Having problems with Golden Corral?

Golden Corral reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review Me online easter dinner was canceled the day of. was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint high servers was resolved on May 15, 2014. Golden Corral has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 273 reviews. Golden Corral has resolved 13 complaints.

Golden Corral Customer Service Contacts

5151 Glenwood Ave.
Raleigh, Kentucky

Golden Corral Complaints & Reviews

Golden Corralmanagement staff (child burned)

Hello this is my husbands first time eating here we went to the location in Murrieta ca and came about 30 miles away in Hemet.
My daughter was putting her plate up so I could serve her some mashed potatoes and she got burned on the edge of the tray and started screaming and crying badly. It was right in front of the main entrance and there was a manager standing right there watching the whole thing as it happened and also some cooks saw as well and did nothing at all. So I said my daughter just got burned and so I took her to the restroom to put some cold water on her forearm at the bare least. While in the restroom a cook named Kristina overheard us and came out to help us and told me to tell them to give us some burn cream but then got it herself for us because I mentioned how they saw and had done nothing. She was very helpful unlike the management. But still the manager did nothing. We still stayed despite the horrible insident and my daughter crying still and me trying to calm her down and make sure she was ok. Not to mention I had to get up and get my own refills because the waitress kept walking by and seeing empty cups and not saying or offering another refill.
When we are about to leave I talk to one of the manager and all she said was she will be ok she forgot about it and I'm sorry. That's not ok or professional the way the manager saw the incident and did nothing. My daughter is crying in the car on the way home and I will have to take her to the hospital. I called to let them know and they said that's fine that it's not their fault and that they have signs saying no kids should be there alone which my daughter was not there alone. This is very unprofessional. And I am disgusted.
[protected]
Cherie De Leon

• Updated by CDddddd · Nov 02, 2017

THIS WEBSITE IS A FRAUD. GOD BLESS

• Po
      pobarjenkins Nov 03, 2017

While they could have been more apologetic, there isn't really much more they could have done besides offer to call an ambulance for you if the burn was that severe. In the end they are not really at any fault.

• Sh
      Shaun R. Nov 02, 2017

It sounds like just an unfortunate accident. Even if the manager didn't jump in to help, it would be hard pressed to say anyone at Golden Coral did anything wrong. Hopefully you got your child proper medical attention and she'll be okay.

CheriedeIeon Nov 01, 2017

I have a confession to make. The truth is that I am purposely burned my daughter in hopes of getting money from them. I feel bad for this so I want to confess now. I was hoping for a settlement from all of this. Unfortunately I told my parents this and they called CPS on me because I purposely hurt my child for a lawsuit and I blamed them.

• Sh
      Shaun R. Nov 02, 2017

The posting has a different name than that of the original poster. Someone just created the account to place the facetious post.

• aja1jenkz Nov 26, 2017

@CheriedeIeon You are a horrible [censor]!! How dare you hurt your baby for the sake of the dollar! You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm glad that your parents had enough sense to take your child away from you! You're sick and you should be locked up for the rest of your life! Children ARE A GIFT, NOT PAWNS IN YOUR PLANS TO MAKE MORE MONEY!! Get a job!!!

Golden Corralpoor service

My brother is from out of town I wanted him to experience a different atmosphere other then ponderosa what he is use to. I took him to Golden corral because it's delicious and we had kids running around our table some kid spit on the floor and threw food on floor on purpose . I am really heartbroken we came in there 6 people and spent close to $100 for poor service and got sick off of our food I complained of kids touching the food and putting it back . Awful!

Golden Corral — mislabeled soup

I, got soup that was clearly labeled broccoli and cheese. When I got to the table and started to eat the soup...

Golden Corralfood

The food at this restaurant was not up to par. The ribs were not cooked well and the steak was not cooked to tender as well as the ribs. They're cooking on very high heat so that is burnt outside and not cooked inside. They need better training and need for the head cook to check the quality of the food. I have talked to the manager and he said he would look into it. If I don't see any improvements i will not go back to that restaurant

Golden Corralfood/staff

Me and my wife had a horrible experience at Golden Corral the food was not up to par from the other Golden Corrals we have ate at and our server rarely came to clean the table and smelled like smoke when she did we felt as if we were not taken care of appropriately I don't know why but we frecuent this location often and now it will take some time to try again. New circle road Lexington ky

Golden Corral — employee complaint

I am a current employee an the Golden Corral in Sumter SC. This is my second time around working for Golden...

