HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com Logo

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com

Having problems with HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com?

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com Customer Service. Initial HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com. Discuss the issues you have had with HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comLife membership

I not only paid for the life membership I paid for the master life membership and have not received anything in a long time. I either would like my life membership to continue or a full refund for the services I paid for you owe me that much. I have signed on in the past but have not herd anything. a life membership is for life and my life hasn't ended why have you ended my membership
my member number is [protected], Michael Walters

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comLife membership

I subscribed to Handyman Club for 12 years, and then and paid for a lifetime membership. I have been a paid life member since 1997 and a volunteer product tester. The organization had no problem taking my money and promised a lifetime of magazines focused on handy-craft skills, tools, and the like. After a relatively short time all that stopped and I was told my membership was now in Scout. I have no real interest in sports and find no redeeming value with Scout. I requested a refund of my membership fees and I was refused, telling me I have access to Scout. I believe robbed, disregarded, and frankly disrespected by this group. I believe this warrants a class-action lawsuit.

Carmine Vilardi
    [protected]

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comI have a life membership, but have not received any magazines or any documents from you.

Life Member [protected], Jerry Hefley, member since 10/2007. I have a certificate of Life Membership dated November 02, 2009.

I have not received any publications, free gifts, or any other lifelong benefits from you in years.
      This is my current address:
      Jerry Hefley
      240 Canal Drive West
      Macedon, NY 14502

I would like to get correspondence from you stating that this is resolved, and I would like to get my magazines "Handy" again.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comMembership services

I signed up as a lifetime member many years ago and for a long time I received the magazine and other material from the club but then all of a sudden it stopped and I have not received anything for a long time. I enjoyed the magazine and purchased items from the club and want to again receive the magazine and be able to purchase items. Since somebody broke into my garage and stole all my tools I need to replace them.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comNot receiving my lifetime membership magazines.

name: Jeff Forster
          address: 1503 Black Cherry Dr.
          Cedar Park, TX. 78613
          membership # [protected]

Please start sending my magazines to me again, since I bought this subscription I have only received about 5 years worth of magazines, definitely no my moneys worth. I actually had another jeff forster in my neighborhood who got on the web site and changed the address so he was getting my magazines. I got the membership package with the jacket and coupons.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comHave not received magazines for more than a year

I signed up and paid for a lifetime membership several years ago. And I received some promotional giftes as a part of the promotional offer.
            My membership number is [protected]

Since then I received several bi-monthy magazines and then thy stopped coming. I have not changed my address and did call in several yers ago but never received any more issues. If you are not going to continue my life subscription as you agreed to when I paid for the lifetime membershi then I regur=est you return my membership fee or $100, or I may report this to the postal authorities as mail fraud. My phone number is [protected] and the landine( now disconnected) was [protected]. My address: 4130 Hwy J, Half Way, Mo 65663
            If I do not hear from you by June 1st, I will have no other option but to report this to the USPO. I really enjoyed the issues.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comLife member

I paid for a life time member 08/2010
              Now I here that you are out of business, I was to be getting free things
              to try out. I have not got anything for many years now. Just What did I get this for. Seams like I Got ripped off. Even the toll free number on the back of the membership card is no good

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comLife time membership

I paid the fees to become a lifetime member and recieve a monthly magazine and new products to try. I don't think I ever received any products to try -- just my "free gifts." received the monthly magazine for awhile and then nothing at all. What happened to this company? Can I get a refund for my fees? don't remember the exact amount but at least $200.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comLifetime membership one time fee

CLUB MEMBERSHIP NUMBER IS [protected] 7 # DY.
                  I was receiving your magazine for a few years after I had signed up and paid for a lifetime membership with a one time payment of $500.00 which was supposed to be the last payment that I would ever have to pay and for the last several years i have not received the magazine or any correspondence from you. I tried to hook up with you a couple of years ago unsuccessfully.
                  I need to be brought up to date and start getting your magazine with no further charges, for life!
                  you sure make it hard to get in contact with a live person to have verbal conversation. a good phone number would be helpful.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comLifetime Membership

Where is my magazine, I have been a Life Time member since the early onset of the magazine. Membership # [protected] and have not received a publication in several months now. My address and contact information has not changed, and I have not received any notices or communication from the Magazine. None of the contact information goes to a working phone number. Would like to know where has my magazine gone?

