Having problems with Grupo Vidanta?

1800 292 9446 (Mexico)
+52 322 176 1431 (Other Countries)
+1 800 292 9446 (USA and Canada)
+44 800 096 9367 (United Kingdom)
+52 322 226 4000 (Nuevo Vallarta & Puerto Penasco Resorts)
+52 984 206 4000 (Riviera Maya Resort)
+52 624 163 4000 (Los Cabos Resort)
+52 744 469 6000 (Acapulco Resort)
+52 669 989 4000 (Mazatlan Resort)
+52 322 226 6000 (Puerto Vallarta Resort)
Paseo de las Moras S/N Fraccionamiento Náutico Turístico C.P.
Nuevo Vallarta Nayarit
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Resorts

Nuevo Vallarta
Av. Paseo de las Moras,  Fracc. Náutico Turístico,  Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit  63735

Riviera Maya
Km 48 Carretera Federal Cancun – Playa del Carmen Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico 77710

Los Cabos
Boulevard San José s/n Lote 12 Campo de Golf San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico 23400

Acapulco
Av Costera de las Palmas № 1121 Fracc. Playa Diamante Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico 39900

Puerto Peñasco & Puerto Vallarta
Paseo de la Marina Sur S/N Fracc. Marina Vallarta, Mexico 48354

Mazatlán
Av Sabalo Cerritos S/N Zona Hotelera Norte Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] class action lawsuit

After an extensive investigation I found out that Mayan Palace faced a class action lawsuit on 2008 I´m...

[Resolved] The perfect business.

After a long research on the internet I found Mayan's non-disclosure agreement. The person who uploaded it stated Mayan provided it in order to reach a resolution at first I thought mayan really cared about their reputation, now I think they have created a very profitable business model. They simple let the salespeople to promise whatever they want then once the client realize he is in trouble and contact mayan, they just offer the cancellation with no refund.

If you would like to read the agreement just click on link

RESOLVED

After having contact with the Grand Luxxe Customer Support staff, our issues have been taken care of. We have no pending issues with them.

Brittany Smith Oct 08, 2013

I agree with you. My husband and I were blatantly lied to about the mayan palace timeshare membership benefits. We discovered later and have since been trying to get out of the contract; but they dont seem to care at all if the sales people has lied or has given wrongful information; we have stressed this out to their service department but they simply do not care. All they want is to force us to stay. Sooner or later youll probably get a response here from a "Customer Service Representative" trying to apologize and convince you to contact them, DO NOT trust them! they are not able to do anything regarding of your problem, they just want to "clean" their terrible reputation. This is a good article about Mayan Palace:

• Se
    Seib Neil Nov 14, 2013

They ruined my vacations.

Mayan Palace promised I will be able rent the timeshare and make money out of it, they say it was extremely...

[Resolved] Fraudulent sales!

Here is our story: It's probably the same story everyone has- we were highly pressured into buying thi...

Credit Card Cloned

My husband and I took a vacation to Mexico. what appeared to be a relaxing trip, turned in to a nightmare on the second day when we were invited to a ¨Free Breakfast¨ for ninty minutes. We purchased $36.000 with the same rental pitch hoping to use our weeks to pay it off.When we got back and realized we couln´t afford this purchase, we tried to cancel, no one from Mayan Palace accepted our Cancelation petition. Fortunately enough, we were able to cancel using the services from an attorney in Mexico. I suggest you to read this article on how to proceed legally against mayan palace:

Brittany Smith Dec 18, 2013

My experience with the Mayan Palace timeshares has been horrible... From today back to day one, 10 years, and I receive bogus calls from agents wanting me to list it with them on a regular basis... Enjoy the stay, but don't buy... You will regret it as most folks I know that own do... If you're old, have plenty of money and wish to trade around, that's great - but the hoopla about how much money you save as a family vaca over the years is a real stretch. Do Not Buy Into Their Logic... Once you are in, it is impossible to get out:

Just for the money...

