Having problems with Golden Corral?

Golden Corral reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review Me online easter dinner was canceled the day of. was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint high servers was resolved on May 15, 2014. Golden Corral has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 273 reviews. Golden Corral has resolved 13 complaints.

Golden Corral Customer Service Contacts

5151 Glenwood Ave.
Raleigh, Kentucky

Golden Corral Complaints & Reviews

Golden Corralfood

We was in your Branson restaurant on Aug. 9. We got there a little after 8:00 and our ticket was about $52. Some of the food was cold. The bourbon chicken was burned. The staff was more interested in getting the restaurant cleaned up than the customers. We had to ask another server to get more to drink because ours seemed to disappear. Our cups were completely empty. We feel we didn't get anywhere near what we paid.

Golden Corralemploy

Hello, My name is Mun Kang, and today is August 12th. Me and my friend named Kye, were at the Golden Corral off Military Highway in Norfolk Virginia(6103 N Military Highway) waiting for some Cheesy Hash Browns. The employee named Dennis Wright, was very rude, and was ignoring my friend Tye after he replaced the Hash Browns with rice. He then yelled it won't be out for another 20 minutes. As my friend Tye walked away, I heard Dennis Wright call my friend and "Idiot"

There was also a lady who also heard him make the comment as well. We spoke with the manager, and she eventually walked away, because we were unable to talk in a mannerly fashion. So I asked for his name, and told her I would report this incident because I explained to her there should me no name calling at work.

Thank you for taking this time to read my report.

Golden Corralgolden corral food

My family and I went to the golden corral located in Rock hill, SC today for lunch. It was about 230. They didn't have hardly ANY food!!! No meat except dry shrimp and some kind of chicken for rice. Thats not counting the number of sides that were empty as well. This is the 2nd time this has happened! My family has always enjoyed going there until recently. Something definitely needs to change around there before more business is lost.

Golden Corralburnt breakfast buffet blunder

#751 Billings, MT F-0009 Aug. 9, 2017. My husband and I are from out of town, and eat at the Billings Golden Corral almost every time we travel to Billings. Today we arrived at 10:29 a.m. for the Ultimate Breakfast Buffet, which in the past, has been good...but not today. What a disappointment! Most of the food was burned and inedible - eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes! They were out of bacon. The ham was cold. The omelette station was unusable due to an electrical problem or something - it had flames when she tried to cook. No juice (altho they said they never have juice except on Fri-Sun). No milk. We complained to two different servers and they tried to make things edible - thank you Tiffany and LaRae --- but for the price of $17.38 it is just too expensive for the little we were able to eat. I don't remember paying more on Fri-Sun for the same breakfast in the past but had juice and good food. In their defense, they did finally prepare an omelette for my husband in the kitchen and he said it was delicious. They were not busy. Possibly because other people had problems? Very disappointing. We were there last Saturday for the prime rib and it was excellent - so I know they can do it. I guess we are willing to keep trying but maybe a refund would be nice. I don't know if Josh is still there as the manager - but he has been very helpful in the past when we have had issues. I don't think we are all that picky but living as retired senior citizens on a fixed income makes dining out a special event and it is irritating when we spend good money for poor food.

Golden Corralno air conditioning

We went to golden corral in Tulsa, ok 71st mingo location on 8/4/17 the it was so hot you didn't want to eat and the two servers were abut to burn up!!! They had big fans on the floor didn't do much good. Fix your air conditioning please!!! The manager didn't seem to care about anything the servers he was chasing around i believe they called him mike he didn't give us a receipt either even when we asked for one!!!

Golden Corralabout mashed potatoes

I went to golden corral and the employees were rude and the food was so disgusting the employee cleaning the food areas sprayed Windex and it got on top of the salad everything was dirty bathrooms were. Mess I will never go there again for the price I payed I would have rather went to johnsincrediblepizza in the past the food was good but there is no taste of any sort it's just like water no flavor

about mashed potatoes

Golden Corralpersonnel

The lady working the front (drinks and register) on Monday August 7, 2017 at 6:00pm, who said her name was Tina, was rude and dismissive when we walked in and rushed us through the line as if she was in a hurry even though no one else was in line.
              When we left, our waiter wasn't in our area, so we went to the front to ask for refills in our to go cups. She was sweeping right beside the register and when we asked if she would please refill our drinks she huffed, looked around as if she was looking for someone else to send us to, and then she mumbles "you had to walk right past YOUR WAITER to ask ME that" (at this point our waiter came around from outside..proving he was nowhere near us) and she snatched the cup from my hand and filled it begrudgingly and with attitude.

