Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2006. The latest review Took me 8 months to resolve lemon Denali ans now they ignore my request was posted on Nov 19, 2021. The latest complaint 2019 buick envision was resolved on Sep 24, 2019. General Motors has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1357 reviews. General Motors has resolved 65 complaints.

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

General Motors Complaints & Reviews, Page 52

General Motors2011 terrain

Never notified about the oil consumption problem with this vehicle it has been burning a lot of oil for months while driving on the highway vehicle shut down dealer said at first it was the timing chain then later called saying vehicle needs a new engine the problem is car had no oil in engine how is this my problem and not GMC fault should have been a recall for this oil problem

Respond

General Motorswarranty coverage and tech neglect with my girlfriends car.

My girlfriend had her car towed into the dealership back in February because her engine was making awful noise when it was running and there was a puddle of oil on the ground. There was no oil in the engine and the rear main seal blew out causing all oil to spill. They found the rear main seal failure and replaced it and sent her on her way. It has since been to a dealer several times for rough running condition, cam codes, and now is at John Bowman Chevrolet in Clarkston, Michigan getting new pistons and rings due to severe oil consumption. I am a veteran master tech and I know very well how vehicles work from bumper to bumper and I do not believe all of the due diligence was performed as to why the rear main SUDDENLY blew out (I'm thinking it was excessive blow by and pressurization of the crankcase due to the worn pistons and rings). This is an ongoing concern and if they would have caught the initial piston problem, the catalytic converter would not be toast due to oil burning and overheating (WHICH NOW HER WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER, EVEN THOUGH THE PISTONS AND RINGS ARE COVERED). There is no logical explanation why a $1000 emission part wouldn't be covered due to internal engine damage causing the cat problem when GM knows the condition of the equipped engine enough to significantly extend the warranty for the rotating assembly. My girlfriend and I are VERY UPSET this was not caught before her Power train warranty ran out and now we are faced with a $1200 charge for a new cat and new intake manifold. Her GMPP warranty said they will cover the cracked intake manifold for $100 deductible (no idea how that cracked, as I have never seen one of them crack on the years of working on equinox vehicles) but they will not cover a lawful Emissions part that is detrimental to the overall performance to the vehicle. I will be contacting customer care and anything else I can to get this taken care of. She is a long time GM advocate and customer and this incident is enough to cause her to change her mind to go to another manufacturer.

General Motors — premature transmission failure/cost of repair

I own a 2011 HHR LT. The local Chevy dealer (Chesrown Chevrolet) says the transmission has shavings in it and...

General Motors — unethical behavior at peppers in paris, tn

I made an appointment with the service department at Peppers in Paris, TN. When asking how "warranty...

General Motorsdealership van chevrolet scottsdale arizona

I am filing a complaint regarding the treatment I received from this dealership on purchasing a car which I did not want. I wanted a good used truck and I was told no I wasn't getting a truck. I was not taken to look at any other vehicle he pretty much already decided what I was getting. I was told the pymt was 439 which was never true according to the contract dated 6/4 .Which I did not receive copies of until I had to go in and request a manager Terry provided me copies at that point. I received a call on 6/7 from Bob that he got the pymt lowered but no amount given. The pymt didn't go down it went up. I was deceived on that. I still don't have a copy of that contract which one went to the bank.this entire process has been based on being deceived and I feel very taken advantage of ..i have contacting the dealership on several occasions and they just ignore me. I have begged to please put me into something I know I can make the pymt on. I am on disability as well as the co-signer I had to have ..please help !! I can be reached at [protected] or email [protected]@gmail.com ..Thank You Teresa Webb

General Motors2014 buick encore

This compliant is due to a drastic safety issue. We have had so many close calls of having an accident with this vehicle that we don't feel safe driving it in larger cities with high traffic volume. Just this passed Sunday leaving church I nearly hit a woman in a cross walk because I failed to see her.
        This model (and several others I've observed) should be taken off of the road! You created an AWFUL safety problem when you cut the front side windows a few inches from the door posts next to the windshield. Then you stuck the outside mirrors right up next to padded part you cut short. What a
        ENGINEERING JOB???
        I am also forwarding this Compliant to the National Safety Board

General Motors2015 silverado lt 1500

With 36900 miles on it the a/c only blows hot air, a truck worth almost 50k and i still have to pay more to fix something that still should be working properly? The reason why some people get new cars is so they wont have to worry about it breaking down and spending more money on parts everytime it breaks down. But in my case after 2 yrs of owning it i have to worry about a repair.i own a 06 pontiac and the a/c was never an issue and it was worth 30k less.

