HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com

SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP — lifetime membership one time fee

CLUB MEMBERSHIP NUMBER IS [protected] 7 # DY.
I was receiving your magazine for a few years after I had signed up and paid for a lifetime membership with a one time payment of $500.00 which was supposed to be the last payment that I would ever have to pay and for the last several years i have not received the magazine or any correspondence from you. I tried to hook up with you a couple of years ago unsuccessfully.
I need to be brought up to date and start getting your magazine with no further charges, for life!
you sure make it hard to get in contact with a live person to have verbal conversation. a good phone number would be helpful.

Lifetime Membership

Where is my magazine, I have been a Life Time member since the early onset of the magazine. Membership # [protected] and have not received a publication in several months now. My address and contact information has not changed, and I have not received any notices or communication from the Magazine. None of the contact information goes to a working phone number. Would like to know where has my magazine gone?

Fred Folts

I have not received the promised materials for a Life Member

I am a paid in full life member effective 2/19/2008 my member number is [protected]. Why have I stopped receiving the Magazine as well as the other life time member benifits? My E-mail is [protected]@aol.com

unfulfilled magazine subscription

I paid for a lifetime membership with Handyman Club of America which included magazines. I have not received said magazines for quite a while.
They had free product testing, received one item, nothing since.
Also included was free access to working plans of the projects they published in the magazines I had received. The website listed in 2011 was www.handymanclub.com. It is not available now.
Their address was listed as :
Handyman Club of America
Box 3401, Hopkins, MN
[protected]
My mailing label shows DYO30130539557 +383841K3
along with my name John Willemsma
address 1038 Rd 3 W, RR#2 Kingsville, Ont, Canada
my email is john.[protected]@gmail.com, please include Handyman Club in the subject line.
I would like a refund of my subscription. Approx. $400

no services.

No services from Handyman club. I have a life time membership. Everything has completely stopped. I have spent a lot of money with them, and I Have not received anything in return. Is the handyman club still afloat or did they go belly up. Is this a scam that they have stolen thousands of dollars from the club members. Do they still solicit for new members.

I have been a lifetime member since 2009: however, since they change over to scout, I have not been able to login.

My name is Arthur Meadows, I joined the handyman club back in 2009 as a Lifetime member; however, recently I am not recognized as a member. Once they changed over to Scout login I had a problem and that was rectified. I know that I have not logged in recently since attending school; however, I would like to know what happened to my membership?
I was also a member of the Trophy life membership since 2009, but since I was not able to login to the handyman club I have been totally upset!!!
Will someone tell me what is happening, my original email address was [protected]@hotmail.com: please advise!!!

Handyman Club of Americalife member

I have been a Life member since Feb 1994. I have not heard from them in a few years now. To pay a lifetime membership I am supposed to receive the mag for life. Didn't happen so i would like to get my money back, they broke the agreement.
I have never had any problems with Handyman Club of America. I have had nothing but good luck the rest of the time. People who say it is a Scam or a Rip Off must not of stood with them very long. they would send me things to test. I loved writing the reports and following up to see my name.

• Bo
    Bobhdus Sep 20, 2019

Same here (life member since the early 90’s). It was a great club/ magazine. I don’t even understand what this “scout” stuff is... Even an e-zine (digital magazine) would’ve been nice. If they couldn’t afford printing a paper magazine. Where do we go from here? Probably nowhere..

Chris12860 Dec 27, 2019

I have been a life member since July of 1998. Is there anywhere to go to view any of the magazines that were published?
    The last magazine that I got was the summer of 2014. I am recently retired and would like to get back into woodworking. I got a lot of great ideas from them and would like to review some of those tips and tricks.
    Is there anyone that can give me some info on this?
    I paid good money to become a life member. The least you can do is answer my question, Handyman Club of America
    This use to be a great club.

life membership

I have been a member for over 10 years and a life member for about 9 years. when I first joined i received some products a router, chisels, hand saw that was also my 1st review and i gave a bad review for the saw because it was a piece of crap . I did receive a few magazines. but since the review have not received much . that was in 2011 . so it has been a while are they still around
Bob Sackett
life member 02/2010
#[protected]
[protected]@aol.com

lifetime membership is not being acknowledged

I became a Lifetime Member back on September 20, 2008, paid my lifetime membership dues in full. It has been a very long time since received a magazine or anything from The Handyman Club of America.I even still have my Certificate of Life Membership sign by the executive Director Larry Okrend, Please advise on what to do about this matter. Is there anyway to be reimbursed?

master lifetime member

So,
I see so many others complaining. I also was just cleaning up, and came across all of my paperwork. Master Life Member since Feb. 22, 2010 but NOTHING in years. If anyone has any way to contact these people, or EVER got any notification about their going out of business, I would love to hear about it!

