[Resolved] Mayan Palace — class action lawsuit
After an extensive investigation I found out that Mayan Palace faced a class action lawsuit on 2008 I´m not sure of the outcome but Nick Steele from Mayan palace stated the process didn´t take place due to the lack of evidence but I think he just said it to try stop me of pursuing to file a class action lawsuit again.
The class action lawsuit filed in California against the company back in March 2008 accusing El Grupo Mayan Palace of bilking U.S. citizens of “hundreds of millions of dollars” in Mayan Resorts timeshares, using “high-pressure fraudulent sales tactics that are comparable to the worst tactics ever employed by used car salesmen in a Hollywood movie.”
The complaint states that the “defendants earn hundreds of millions each year from such sales by systematically misrepresenting in sales presentations and documents the value of the timeshares they are selling. Defendants as part of their scheme also have misled Plaintiffs as to their rights under Mexican law.”
Here are the defendants: Desarollo Marina Vallarta SA de CV, El Grupo Mayan Palace, Daniel Chavez Moran, Daniel Omar Chavez, Scott Erikson, Casey Jon Owens, Canamere Inc., Huffsmith-Kohrville Inc., Preferred Vacations Inc., Premium Travel Services Inc., Resort Solutions Inc., Seven Oceans US Inc., AZM Marketing LLC, Resort Quality Controls Inc., Resort Condominiums International LLC, and Resorts International Marketing Corp.
If you would like to read the complete documentation here is the link http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/03/05/MayanTimeShares.pdf
After having contact with the Grand Luxxe Customer Support staff, our issues have been taken care of. We have no pending issues with them.
More Mayan Palace Complaints & Reviews
- Mayan Palace - Mexican Timeshare took hundreds of millions
- Vida Vacations / Vidanta - Timeshare scam
- Mayan Palace - Scam
- Mayan Palace - LIES BY SALES PEOPLE
- Mayan Palace - Evil, lying salespeople that made us walk in the heat by ourselves, with our small children, out of this hell hole to find a taxi back to our resort
- Vidanta - Won't refund deposit
- Mayan Palace - mayan palace awful timeshare experience
- Mayan Palace - They ruined my vacations.
- Mayan Palace - Credit Card Cloned
- Vidanta - Fraudulent Sales Practice of Acapulco sales office