General Motorsgeneral sales complaint

I tried to contact a particular dealer which I have never set foot in before in Renton, WA. They had a particular vehicle I was interested in and I wanted to ask a couple questions about. I called up and got through to Sales, but before I even got to ask any questions they ask me if I was in the state of Washington. I said no, then there reply was I am sorry sir we don't do out of state sales. I am in the state of Oregon and I have bought a couple of cars out of the state of Washington one of which was brand new! I feel like I have been discriminated against. I guess Good Chevrolet ain't as good as they say they are!

General Motorsmy 2006 malibu

My 2006 Malibu has 92000 miles on it. Recently my engine light came on and soon after that the car would lose power while I'm driving. It usually happens and low RPMs. I have to drop it in neutral and try and turn it back over. I've already taken the car in for recalls, changed the MAFS and O2 sensors. Please help as the is very dangerous for myself and my younger children that I must transport every day.

General Motorsperformance of 2014 chevy spark-vin #kl8cf6s91ec421749

Please note: this is submitted not to complain about the service or customer service received at Jack Wilson Chevy, St Augustine, FL but what I understand to be directive and handling as coming from General Motors Corporation. I have a copy of Technical Bulletin # PIP5312A dealing with my problem which is being described as handling for the poor and dangerous performance of our vehicle. After reading this several times, and with my non-technical background, I am even more confused then before I read it. My complaint is from a dangerous performance standpoint of the vehicle and gather from the bulletin there is no alternative to improve the situation - totally unacceptable and dangerous in my opinion.

The poor performance of the vehicle when pulling out into fast moving traffic from a dead stop, is very dangerous and quite honestly is scary. I cannot believe, you expose your customers to such a situation and would think that many of your vehicle owners are bringing this to your attention. I would appreciate hearing if anyone else has brought this to your attention given you have a Technical Bulletin as to how to deal with complaints or concerns.

I look forward to your response and recommendations as to where I go from here to rectify this problem. Thank you and would appreciate a prompt response as I am very concerned every time I drive this vehicle and hope that you would be concerned as well...Lou Cerulli

Respond

General Motorstiming chain still a problem in the 2010 traverse!!!

I researched the chevrolet traverse, knowing the timing chain was recalled in the 2009 traverse. I bought a 2010 with 105 000 kms. I am now 2 years later only at 132 000 kms with a timing chain issue!!! Offered 10% off a $2500 by gm!!
                  General motors, if you didn't fix the problem with the 2009 why are you selling garbage again the following years?!? Offering 10% is brutal!!! This is your lack of quality that I am now paying for! I am so disappointed in general motors, my loyalty to this company is gone!! Buyers beware general motors doesn't care!!

General Motors2010 chevy malibu

I have owned a 2010 Chevy Malibu since 2011 and have not had any problems with the car until Sunday night. The car has had regular oil changes. On Sunday while driving to get dinner the car suddenly died. After having it towed to my trusted mechanic, he informed me that he has not seen an engine failure like this in years. The car only has 80, 000 miles. Has any one else had this problem? Is there a recall for this problem that I missed?

