Goodwill Indfalse advertisement

M

I worked at the Goodwill of Chattanooga. For the first year I worked at one of the attended donation sites. This consisted of a trailer placed in a parking lot where a building use to be. There was no restroom, no water, and little shelter from the elements. Ten hours a day six days a week. I moved on from there to become a Job Coach at the main offices. I saw a lot of things that were not right in my four years there. I learned that each state that refers people for job training to Goodwill pays that persons salary. The state also in a lot of cases supplies transportation and lunch money. I heard case managers and department directors, and supervisors make fun of clients, call them names(ie lurch, uncle fester). I've heard these same powers that be make racial remarks and jokes. I now see there is an ad in the want ads in which Goodwill is wanting to hire people to do the very same job clients(the people that supposedly your donations help) are meant to do. Goodwill is hiring people to do these jobs even while they send clients home due to lack of work. Please do NOT shop or donate to these people. This company was built on very good things. However at present there are some ( a lot actually) really bad seeds ruining the mission. Stop shopping with them and stop donating to them until they fix what's wrong!!