A Mayan Palace Timeshare is one of the worst purchases you could ever make, you basically end up buying a whole of nothing for a high price. You are not alone of this, there are lots of people who have become a vicitim of a timeshare scam in Mayan Palace. Mayan Palace sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. It is too common for the sales representative to offer you an upgrade if you already own a timeshare with them. This is a good article on how to get out of a mayan palace fraud:

janices Mar 02, 2013

I agree with you. My husband and I were blatantly lied to about the membership benefits. We discovered later and have since been trying to get out of the contract; but they don’t seem to care at all if the sales people has lied or has given wrongful information; we have stressed this out to their service department but they simply do not care. All they want is to force us to stay.

You should try to contact Carlos Gorozpee; he is nice and friendly, we have not been able to negotiate with him our contract cancellation but he responds to emails promptly. His address is [email protected]

Let me know if you are able to make any progress.

• Ro
    Robert Kinsey Mar 13, 2013

I've emailed [email protected] twice, as I reply I just get an automatic response saying he is out of the office and will contact me within 48 hrs but he doesn't. I'm running out of patience.

• Sr
    sruljancich Apr 08, 2013

I'm so frustrated with this criminals. I've been in communication with Craig Silva, he has not been helpful at all, contacting Mayan Palace is as helpful as not contacting them. As an example Craig Silva in his last communication said "I am sorry that you purchased for the wrong reasons and lack the vision and foresight that the rest of our happy owners have. "

He is not sorry for the misrepresentations, for the lies and for the scam I suffered but because I purchased for the wrong reasons?
    I'M SORRY THAT I TRUST IN MAYAN PALACE.

Holiday System International bait and switch

We signed an agreement with HSI last 10/30/2010 with our Amex card believing it was Mayan Riviera.It was high pressure selling and long hours ordeal. When we got back to our hotel we start searching the Internet and found out lots of complaint against this company. Two days after we signed the agreement I contacted Emilio Criado who claimed he is the right hand man of the owner like he introduced himself but never returned our call. We immediately called Amex to hold payment while investigating our complaint.It took 3 months and finally Amex wrote us a letter stating that HSI will cancel but they will not refund our money.Being a good and loyal customer of American Express we expect that they will help us in this situation when we immedietly reported it 2 days after we signed that we got scammed but they did not.

• Vanessa Moore Apr 15, 2013

It doesn't really surprise me to read these type of complaints about Mayan Palace, they are indeed very high-pressure and a fraudulent company. In Mexico however, you have 5 business days to cancel the contract. I'm sorry you fell for this scam, but at least now you don't have any attachments to the resort. You should read this article on how most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed:

Mexican Timeshare took hundreds of millions

LOS ANGELES (CN) - A federal class action complaint accuses El Grupo Mayan Palace of bilking U.S. citizens of...

Run away from them

I worked for the mayan palace for about 3 months. that was until i quit due the fact that i could not live with the fact that the devil is alive and well every morning in the morning sales meetings.

at the mayan cancun, the manager encourages cheers as he announces the sales from the previous day from 7, 000 to 300, 000. he also however encourages another manager to come over "for credibility" and bring a "resale" which is COMPLETE BS. The rental brokers are also BS and the Verification Loan Officer you visit after you sign all the contracts, is in on the deal. they DO NOT work for the developer and they know exactly how things were worded to you so they can "verify" it all over again.

I can go on and on, but to make it short, take it from someone who witnessed it first hand, DON'T BUY FROM THEM. and if you did, go immediately to PERFECO IN Mexico AND CANCEL IT. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A DIME OF "YOUR INVESTMENT BACK" ON RENTAL, NOR, will it work the way you were told. you also won't even be able to use the timeshare to return to another Mexico destination for 2-5 years.

all the salespeople walk out of there with 5 to 200, 000 a month OF YOUR MONEY! MY ADVICE -- JUST SPEND AS YOU GO AND FORGET TIME SHARE ALTOGETHER UNLESS IT'S IN THE UNITED STATES.