Golden Corralfood

our service was horrible. dirty plates piled up on our table even though several servers walked past. drinks were late getting refilled. we got our own silverware when we needed new. there were many children getting their own food and dessert. one child licked the chocolate off his marshmallow and put it back under the fountain. other children grabbed handfuls of gummies, while others filled ice cream cones so high it fell on the floor and others ate their cones part way and then went to fill up the same cones. we will never ever go back to this place. we left as fast as we could without finishing supper. disgusting! waste of money and empty stomachs.

Golden Corralunprofessional behavior

Visit Date: 10/13/2017
            Visit Time: 3:45PM

I have a complaint about the general manager at the Lafayette, Louisiana Golden Corral.It was witness by my wife & 2 other Golden Corral employees
            I ordered 2 senior citizen early bird specials & 2 beverages that are included & come with them, i also odered a regular meal with water.
            At the cashier station, the general manager said out in front of every one (other guest), which was very embarrassing to my wife & myself. He said that he was going to have to charge me for my drink because he claims that he seen my daughter who ordered a water was drinking my drink at a previous visit. I told him i was going to be drinking my own drink and she would be drinking her water. I told him how dare he embarris my wife & i in front of other customers, I ask him if he had nothing better to do than to watch customers to see who drinks what drink & calling them out in front of other customers to embariss them? Is this what Golden Corral has sunk to in its management?

Golden Corral — salad deviled eggs

I first want to say that when we walked In To pay, the manager, although he was serving or helping another...

The Golden Corralt v advertising

We went to the one in Playtex fl., saw on tv that kids eat for 99 cent after 4:00 pm. Went there this afternoon with my sister and her five grandkids, ready to pay the special price for kids and they told us, that they did not paticapate in the special. well the add on tv didn't say at participating restaurant's. It ended up costing more than we expected, and were not very happy. I feel it was false advertising or very shady at the least. I hope to hear something from you on this. we were starting to make it a regular thing, but this experience might have changed our minds . thank you for your time and hope to hear from you on this experience.

Golden Corralstaff/cleanliness

Regarding 7702 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747,
                This evening my husband, my daughter and I visited Golden Corral after leaving Disney World around 8.30pm. We had a number of issues and won't return again unfortunately, here are the issues we encountered.
                1. I must of waited at least 5 minutes by the carving counter for someone to help while multiple members of Stagg passed by me, 2 even on cell phones. When I finally got someone's attention she was highly annoyed, couldn't speak English so I pointed to what I needed and she kept throwing her arms in the air not seeming to k of what I want. She finally threw down a piece of turkey on my plate and shouted something at me I didn't understand.
                2. My second complaint was while I was at the dessert counter with my daughter (also multiple other people these and children) the Stagg behind the counter where laughing and using curse words very loudly!!! I was in shock. The 'F' word and the 'S' word was used before I quickly moved my daughter.
                3. The cleanliness was disgusting. There was food mixed in to other foods like tater tots swimming in spaghetti sauce. The ice cream counter was so disgusting that we didn't get ice cream. I should of taken a picture. Melted ice cream, nuts, candy, broken cones and all kinds of stuff allover the counter.
                4. We decided to go speak with the manager about our experience. She didn't apologize once. In fact she came up with an excuse for the rude lady that 'served me' at the carving counter saying that the lady is about to have surgery and is stressed!!! I just had spinal surgery 4weeks ago and I do not use that as an excuse to be rude to people and throw food at people! As far as the 2 men cursing behind the dessert counter she said she would 'talk to them'.
                It's unfortunate because our waitress Rosa was WONDERFUL, couldn't of asked for better but after we paid for the food we didn't eat and the experience we had we weren't going to pay more money therefore she didn't receive a tip. Her hard work and pleasant manor suffered because of the other staff. We go to Golden Corral a lot and have never had an experience like this. This is the Golden Corral close To disney world where they get hundreds of families with young children daily and I hope they don't experience what we did and learn a few new curse words during their dinner! We are pass holders to disney and eat at a restaurant every weekend that we go but not this one again. I myself have been an assistant manager and would want to know what was going on in my store/restaurant. I am writing to request a refund for our meals please. My contact info is (Emma Walter [protected] [protected]@hotmail.com) i don't mind being contacted by somebody from the company but not the manager of this location I have written about. Thank you for your time, Emma Walter