General Motorswarranty

My mother, has a 2014 Chevy Cruise that has been held in the Chevrolet dealership in Shreveport, LA for close to 2 months now. The vehicle went in when the engine light came on for service. The vehicle had 72, 000 miles on it and was well under warranty prior to being brought in for service. This was not the first issue the car has had. 13 months prior, the car was brought in for a faulty water pump, which the service team said that they had corrected, yet the water pump continued to be an issue and was seen a total of 3 times leading up to the engine failure. The last time it was brought in was 3 months ago, but my father was told that in order for them to even look at the water pump, it was going to cost $150.00 out of pocket. My parents live paycheck to paycheck and that amount is about a months’ worth of groceries. Not having the money, my father was forced to return home. Some water had been placed into the water pump to keep everything running smoothly until he had the money to return. The dash had never reported any issue regarding overheating but the fan would run loud from time to time. Before the funds could be collected, the engine failed and the vehicle was brought in for this last time. We are being told that because the water pump caused the engine to fail, and because water was placed in the pump, that GM will not honor their 100, 000 mile warranty. They are charging my parents $4, 300 for a used motor. If they didn’t have $150.00 to have the car looked out, how could one be so heartless to charge over 4K for an issue that is covered under the warranty? I have read the warranty, and understand the terms in which GM is trying to claim, however, the water pump had been an issue with this car for the past 13 months that had been taken in for “proper” treatment on multiple occasions and has not been resolved. A water pump under distress for 13 months can wear down the engine and weaken it to the point of critical failure. Chevy was unable to correct the water pump issue from the start and then started charging to even look at the issue, and now when their mistake has blown up to this bigger issue, they are denying the claim because water was placed in the water pump when it was needed.
                      The water pump is covered in the warranty as well as the engine. After reading the warranty, it says with a situation like this, it is up to GM’s discretion to make the final decision on the warranty work. I am having a hard time understanding why charge a fee to address or identify an issue and help the client understand if the work needed would be under warranty or not, as I would feel, that they would covered as a part of the warranty. Now my family has no means of transportation because they do not have the funds for the repair.

This is causing much more than a headache, but is causing a loss of income, as they are limited on their transportation to and from work. I am just blown away at the lack of customer service in this situation.

General Motors — 2011 chevy equinox

Purchasing a 2011 Chevy Equinox is undoubtedly at the top of our list of things we wish we had never...

General Motorsoutten chevrolet - allentown, pa dealership

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I just wasted four hours of my life I will never get back. I have a 2012 Buick Enclave Premium. I've always been a GM guy and this one is probably the best I ever owned. Top of the line. $54, 000 sticker back in 2012.

Anyway, I still owe $17, 000 on it and had no intention of trading it in on anything until Chevy started banging the air waves and social media with the tremendous savings on LT models. If purchased by 06-30-17.

There were three Traverse 2LT's showing at the Allentown dealership. All three had the Graphite Package. The highest priced 2LT's before going all the way up to the Premium.

I telephoned Samantha Stein at Outten this morning at 09:30 and an apt for 4:30 this afternoon. It took me 1:15 minutes to drive to Allentown from work in Pottstown. When I arrived, two of the vehicles were 35 miles away at Outten's Hamburg location. The third vehicle was not there as well because the manager decided to drive home in that one. So with over 7 hours notice that I was coming to possible buy a specific vehicle, no one did their homework and made sure they had a vehicle to sell me. Times must be good for Outten.

Then to add insult to injury, the appraisal amount they wanted to offer me on my Enclave was $14, 500 even though I produced six vehicles identical to my Enclave Premier in a 30 mile radius on Cars.com that were asking between $22, 000 and $24, 500. To top this off, my sales person, Skylar, left me sitting alone staring at the walls of his cubical the entire time my vehicle was being appraised. He chose to sit at the Central console with the other sales reps. On a scale of 0 to 5, Outten gets a big fat ZERO in my book. I will never darken their doorway again. Not to mention the tons of negative press I will share with everyone I know to not waste their time.

General Motors2016 malibu

I have a 2016 Malibu. All was fine (mostly) until my car was in for an oil change and they decided to fix a recall. Well since then my auto stop will stop working. They stated that there is nothing they can do besides plug it in and see if there is a code sent back. The person stated they had just had another one in with the same problem but couldn't do anything for that one. So it would be a waste of my time to take the car in. I have read on line that MANY people are having the same problem and it is affecting the gas mileage.
                          The person that I spoke to said that the weather, using defrost/defog, air and so on will affect the auto stop working properly. It never affected it in the winter when I had on my heat and defrost.
                          I am NOT happy with this. If it is a known problem, and from looking online it is, there should be a fix for it.

