Having problems with Golden Corral?

Golden Corral reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review Me online easter dinner was canceled the day of. was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint high servers was resolved on May 15, 2014. Golden Corral has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 273 reviews. Golden Corral has resolved 13 complaints.

Golden Corral Customer Service Contacts

5151 Glenwood Ave.
Raleigh, Kentucky

Golden Corral Complaints & Reviews

Golden Corralservice at huntington, wv

Our rare visit to Golden Corral today was a reminder as to why we don't go often. Our server didn't come to our table, until almost ready to leave. Which by the way would have been earlier if my husband wasn't waiting her out for a refill. He continuously coughed to get that. However she did go to all of the tables around us. We don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Golden Corralinjury from a dropped/crack bus tub

We went to golden corral tonight. Had a great meal always great friendly service. Our favorite place to go to treat ourselves. Was a great place. Copy of receipt and my injuries below. I was standing at the dessert section debating. The busser was literally inches from me when the handle cracked and a full tub of dishes and half eaten food fell plates and silverware bouncing off both my feet and ankles food hitting my shoes. A steak knife grazed the top of my right foot scraping covered with food. The plates bouncing off my feet. It was all quite shocking and painful to say the least. Also embarrassing as I stood there trying not to fall while my daughter helped them clean up the mess. Holding back tears not making a scene (I was raised not to do that). Eventually as I limped back to my table our waitress asked if I was ok. I needed an ice pack. I sat there for several minutes. No manager came by to check on me ask about an accident report nothing. As I was limping out ice bag in hand the manager was chatting it up with the cashier. I was not expecting anything except common courtesy from a manager wanting to know a customer was alright after being injured. Not even a glance. A huge party of 80 just left before this happened so the restaurant was pretty empty and the crashing bus tub was very loud. Very disappointed in the lack of concern. I have worked in restaurants and my daughter works at one currently. She was shocked by lack of concern. She was expecting a manager to come over too. She said that would never happened where she works. She went on to say managers are sent to customers for a lot less. Fast food protocol makes sure all injuries workers or customers fill out accident reports. Golden corral did not care. You may not care but I will not be going back. I have severe nerve damage in my feet and hands. I also have spinal and cervical damage so this accident adding to the pain I was already in. Just wanted a good family dinner with my kids. This was a nightmare. Add insult to injury watching the manager casually chatting up the cashier.

Golden Corraltime of operations

The display on window states hours of operation to begin at 9:30am While a few people standing outside waiting to enter we were told that the restaurant did not open until 10:00am. It also shows on the web that 9:30 is the also the opening time for the restaurant!!! It was a very timely decision which we based on the hours of operation stated on the website.

Golden Corralfood was cold and nasty

Me and my family attended this restaurant on Sunday September 17, 2017 around 2pm.The food on the line was horrible looking. I kept waiting for maybe fresher food and clean up after waiting 35 minutes I went up there me and my family got our food and as we was eating it was cold, tasted like it was up on line for a while and the chicken was uncooked I showed the server and all he said was. He will tell cook so we waited another 26 minutes went back up there got back to table and still the food was no better. We asked to talk to manager of and waited of course no manager showed up. After not eating and not seeing a manager we left I came on here to get some type of assistance. My location of services was at Kenner Louisiana restaurant.. Sandra andrews [protected]

Golden Corralproduct not provide as advertised.

Sept. 17, 2017
          Store
          G C
          4250 Southside Blvd.
          Jax., Fl. 32216

Grilled Shrimp (Shrimp of any kind) was not provided as advertised for weekend price. When asked about item, no response was given. Prime Rib also @ weekend pricing was cut down to scraps and not replaced. When asked no response. The only Fried chicken were whole 3 part wings ( fried or BBQ ) not usual fried chicken setting. We had started eating salads before we noticed menu bar items not being provided. Refund or store credit is desirable resolution to this complaint.

Golden Corralfood was horrible

We have been going to the Golden Corral in North Myrtle Beach for years. We live in Murrells Inlet so it's a good distance away from us. Never had a bad experience until Saturday night 9/16/17. The food was horrible. The chicken breast was so hard I had to take a knife to cut it, it also tasted burned. The chicken legs on the front line were cold. The pasta and the tomatoes sauce well this tasted like it was in a dirty pan. The fried ravioli was dry and hard also. My husband's steak wasn't cooked right twice, the watermelon on the bar was soft and gross. The mashed potatoes were good and my tea and 1 roll. I am a 56 year old lady who really never makes a complaint. I have worked in the food industry for 30 plus years. So I understand things can happen but for my husband and myself this was the worse dining experience we have ever had. I don't know if it's under new management or new Cooks but the temperatures clearly were not be taken or the food would not have been out cold. I am a retired deli/bakery mgr so I do know how the health Dept temperature readings have to be done. If this is under new management then you have a problem. This is why we quit going to the one inyrtle Beach food was horrible. We were just at the North Myrtle Beach location for breakfast two weeks ago it was wonderful. But I do not appreciate paying $38.41 for two adult meals and only having tea and a roll and alittle mashed potatoes. It was extremely busy looked like management was busy or I would have given my opinion. Food temperatures must be monitored and checked constantly in order to maintain your correct serving temperature so you don't make some sick. I am really disappointed in what occurred Saturday evening in your establishment. The waitress even said you are too hungry tonight. But there were so many people around I just didn't want to cause a scene. Waitress was great had no issues with her. My husband agreed the food was really nasty tonight and trust me he can eat and this was his favorite place. Serving this food at an unsafe temperature could really cause some serious issues for someone. I do not know how often the health department inspects your establishment but this is not safe for anyone. I doubt we will return to this establishment again.

