Mayan Palaceclass action lawsuit

S

After an extensive investigation I found out that Mayan Palace faced a class action lawsuit on 2008 I´m not sure of the outcome but Nick Steele from Mayan palace stated the process didn´t take place due to the lack of evidence but I think he just said it to try stop me of pursuing to file a class action lawsuit again.

The class action lawsuit filed in California against the company back in March 2008 accusing El Grupo Mayan Palace of bilking U.S. citizens of “hundreds of millions of dollars” in Mayan Resorts timeshares, using “high-pressure fraudulent sales tactics that are comparable to the worst tactics ever employed by used car salesmen in a Hollywood movie.”

The complaint states that the “defendants earn hundreds of millions each year from such sales by systematically misrepresenting in sales presentations and documents the value of the timeshares they are selling. Defendants as part of their scheme also have misled Plaintiffs as to their rights under Mexican law.”

Here are the defendants: Desarollo Marina Vallarta SA de CV, El Grupo Mayan Palace, Daniel Chavez Moran, Daniel Omar Chavez, Scott Erikson, Casey Jon Owens, Canamere Inc., Huffsmith-Kohrville Inc., Preferred Vacations Inc., Premium Travel Services Inc., Resort Solutions Inc., Seven Oceans US Inc., AZM Marketing LLC, Resort Quality Controls Inc., Resort Condominiums International LLC, and Resorts International Marketing Corp.

If you would like to read the complete documentation here is the link http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/03/05/MayanTimeShares.pdf

RESOLVED

After having contact with the Grand Luxxe Customer Support staff, our issues have been taken care of. We have no pending issues with them.

Maira Isabel Hernandez Oct 13, 2020

I'm also a time share holder. I have been contacted from someone who works for Financial Acquisition Treading. To sell the investment I have with Vida Vacations Vallarta. I not sure if this is legit.

• Th
    Thomas Gottlieb Sep 28, 2020

I have been engaged and scammed the same way by what may be a spoof of BanksharesCorp.com. They c communicated with me the same way -- Financial Transaction, Mayan Palaces, and Bankshares. I would guess now that they are all sitting around the same kitchen table in Jalisco, massaging the victim by phone, but very well executed. They convince you to spend thousands of dollars to open a bank account to manage your $150K, sent by wire to a major American bank on behalf of a major Mexican bank. Then another wire to pay the IRS for failure to report earnings on past 8 years of earnings. Then another call for more $ for the IRS. Then demanding another wire to settle a cancellation agreement with me. They demand wires from you but promise their payments back in the form of a mailed check. I think it is wire fraud. I kept a 10-page detailed summary of my naivete that I will be sending to the SEC, New York District Attorney, etc., probably just a gesture, while my national bank is trying to retrieve my losses ( am not optimistic). They are very polished, sound very real, pick on people like me who are calculating risk vs. reward for playing who should be talking to their own financial advisors, like accountants or attorneys. Glad to find you all.

Maricarmen Valladares Aug 03, 2020

Hi mi name is mary and I recibe the same call about el have rights for 65 stocks for the lawsuit and the company name is financial acquisition and trading lls in New York they contact us and tell about we need a Number certificate for the exchange of this stocks they tell us about the commission is 2% for the broker who resale the stock to vidanta and we only need to open a brockerage account with the bank the name of the bank is Bankshares corporation of the United States the both is in New York any of you receive the same call

SammyC6 Jul 21, 2020

Hi guys, I too as many of you have stated got a call from SMC (Securities Management Consultants INC), and after just speaking to them a few times, I can tell you clear cut that is a SCAM and to stay the F away!

There is a link to a thread where some unfortunate people have lost 80k+ to this scam, and several others lost additional 5-figures.

Here is what they will do. They will make you go through a bunch of different representatives, sign documents and then they will make you open up an offshore account where they say they will send the money. Then they say they require a 10% deposit of the full amount to be deposited in that account. Then they will throw in some other foreign transaction fee at 4% for you to pay them upfront. Then some other Department of Justice fee, etc, etc.

Please do not fall for this scam. The way I was able to identify it was a fraud is when SMC first told me to call a specific number to get my certificate number, I realized the same person picked up each time (VICTORIA RAMOS). So I called Vidanta and asked for my certificate number and they said no such thing existed. When I called that specific number given by SMC again, nobody picked up. Therefore I knew something wasn't right.

Also SECURITIES MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS is the most basic, and fake-sounding name I have ever heard for a Wall Street company. I didn't have to go any further, but as you can see from the above link, many people did. So please stay away!!