General Motors2006 grand prix

I had been having issues with my Grand Prix for a couple weeks. My headlights keep coming on by themselves. I looked online at Google to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I saw there was a recall on my car for this problem. I called GM on May 17th, 2017 and they asked me for my VIN number. The lady told me that I did not have any open recalls or anything for my car, but she said they would further look into it and give me a call back. I never got a call, instead I received a letter on June 8th, 2017 about special coverage on my car that covers the headlight issue I had been having. I called GM as soon as I got off work and the lady said yes I see the letter so what dealership do you want to take it to? I told her the closest one. She said okay I have Cardinal Buick on the line to set up your appointment. My appointment was made for the following Monday June 12th, 2017 at 7am. I received a call from Cardinal Buick saying hey couldn't fix the car due to my mileage. I instantly contacted GM at 11:15 am an I explained the problem and ANN couldn't help me, so I asked to speak to someone over her. She said there was no one over her. I asked for the number to a manger and she said we dot have a direct line for a manager. told her that I had written her name down and will be reporting her for not letting me speak to someone in charge. She told me to hold on so she could get a supervisor on the line. A supervisor named Jameka asked me what was the problem and I told her that I had called a month ago about recalls on my car and told it wasn't any, now GM has made me an appointment at the dealership and wont fix my car. She said she doesn't know why I got a letter if they couldn't fix the car. The dealership said the mileage was a little pass 150, 000. Jameka came back on the line telling me it was other stipulations on the special coverage and I told her its not written on my letter. Its wasn't in black in white, so how are they going to make up stuff. She said ma'am its not only for your mileage its because you bought the car used.I said so now we have a new lie. I explained to her that miles would have been okay if they would have did something a month ago when I called. I was lied too all the way around. I went to pick up my car and the guy said it didn't have nothing to do with the car being used it was only the mileage. I feel like GM should have paid to get my car repaired and stopped telling me all those lies and also lying on Cardinal Buick dealership.

General Motors — bad coolant lines on my 2016 colorado with the diesel engine

6-18-16 Purchase of vehicle with extended warrantee 6-3-17 (Saturday) I arrived home and discovered...

General Motors2004 gmc envoy

I have owned this car since 2004. I have had one thing after another go out on this car. I have reached out to GMC several times trying to get help with some of the things I had to replace with no luck. My late husband was Service Director for a Nissan Dealership and Nissan would do whatever they could to help a customer with a part no matter how old the car. My late husband told me I would be messing up buying this Envoy and now I know what he was talking about. Even when the car was under warranty and I had a part go out I was told by GMC that part was not under the warranty. I'm a firm believer in buying American but after my experience with this American car since 2006, I will never buy American again! I will drive this car till my catalic converter goes completely out then I will part the car with a sign on it letting everyone know what parts have gone out, the times I called GMC and was told they were sorry but it was out of warranty. I will list my case numbers along with the reps names I spoke with and let them decide as I have American is not the way to go with a vehicle. Thanks for your time and my first and last time of being an American made car owner will stop with this one!

General Motors2011 silverado 1500 5.3 motor

So hear is my story I bought a used 2011 Silverado 1500 4x4 after buying the truck I noticed a lifter noise now my truck only has 69781 miles on it. So after I noticed the lifter noise I started reading up on the reviews of my truck and I see a hell of a lot of bad complaints about this problem with a lot of these trucks so why are you not making this a damn recall is people pay a lot of damn money for these trucks and we get [censor]ed that's not far yes my truck is used but I still paid 25k for this truck and chevy needs to step the hell up and fix these junk [censor] motors for us people

2011 silverado 1500 5.3 motor

1 Response
                                  • St
                                    Stevejkl Jul 28, 2020

See my post today about the same problem. Cost me $8000 to fix a bad design, and now you see that it continues to occur in models over 3 years later, and you have upgraded lifter design.