Handyman Club of Americarude collection letter from rmcb!

J

My dad is 83 years old and I am attempting to help him with his bills and mail. Recently he got a letter from RMCB, Inc., a collection agency attempting to collect a payment of $301 for Handyman Club of America Lifetime membership. My dad did not authorize a lifetime membership in this club. The letter says he has been "enrolled" since December 4, 2003. My dad has no memory of ever receiving anything from Handyman Club of America.

My dad has trouble hearing on the telephone so I called the telephone number for RMCB, Inc. and got a recording. I entered his pin number and selected the prompt "Did not authorize these charges." I would have appreciated being able to speak to a customer service representative to get some assurance that the problem was taken care of. The letter from RMCB was rude and intimidating and totally inappropriate in a situation where absolutely nothing was ordered and nothing received from this bogus "Handyman Club of America." I am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

• Updated by puppy-puppy · Dec 17, 2017

i'm retired now an look forward to the mags/like ssi/and IG info from va what the deal???????????????????????????

• Updated by puppy-puppy · Dec 17, 2017

this is were the cuts starts?????

• Updated by [email protected] · Mar 31, 2018

haven't received my magazines in a long time what happen.please contact me at [email protected] a lifetime member my # [protected] .

• Updated by T.V. Weaver · Jun 15, 2018

Is anyone home?

• Updated by ibbarr · Oct 14, 2018

Lifetime Member promised magazine for life! It's been over a year since I heard from Handyman.

• Updated by DON IN CA · Apr 18, 2019

hello I am a life members why am i not getting what i payed for please send back all the money that i gave you as I feel you did not hold up your end of this LIFE MEMBERSHIP
    Don J Ivers
    2800 conway ct sacramento ca
    [protected]

• Je
    JerryTyson Feb 29, 2020

What is going on? Haven't received anything from y'all in years. With a lifetime membership I would expect to see stuff regular. Can I at least get some feedback as to what happened to the club.

• Ro
    Robert Dallis Jan 18, 2020

Iam a life time member and I have relocated because of the neighborhood has gone down the drain stealing and fighting with that being said ROBERT DALLIS is my life time member name also search under my name DALLAS OK I RELOCATED FROM 616 STUYVESANT AVENUE TRENTON NEW JERSEY 08618

TO 167 S LOGAN AVENUE TRENTON NEW JERSEY 08609

• Fr
    Frankie721 Jan 08, 2020

I purchased a lifetime membership and you have not been sending the magazine to me.
    Please do so.

• Ed
    Edkey Dec 14, 2019

First they made me use a websit then they changed my password then after 2 years the web sit was shut down. Life membership did not say until the company closed

• Cl
    Cliff Rawlins Nov 12, 2019

Have not heard from Hanyman Club of America in years.paid 450$ life time membership

• Me
    Merle Pettis Oct 21, 2019

I am a lifetime member and it has been a long time that I have not gotten my magazine! Why ? To keep typing this is a waist of my time!

• De
    Dennis D Wallace Oct 09, 2019

I have not received my magazines for several years, and cannot get any response from them. What can I do to get my magazines delivered?

• Do
    DON IN CA Apr 27, 2019

Don J Ivers
    2800 conway ct sacramento ca
    [protected]

• Da
    Dan Gann Nov 20, 2018

I paid for Lifetime Membership, I am no longer getting my magazines, why?

• St
    SteveKocak Nov 19, 2018

I paid for a life membership an have not herd from them. since 2014

• Wa
    Warren J Davis Jr Nov 19, 2018

I have not received my magazine in a long time. I'm a life member #[protected], since 1/00 Warren Davis, 6272 Debbie Cir., Hayes, VA 23072 Please respond my e-mail is: [email protected]

Reviewer49944 Nov 19, 2018

i havent received a magazine since fall of 2014.

• Wp
    W P Magness Nov 19, 2018

No magazine delivered and no product as promised.

Joe Cressotti Nov 19, 2018

I have been a life member for over 12 years, I haven't received any magazines in over two years. So much for a life membership

Reviewer20387 Nov 19, 2018

I had paid for a lifetime membership and I just realized I no longer get the handyman magazine. I think my life has not ended as I file this complaint I still have a pulse and a breathing so why do I not receive the magazine??
    Fred Portz

Reviewer59554 Nov 19, 2018

I am a lifetime member number [protected] and I have not received a magazine in over a year my name is michael trail 1040 hickory st excelsior springs mo 64024 phone [protected]

jameshemi Nov 13, 2018

i have not received my magazine for over a year now, nor have i received any correspondence from the handyman club of america . i payed for a life time membership, have not moved, have the same contact information. please forward all missed magazines, and continue with my subscription!