• De
    deannadeanna Jul 21, 2020

Got a call just like most of you from Security Management Consultants. # [protected] Andrew Romo.
    His rhetoric was just like that of a used care salesman. I was just checking everything out before proceding
    but will not procede now after reading all of your posts. He gave me a CRD # 5975676 and a license
    # 262638
    The # he asked me to call [protected] is no longer in service from Sat 7/18/2020!
    NPNJ107

• Mr
    Mrs. LSM Jul 19, 2020

I too have gotten the call out of the blue, from Broker in SMC, explaining class action suit and the court judgement to get all members to get proper settlement $ per shares held at a given value quote from Vidanta. that was 1st man lingo; #2 man was SMC's Validator saying my certificate number was valid; #3 man was Legal Dept man saying the process and I was getting stock selling contract to completed in 24 hrs and email immediately all signatures/permission of 3 pages of articles/technical language; #4 man was a Banker in PIBC in NYC, NY location= as banker I needed to set up a PIBC Banking account + put in minimum deposit of my $ at 4% figure by 2 days to his PIBC as underwriter to complete 12 pages woth of data and send $ to activate that bank account after they get my $ . Strange? Then lastly, within less than next 24hrs the broker sells the unlisted stocks, puts the stock sale money into that brokerage and bank account and I get settlement money...Long drawn out. I ask all public, Did any one go through all this, put a deposit of money from personal source in PIBC and get that account protected and get full balance as promised - the 2% broker fees taken out and feel good? Why put in $ to get $...sounds like a BIG elaborate SCAM. All my advisors say NO it is not legit. They site websites to try to authenticate the morality of this business.

• Da
    David2500 Aug 07, 2020

@Mrs. LSM You are right, this is a scam. The class action lawsuit was rejected by the California Court in December 2008, but they only reference the complaint. Look at Monugian v Desarrollo No. CV081497GAFAJWX, 2008 WL [protected] Central District Cal. Dec. 15, 2008.)The same scam is now being done under the name Financial Acquisition Advisors, with Bankcorp as the alleged trading account where you put your money, and they take out their commission.

• Nk
    Nk yarra Jul 01, 2020

Yes these are real criminals and interested in collecting money and bring fraud themselves warn of fraud by enslaving the time share holders.
    They hide in Mexico and they must be prohibited to sell anything to USA citizens unless they have an office in USA and has security exchange commission registration.
    All those who own must join and not pay the dues and file a lawsuit if any good at this point.

• Bl
    Bloom8800 Jul 02, 2020

@Nk yarra call Vidanta. Its a SCAM!!!

• Pd
    pdl1 Jun 20, 2020

We heard the same thing but cannot decide if this is legit or not. We were issued the "certificate" number from supposedly Desarollo Marina Vallarta corporate office to provide to the authorized broker ( Securities Management Consultants). The stock/sale order to claim supposedly expires in 10 days. Any experience from others would be appreciated.

• To
    Tolstoy Jul 09, 2020

@pdl1 Have you any updated info yet?
    If the 2008 Class Action suit was resolved, has anyone received any official paperwork from any official legal representation? We should be able to receive something more official than an unproven phone call out of the blue.

• Bl
    Bloom8800 Jul 02, 2020

@pdl1 Same here! Any information?

Mars00 Jun 19, 2020

We also received the call and received the stock sale order. Funny how all the numbers lead to the same person.

• Pt
    PtGrM Jun 19, 2020

Has anyone else been contacted by a company called SMC (Securities Management Consultants) claiming to be a brokerage firm for Vidanta (Desarrollo Marina Vallarta) who apparently had a class action lawsuit they were liable for their fraudulent transactions and will buy back "shares" that are worth approx $2500 per share. Although you must go through a share sale and this broker get a commission. It seems like a very complicated scam. I've gone through the process to see how they are trying to get money and/or critical identity or financial information.

Andy Leddington Jun 28, 2020

@PtGrM i have recieved the same call and message anyone else shed any light on whether this legitimate or not ?

• Be
    Beth Sheinis Jun 04, 2020

Was there a class action lawsuit against Grand Mayan? I was contacted by a broker who says we are due money but I am Leary.

• To
    Tolstoy Jul 09, 2020

@PtGrM Any results from the SEC inquiry? If no one is ever responded to, then we should presume their scams continue and SEC can and is doing nothing about it?
    Perhaps someone who knows an appropriate attorney can help us all work together to get either a Mexican court or the SEC to solve the dilemma!

• Pt
    PtGrM Jun 19, 2020

@Beth Sheinis I believe its a scam. I too was contacted and went through the process until I received the documents to see how they were trying to embezzle money. We are reporting them to the SEC.

• Li
    Linde Hoff Nov 15, 2019

Count me in on a class-action suit...they stole thousands from us and ruined our vacation and now our holiday season. Let's do it!!

