Grupo VidantaBaffling fees

P Oct 22, 2020 Review updated:

On March 3, 2020, while I was on vacation at the Mayan Palace by Vidanta Riviera Maya in Cancun, I was tricked into a high pressure sales presentation during which I was unknowingly conned into a purchasing agreement that resulted in me paying $4, 900 to sell my current timeshare at Innseason Surfside Resort in exchange for a Limitless Vacation membership by Vidanta. I have since discovered that this was a scam and I have now purchased a debt of $65, 000 for $4, 900. This shocking realization is why I must immediately try to cancel this agreement in its entirety.

It started with a salesperson called Victor who took me and my children to a lunch and then through a very confusing route to a sales presentation room. He tried very hard to show me how their program can easily help me get rid of my current timeshare and get into a "wonderful" vacation club with many promised benefits, for a total price of $4, 900. When I showed tremendous hesitation, a manager (name unknown) was called over to show me a "F.V.I." (First Visit Incentive) deal that I must decide right there and right then. Since my husband was not with me and I was unable to get through to his cell phone, I was finally (5 hours later) pressured into signing the documents by myself, without his signature or consent.

Upon returning home, I called the various numbers that were provided in their welcome email and quickly realized that I was not dealing with Vidanta anymore. In fact, Vidanta would only deal with the so called "Resort Weeks" on the list of promised benefits. All the other items are through a network of various companies, none of which knew anything about my agreement or in a position to honor anything that were promised to me. The number of entities that I was bounced through was confusing and difficult to keep track of. The so-called 24/7 Concierge was nothing but a travel agent with an online travel company (The woman I spoke with directly confirmed that there's no such a thing as a vacation package as I was promised and that I am not the only angry customer who had been tricked into this deal). What I thought was Vidanta was not Vidanta at all. When I finally found a true Vidanta person, he informed me that Limitless Vacation has nothing to do with Vidanta. I was like a ping pong ball, bouncing from one company to another, with each one offering me a different phone number to call. When I attempted to look up Limitless Vacations and contact them directly, there are 2 Limitless Vacations websites. One of them without a logo looks completely sketchy and neither offered any contact information. Needless to say, I was completely shocked in disbelief that I had been so scammed. No one should be put through this mental agony and financial worries.

To make matters worse, this Vidanta deal involved a third-party timeshare resale company called Timeshare Resale Market (TRM). They have been contacting me to complete the sale of my timeshare for a fee $989. If we don't want to proceed, we will now owe Vidanta $65, 000 plus another fee to get out of the agreement. We contacted our current resort at Surfside and were told that we cannot sell our timeshare this way, which means this whole resale scheme is all fraudulent.

Given the current financial climate due to the coronavirus, we must exit this fraudulent agreement in order to minimize the financial impact to our family.

• Es
    eSprouse Nov 05, 2020

That's the best thing you can do, cancel the faudulent contract ASAP. https://www.timesharescam.com/