Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2006. The latest review 2021 Escalade was posted on Oct 18, 2021. The latest complaint 2019 buick envision was resolved on Sep 24, 2019. General Motors has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1354 reviews. General Motors has resolved 65 complaints.

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

General Motors Complaints & Reviews, Page 51

General Motors2015 chevrolet silverado

My 2015 Chevrolet Silverado went to my dealer on 5/19/17 for 2 recall repairs and a broken condenser unit, all of which were on a national backorder according to the service department of the dealer I use, at the time I just left my truck there as I would be away for the following 2 weeks and would think a major vehicle manufacturer would not let a safety recall go unrepaired for that long, well I was wrong because upon my return my dealer informed me all parts were still on backorder, including my AC condenser unit which I was so excited to hear since we are in summer right now. I brought my truck back to the dealer on 6/14/17 and it was still another week before everything was fixed. I picked my truck up on 6/21/17 only to find that my AC was still blowing hot air even at its coldest setting, so I brought it back to the dealer on 6/22/17, only for them to find out the BRAND NEW condenser unit is broke, and my truck has been there ever since. I have now been without my truck for the better part of 6 weeks! Also as I follow up with my dealer they are telling me you won't even have the decency of giving them a time frame of when you can send them the parts they need to get my truck, which is only 2 years old, working properly. How can a major vehicle manufacturer be so negligent and incompetent to not be able to keep up with manufacturing parts for their vehicles, especially not even stock the proper amount of parts when you issue a safety recall? Clearly they care more about their profit margin than, not only the safety, but the satisfaction of their customers. I have owned 3 Chevrolet products through the years I have been driving, but this will be the LAST Chevrolet or GM product I will own, or purchase, and will look to another manufacturer who actually cares about their customers, who will actually back their products up. How GM earned any awards is beyond my comprehension.

General Motors2004 saturn ion

Bought the car used 2 half years ago ran good, now my steering stopped working while I was driving, (I'm lucky I was pulling out of a parking lot) & now my air bag, check engine light is on & my horn stopped working. I had it towed the shop & they told me there is a recall on that problem but when checked the recall was done. So where does this leave me... No car to get to work & with a bill that I can't afford so what am I to do?

General Motorsambassadors

We have started at the dealership level with a faulty product and seeing it is our vehicle we have concerns. We have what is commonly know to fm as "piston slap". They say they replaced all 8 pistons but we still have the same problem. After many discussions, we didn't get anywhere further at the dealership level. I have submitted a complaint via their website and was speaking with an ambassador named Katherine. She has not been returning my calls for over a week now with me leaving a message every day. This is how they deal with complaints?

Respond

General Motorsblew moroe, no check oil, nothing just blew engine and gm wants 3k to fix

Hello my name is Matthew Gay I came in like 5 months ago with my father and we financed a gray 2010 Camaro LT with 70K miles on it in Southfield, Michigan at Serra Chevrolet of Southfield well today that is dead motor seized up with 85K miles on it. My question is with no warranty is there anything you guys can do ?. I have all paperwork for regular oil changes and the car never gave an check oil light or engine light and out driving one day it stop running while my family and I were in the car. Now the car is just sitting in driveway, the problem is The 2010-11 Camaro V6 3.6L engine had many problems with the lifters. Why go get an new or used engine when I may run into the same problem again. If you can help in anyway please contact me all payments been on time, this car gets me to work and takes of my family.

General Motorssierra 1500 a/c and long list of other problems

I have a 2015 1500 Sierra. I have the Seat fixed 2xs, seatbelts, airbags, transmission, engine blow and now A/c condenser. No parts affable and not covered or recall. I have seen 100s of other people complaining Step up GM. If all these trucks are having the same A.C. problems recall the parts. Checking on NJ lemon laws. Also taken to sicial media for more people with this same problem. Maybe. a class action suit against GM will help

General Motors2015 gmc yukon, air conditioning condenser not working

I purchased a 2015 GMC Yukon brand new. It currently has 58, 000 miles on it. I have had to replace the transmission once already. I am now experiencing air conditioning problems. I took my vehicle to the GM dealer to have the air conditioning fixed just to be told they cannot find me a condenser anywhere in the United States. I have been without air now for the 3 weeks with no hopes of getting anything resolved in the near future. The only way to have air is to put Freon in the vehicle every other day which is becoming a huge cost.

Respond

General Motorseither the gm certified pre-owned warranty is a scam or you should expect your camaro’s door panels to fall off!

Buyer beware, according to GM, it is normal for the door panels on their cars to come off with less than 35K miles to the tune of $500 (Maybe I should feel lucky it’s a two door so only one more to fall off!).

Wow, I sure didn't feel this way initially but I guess I should have been smarter. I paid significantly more for a GM Certified pre-owned car and after only a few months and less than 1000 miles the driver door panel starts coming off. Apparently my first mistake was thinking that GM cars had improved from the piles of junk they were in the 70’s and 80’s, I don’t think I’ll make that mistake again!!! So I take my car to Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine to have it looked at and they tell me it isn’t covered under my CPO warranty, what! So then I call GM customer care (cough, choke, gag, anything but care!) and Dave first agrees completely with me that this sounds like it should be covered. Dave (won’t give his last name, I wonder why…) then calls me back after about a week and tells me that he spoke with the dealer and they confirmed the problem wasn’t caused by me (which I knew) but it’s also not a defect so not covered. Hmmm, being an older guy I can’t think of any of the many other cars (even two other Camaro’s) that have had a door panel come off but yup, according to GM and this dealer, this is ‘normal’ for their cars now (sure says a lot about GM craftsmanship). Convenient 'normal wear and tear' is the only thing listed at gmcertified.com that would allow them to charge me $500 to fix their poorly made car.