Golden Corralgc miss treatment

hello I am coming from Albuquerque New Mexico and we have gone to Golden Corral in Albuquerque on San Mateo for quite some time and our last two visits we're totally embarrassing and was really mistreated the first day when I paid for our lunches the manager female lady did not speak proper English and she rang up the register she gave me my change along with the receipt and I normally just take it and put it in my pocket as I walked away she yelled out to me ma'am I gave you too much money and I looked at the receipt and the money and yes she did give me too much back which I didn't notice because it was folded up with the receipt it came out to $24.25 and we gave her $30.25 when I looked in my hand she had given us back $16 .75 and there was other people in line behind us. She went ahead and took the money back gave me back $4.75 which was still not correct I had to get get with our server to explain to her cuz her English was not right. This manager does not know how to properly count money or does not properly know how to greet people and extend a warm welcome to Golden Corral we went a second time but it was breakfast same lady manager was there very bad attitude would not talk to people write flies all over food all over the floor tables were not clean I took actual pictures that I have right now with me. Same female working the a.m. this GC has a lot of Native Americans that go there "ALOT" and I've seen her mistreat customers and do customers wrong and it's sad because they are the customers the same lady is just not friendly and she's making Golden Corral look really really bad I've observed many times but this time around I didn't appreciate her attitude and her response to certain requests I hope something can be done and if I need to be contacted for the pictures I'll be more than happy to submit them thank you for your time and understanding and I hope something can be done very soon because your company is getting a bad name for this lady's presents even the bathroom facilities were very very dirty and a customer brought it to her attention and she actually did nothing about it.

Golden Corralfood health concerns

My family was on vacation and we visited store #0854 and we were very disappointed in food. Especially after gnats were in the fruit dead, hair in the Mach and cheese and my husband got a steak and got sick and went to ER to find out bacteria was in the meat. This restaurant needs to be checked into. We paid $60.35 for a visit to ER and hair in my daughter mac and cheese. This is uncalled for and we are requesting full refund.

Golden Corralpoor business practices interfacing with customers

7/24/17 in Harrisonburg VA.

While ordering our meals, the employee at the register was careful to inquire about our grandchildren's ages so that he charged the correct amount. After ringing-up the receipt for them, my wife and I, I noticed an obscure little sign that advised to ask for senior discount if qualified. Since my wife and I DO qualify for that discount, I advised the cashier. He very smugly snickered and said ' "Too late now. I've already rung it up". That response really made my visit there a VERY disagreeable experience. There is no good excuse for not immediately editing the sale.

Golden Corralfood

My mother is a big fan of Golden Corral so I took her to one for her birthday. We went to the one in Winder, Georgia. The food was awful. Their was a brunch special going on at the time. The pancakes tasted horrible. I had to spit them out. The sausages were cold and hard. The yeast rolls were not soft and warn at all. I was very disappointed with my visit and my mother was too. The only thing that I was able to eat was the white rice and the bourbon chicken. I paid for a buffet and was limited to two items.

Golden Corral — bad food, roger [protected]

My wife and I love eating at Golden Corrals across America, we were so excited when we finally got a Golden...

Golden Corralmanagement

All I can say is Pikeville KY. Golden Corral either needs shut down or needs to be under new management. Servers standing around doing nothing tables stacked with dishes customers having to go get their own refills and I was told by one of the server's not doing anything that they will only work if their needed why hire these people trying to make a living if your not going to let them work plus I heard managers treating them employees very badly it's a complete and total disgrace something needs to be done..