Tampa100 Jan 20, 2019

They really do have no shame. I visited the riveria maya location multiple times over the past few years. This led to me developing a relationship with one of the saleswomen that became sexual. I was 19 years old at the time and she was 27. When I finally came to my senses and reported this to the company they did nothing to resolve the issue for my family.

Tampa100 Feb 15, 2019

@Tampa100 I would like to retract these statements, as they reflect inaccurate information and have no relation to this company.

Tampa100 Jan 20, 2019

@Tampa100 If Maybelline Hernandez is the one trying to sell you something then you are in for a treat!

Tampa100 Jan 20, 2019

@Tampa100 Speaks volumes about the people working for Vidanta and the company as a whole. She probably only got promoted to that position because she has a pretty face and a nice body. Even when the company finds out she sleeps around with the guests nothing gets done... what a joke.

• Su
    sunnyday226 Jul 12, 2017

Is there anyone out there still thinking of a class action suit against these snakes? How do we go about getting some resolution with the same types of problems?

• Ge
    Geecruz63 Feb 19, 2020

@sunnyday226 I'm in for the lawsuit

Vidanta-fraud Nov 16, 2019

@sunnyday226 I do, please, include me. I have already sent my complaint to Mexico' s Attorney General

• Ki
    Kiralh Nov 12, 2019

@sunnyday226 They ruined our honeymoon!!

Vidanta-fraud Oct 28, 2019

@Carovilli Very much into it!

• Zd
    zdwoods129 Jul 16, 2019

@Carovilli I want in as well on the lawsuit.

• Ca
    Carovilli Jun 03, 2019

@sunnyday226 Would love to do it. How cam we?

• Ca
    Carovilli Jun 03, 2019

@sunnyday226 I am also interested in starting a class action suit against these [censored]. How can we do it. So many many people in the U.S. have been scammed by them. Please let me know.

• eugeniia Oct 20, 2014

Timeshares have always been a bad buy. But for those who really feel they need one I make one recommendation: Never buy from the developer. Always wait for timeshares to appear on the secondary market, usually at half-price. People like you get excited at the new developments and jump right in, only to become disillusioned later and dump the property onto the secondary market, at a loss, for a patient, informed buyer to take advantage of. http://www.timesharescam.com/

• Va
    Vanessalopezmia Oct 09, 2014

how do I get rid of my timeshare! Help!

Vic Manuelli Jan 13, 2021

@Zulinda Jones Hello. I just read your comment and this is EXACTLY what I am experiencing at the moment. They changed their operating name but the MO is the same. What was your outcome. They have not asked for any personal info or front money and cannot quite understand it, but stinks scam the entire way. Appreciate any response .Thank you.

• Zu
    Zulinda Jones Jan 12, 2021

@Vidanta-fraud Can a Canadian get involved in this lawsuit ?
    I've had a company calling me from New York #[protected] called Fianacial TD.
    Something is fishy about them. The said they were trying to help me with the Class Action suit. I would have to use there broker to get $1850.00 . There fee would be 2.48%.
    I've been ignoring them for almost a year. However they have up the ante.saying I can make 125, 000 from the suit.
    Also Vidanta is going public with there shares.
    I also read this group is working for Vindanta..
    What's going on with this company?
    As I said something is very fishy.
    Please contact me at [email protected] regarding information concerning the case and the New York company.
    Thank you for a response...Linda

Vidanta-fraud Nov 16, 2019

@Linde Hoff Yes, I do! I have received this message into my email. I think it is from you. I started my complaints and sent it to Mexico's Attorney General. Please, let me know how can I joint this law-suit
    Fri, 15 Nov 2019 13:52:02 -0500
    Would you be interested in being involved in a class-action suit? I've contacted a law firm and am waiting to hear back whether they'll take the case. Just counting heads at this points to see who might join in in case they come back with a positive answer.

• Li
    Linde Hoff Nov 15, 2019

@Vanessalopezmia Contact Lonestar Transfer, a company out of Texas. They'll free you from your contract for good. You can trust them.

• Se
    Seib Neil Nov 14, 2013

• Vanessa Moore Oct 29, 2013

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories”:

• Ki
    Kimlconstantino Jan 17, 2020

@Vanessa Moore I booked this trip through vacation VIP last year and I read everything and they did not mention a time share pitch we needed to attend. Everyone was so subtle about it. We were so uncomfortable. We also had a man named Luis. He kept blaming us for having plans that we needed to get to. Also there was an American woman who was so cunty she was like ok so even if its free you won't buy it. I cant believe they'd treat their guests this way or as a company let their employees treat guests this way. I was so uncomfortable and wanted to cry. These people are aggresive