Goodwill storereversed race discrimination - harassment

G

Since February of this year, I have been faced with harassment from black employees at the Chester, Virginia Good Will Store. Merchandise has been witheld from me, but saved until black customers come into this store. Yesterday I had tried to purchase of real silverware, but a black cashier grabbed it from the checkout counter and rushed to the back of the store since she said it might belong to a set. The peices of silver was mixed up in 4 or 5 boxes of cheap utincils. I had made a complaint and anotrher employee ( White ) had verified where I had gotten the silver forks, and spoons. When the black returned to the checkout, there were several peices gone. I have complained of many problems at this racist store, but apparently Goodwill doesn't recognise white males as having equal rights. This would never have happened to any black that entered the store.

Gwoods Aug 10, 2011

Chester, Virginia would be a very classy town except for many low class trash moving here. They should stay where're they're welcome and practice their racist daily rituals around their own kind. Our country and town owes these trash absolutely nothing!

Gwoods Aug 10, 2011

The headquarters for Goodwill Industries is located on Midlothian Turnpike in Richmond. I have desperately tried to communicate with several white female employees at their level of incompetence to the fact that blacks at the Goodwill Store in Chester harass and ripoff white male customer. In addition, harassment is an ongoing problem, but unfortunately the lower class at the Midlothian offic e feels that white males deserve trash from blacks. I have heard rumors that the racist store in Chester steals merchandise that has been donated by individuals and from businesses. Valuable jeewelry, furniture, clothes, etc., never reaches the floor for customers. Management tells staff not to allow certain white males who have complained not to allow them to purchase certain items.

Gwoods Aug 10, 2011

The Entire Goodwill Industry should be investigated for theft and racial harassment of white customers. Whre are the donations goin to? It it to the hands of thugs who feel that we aqll owe them something? I hear that a lot of valuable mercahndise never reaches customers.

• Op
    opalstar Aug 20, 2011

To answer Gwoods's question of where donated valuable merchandises are going at Goodwill Industries. They all go to the online auctions, www.shopgoodwill.com. The undervalued items go to all Goodwill retail stores. Most of those stores don't stock higher end for customers to be able to afford anymore. The stockrooms screen the best and low qualities. Most of the customers who frequent Goodwill could not afford winning or higher bid prices on items they would like to have. Unfair practice, totally!

• Fr
    Freeforall Jul 13, 2012

The same issues are apparent at the Waterville Store in Maine. I had a chain that the lady took to the counter and I never received it. On top of that I am discriminated against, often. I've been keeping a journal of all the incidents for the last 2 years, and its over-run with: thievery, mistreatment of customer, and embezzlement. Store staff makes piles for themselves to take home as donations arrive. Some re-sell these things to make profit (against store policy). I am followed and stared at, called Tinkerbelle, harassed and treated like a piece of poo. They also call friends to buy items. Most customers don't have much of a chance to purchase items of any value, Items are: chipped, broken, and labeled misleadingly. An item of value is taken, in some shape, fashion, or form: by it's employee's. I believe most Goodwill Stores are riddled with things of this nature happening. It's just scary how common and frequent it occurs

• Na
    Napa poem Oct 23, 2012

I totally. Agreed with you . I have my 3 items $150 left with the supervisor as the item mis lead or mis represent. Those would return for refund that we both agreed. Then the true what left for donate when I asked is pretentious as no time or busy until 4 months past. If those items are gone with no one response to them. I wii sue the company with small claim court . Goodwill is non profil but they are greedy employers.