Fred Folts

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comI have not received the promised materials for a life member

I am a paid in full life member effective 2/19/2008 my member number is [protected]. Why have I stopped receiving the Magazine as well as the other life time member benifits? My E-mail is [protected]@aol.com

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comUnfulfilled magazine subscription

I paid for a lifetime membership with Handyman Club of America which included magazines. I have not received said magazines for quite a while.
                        They had free product testing, received one item, nothing since.
                        Also included was free access to working plans of the projects they published in the magazines I had received. The website listed in 2011 was www.handymanclub.com. It is not available now.
                        Their address was listed as :
                        Handyman Club of America
                        Box 3401, Hopkins, MN
                        [protected]
                        My mailing label shows DYO30130539557 +383841K3
                        along with my name John Willemsma
                        address 1038 Rd 3 W, RR#2 Kingsville, Ont, Canada
                        my email is john.[protected]@gmail.com, please include Handyman Club in the subject line.
                        I would like a refund of my subscription. Approx. $400

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comno services.

No services from Handyman club. I have a life time membership. Everything has completely stopped. I have spent a lot of money with them, and I Have not received anything in return. Is the handyman club still afloat or did they go belly up. Is this a scam that they have stolen thousands of dollars from the club members. Do they still solicit for new members.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comI have been a lifetime member since 2009: however, since they change over to scout, I have not been able to login.

My name is Arthur Meadows, I joined the handyman club back in 2009 as a Lifetime member; however, recently I am not recognized as a member. Once they changed over to Scout login I had a problem and that was rectified. I know that I have not logged in recently since attending school; however, I would like to know what happened to my membership?
                            I was also a member of the Trophy life membership since 2009, but since I was not able to login to the handyman club I have been totally upset!!!
                            Will someone tell me what is happening, my original email address was [protected]@hotmail.com: please advise!!!

Handyman Club of Americalife member

I have been a Life member since Feb 1994. I have not heard from them in a few years now. To pay a lifetime membership I am supposed to receive the mag for life. Didn't happen so i would like to get my money back, they broke the agreement.
                              I have never had any problems with Handyman Club of America. I have had nothing but good luck the rest of the time. People who say it is a Scam or a Rip Off must not of stood with them very long. they would send me things to test. I loved writing the reports and following up to see my name.

Chris12860 Dec 27, 2019

I have been a life member since July of 1998. Is there anywhere to go to view any of the magazines that were published?
                                  The last magazine that I got was the summer of 2014. I am recently retired and would like to get back into woodworking. I got a lot of great ideas from them and would like to review some of those tips and tricks.
                                  Is there anyone that can give me some info on this?
                                  I paid good money to become a life member. The least you can do is answer my question, Handyman Club of America
                                  This use to be a great club.

• Bo
                                  Bobhdus Sep 20, 2019

Same here (life member since the early 90’s). It was a great club/ magazine. I don’t even understand what this “scout” stuff is... Even an e-zine (digital magazine) would’ve been nice. If they couldn’t afford printing a paper magazine. Where do we go from here? Probably nowhere..

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comlife membership

I have been a member for over 10 years and a life member for about 9 years. when I first joined i received some products a router, chisels, hand saw that was also my 1st review and i gave a bad review for the saw because it was a piece of crap . I did receive a few magazines. but since the review have not received much . that was in 2011 . so it has been a while are they still around
                                Bob Sackett
                                life member 02/2010
                                #[protected]
                                [protected]@aol.com

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comlifetime membership is not being acknowledged

I became a Lifetime Member back on September 20, 2008, paid my lifetime membership dues in full. It has been a very long time since received a magazine or anything from The Handyman Club of America.I even still have my Certificate of Life Membership sign by the executive Director Larry Okrend, Please advise on what to do about this matter. Is there anyway to be reimbursed?

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.commaster lifetime member

So,
                                    I see so many others complaining. I also was just cleaning up, and came across all of my paperwork. Master Life Member since Feb. 22, 2010 but NOTHING in years. If anyone has any way to contact these people, or EVER got any notification about their going out of business, I would love to hear about it!

If you know of anything, ANYTHING at all that we can all do to reach out to the people that took over the club, or SCOUT.COM I would be REALLY interested in working to at least get a notification that they are officially NOT in business. If, however, the property and rights have been purchased by anyone then they should work with all of us lifetimers.

Frustrated,
                                    member [protected]

Mar 20, 2019

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com — no magazines, product tests or etc.

I've been a Life Member since 1995. Paid my full membership then. My club member no. is [protected]. I have not...

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comno magazine, I want refund

I became a HCOA life member in 2002 member number [protected]. I paid $298 using my credit card. I received a few little tools here and there. The magazine stopped getting delivered and I found out it went to digital. I became a life member to avoid yearly bills and just get the magazine without worrying. If there is a lawsuit out there please post it all over the internet. Because I want my money back.

no magazine, I want refund