[Resolved] Mayan Palaceclass action lawsuit

S Review updated:

After an extensive investigation I found out that Mayan Palace faced a class action lawsuit on 2008 I´m not sure of the outcome but Nick Steele from Mayan palace stated the process didn´t take place due to the lack of evidence but I think he just said it to try stop me of pursuing to file a class action lawsuit again.

The class action lawsuit filed in California against the company back in March 2008 accusing El Grupo Mayan Palace of bilking U.S. citizens of “hundreds of millions of dollars” in Mayan Resorts timeshares, using “high-pressure fraudulent sales tactics that are comparable to the worst tactics ever employed by used car salesmen in a Hollywood movie.”

The complaint states that the “defendants earn hundreds of millions each year from such sales by systematically misrepresenting in sales presentations and documents the value of the timeshares they are selling. Defendants as part of their scheme also have misled Plaintiffs as to their rights under Mexican law.”

Here are the defendants: Desarollo Marina Vallarta SA de CV, El Grupo Mayan Palace, Daniel Chavez Moran, Daniel Omar Chavez, Scott Erikson, Casey Jon Owens, Canamere Inc., Huffsmith-Kohrville Inc., Preferred Vacations Inc., Premium Travel Services Inc., Resort Solutions Inc., Seven Oceans US Inc., AZM Marketing LLC, Resort Quality Controls Inc., Resort Condominiums International LLC, and Resorts International Marketing Corp.

If you would like to read the complete documentation here is the link http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/03/05/MayanTimeShares.pdf

• Resolution Statement

After having contact with the Grand Luxxe Customer Support staff, our issues have been taken care of. We have no pending issues with them.

• Vanessa Moore Oct 29, 2013

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories”:

• Ki
    Kimlconstantino Jan 17, 2020

@Vanessa Moore I booked this trip through vacation VIP last year and I read everything and they did not mention a time share pitch we needed to attend. Everyone was so subtle about it. We were so uncomfortable. We also had a man named Luis. He kept blaming us for having plans that we needed to get to. Also there was an American woman who was so cunty she was like ok so even if its free you won't buy it. I cant believe they'd treat their guests this way or as a company let their employees treat guests this way. I was so uncomfortable and wanted to cry. These people are aggresive

• Se
    Seib Neil Nov 14, 2013

• Va
    Vanessalopezmia Oct 09, 2014

how do I get rid of my timeshare! Help!

• Li
    Linde Hoff Nov 15, 2019

@Vanessalopezmia Contact Lonestar Transfer, a company out of Texas. They'll free you from your contract for good. You can trust them.

Vidanta-fraud Nov 16, 2019

@Linde Hoff Yes, I do! I have received this message into my email. I think it is from you. I started my complaints and sent it to Mexico's Attorney General. Please, let me know how can I joint this law-suit
    Fri, 15 Nov 2019 13:52:02 -0500
    Would you be interested in being involved in a class-action suit? I've contacted a law firm and am waiting to hear back whether they'll take the case. Just counting heads at this points to see who might join in in case they come back with a positive answer.

• eugeniia Oct 20, 2014

Timeshares have always been a bad buy. But for those who really feel they need one I make one recommendation: Never buy from the developer. Always wait for timeshares to appear on the secondary market, usually at half-price. People like you get excited at the new developments and jump right in, only to become disillusioned later and dump the property onto the secondary market, at a loss, for a patient, informed buyer to take advantage of. http://www.timesharescam.com/

• Su
    sunnyday226 Jul 12, 2017

Is there anyone out there still thinking of a class action suit against these snakes? How do we go about getting some resolution with the same types of problems?

• Ca
    Carovilli Jun 03, 2019

@sunnyday226 I am also interested in starting a class action suit against these bastards. How can we do it. So many many people in the U.S. have been scammed by them. Please let me know.

• Ca
    Carovilli Jun 03, 2019

@sunnyday226 Would love to do it. How cam we?

• Zd
    zdwoods129 Jul 16, 2019

@Carovilli I want in as well on the lawsuit.

Vidanta-fraud Oct 28, 2019

@Carovilli Very much into it!

• Ki
    Kiralh Nov 12, 2019

@sunnyday226 They ruined our honeymoon!!

Vidanta-fraud Nov 16, 2019

@sunnyday226 I do, please, include me. I have already sent my complaint to Mexico' s Attorney General

• Ge
    Geecruz63 Feb 19, 2020

@sunnyday226 I'm in for the lawsuit

Tampa100 Jan 20, 2019

They really do have no shame. I visited the riveria maya location multiple times over the past few years. This led to me developing a relationship with one of the saleswomen that became sexual. I was 19 years old at the time and she was 27. When I finally came to my senses and reported this to the company they did nothing to resolve the issue for my family.

Tampa100 Jan 20, 2019

@Tampa100 Speaks volumes about the people working for Vidanta and the company as a whole. She probably only got promoted to that position because she has a pretty face and a nice body. Even when the company finds out she sleeps around with the guests nothing gets done... what a joke.

Tampa100 Jan 20, 2019

@Tampa100 If Maybelline Hernandez is the one trying to sell you something then you are in for a treat!

Tampa100 Feb 15, 2019

@Tampa100 I would like to retract these statements, as they reflect inaccurate information and have no relation to this company.

• Li
    Linde Hoff Nov 15, 2019

Count me in on a class-action suit...they stole thousands from us and ruined our vacation and now our holiday season. Let's do it!!