Sincerely yours,
            Jackie C Peake

Golden Corraldiscount

To whom it may concern.

I'm disappointed that the manager at this Orlando location would not give me the child price for my dinner. After showing him my medical card he informed me; he was not allowed to give me the child price and that it was because of corporate. It was out of his hands.

My family and I eat out quite often. We have never had a restaurant not honor the card or the fact I eat as much as a 6 old.

There is a lot of weight loss procedures offered and more people are having this done. I think it's time to reconsider your policy.

Not so hungry in Holiday,

Anita

P.s. I meant to get this letter out to you sooner.  I was in the direct path of Irma and had other things to attend to.

Golden Corraladvertised items not available

I visited the Golden Corral in Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga a while back and asked for the Tempura fried fish and chips. I was told to have baked or crumbed fish and fries. I asked them to please make the items specifically advertised. Tonight it was the exact same thing. In fact, they had no idea what tempura battered fish was. I find this unacceptable. Don't advertise something you have no intention of making.

advertised items not available
                advertised items not available

Golden Corralservice

My daughter and I was at Golden Corral in Waco Texas on September 3 . I was meat counter getting some meat when young lady came out from counter with a tray of drinks Well some how the tray became unbalance she dropped some of the drinks I felt liquids hit my back and all over my shoes but I turn around the young lady still had some drinks on the tray The drinks that left on the tray she just dropped it to the floor which cause another big splash of sticky liquids going over me again The first time was accidental but when she let the tray hit the floor that was no accident she had control of the tray But her manager make excuses for her he was not concern by me He gave me a free buffet they can have that free buffet back I was sticky and my shoes was ruined

Golden Corralservices

My family and I was passing through Lumberton NC # 2602. As seniors and a long family line of police officers and military personnel, officials & officers we were returning home from Parris Island SC US Marine trading camp graduation, and was told by your cashier that " we don't honor military members nor do we offer discounts " shock, saddened and disrespected by the statement especially when we were standing there with a new US Marine graduate that has just vowed to serve, protect and lay down their life for the people of this great country to be told " they are not honored nor compensated with a simple hot meal has and was the most outrageous thing I have ever heard.
                    I, my family and as many friends as possible will be made aware of such disrespect and casting out by Golden Corral's lack of gratitude.
                    We were charged a senior price for our Marine because we were refusing to pay full price My total bill came to $71.48

Golden Corral — my general manager

My store is located in Lancaster PA On Lincoln highway. I'm an employee there name Veronica Hooper and I have...

Golden Corralservice

This happened on 9/1/2017 at the Golden Corral in Colonial Heights, but I have observed this man and his wife and friends on several occasions and this is happening each time. He and his family always get there at some time after 3:30 for the early bird, but a server sets up their table in the back room in the far corner...sets their table now ..will not let anyone else sit there no matter how busy it is ...Friday I was waiting in line to get some shrimp and steak and he walked up and handed his plates to the person behind the counter of food and told them what he wanted ..he wanted a plate full of shrimp and a plate full of chicken and they got it for him while we waited in line ...He proceeds to pull off the batter on the chicken and the shrimp and the chicken off of the bone ...he has several bowls on the table and he walks from his table to his car several times.. he fills up with food several times also...and we leave and he is still there ...there is no way that 4 people can be eating that much food and your workers know all this and are turning their heads ..while we obey the rules ...

Golden Corralmanagement

As a long time customer of GC me and my family of 6 came into eat dinner tonight as we usually do several times a week, we noticed a not so friendly manager have a very rude conversation to a waitress. We watched the waitress do her duties and as we visited the delicious bakery bar I witnessed the server ask for a break and the manager became very rude with the server. The manager then began to talk badly about the server to another employee. This was very distasteful. I felt badly for the server and was more than upset at the manager for how she reacted to the server in public at that. Me and my family decided not to have desert and left the establishment. I don't know the circumstances to why the waitress couldn't take a break but I do know it was distasteful for how the manager reacted. And then to "gossip" as the waitress left was not something I cared to see. I did ask the managers name as we left and she told us it was Brittany. She didn't even crack a smile, just walked off. I will be sure to post this to social media in my area of franklin and Middletown. I will be sure to let everyone know that the manager is an adult that acts more of a child. Shouldn't managers be held to a higher standard? I know that me and my family will find another place to dine from now on. Sorry GC but I expected more from your management team.

