Hertzcar rental incident at bwi location... beware!!!

N

First, I am a frequent renter( aleast once per month) A gold rewards member and a flight attendant w/ Southwest Airlines with whom hertz has a relationship with. This had to be the most inconsistent unprofessional experience with hertz by far. I reserved a vehicle for jun 8 until jun 12th a large SUV but soon changed my itinerary to arrive jun 7 at that time using your website tried to change my dates and find my car of choice was not available for the dates I needed. I modified my rental pick up and search to a mid size SUV to one day jun 7 drop off jun 8 and the pick my original res on jun 8. My rental rate for my one day was $96. Not a problem once I arrive at your location I have credit card on file that I was unable to use but proceeded to use my debit card. I encountered Miriam who informed me that your policy has changed which I am aware of. But every other location I have rented from prior to this one has allowed me to rent with my debit card as a form of payment and because I am a gold member has never been an issue. I proceed to share my experiences prior with Miriam. She states that I have to use my credit card on file or not be a gold member with a regular res aleast 24 hours prior at this point to use my debit card. I ask for a manager or supervisor. Once he arrives I proceeded to explain the same situation to him. I rent from hertz all the time, I am a gold rewards member and that I use my debit card for these transactions. I am told he can't do it without 2 forms of Id and a itinerary showing a return flight. No problem but I was insulted standing there in complete uniform with my work Id around my neck with my photo and my drivers license in hand and he asked to see my itinerary to return home. Either I produced one for him to view in my phone. He decides he will do it after telling me it can't be done and there is nothing he can do. Come to find out it is the managers choice to override the system and perform the transaction. How inconsistent and confusing for your frequent customers when 9 locations say no problem and one says no we will not take your debit card on a gold reservation and we can't help you when you have flown out of town to visit family and now you can't get a car. Awesome hertz... Oh but my story get better the he tells me that the car that I wanted originally is now available but for a upgraded fee of $40 more. I am thinking great I get what really wanted and tried to book before and I will pay the extra and I can just keep this same SUV because this is the car I was getting on my future reservation for jun 8 had a cheaper rate of $49 per day. I just needed to modify the cost per day to the rate I had locked in on my future res. I asked the manager and Miriam if I have car I originally wanted and I was supposed to return it the next day and pick up the same car the next night for cheaper was there a way to not have to come back and just apply the rate to the remaining rental days. Sure Miriam stated call rental extensions and they can help you. Let me just say pass the bar from department to person to person is your company speciality. Every person I called passed me around to someone else. Rental extensions couldn't touch future reservations but could charge me $140 per day while was an extra $700 dollars which if I just returned it and take it right back my next 4 days would $215 total. (Do your math that's much more cost effective.) New reservation told me to call the location and supervisor could override it. I call the location and I am routed back to the main extension line.. Apparently, hertz outsourced jobs because people I talked to barely spoke English and the just repeated the same thing over and over to every question I asked. Also, every time I asked for a manager or supervisor they were the highest superior in the building at the time. So I spoke the CEO of hertz corp several times. After getting the run around so much I became dizzy I decide to return to the location and talk to another supervisor on duty and have him or her modify it for me since the night before it was done by the manager on duty and he took my debit card.
I get to the location and Miriam is there yet again and I tell her I took her advice but to no aval and now I need her manager to assist me because I was rerouted to him for remedy by everyone else. He comes out and he is a different manager than the man from the night prior. He states to obvious that I can use my credit card on file or add my debit card to my profile. Also debit cards can't be added to gold profiles. I explain my whole situation and what took place prior the night before and I even had the rental car to prove that it can be done. He refused and Miriam threw the other manager under the bus and said he was not following policy and he was on his own and she was not involved. The unfornate part after all this is I walked away from this with no remedy and it has already been done so many times to help me as a customer do much so that the actual location did it because I had a rental car. Inconsistent and completely unprofessional. I asked could I cancel my gold status and just do a regular rental as a non gold member he said they had to process that it may 24hrs. Worst experience with hertz ever!!! I never rented with anyone else but I had go elsewhere just to complete my trip with a rental car. If this what you get for loyalty you can keep it. I make sure to share my experience with all of my coworkers. Thanks for nothing!