Economy Rent a Car Logo

Economy Rent a Car

Having problems with Economy Rent a Car?

Economy Rent a Car Customer Service Contacts

1877 326 7368 (USA & Canada)
1800 681 6986 (Mexico)
+1 786 975 2222 (International)
+44 808 101 0936 (United Kingdom)
+506 22 992 000 (Costa Rica)
Mon24h
Tue24h
Wed24h
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Economy Rent a Car Customer Service. Initial Economy Rent a Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Economy Rent a Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Economy Rent a Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Economy Rent a Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 21, 2020

Economy Rent A Car — Worst ever. Rude. Rip off. Scam

Worst company ever. They are a scam. I booked a car rental for three days for 147$ and when I picked up the...

Economy Rent A CarCharged my credit card did not rent a car

To whom it may concern,

On june 29th took an uber tolax to rent a car from economy rent a car.
First of all the place look horrible. They have a sofa that looks like you found in the back ally. It's so disgusting.

My complaint is that I was charged $126.43 for a car rental that did not happen. They wanted a major credit card but mine was maxed out. They would not use my debit card, yet they still charged my debit card. Then I had to take an uber home which cost me $25.00 which I want to be reimbursed.

You may contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

Marcia katz

Economy Rent A Carcar rental

I recently traveled to Costa Rica and in preparation to travel I booked a car from Economy a month or two in advance. The quoted price for car online was listed as $350 cdn, upon arrival the price more then tripled. The reason for the drastic increase was the insurance coverage on the car which sales staff used high pressure and scare tactics to impose on you, when in a foreign country and unsure these tactics work. The price for the insurance was more then $100 a day, which is highway robbery, they also said they would accept no other form of coverage and you would be liable for damage. Not only was this experience terrible, but now upon my return I have still received no invoice or a return on my $150 us deposit and all of my emails have gone unanswered, the location being in costa rica is difficult to go in person to complain, which I am sure they bank on. I am now at a point where I will and try and escalate to upper management if I can find any numbers to call, so far no luck

DO NOT RENT FROM ECONOMY!!!

Feb 20, 2020

Economy Rent A Car — Tolls Transporter [protected]

This is for Rental Reservation No. PEXPNOEF596B Car rented on 2/11/2020 and returned on 2/18/2020. I told the...

Economy Rent A Carrenting of the car

Hello, I a. I am Catherine Williams I applied for a car online no one told me that I needed a major credit card and I'm trying to receive my money back for not being told things that I cannot afford and I've never owned a credit card and I need for you all to reimburse me my money thank you I'm sorry I forgot to give you my confirmation number so I could help you it is p h t WS 03 f6f thank you

• Ec
          Economy Car Rentals Feb 17, 2020

Dear Mrs Catherine Williams,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

Could you please inform us if you used www.economycarrentals.com to book your reservation?

The reference number provided does not match in our system.
          Our reference number starts with letters EC.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

Jan 13, 2020

Economy Rent A Car — adding fraudulent charges for purchased insurance and charges for damages without estimate.

My wife and I rented a car from Economy for our Christmas vacation. We arrived on December 16, 2019 to pick...

Dec 15, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — charges

Reminder [protected] Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android ----- Forwarded message ----- From: "wessam...

Mississauga

Economy Rent A Carextra charges for tolls.

Between 7/8/19 and 7/12/19, over two months ago, we rented a 2019 Tucson from the (Economy) Jet Car Rental. Yesterday, I received an email with attached, additional toll charges and fees totaling $98.22 (Canadian). $50.00 of the charges is for a "service charge", the remainder is apparently for tolls. Although there may have been tolls that I missed, at this point I do not recall them. Likely they were on a toll road without toll booths in which to pay. Since most people renting cars from this particular location are likely going to Niagara Falls like we did, I suppose this is a daily issue that should be anticipated by Economy. To charge someone $50 two months after renting a car as a "service charge" is likely an often repeated scam. Especially, when the charges should have been anticipated by Economy. We are retired and frequently travel and have rented cars in many locations but haven't seen an operation like we observed at the Jet Car Rental. When we arrived we waited our turn and observed different customers arguing with the staff. Later, when we returned the car, still other customers were arguing with staff. I don't know what the disagreements were about but thought the occurrences were oddly frequent. I have attached a copy of the email and break down of charges they sent me. The accompanying email explains the $50 service charge. Please also note the many other toll charges for many other license plates. I suppose they all also had to pay the $50 "service charge". Please investigate this and let me know what action your company will be taking. I would also appreciate the charges being reversed and credited to my credit card. I have attached the information they sent me and await your prompt response. My email address is [protected]@msn.com.

Jack Deese

• Updated by Economy Car Rentals · Sep 22, 2019

Dear Jack deese,

Thank you for taking time to write your comments.

This profile is for EconomyCarRentals.com and agency based in Europe.

Regretfully, the documents that you have attached are not from our company.

In order to use our services, reservations should be created through www.economycarrentals.com

Thank you.

Aug 22, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — rental car

I am writing to inform someone of a complain of service. I arrived at the rental car check in late my...

Aug 06, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — unauthorized credit card

I made a rental car reservation from economycarrentals.com EC543EF9 at April-2019. Insurance Excess amount on...

