working in lumber are usually nice, but god help you if you want to buy windows, doors, hardware, or flooring. Today I needed to buy a piece of vinyl flooring, and after being ignored by the two older guys sitting at the desk, I politely asked for help "when you have a chance," but the guy didn't want to move a loaded pallet that was in the way of the rolls of flooring so he literally said he couldn't reach it so sorry. No suggestions of something else that might work, no suggestion that I come back after they got someone to move the pallet, nothing thigh. Just a "sorry" and he went back to his desk. I have been completely ignored while waiting to buy flooring several times (maybe because I am a woman?) but this is the first time they have actually refused to sell me something! Unbelievable.
                      I've spent tens of thousands of dollars in this store over the past decade, and their service has only gotten worse. I live super close to this store so I don't want to drive all the way to lowe's, but wow, it's awful. So frustrating.

Home Depotcredit card

I went to check my account on line and was told that my account was closed.i been using my credit card for about 15 years or more and now you treat me like crap.i have a problem every since I had to replace my first card and now this happens. I had to apply for a new card I hope I get approved if not im going else where.please fix this I would like to stay.it started out the store would always contact company to get approval. why is this.that is very embossing waiting in line to purchase an item and have to wait for store to approve it.i hope you can fix this. I really like shopping at home depot

Home Depot — veterans discount program

When I heard that you offered a discount to military veterans, I took a snapshot of my DD214 to use as proof...

Home Depotpoor customer service rental clerk

Morning of 3-30-18 (6am) rented post hole digger for day. The rental clerk (tjg2597) was very grumpy, rude, and lazy towards me. Lacks personality and customer service skills. He was unwilling to key in my DL number into system. Insisted on using bar code reader for my llicense. Made me feel like I worked for him instead of he works for the customer. Guy is a real jerk. Might consider training your rental clerks with same customer service training as the rest of the great store associates that work there inside store. United Rentals will get my tool rental needs here forward. I will not rent again from store 6808.

Unsatisfied Customer,

Home Depotcountertop install

Ordered countertops and stated my deadline install was urgent from the beginning. Was promised a speedy install. The installer called me and could not tell me the delivery date of the product. They eventually talked to the distributor and let me know the countertops would be in and installed on Friday, March 30. I called them today to confirm and they told me that Home Depot should have called me and hung up. I did not get any information when I called home depot. The countertops guy, Chris then told me I would have to speak to his manager that was briefed on the issue. The manager, Jonathan then got on the phone and asked me what my name and info was to look up the order. He told me he didn't have any info and would have to call the installer to find out what was going on. I have not recieved any information and am expecting countertops to be installed on Friday.

Home Depot — hostile employee treatment

I was in the garden area yesterday 3/27/18, it was a beautiful day out and the garden area was very busy with...

Home Depot 2558very rude service

I was shopping at store 2558 Monday March 26th. I was trying to locate a pair if wire cutters and I came across an employee by the name of Alyssa she told me which isle to go to find the item. I still could not find the item and spotted her agian and asked her to show me. She rolled her eyes and very impatiently showed me where they were located and walked away. I understand that sometimes you are busy or simply having a bad day but customer service should be number 1. I was so irrated with the way I was treated I left the store did not finish my shopping and have no plans to ever return to that store agian.