• Rick297 Apr 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the heads-up, i know Mayan Palace sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. This is actually a good article on how most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed:

• La
    lady_di Jul 17, 2013

Where can I get in touch with you, Remy?

Brittany Smith Nov 07, 2013

DO NOT DO THE MAYAN PALACE TIMESHARE PRESENTATION! We tried to say no until we were so tired of it we agreed to a 90 minute presentation for $100 USD per couple and 10% off of our charges for the week. The 90 minutes became 150 minutes. Each time they were ready to let us leave a different person prevented us from leaving. Very rude and dishonest. I had to express anger at the fifth person before they showed us the door. This left a sour taste in our mouths for the last few days:

Thieves

We bought a timeshare about 5 years ago and still regret it to this day. I feel we were taken advantage of in many ways. They prey on tourists. I am not sure how the sales people can sleep at night. I have deposited weeks with RCI and realized that there is never any thing available for trade. The only ones that are available are all inclusive resorts in Mexico that charge a fortune per person per day for food. We also realized after we spent about 17, 000 for our timeshare that other tourists got the same deal for about 1/3 the price. We were also told we couldn't get out of the contract because of some Mexican law but once I researched it when we arrived back in the states I found out that you do have 3 days to cancel your contract but when I called of course they said it was too late even though I told them we weren't told the truth from our salesperson. 95% of what he said was a lie. The timeshare sales people in Mexico is the one reason I do not like to go there. They are relentless, liars, thieves, and just give Mexico a bad name...do not buy a Mayan Palace Timeshare you will regret it.

• Di
    dia3766 Mar 31, 2010

sorry to hear you got sucked into a timeshare. They are expensive and not worth the money after all you have to pay fees for upkeep every week you are there. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out.

• Vi
    VianneyC Jun 18, 2013

We were also scammed. They claim they don't misrepresent themselves. Yet the promises and the drinks ease you into signing. Once you've done that, you are screwed. Through all the other initials on your contract, you realize you initialled, that they don't misrepresent themselves. Now you are up the creek. We had 2 timeshares they claimed that Alliance marketing would sell for us in 3 months max. We would recoup the money we paid at the Grand Luxxe and would net out ahead of the game. Well 15 months later, I am out $30k and I still have the original timeshares. I have also not heard a word from Alliance marketing in several months. Plus I found out they are a marketing group, thus not legally allowed to sell. I have had to take a 2nd mortgage out on my house. All the answers I have seen from the Mayan on various websites show they are not at all interested in helping out. Do they not have a concious? Fortunately, we could get out of our Mayan Palace Timeshare contract, I recommend you to read this article on how to do so:

• Bc
    bc11385 Jul 01, 2013

Beware of Vacation Class S.A. de C.V. (advertising The Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Grand Mayan, Vida Vacations, VidaSales and more).
    My mother and I traveled to Mexico to celebrate my graduation from college. After about seven hours traveling we were met at the airport in Cancun by some saleswoman misrepresenting her intention. The next day we were at their Grand Mayan where we were subjected to five hours of high-pressure sales tactics before we relented signing an English-only document purporting to be selling "lodging rights and services."

After getting away, we learned more about whom we had been picked up by from websites like tripadvisor, timesharescam, complaintsboard, scam, mescam, pissedconsumer, independenttraveler, and fodors, to name a few (all ending dot com). We notified the sales office that we cancel and asked for our downpayment back. They pretend to be confused and refuse.

We learned that Mexican law protects consumers under PROFECO; that all contracts regarding property in Mexico, including timeshares, must be in Spanish and bear certification by a Notario--neither of which was true for us; and that we can file a complaint in at any Mexican Consulate.

Our lawyer is putting together copies of their responses to share with you the names (and taunting words) of these sales people and the additional aliases they use. We hope that this post reaches you before you travel to Mexico, so you know to stay away from these people when they try to get you at the airport.