Golden Corralfood

This is the second time now that I have visited the Golden Corral on East Main Street in Whitehall in Columbus Ohio the food's there are not that great last night upon going the chicken there was nothing but breasts I watch the customers Leaf through the chicken breasts looking for dark meat as myself look through dark meat the broccoli was dehydrated I watched and watched and waited for them to replace it and nothing was done about it the fish was cold and the breading was falling off of it.. the pinto beans were dehydrated and had no flavor the desserts were less than favorable the pudding was warm and the jello with Frozen. I only live 15 minutes from here and I love buffets but in all honesty if something isn't done about this place being dirty and the food being bad you're going to lose business and good customers sincerely Jodi

Golden Coralrude assistant manager

I went to the Huntsville Alabama location to have dinner. Having driven over 15 miles from Madison into Huntsville past several restaurants I was treated very rudely. I was inline to pay with no one behind me and an Assistant Manager came up to obtain paperwork from the cashier which began a conversation between the two of them. The cashier turn his back on me and at that point I loudly said "right here" whereupon the Assistant Manager scowled at me. I asked her what was she staring at with the reply "YOU". I said I was there to pay for a meal. I was incensed at callous disregard exhibited by both of them and demanded my money back. The cashier then sarcastically said, "Have a day".

I complained to the corporate office and received a call from the district manager. I asked him several questions along the line of is it the stated policy for ANY of this to happen. The District Manger knew exactly who that Assistant manager was. At the end He asked "if that was it?" I said well as an apology how about a free meal. His response was "is that what this is about", I said no and how about sending me a coupon or letter for a free meal. He took my address and I waited for two weeks without further response. I felt that the least that could have been done given I specifically waited driving past several restaurants I have been at before the very least that could have been done is a free meal for my inconvenience.

Since nothing happened I wrote a letter to the corporate office and that letter was sent three weeks ago...nothing has happened from them either. They apparently are more concerned about the dollar than a past customer. I usually vote with my dollar in situations like this and my dollars won't go into their coffers again!!

Golden Corral — dirty restaurant, poor food quality, limited food

On Sunday July 23, 2017 at 19:03 hr my family stopped at the Golden Corral store number 973, check number...

Golden Corral — overall service was a disaster!!

As a Member of the Military, tonight's service was unsatisfactory! Took my family to the restaurant in Glen...

Golden Corraldiscrimination

We have been going to th GC in Altamonte SP in FL for over 25 years. I have lost over 100 lbs and cannot eat a full adult meal so all restaurants allow me to order a lunch portion or a kid size meal. This store when told we wanted 1 adult and 1 kid rang us through then the mgr came to our table and I had ENT even had ANY food and told us we had to pay full price that only people with gastric bypass would have a small meal price! Just because I did not choose to have a gastric bypass and lost the weight over a two year span doesn't mean I can eat as much as a regular adult meal. My husband paid the now exorbitant price for his meal ( which costs the same as a great meal at Outback) and I would have had a small child amount. The Mgr was rude and abusive and when told we would not be eating and we wanted a refund he would only give a refund for the child amount we paid and not the adult amount. He said he could only refund 1 meal. Your company is now off our favored list and is now going to be shared and tweeted as being a rip off company who discriminates against people who can't eat a full adult meal. Everyone we know who are on the weight loss program we are on will know that Golden Corral is not the place to eat anymore and that your prices and policies are discriminating against people who have lost weight and can't or don't eat full adult meals.
                              Thousands of women and their families will be advised of your companies policy to discriminate and promote Fat Americans!
                              Americans are trying to slim down and your company is not helping!
                              Sincerely, Sandra and George Olio

Golden Corralmeatloaf, string beans, barbecue, chicken fish

I've been eating at Golden Corral for at least 8yrs. Since the time I've been eating there I've noticed that the products I've mention are extremely salty. I once was a store manager for a different company and I know that salt is used as a preservative. But how long is the food out that it needs to be smothered in sodium. It is so much sodium that I go to Cracker Burral because their food isn't overly salted. If I go to another restaurant because of the sodium I know at least one out of 5 do the same adding those numbers across the board it won't be long before the company will go out of business in this internet driven society. I've never been wrong about store closings because I know what it takes to kill a business. There are only a few people who don't care what they put in their bodies and they don't support businesses consistently because they can't afford to because if bad health and doctors bills. So just think about backing off of the sodium so people can taste the food and not just the sugar and salt.

Golden Corralfood, drink, temp

Coke was watered down. Asked for new one, told I couldn't get a replacememt. Finally did, new one tasted just as bad. Wasted money on it as I was wanting to take it to go. Terribly hot in restaurant. Didn't enjoy eating enough due to this. Food on tables looked old. Didn't eat what I'd like to because it was covered with an old film as though it sat for hrs. Disappointed!