If you know of anything, ANYTHING at all that we can all do to reach out to the people that took over the club, or SCOUT.COM I would be REALLY interested in working to at least get a notification that they are officially NOT in business. If, however, the property and rights have been purchased by anyone then they should work with all of us lifetimers.

Frustrated,
member [protected]

no magazines, product tests or etc.

I've been a Life Member since 1995. Paid my full membership then. My club member no. is [protected]. I have not heard anything from the HandyMan Club in the last few years. What i...

no magazine, I want refund

I became a HCOA life member in 2002 member number [protected]. I paid $298 using my credit card. I received a few little tools here and there. The magazine stopped getting delivered and I found out it went to digital. I became a life member to avoid yearly bills and just get the magazine without worrying. If there is a lawsuit out there please post it all over the internet. Because I want my money back.

no magazine, I want refund

life membership

I became a life member in 2012, received a couple of tools to review and received a magazines for a while and then all stopped. The free router I received as part of the membership never worked. My attempts to get a replacement that works were unsuccessful. So, definitely not worth the $369 I originally paid for the lifetime membership.

Is anyone aware of any class action lawsuits against the company?

breach of contract

i am life member #[protected]. i purchased a lifetime membership to the handyman club of america, back in 2000. everything was fine at 1st. but then my magazines slowed then stopped...

magazine member # [protected]

several years ago I was a life member of this club. Well, I am still alive and have not received my handy magazine or any thing else from you people, WHAT gives? I kept my part of...

lifetime member benifits not honored again!

today is [protected] I received a postcard saying for my lifetime members benefits to continue they need to hear for me.. I haven't been receiving my benefits at all for a long time...

Handyman Club of America — my lifetime membership

I have been a lifetime member for over 10 years and haven't received anything for a few years now!!! Member #[protected] . What has happened and why wasn't I notified of any...

Handyman Club of America — master lifetime membership

1984 I have been a master lifetime membership owner for years, I quit receiving the magazine, emails, I haven't been able to regester to try products etc, I have tested products in the...

Handyman Club of America — my lifetime master life membership

What happened to my Handyman Club of America membership. I am a paid up Master Life Member #[protected]. I originally joined the Handyman Club of America as a charter member...

magazines

Member number [protected] I am not receiving my magazines at 943 Bunker View Drive Apollo Beach, FL 33572 My former address as 43340 Royal Burkedale St, South Riding VA 20152, I...

my mag has stoped coming to my house

please send me my handy mag my lifetime membership number is [protected] and my name is Richard Sharp 502 Lone Oak Ct. Exeter, California 93221
don't take me for being for getful because my mind is not as sharp as it was when I was younger. I haven't got the mag for several months now so if you can please send me back issues if you can I really do enjoy reading the mag

lifetime membership

I just came across my Handyman file while reviewing cabinet files and was reminded that I haven't seen or heard boo from them since ~[protected]!! So decided to check their website...

lifetime membership to the club

570831 I've been a handyman lifetime member for many years. About 5 years ago, I stopped receiving magazines, except for a single issue I received about two years ago. I thought that my...

the club

570831 Why are you not mailing the magazine to your Life Time membership people? We, in good faith, joined your membership and hoped it WAS for a lifetime. I have been a member since...

lifetime membership

I am also a lifetime member of Handyman and the Cooking Club. I have not had any magazines or online communication from them in years and just recently have tried to look into it...

Handyman Club and North American Hunting Clubunethical behaviour

As with others, I bought lifetime memberships for both of the 'entities' and have received nothing from them for about 14 years. no magazines, correspondence, test products, they seem to have disappeared. I cannot even find their websites anymore. Is there anyway to track both 'clubs' down and see if they did, indeed, disappear rom the face of the earth, took our money and ran, etc?

Handyman Club membership: #538729
North American Hunting Club Member Number: [protected]

Thanks for any info you can provide,
Stephen Crowell

life membership

I've been a life member since 2002 why am I not receiving my magazine or even the site for the ditigal version. I can't even find the website any more, how can get this resolved and get my magazine back again. Also I used to be able to participate in product testing and reviews I no longer get letters telling me of any products to review, it like handy man club of America is longer active

lifetime membership just stopped sometime ago.

Never a word and I will need to search my records for the acct# but same as my cooking club of america lifetime membership the benefits simply stopped and it takes awhile to really understand and recognize you aren't receiving the magazines and benefits you were promised years ago in a lifetime membership program. Perhaps they thought instead of being an adult of 35 they thought I was 70, sorry I shall live much longer yet and I deserve my magazines, my benefits monthly as promised or my money back.

lifetime membership

When I lived in NH, I became a lifetime member, and if my memory serves me right, that is a lifetime of your magazine.