• Updated by Anna Watling · Oct 09, 2017

Regarding 7702 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747,
                    It's unfortunate because our waitress Rosa was WONDERFUL, couldn't of asked for better but after we paid for the food we didn't eat and the experience we had we weren't going to pay more money therefore she didn't receive a tip. Her hard work and pleasant manor suffered because of the other staff. We go to Golden Corral a lot and have never had an experience like this. This is the Golden Corral close To disney world where they get hundreds of families with young children daily and I hope they don't experience what we did and learn a few new curse words during their dinner! We are pass holders to disney and eat at a restaurant every weekend that we go but not this one again. I myself have been an assistant manager and would want to know what was going on in my store/restaurant. I am writing to request a refund for our meals please.i don't mind being contacted by somebody from the company but not the manager of this location I have written about. Thank you for your time, Emma Walter

Golden Corralfood

My 2 daughters and I decided to come to Golden Corral in Lexington, KY and we are highly disappointed in the food. Nothing is fresh and the French toast is hard as a rock that I can’t even cut it. The pork chops and very dry and hard to chew. The eggs taste disgusting and they have a tan tint to them. THIS IS BY FAR THE ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD EATING AT A RESTAURANT! I myself am a manager of a restaurant in Hamburg and I would be embarrassed if my employees were trying to serve this food you all are serving to people. I really want to complain and get my money back especially when we are still hungry because this food is awful and we spent $30 on crap food basically.

Golden Corralinsect in food

After a long day, we decided to go to the golden corral on 529 near queenston blvd in Houston. What I discovered in my green beans was a dead FLY. I spoke to the manager Sal about the issue and was trying to give every excuse about the dead FLY in my food. This is unacceptable and I will never go back to Golden Corral. Now my family have to go elsewhere to eat dinner. This is so disgusting. I don't have an appetite to eat anything after this.

Golden Corralservice

Yesterday I decided to take my family to dinner at the Laredo Golden Corral. Much to my surprise, I was greeted without effort and enthusiasm. The cashier Kassandra(green eyes), had a smug attitude towards my mother and myself all while looking completely unprofessional with hickeys around her neck. I decided to eat at Golden Corral due to the “kids 10 and under eat free 5-9pm Monday.” As I headed towards the register to pay for our food, I decided to verify that my 10 year old brother would eat free. The cashier almost immediately said no with an attitude as if I was making the promotion up. I proceeded to show her online where it states the said promotion, she took my phone and handed it over to her manager. The manager said no, they do not honor that promotion. The cashier then proceeded back with her smug attitude and instantly said “No.” I began to explain how this should have been honored or validated due to the misinformation/miscommunication the restaurant has. I have worked retail for quite a while, and when I spoke to this particular manager (Humberto, I believe was his name, somewhat elderly with a mustache) began explaining they do not honor any promotions that the internet is saying.

I was embarrassed and disrespected by these two employees and I can guarantee you, I will never step foot at a Golden Corral again. The situation was mishandled and treated as if I was someone trying to scam them.
                      I am very disappointed with this restaurant and it’s employees. I can only hope someone will call their attention in how to handle customers concerns and reassessing their attitudes when speaking to a customer.

service

Golden Corralclosed before closing time

My son and I wanted to celebrate our new accomplishment of owning our own buisness after having nothing to being my own boss.
                        As a loyal customer. I felt so disrispected by the owner named Bill from West valley location.
                        My son and I arrived at 8:15 pm. Walked towards the door there was 2 people at the front desk a gentle man on the cell phone resting his weight on the wall. And an afro american woman standing looking straight at the entrance. Both saw my son and I walking toward's the main entrance. I get to the door and it was loked. There was no sighn and my phone happened to just turned off on me. So I look for a sigh or something with the time. And it specifically said mon- thursday 9 Am to 9:30 pm. Mind you It was 8:15 pm when I arrived. I look at the 2 people waiting for some one to come explain why its closed. I was confused hungry, tiered. Just wanted to give my son a good meal aftersauch a long day I had no time to cook and my son really loves Golden Corral. Its his Favorite. No one came to say sorry for what ever the reason was. Its coomon curtesy to see some one directly to your eyes and not give some type of gesture or something. So my son and I were very sad becuase its been so long that I had this blessing of eating out. So we left and decide to go buy Mcdonalds. I bought my son a happy meal to try to get a smile on him. While paying at the window I asked what time it was and the man said its about to be 8. So I wait for my food very upset over the fact that no one had the decency to appoligies to my son. So i decided to go back and talk to some one regarding this issue. I got there and the manager just finished placing a sighn. So I catch him at the door and asked why is it closed an hour early and said that theres a meeting. So I asked to talk to a superviser in charge and he said he will get the owner. The owner happened to be the man that was resting his weight on the wall diver. I said hello May I have your name he said "Bill" and I asked him why there wasnt a sighn out when I got there to eat with my son? He said "there is one now". I said its been more than 20 min and your just putting the sighn. And why didnt he have the curtesy to come tell me anything he just looked at me like if I was stupid. He said he could close when ever he wants he laghed at me and started closing the door on me rudly and I told him that i will report him to the better buisnes burou he laughed and closed the door and left. I felt so disrispected and unapreciated. Ive eaten there since I moved here. But now I will never have my lunch dates with my friends there anymore. I will take my money else were. Thank you for nothing. God bless you Bill.