• Bc
    bc11385 Jul 08, 2013

My mother and I have received an "offer of settlement" (viewable at this link http://tinyurl.com/k3mggkf) that would obligate us to lie about our experience with these people who have identified themselves to us as Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Vida Vacation Club International Sales, Grupo Vida Vacation, Mayan Resorts, Riviera Maya, et al.

First, this offer purports to create a contractual relationship between us and another company, to wit: Premium International Vacations S.A. de C.V. We are trying to sever ties with the authors of this unpleasant chapter of our lives, not expand the list of characters.

Second, this offer purports to have us surrender our free speech rights, and goes further by obliging us to participate in marketing activities, such as posting positive comments, on behalf of the Premium International Vacations S.A. de C.V. and its unidentified "Affiliates, " for no consideration other than the return of our own money.

Third, this offer demands our silence, requiring us to keep these terms a secret, and never to speak about it, under threat. Meanwhile, we are suppose to trust that the "Person Offering Settlement" noted on this offer with an office at the Riviera Maya (a) has the authority to make this offer, and (b) will eventually refund our downpayment.

Who are these people? And why would any reputable hotel or resort allow them on their property to take our money? More importantly, why hasn't any of THESE hotels and resorts contacted us to resolve this?

SammiF Jan 06, 2014

Do NOT do the Mayan Palace Timeshare presentation! We tried to say no until we were so tired of it we agreed to a 90 minute presentation for $100 USD per couple and 10% off of our charges for the week. The 90 minutes became 150 minutes. Each time they were ready to let us leave a different person prevented us from leaving. Very rude and dishonest. I had to express anger at the fifth person before they showed us the door. This left a sour taste in our mouths for the last few days. This is a good article about Mayan Palace:

Scam

While on vacation in Nuevo Vallarta my wife and I were approached by a sales rep from the Mayan Palace to take a one hour timeshare presentation. We were told that we would recieve free gifts like cartons of cigarettes, alcohol, etc., for attending this one hour presentation. We were also told that we would be picked up and returned to our restort by taxi. To make a long story short, after one hour we told the sales rep that we did not want to buy a timeshare. The one hour presentation only took four hours, we were brow beaten by no fewer than seven sales reps, we did not recieve a single gift and to top it all off we were left stranded and had to find our own way back to our resort. We have been back to Mexico several times since and have avoided the Mayan Palace timeshare sales pitches like the plague. In closing, I would not accept a timeshare offer from the Mayan Palace if they offered it to me for free for the simple fact that I would not want to waste another four hours of my precious vacation and I can not afford what the Mayan Palace offers for free.

• Vida Vacations Jan 20, 2010

Dear Edwf87,

Thanks to one of our happy Members, we were pointed towards what appears to be a very uncharacteristic and misleading portrayal of our company and the terms and conditions associated with accepting an invitation to one our sales presentations. Although the information is clear in the signed documents, we continue to work towards an even clearer communication.

As outlandish as this post appears, we are grateful for the opportunity to address these claims and invite you to continue this dialogue by emailing us at [email protected] so that we can work on improving the sales process.

We are always striving to ensure good customer relations.

We truly appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
    Karen Rose
    Customer Support Representative.

• Sc
    scmdplj Feb 27, 2020

@Vida Vacations i dont believe thisresponse from Vida, I had a very similar experience from the complaint they are answering and i own a share through Vida. i was even threatened that i would lose benefits if i didnt "upgrade" by buying more. on top of that, recently when i tried to exchange through my exchange company Vida changed the value of my units to the point of me not having enough credits to stay at resorts where i have stayed for years, all without my knowledge or agreement. Bottom line is even if you buy with them they will change the terms without your agreement or knowledge.