• Uf
    uffdaostr Nov 13, 2018

What ever happened to the magazines? I thought I was a lifetime member # [protected], but I haven't gotten a magazine for so many months I can't remember. I do not remember how long it has been since I got a magazine. The same is true of the cooking club and gardening club. They were supposed to be lifetime memberships and nothing.

• Ha
    Handyman69 Nov 13, 2018

I paid for a life membership several years ago, received the magazine and some times mail and offers from them for a while, then it all stopped . I have not heard from them in the the last couple years.
    I always looked for to receiving the magazines, they were well written and very informative .

Chuck22711 Nov 13, 2018

My membership number is 50646 73 and I have been a Life Member since 17 Sept 2003. I wish to continue to receive the magazine, so hopefully you can rectify the situation.

• Sw
    Sweaty Nov 13, 2018

I paid for lifetime membership and haven't heard from them in over 2years. No magazines no contact nothing but a cashed check stub.

• Je
    Jeff Boyle Nov 12, 2018

I have not got my magazine or any info, and can't find and thing on the internet about this co. what is going on

Paul Fennelly Nov 12, 2018

I have been a life member for years, I can't remember the last time I seen a magazine. What happen to my life membership?

• Mi
    Mike W.Brooks Nov 12, 2018

I have not received a magazine in at least two years, what's up with this!

Mike Brooks
    41 Pioneer Village
    Council Grove Ks. 68466

Membership #[protected]

• Ky
    Kyle Moreland Nov 11, 2018

I am a life member #[protected], and I am not getting the magazine anymore, what seems to be the problem I am still at the same address I was at when I became a life member in 2009, can't get a response from the phone numbers I have tried. I am disappointed in how things are being handled. Please provide me with the reasons why this is happening.

• Ar
    Arliewayne Nov 11, 2018

I am a life member of THCOA. My membership # [protected]. I have not received a magazine in a couple of years. What's up with that?

• Al
    Alan1018 Nov 04, 2018

Life member since 1995 #065140 Haven't heard or received anything for a few years. Just came across my life member card with the member# What happened?

• Jr
    Jrollins67 Nov 01, 2018

Account [protected] just adding to the list of complaints about not getting benefits please add me to any class action law suites I can be reached at [email protected]

• Pl
    Plasterman Oct 31, 2018

Became a Life Member in April of 1994. Member # 106449. Was receiving everything fine up until 2015, then started getting re-newel notices in the mail, filed out the notice stating I was already a Life Member with my Member # attached. Have not received or heard anything from them since.

• Ib
    ibbarr Oct 21, 2018

Haven't heard from Handyman in over a year. I still see the magazine being published but I do not receive them. I would like to know what is going on? I paid for a lifetime membership.
    Sincerely, Gerard J. Barr Sr.
    6244 Montague St
    Philadelphia Pa.[protected]

• Su
    Sully2 Oct 16, 2018

I have been a lifetime member since march of 2009. It has been a long time since I got my magazine. What is going on with you folks? Is this a rip-off?
    Have you taken our money and run?
    Bet you don't answer this.

Papag0001 Oct 14, 2018

Pleasanton, CA. [protected]

New e-mail address:

• Fe
    Ferdinand Baez Oct 02, 2018

I paid lifetime membership many years ago. I don't remember when was the last time I received my magazine. Want to k ow status of my membership. What is the deal?

• As
    asaplep Sep 11, 2018

I also paid for a Master Lifetime Membership and they dropped all contact. I am unable to contact them and do not receive the magazine or any offers to rate tools or equipment. Please refund my membership fees to me or activate the service you originally sold us on.

Thanks,

Lawrence P

Jon in CM Sep 11, 2018

Like many others apparently, I too am a Lifetime Member but have not received any publications, or correspondence of any kind in quiet some time. This isn't right and I want to see what can be done about it.

• La
    Laura Phillips-Holder Sep 10, 2018

i paid for a lifetime membership and have not gotten anything from you in a long time, i feel you need to stand by your word or refund me all my money. laura holder 1618 mccallie ferry rd soddy daisy, tn [protected] life member number [protected]

• St
    Steve Rokita Sep 03, 2018

a lifetime member have not heard anything. membership # 303846 since March 2004. address po box 785, Kimberling City Mo. [protected]

• Pu
    puppy-puppy Sep 01, 2018

you drop the ball after i'd paid my full membership acct#[protected]

Packerfan1 Aug 29, 2018

I am a Life Member of Handyman Club of America. I have not received a magazine in years, since they went to Scout.com. Why did I pay extra to become a Life Member and not get crap. I really believe they owe me money back. What a classless organization. Very, very disappointed.

• Cm
    cmcob2 Aug 28, 2018

I have been a lifetime member of handyman club of America for over 20 years. Quite some time back, my magazines stopped. I now cannot find the proper website to log in to correct the error with my subscription.

Club MBR# [protected] lifetime membership