• Le
                            Leticia ZeIaya Oct 02, 2017

ON and what happened made me so angry that I hit my son in the face and someone saw me and took my license plate down and reported me to the police and they told me that I am being charged with hitting my son. They are trying to have my son put in a foster home.

Golden Corralfood and service

My baked potato looked like it was 2 to 3 hours old and was cold. The sweet potato casserole was cold and the San Francisco chicken and onions was cold, cheesy potato bake was cold. My husbands hamburger was over cooked and cold.

Had to get attention of waitress to get refills ansd plates taken away. She never came by our table.

It's the worst food and service that we've ever had at a Golden Corral.

Golden Corralchicken

I took my two children to dinner . Ten minutes into the meal, my daughter complained of nausea and pushed her plate away. As I attempted to gauge how much she ate, I noticed the chicken was red inside! I waited fifteen minutes for a server, who only came over because I asked. Later a manager approached the table and offered to refund. Five dollars only was removed. Only excuses were offered, never considering that sometimes justification only worsens the issue. This is my last attempt to receive feedback and compensation before sharing this photo on your social media sources, the news paper, and news. UNACCEPTABLE!

APRIL, R.N.
                            NOVANT HEALTH

chicken

Golden Corralcustomer service

Senior citizen 40 miles from Golden corral on Bobby Jones Augusta. Took few minutes getting my husband in, got in line to get drinks. Cashier said I was 12 minutes late. Could not give senior discount. It closed at 4:00pm. Explained to her situation she saw drinks on tray..very nice cashier..I understand what she was saying but explained to her I as a frequent customer. Golden corral..she saw I had 25.00 Normally senior citizen discount average 17.50..Without 28.00. Unbelievable they would not help told cashier we eat very little and all I had with me was 25.00. Asked to see a manager. Lady nice but I don't think she was manager. A man use to be manager. Being retired from hotel management, I know a manager can make a exception.very embarrassing for me with people behind me. No one was rude, I feel they should make exception! We had to leave ruined my day with husband. Had to take him to heart doctor.was looking to treat him at Golden Corral. He walks with cane slow. I parked my car. By the time we walked a distance handicap full in parking lot. Got in line fixed drink, by the time I got to cashier she said it was 4:12pm .., Crazy. Have a Blessed Day!

Golden Corralemployee rudeness to me and other customers during our meal.

Kendrick is a cook at the Lumberton Golden Corral.
                                He has very bad customer relations. He speaks to customers as if he hates to be serving them.
                                I witnessed a lady asking him what an item was and he snapped her head off like he owned her. She replied that I just wanted to know what the item was. It was very obvious that she was offended by the way he snapped at her.
                                A gentleman in my party also complained as to how rude he was when he went to the grill to get a piece of steak.
                                I asked my waitress if anyone had complained about how rude he is to customers, and she replied "all the time"!
                                She indicated that he is also rude to other employees as well. She indicated that she has also had to put him in his place.
                                Employees of this nature do not need to be serving customers directly. Put him in the back washing dishes.

Golden Corralold food

I am sad because every time we want to eat somethings we really want to visit the Golden Corral in Midwest city. The problem is that every time when we visit this place we have a real bad diarrhea and last more that 3 days every time. I understand that Golden Corral maybe is using old meat because is the way to make money in buffets because people eats more that what they should eat but I prefer to have a fresh food even if I have to pay for 1 plate and pay for every single plate separate.