4 years ago, we moved from NH to NM, and never gave it a thought until now.

George Rollins
email - [protected]@comcast.net
Address - 29 Lowell Rd #35, Salem, NH 03079, or 35 Marigold Rd, Salem, NH 03079
Landline - [protected]

When moved to NM, this is the current info.

George Rollins
Email - [protected]@gmail.com
Address - 96342 Jacks Creek Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
No landline phone - Cell [protected]

While in my shop I needed a chisel, and found my Chisel set with the Handyman Club of America life member embedded it in and light dawned over Marblehead about the magazine.

Attached is a pic of the case.

Thanks,

George "Skip" Rollins

• Updated by SkipRollins · Apr 07, 2018

Awaiting comfirmation of complaint any any action.

life membership

I applied for a lifetime membership to Handyman Club of America on September 5, 1998. I received the magazine for a number of years, but it stopped a while back, with no notice...

Handyman Club of America/Scout.com — magazine subscription, et-al.

I joined the lifetime membership after I had been receiving the magazine for about a year. The tools I received as a result of the $600.00 I spent were second rate, not the high...

handyman club of america lifetime member

I too am a Life Member of the Handyman Club of America. After reading some old "Handy" magazines last night, I decided to look for the online version that came available when Scout took the magazine over.
When I searched the site (www.handy.scout.com.) today, it wouldn't come up. I did a couple of searches and found over a hundred complaints about the club. I have come to the realization now that the long time club has gone away. I don't remember when I joined but I believe it was sometime in the 90's. If the magazine owners don't come up with an offer on their own, I would consider joining a class action against them if one is ever formed.

You can contact me at [protected]@gmail.com. My member number is [protected]. As a consumer we have rights to be made whole.

Jim

Handyman Club of America — I am an upset lifetime member of handyman club of america

I have been a Life Member of the Handyman Club of America, member Number [protected], since March 2002. I have not heard anything form the Handyman Club of America for years. I would...

lifetime membership

I was one of the first to sign up for a lifetime membership back in the early 90's. Got the "free" leather jacket and received the magazines for a few years each month along with some test items to keep. Then about 10 years ago no more magazines or test items even after updating my information 4 different times. Like everyone else I would just like to get what I paid for. What started out to be a promising service has not become a joke on all of us.

• SamieJ1959 Feb 01, 2018

I have same problem, I have been a member since 2002 paid in full, have my membership number and all. I haven't heard anything in years.

• SamieJ1959 Feb 01, 2018

@SamieJ1959 I cannot find how to reactivate my membership. I have been a lifetime member since 2002 paid in full, have my membership number and all. I haven't heard anything in years.

• Mj
    MJM7 Feb 17, 2018

Joined in the late 90’s got a jacket was a product tester, and often got all kinds of offers in the mail. Nothing for the past couple of years.

• Ed
    Edward Ludwig Mar 21, 2018

I also became a life member in 1998. got the magazine for a few years and updated my new addresses and haven't heard from them in about 12 years.

• Cr
    Craig_D Apr 10, 2018

Same here. I was one of the original "Life Members" in the 90s with the leather jacket. If I recall, the membership was in the $300 range. I still have almost every issue of "American How-To" and later "HANDY" published. It was great while magazines were coming and there were products to be tested. Like most though, it has been years since I've heard from them. My guess is that there was probably some fine print in the Life Member agreement that gave them a way out, but if some smart lawyer puts together a class action suit, I'm in.

lifetime membership

I have been a lifetime member for many years, I don't have my membership number, but over the years I have kept my info updated, I updated my info over 3 yrs ago when I bought my...

handyman club of america lifetime membership

I amLifetime Member # [protected]. Same as everyone else. Paid A LOT of money and haven't received anything in many many years. Not since May 2012, when I paid the balance of my life...

is the club operational?

Was cleaning out my wallet today and found my Handyman Club of America Life Member ID card, [protected] and realized I had not heard anything from or about this group in a long time...

not receiving any type of correspondence from the club

Failure to receive any type of info from the club in years. No magazine, no letters, no books . I received nothing from the club at all. This is a rip off, I should be refunded...

lifetime

In a lifetime member of the handyman club since the late nineties, all of a sudden magazines just stopped and can't give in to the website. As I can see from the complains they did this to a lot of people they send us a letter to pay hundreds of dollars for a lifetime membership and alot off us did and Now we get nothing. I have been at the same address for 22 years

• Ra
    rascal850 Jan 23, 2018

I too, have the same problem with non delivery for lifetime membership to Handyman Club Of America. Cannot find and log in to the website to inquire directly with the magazine.

handyman club of america

Paid for a lifetime membership and have not received my magazine in a long time. My previous address was 35377 Curtis Rd., Livonia, MI 48152. [protected]@gmail.com. From what I've...