• Frankly True Aug 08, 2010

To be honest, I owned a Mayan Palace Share since 2001 and have truly enjoyed using it every year, so much so that I chose to go to the presentation and upgraded to Grand Mayan last year. Yes the presentations are a bit hard sell, but just keep getting up to go--the deal will get better and better. But the resorts are beautiful and I have hardly ever had a complaint (Once about noise from a unit above that was being worked on, they tried to move us but failing that, they simply stopped the work--now that was impressive)...andI am a New Yorker...we expect the best and demand service!
    When I made my initial presentation appointment in 2001 I told them there was no way I would be buying (I was staying at the resort but was NOT obligated to go to the presentation--I chose to) I checked in on Friday and My Presentation was onTuesday, I was so happy with the resort and the service that I was slightly more open to it on Tuesday Morning, I stopped by the front desk and was horrified to find out that my Hometown New York had been attacked by terrorists (Yea Sept 11, 2001) I did not go tot he presentation, I went back to my room and sat watching the TV in shock. THe sales office never even called my room to ask where I was (I assume they knew the world had changed) Any way, the resort came to our emotional support in every way. Updates on airports, immediate notification our reservations would be extended until we could fly out (NO CHARGE for any extra nights/50% off on meals) On Thursday I went to the presentation, said no a few ties, until the price hit anumber that was very enticing. SoI bout it. Really decent people, and I have never regretted buying it, They even comped me a week for my charity to auction off.

• Is
    Isipo May 24, 2013

Mayan Palace sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. Most of the Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam being committed by the Sales representative is that they don’t let their buyers know they have a 5 days cooling period if they wish to cancel; instead, they repeatedly tell they buyers once the contract is being signed there is no cancellation period. This is a good article on how to get out of a Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam:

Jane78 Oct 21, 2013

Unfortunately you got hooked into a timeshare presentation; Mayan Palace timeshare resorts are known for particularly hard sell tactics. ALL the transfer companies, car rental companies, etc. are OUTSIDE the airport. The people between Customs and the doors to the outside are almost all timeshare reps (couple of kids trying to make a few bucks hauling luggage for folks also). If you go back to the Riviera Maya do not stop or talk to any of these people until you get outside. If you feel you must be polite just say No gracias and keep walking with your eyes down or straight ahead. Most of them wear these really official looking uniforms and will tell you all sorts of lies, like how you have to show them your transfer papers, etc. Just ignore them and keep going:

LIES BY SALES PEOPLE

I WAS TOLD BY THE SALES PERSON, THAT THEY WOULD TAKE MY OLD TIMESHARE, BECAUSE I COULD'NT HAVE BOTH PLACES. THEY SAID THEY WOULD GIVE THEM AWAY. I WAS GIVEN A FORM FOR THE TRANSFER WHICH THEY SAID WOULD GO TO A COMPANY NAME HOLIDAY TRANSFER. WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. AFTER 15 MONTHS I GET A CALL FROM HOLIDAY TRANSFER TELLING ME I STILL OWN THE OLD TIMESHARE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT SELL IT. NOW THE MAINTANCE FEE HAS GONE UP TO 200.00 DOLLARS MORE FOR LATE FEE. WHICH THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY. I TRIED TO CONTACT THE MAYAN PALACE AND THEY SAID NOTHING WAS IN WRITING ABOUT THEM TALKING MY OLD TIMESHARE. NOW I HAVE TWO TIMESHARES WHICH I CAN'T AFFORD. THE ONLY REASON I GOT THE TIMESHARE IN MEXICO WAS BECAUSE THE SALES PERSON SAID THEY WOULD TAKE MY OLD TIMESHARE. DO'NT TRUST THEM, ALL THEY DO IS TELL LIES. AND TAKE MONEY FROM HARD WORKING PEOPLE

• Ic
    ICEMAN217 Oct 14, 2009

My dispute with the Mayan Palace has been satisfactorily resolved. I have no further issues with the resort.

MarioMayan Nov 20, 2009

I'm glad that your issue was resolved. Mine is now resolved too, but what a hassle it was to get a final solution. They completely lied in the presentation, then when we tried to cancel, they were uncooperative, unresponsive and downright rude. I finally had to hire representation (see www.timesharescam.com) to help me out of this nightmare. They were able to cancel my contract, and now I can enjoy vacations where and when I want. I highly recommend them. Mayan Palace needs to be stopped!