Aug 06, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — strong armed into buying extra insurance when it was plainly written out on paperwork

rented a car from Economy Rent a Car at Orlando on 7/14/19. I gave the agent my own rental insurance but the...

Jul 24, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — rental car

We reserved a car for 7/9/19 through 7/16/19. We paid in advance. Our plane was delayed leaving the...

Economy Rent A Carrefund pending

We hired a car from 12th to 16th June from San Francisco vide invoice no. SFDT-1830.
          We were made to pay 220USD whereas the invoice is 192 USD. Moreover, we were forced to pay a refundable deposit of USD 200 which was supposed to be released in 48 hours. It has been over 10 days and despite repeated emails, we have not received any response regarding refund of USD 228 .

Awaiting immediate action.

Ajay Anand
          +91 [protected]
          India

refund pending

• Updated by Economy Car Rentals · Jul 02, 2019

Dear Mr Ajay Anand,

Thank you for taking time to send us your comments.

Your booking was not created through our company.

We are an agency and in order to use our services reservations should be created through www.economycarrentals.com

Thank you.

• Updated by Vanita Anand · Jul 02, 2019

The car was booked through Expedia but the payment was taken by your company Economy rentals at the time of delivery of the car so your company is liable to refund the money. Your staff had assured us that refund process has started as soon as we returned the car and that the payment will reflect in our card within 48 hours but the same has not been done since the last 15 days. You are requested to respond regarding the same immediately. Thanks

Economy Rent A Carcar rentals

To whom it may concern!
            I rented a care today 62519 because my car was being fix! My car repaired was done sooner than expected!
            I paid as leases $195 dollars for a carI really didn't have the extra money for but I needed to get to work! I will like to returned the car tomorrow 6/26/19 . Being I only had the car for 1 Day I will like to know if I can get a refund on the days I was already charged for! I live paycheck to paycheck and I would appreciate a portion of my refund refunded to me. I hope you can assist me with this matter.my rental # mco-29076

Thank you for your time ! I look forward to hearing from you soon. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by Economy Car Rentals · Jul 02, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to send us your comments.

Could you please advise your voucher number through www.economycarrentals.com?

Did you create your booking through www.economycarrentals.com?

Thank you for your response.

Economy Rent A Carnot excepting my debit card

I reserved online to pick up a car at Toronto airport. I used credit card info to book the car. But when I got there to get a car I was told he would not rent one to me because I didn't have a credit card. I have always used a debit card and at times the run it as credit. He still would not rent me a car because I didn't have a credit card with me.
              So I returned to the van to go back to the airport while on the van 2 other people told me they used their debit cards. I want to know why this happened????
              Thanks Debra Vecchiarino

• Updated by Economy Car Rentals · Jun 24, 2019

Dear Debra Vecchiarino,

Thank you for contacting with us.

Could you please advise your voucher number?

Economy Rent A Carcar rental

Reservation #eexpn03a6977 was picked up at above address showed proof of insurance coverage that was faxed over from my insurance company still was told that had to put down 1000.00 for coverage. Waited almost an hour for car was told that the car was being wash. Got car went out to dinner with family got back n car my son see roaches crawling on floor n console. Than I knew why it took so long to get car I can be contacted at [protected]. I will be disputing charges with my credit card holder

• Updated by Economy Car Rentals · Jun 24, 2019

Dear Darrie Wilson,

Thank you for taking time to send us your comments.

This booking with number: #eexpn03a6977 is not from our company.

Could you please check and advise from whcih company did you create your booking?

In order to use our services reservations should be created through www.economycarrentals.com?

Did you create your booking trough this webpage?

Jun 14, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — getting charged for a vehicle I did not rent

I am contacting you guys because I rented a car online and I somehow bypassed the information that state...

May 27, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — car rental

5/27/2019 TO: Economy Rent A Car On May 14 I rented a car from your office in FLL. I reserved it prior a...

Economy Rent A Carrental car

I reserved a car from San Diego airport. My plane leaving from Phoenix scheduled to land in San Diego was delayed for 3 hours. Since I was late picking up the car (I also did not realize Exonomy expects you to be "on time") they canceled my reservation. They will hold it for 2 hours only. I said I could prove the plane was delayed 3 hours and they said it didn't matter. So for a $40 charge they could open my reservation. For my trouble they would "upgrade" for free. (Which ended up being the exact compact car I originally reserved so there was no upgrade). I prepaid for gas so I would start with a full tank and return on empty. Well stupid me trusting that I would actually have a full tank to start with, left the rental area and didn't notice the empty tank until we were out of the airport. I left 3 voicemails with the company to let them know and they have yet to return my call from a week ago. Very disappointed. Never renting from Economy again.

• Updated by Economy Car Rentals · May 18, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write your comments.

Could you please advise your voucher number from EconomyCarRentals.com?

Was your booking created through our platform www.economycarrentals.com?

Georgia K.

Apr 24, 2019

Economy Rent A Car — extra insurance charges and unauthorized credit card charges

Rental Agreement# MCO-22369 Reservation# PRENX036AD57 1. Asked to buy Economy Rental Insurance which was not...