Handyman Club Of Americakeep sending me books even though I cancelled the membership

K

Handyman Club of America address is Georgetown. They have sent me three books along with request for payment even though I cancelled.

I paid $6.00 and change to send back the first one after cancelling but refuse to do the same with these two unopened ones I have just recently received.

If they want them they can come and get them or I will scratch out my name and drop the in the mailbox.
Or I will take them to court with me if they sue I will be counter sueing.

HOW COME THEY CAN THEY ARE STILL IN OPERATION???

• Dale Sanhuber Apr 30, 2011

This is for Model Rectifier Corporation. They, last week, did me the great service of replacing the decals for a kit I purchased from them, they were also very helpfull in replacing a couple of parts that were missing from that same kit. I would recommend MRC for anyone who is looking for a supplier to meet their scale modeling needs.

• Dale Sanhuber Mar 15, 2011

This isn't a complaint, I'm praising the Handy Man Club of America. They have, just a couple of months ago, rearranged my Lifetime Membership payments, they offered me a lower payment over a longer period of time. This offer has made it possible for me to continue ot be a Life Member in the club, where-as before I couldn't afford the membership payments. That and I just received an invoice stating that I didn't owe anything at the invoice date, they are trying, trying hard to do things the right way, give them a break willya!?!

• Mo
    monkeywrench19 Jan 26, 2010

I also have received a collection letter from this club, they ignored my cancellation request. I am sending the club and collection co. a drop dead, certified letter w/ return receipt. Telling them to drop dead and do not contact me again. I will also contact the BBB and State attorney Generals office and Secretary of State office.
    This club is a scam from start to finish, we need to spread the word to friends and relatives.
    The States should put a stop to this type of theft, deception and criminal activity.

• Da
    Dave Oct 29, 2008

Very crooked and unethical company, Stay away avoid

• Bo
    Boy Oct 29, 2008

This company promised free gifts tools and hardware items to try, which i could keep at no charge, all I received was threatening letter no contact numbers to talk to anyone anyone receiving anything from this company should return it with no postage, which they will have to pay, maybe a little piece of mind,

• St
    Stanley Fox Sep 30, 2008

I paid them for a 3 year membership and to date have not received any magazines, free trial products or anything else they said I would. What a rip-off.

• Ga
    Gay Sep 17, 2008

I was getting overwhelmed by material from the Handy Man Club after joining. I had also returned one of their books in the box per their instructions but still continued to get billed for it. I finally just paid for it. Shortly after I spoke with a representative and cancelled my membership. More than a year later I received a letter from a collection agency RMCB. I responded in writing per the instructions on the letter. I received another letter stating that I'd not responded. This time I responded via their automated phone system. Then I begin to receive "reactivation invitations" from the Handy Man Club again. Today I received a phone call from a Handy Man club solicitor offering to reinstate me at a discount. When I refused, he told me that my "membership is not cancelable". When I asked him to explain what that means he just kept repeating it. I tried to locate the Handy Man Club through the Better Business Bureau but can't find a record of them yet. They have been a night mare to deal with.

Joe Blow Sep 07, 2008

Initial enrollment was $12.00 a year. The only thing they don't tell you is that the smallest enrollment is for a 2 year period. If you're going to have a club, then stick to what you say in your initial mailings. Quit trying to screw people. If they like your product, they will renew, if not, at least you were honest

• Ba
    barbara dupay May 15, 2008

My son who is now 20 has been hassled by this company for 4 years to pay for a lifetime membership that he never agreed to, and we have never received services . They have now turned this over to a collection agency. The bill is for 300.00.

• La
    lace Apr 10, 2008

thank you so much for the post i am so glad i researched this! my hubby was all excited and filled out his card!!

• Je
    Jeff Davis Mar 07, 2008

Handy Man is full of bull__! They promise you free tool trials "and you keep the tools" LIARS!!! I don't know who is supposedly testing all these tools but it sure hasn't been me. It must be the higher ups or the social club. I seen a contest winner last week in the latest subscription and he won a few off brand tools, maybe thats what you mean by test the tools and you get to keep them. There should be a law against LIARS who push magazines and make promises they don't keep. Oh and by the way don't worry about "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO BECOME A LIFETIME MEMBER, YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY OUR MEMBER PANEL TO BECOME A LIFE TIME MEMBER" Who in the hell is your member panel I'm a member and I don't remember having any say in who was chosen to be a "LIFETME MEMBER.

John Mazzuca Feb 26, 2008

I withdrew my membership with Handy Man Club of America in 2006 because I was not happy with their cheeply made products and useless magazine. On Feb. 26, 2008 I get a notice from RMCB Collection Agency demanding $249.00 for a life membership I cancelled almost 2 years ago. Even after I cancelled the first time, Handy Man Club tried to reinstate my membership with out my authorization which I had to cancel a second time. I belong to Sears Handy Man club which is free to join and you get REAL savings and can purchase REAL tools that you can actually use.