• Us
    User1368115862 May 15, 2013

I'm not gonna deny that the resorts are beutiful, but the practices they use to sell timeshares are the worst. Mayan Palace salespeople always offer a trade-In, letting the buyer believe that Mayan Palace is going to take their other timeshare and sell them for them and deducting the cost of their new timeshare with Mayan Palace, but at the end you end up owning two timeshares and payments due for Mayan Palace turning it into in a double scam. I suggest you to read this article about Mayan Palace timeshare scams:

Brittany Smith Nov 21, 2013

It is the same old story with the Mayan Palace timeshare resorts (owner David Chavez) who does not care about what fraud he perpetrates on timeshare buyers. The same old adage applies, with regard to rental fees applicable, etc. It is fraud and there is right of rescission in Mexico no matter what program you buy, no matter what the horror show salespeople tell you. Heve not met one semi-honest one representing the mayan chain yet. Yes, we got scammed and bought, never again. These are the worst operators in the business. The name of the programs, Mayan Regency, The Dream, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Bliss, Grupo Luxxe change with regard to what they wish to charge. The upshot is if you are down the line in their program name game list you lose benefits. The tiger does not change its stripes. Beware:

Terrible company

When we arrived at the airport in Cozumel a man approached us and said he was a "Tourist Advisory". He gave...

Great Vacations Club

We have 11 weeks vacation with Vacation-Smart, AKA Great Vacations Club. We have been assigned a package...

Fraud

We also were scammed at the presentation of this timeshare....they would not take no for an answer....kept pressuring us I told them over & over we didn't want this timeshare they just brought manager after manager untill we signed then told us we were locked into the contract & we would loose our money we had put down.....I feel as tho they cheated us & lied to us....we talked to some other people that went to the presentation with the same results except they had no credit but they didn't want to pay what was promised if you attended the timeshare presentation...we thought we bought 4 weeks but we in fact did not....I did contact the mexican better business bureau...if you got the same treatment go to [protected]@profeco.gob.mx

• Ne
    next mayan salesperson Nov 12, 2009

As a mayan sales manager once said, "If we were doing this in the U.S.A we would all be in jail.

• Ed
    edd56 May 06, 2010

Hello Sandra,

Isn´t it exhausting having to deal with these kinds of situations? A similar situation happened to my husband and I, we were invited to a timeshare presentation and after 4 hours we decided not to buy. When we arrived home, we decided to investigate about it on the Internet and found hundreds of similar histories. Besides we found these interesting articles that I would like to share with the users of the forum, to avoid these situations.

• Rick297 Jul 10, 2013

Mayan Palace timeshare sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. The worst part is that dealing with Mayan Palace after the purchase of your timeshare can be a little frustrated. Especially because customer service won’t get you the answers you expect to get when it comes on how to use your timeshare or trying to Book your next vacations, lucky if you are able to do book anything. I recommend you to read this article on how most of the Mayan Palace timeshare scams are being committed and how to get out of them:

Evil, lying salespeople that made us walk in the heat by ourselves, with our small children, out of this hell hole to find a taxi back to our resort

We agreed at the PVR airport to a tour of the Mayan resort in exchange for a free taxi to our hotel and a free brunch. We were promised it would take no more than 90 minutes. We were there with our small children for 5 hours. Time after time, we said we were not buying and salesperson after salesperson were brought in to try to "convince" us to buy. It was very demeaning. I strive to not be rude but these people are beyond rude. I don't know how to deal with them in a civilized manner unless you just want to be harassed for hours on end. When I finally got upset and said, "We just want a taxi back to our hotel", we were sent WALKING in the heat to a building in the resort with our small children without even knowing where to go. It was beyond rude... it was downright dangerous as our youngest was near heatstroke and no one would direct us. We finally did find the place where our money from the airport salesman was returned (after a fight). I will never return there... even if they gave it to me at no charge. These people have sold their souls to the devil and have no heart. I don't even know if I can be angry at them. I feel sorry for their poor pathetic empty lives. You can't treat people like that every day without creating some major negative energy in your life.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices