H‑E‑Bemployees (latia viola).

R

Last night 01/06/2018 @9:30 pm at the HEB Plus in Shadow Creek Ranch Pearland 77584, there was a situation between me and one of your staff Latia Viola (cashier).
I asked the bagger where he placed my tomatoes, bananas and bread. Without answering he and the cashier began digging through my cart trying to find said items.
The cashier found them at the bottom of my cart below meats and heavy items. I asked, "why would you put these items at the bottom"? She replied, "you never asked me to put it on top, so here goodbye". At that point I was furious, I told her, "it is common sense to treat these items as you would eggs. I have been a customer at this location for the past 7 years and until tonight have never had any problems". She said don't talk to her like that, at this point I raised my voice where she could hear me and asked to speak to her manager because ethics and good customer service does not come from education but by way of life. Also included that she is is the wrong line of work because of her attitude.
The Manager came, he said he didn't see a problem and his employee is right to behave the way she did, because I already paid for these products. I said, "I didn't hand picked my vegetables for them to be squashed at checkout. The least they can do is get me a fresh batch". He insisted I get them myself, I was astonished that a store whom I almost spend 1000.00 every month as a loyal customer would treat me this way.
This is not customer service and yes I spoke loudly but this could have been avoided if only the cashier had said, "I am sorry ma'am if you like I can get you a fresh order of these items". This was unprofessional and that manager did nothing. They both should be fired for their behavior especially the cashier, I wasn't even talking to her but the bagger.
I have neighbors that were in line that witnessed the entire ordeal.
I wanted to reach out tho cooperate to give them an opportunity to fix this before I filed a complaint with the BBB and news stations.
As a loyal customer who at least spends over $14000.00 a year at this store I deserve an apology and that employee has to be fired. Action must be taken, this is not what your company stands for and its a bad reflection on you.

Sincerely,