Golden Corralbuffet

1st, this is the second, d time in 3 weeks we've come to GC for dinner on a weekend and waiting for steak, or service for prime rib was pathetic. 1st visit didn't even get steak as it took too long for line to wait and I didn't have time. This visit, I really didn't want to have to take an hour and a half to get dinner, but I waited, in a long line(I have pictures of., it wrapped down around the bar u'd around the plate stand and past the desert bar. There was only 1 person manning that area. He even was watching the burning chicken breasts that were being made for the Teriaki chicken. It was horrible. He was expected to cook the steaks, working with that crowd, and also cut the prime rib and game, and hand out the shrimp and man the chicken. Making it hard to properly take care of the steak line. Everyone was complaining. Then, by the time you got your steak, if you had other food on your plate it was ice cold. I waited well over 15 minutes in line. Then I proceeded to get my condiments, (mashed potatoes, etc and they were all empty. Was told I had to wait a few minutes. And with the line so long, the patrons so frustrated no one would let you get into the bar to get anything, like the fish, corn, peas, pizza, turnip greens, chicken, etc. People were so frustrated, they thought if they left u in for those things they'd loose their place in line or something. More staff, especially on a holiday weekend is needed, or more management needs to get involved. Then went for desert and that was lined up and most things were empty. I feel my $50.00 dollars for 3, that I spent was not worth it. I really want my money back. The saving grace was our server. She was amazing. And, I do these surveys to hope to have someone contact me and acknowledge the issues and no one ever reaches put!

Golden Corralfood

The food was awful! We only could eat maybe a plate worth of food and had to leave because it made us so sick! As soon as we got to the car we was throwing up. It defiantly wasn't worth the $31 dollars we spent. We was expecting to eat good and enjoy the rest of our honeymoon instead we are sick now. I have NEVER been more unsatisfied with a meal before. All the food tasted like chemicals! Please is there anyway to get our money back!?

Golden Corral — food

Went to the burleson, tx location the food was dried out, rice was hard, pot roast was tasteless. The...

Golden Corral — Manager

I placed an order of 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies and a pepperoni pizza. I called the manager Tom the next...

Golden Corrallack of food/ many many empty trays

I took my family of three to Golden corral on marketplace in Cumming Georgia. It was 430, one family in front of us at the register. I immediately went to the soup to get my father chicken noodle. It was empty as well as the clam chowder. Gentleman next to me said he had been waiting 20 minutes for the claim chowder. I asked the lady behind the counter what was going on. Her name was Angel and was very apologetic. Actually she was almost in tears. She just got on duty and saw that half the station was empty. No one had brought up any food and everybody was asking her what was going on. So the man That had been waiting 20 minutes for the soup decided to go and find the manager on duty. A lady named Jen or Jennifer came over with two full carts of food that needed to be replaced in all of the containers. She apologized. I told them all that years I have been there I've never seen anything like this. Angel apologized again so while they were trying to get the soup into the bins I want to get my salad. The lettuce bowls were empty the crabmeat was empty there was no cucumbers, no pepperoni, shredded chicken. I don't know was missing in the two trays next to the baked potatoes. The dessert area was empty in some areas too. No more chocolate fountain?
                              Jennifer came over to the table and apologized and I told her this was not satisfactory. So much wrong. She took our tab. She said the cook just walked off. Then I hear her talking to Angel. Do not serve the clam chowder. It wasn't on. She was taking the temperature and it wasn't hot. She told another girl to tell Jose to make some more. After waiting over 20 minutes for the soup and it couldn't be served.
                              I am sending a few pictures. The last picture was st 5:00pm. As you can see, it was not busy. I am very concern about the status of this restaurant... and I'm concerned about my further dinners there. Sorry, but I think there's more going on here than just having the manager on duty know how I feel. I felt like the frustration of Angel would not have been addressed if the customer (s) has not gotten involved. Thank you.
                              Jeanne Curry
                              2250 Creole circle
                              Cumming, GA 30040
                              [protected]

Golden Corralcomplaint of steak

Hi, I do complaint about your prime steak.
                                Yesterday (Friday, 08/18/2017) me and my wife visit to your Buford GA restaurant for the diner.
                                Your store charge $2 more then other day.
                                Because Friday is prime day charge. Anyway we pay the that price and start the eat.
                                Every food is good. But problem is steak.
                                Looks like deeping the salt water. That mean is too salty can not eat.
                                Even never used steak sauce. We left steak and take time and order another one but that one is more salty we left again that steak.
                                After that we leave the your place. Why your store ad to the TV weekend steak is prime meat service that way and charge more.Even can not eat the meat. So I am tell to my wife we never be there weekend night. Normally we enjoyed Sunday Breakfast.

Golden Corral — cleanliness of establishment and good quality

Hello, My family and I were are your Rock Springs WY restaurant on 8/19/17 We got there around 4pm our bill...