Hertzbilling problems

I recently rented a car from Hertz and had the rental billed to a business credit card. When I got my statement, I saw that Hertz had charged the wrong account. I tried to contact Hertz repeatedly using both their web site and phone service. Trying to get to the Billing department was a nightmare! I called at least 4 times, was but on hold for over 30 minutes each time and when I actually got a live person, I was transferred to another number and placed on hold again for over 45 minutes.

No one could assist me, being told over and over again that it was "Billing's issue" and was placed on hold. I wrote to the Corporate office and am awaiting a response but I doubt that anything will be done.

This is the WORST customer service I have experienced in my many years of renting with HERTZ.

• Si
    Sid_Bunty Sep 13, 2011

I completely agree with whatever you've said. I've trying to call them for a long time now but they either keep me on a very long hold or a live person instantly transfers me to an automated IVR stating that this is a "billing" query and they cannot assist with it. The bottom line is- NEVER RENT FROM HERTZ!!!

• Da
    Dave Thorton May 29, 2012

I agree - it takes far too long to be able contact their billing department. I believe it's intentional on Hertz's part ...they figure folks will just get worn out by the detail, and then just end up being screwed by them and their incorrect bill. Hertz should be ashamed.

• Gc
    gcfryer Sep 16, 2012

My experience has been exactly like everyone else.I have been trying to reach billing for three weeks with no success. I spoke to 3 different customer service people, have been put on hold, have had my call dropped and have filed a billing complaint on the Hertz web site - all to no avail. I was charged for gas when I returned the car with a full tank. Hertz is falling apart. I am definitely switching to another rental car company.

• Na
    nancy121 Oct 09, 2012

I completely agree. I had to finally call and make a different payment on a card after almost 7 months trying to resolve their mistakes. Supposedly I am getting a customer satisfaction credit of 25 dollars which I am still waiting on. Yet to be recieved! I think no one should rent from this company EVER!!!

Joe Moore Oct 26, 2012

I was recently billed a total of $960.00 on a four day rental of a compact car. The majority of that cost was because I did not return the car to the point of origin. There was a key problem with car. It had to be towed to be rekeyed. On the phone with customer service, on a 3 way call, I was assured that the total charge for what had happened would be $200.00 and there would be no extra charge for leaving the car in a different place than where I picked it up. Imagine my surprise when my bill was for $960.00. The worst part is the inability to speak to anyone who knows what happened or how to fix this. Everyone pushes me to a different department. It's extremely frustrating and I will never rent from Hertz again. I'd suggest you not use them either.

• Mi
    Mindy Li Jan 05, 2016

I had very bad experience with Hertz (Miami International Airport). I have booked my trip with AAA through Pleasant USA Holidays and my rental car was included in the package (did not know how much the travel agent paid to Hertz). When I was at airport to pick up the car, they told me they could only give me a small car, however if I needed to upgrade to a Corolla, the charge was $25 per day, which including a Navigation. When I spoken to onsite manager, she was rude and inpatient, did give me $25 credit, but charged for additional driver for my husband-$54 (The reservation has my husband's name on it) . When i received my final billing, they also charged for GPS, I had to pay additional $194.73 for 4 days (already paid). Tried to call billing office multiple time, call was on hold for long time, then I was told to contact Miami airport. Hertz should closed. NEVER USE HERTZ AGAIN!!!

• Tr
    travelergalorer Jun 15, 2016

DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM HERTZ ITALIA SPA ROMA! This company preys on tourist. They will process unauthorized charges to your card. They do not have a toll free number to call despite having customers from all over the world that they do business with day in and out. This is strategic in hopes that you will not call to dispute the charges and will just pay them.

• Ad
    Adin Sofer Jul 25, 2016

My name is Adin Sofer
    I order a car from Hertz Israel prepaid voucher no:[protected]
    Res: G91243569D7
    Rental Location Phoenix Sky Harbor on 6/21/2016
    Return Las Vegas Mccaran On 28/6/2016
    Upon returning I got additional bill of $152.75 ( RR [protected]) for extra insurance LDW & LIS
    I did not ask for this nether it was mentioned by Hertz staff while accepting the car.
    10 days ago I wrote about it directly to Hertz using their form of past biis. So far I got no answer from Hertz.

Comments

• Te
    teresa371983 Aug 23, 2016

I had a loaner truck due to a repair to my car. The truck was not full when I picked it up. I returned the truck and was charged 83.88 for gas . I had the truck at 3/4 like it was when I picked it up.