General Motorsservice complaint

Hello,

I was told that lifting my truck would not void my extended warranty. My truck is only two years old and the transmission completely failed. Paradise Chevrolet will not honor my warranty and thats complete [censor]. I've been a loyal GM customer my entire life and all my vehicles are GM. I have family thats worked for GM for over 30 years and I was treated with zero respect. Both dealerships I took my truck to were unwilling to help or do anything for that matter for weeks and then did nothing. Now after paying the extra $2800 for the extended warranty which I was told would not void anything besides my chassy warranty they are charging me $4200 for a new transmission. As a family we own 12-15 GM trucks and cars. I never thought I'd switch over to Ford but this is just ridiculous.

Thanks for nothing,

A very unhappy customer!

Respond

General Motorsservice department at mccarthy chevrolet in olathe, ks

Horrible service department. It was time for scheduled maintenance on my Camaro. I called them and asked for a price and what they would be doing. I was told it was a major mileage hurdle and that it would be $1000 for everything that needed to be done. I made sure and asked that it would cover everything and was assured that it would unless they found anything outside the list of services that needed repaired.

I scheduled the service and dropped off my car. I was told if they found anything additional they would call. No calls, except to tell me that my car was ready to be picked up. Imagine my surprise when I went to get my car and was met with a $1, 600 bill for the scheduled maintenance. No added items, just what was expected. Then they lay out the BS... "well, your car takes more transmission fluid than we allow, " and "our estimate didn't include disposal fees and taxes." "Oh, and we needed to spend some additional time tuning the engine." Really??? You don't know how much a car you service takes in the way of fluids? You don't know up front what the taxes and fees will be?

60% over their estimate and they didn't even have the decency to run it through their car wash. This service department is as bad as the moving companies that quote you low, pick up your stuff, and then refuse to give it back without paying considerably more. My next email is to Chevrolet. This service department is borderline criminal and doesn't represent the company well at all. STAY AWAY!

General Motors2014 chevrolet silverado a/c

At about 50, 000 miles, the A/C compressor locked up in my 2014 Silverado. When I parked the truck at a restaurant, the A/C was blowing cold. When I got back in to leave, nothing but hot air. I took it to a local A/C repair shop expecting something simple. I was told the compressor locked up and trashed the entire system. They said it would be about $1900 to fix. Since I live in Florida and the weather is too hot to go without A/C, I told them to go ahead and fix it. About 2 hours later, I got a call from the repair shop telling me the A/C condenser was not available. This is a 2014 and the part is not available??? What is Chevrolet doing about this? I understand it is a widespread problem. Why no recall??? I'm still making payments on this truck and now I am stuck with a high repair bill (if it ever gets fixed) because Chevrolet uses substandard parts!!!

1 Response
                      • Bi
                        Bill Sowder Dec 18, 2017

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 purchased 12/13/14 (4 days over 3 years) currently has 47008 miles A/C blowing warm air 12/22/17. Chevrolet dealers said the A/C condenser failed leak all Freon out. The repair was NOT warranty $1, 555.43 and I requested the parts. Requested that the service writer inquire with warranty representative for recall status. Was told NO because the vehicle is over mileage by 1000 miles, "Very few failures on condensers" After a review of complaints "2014 Silverado A/C Complaints", not only was the condenser failing, A/C hose failure and compressor failures. I left Chevrolet for about 25 years because of quality control issues with parts and workman ship and engeering. I bought my first Chevrolet in 25 years. It is disappointing because I enjoy the truck, but I am concern this is a prelude to other issues. I just filed a complaint with Chevrolet 12/18/17 via [protected] and obtained a complaint # ** I worked for Chevrolet in Ocala late 70's and 80's and there were Chevrolet complete A/C recalls for evaporators, compressors, hoses and condensers on all models (MAJOR RECALL). You would think that Chevrolet would have learned from their mistakes, those who don't learn are destined to repeat history. If my memory serves it was all makes Chev, Buick, Pont, Cad, Olds. Major GM A/C Recall covered approx. [protected]. Many many millions of dollars parts and labor.
                        Bill Sowder Ocala, Florida [email protected]

General Motors — kelsey chevrolet 1105 east eads parkway greendale in

I called Kelsey Chevrolet dealership expressing an interest in a 1992 Corvette they advertised on Auto...

General Motors2010 chevrolet malibu/heritage chevrolet, chester va

Hello, my name is Adriane Carr and I wish to bring to the consumer's attention a dangerous recall issue regarding the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu.

I purchased my 2010 Chevy Malibu in the summer of 2014. Three months after having the vehicle, I noticed my brake lights would illuminate without the brake pedal being pressed. When I would press the pedal the brake light would go out. Essentially, it looked like I was riding my brake while driving the vehicle and not braking when in fact I was applying the brake. This went on randomly.

I took my car to Heritage Chevrolet in Chester and was informed it was a recall issue. They "fixed" the problem at no charge. Two years later (September 2016) I noticed the same problem occurring so I took it back to the same dealer and they again "fixed" it at no charge.

Again, in June 2017, I noticed that yet again my brake lights randomly illuminate while I'm driving and stop illuminating when I press the brake pedal. On June 19, 2017 I took my car for the third time to Heritage Chevrolet in Chester. Although I made an appointment, they had no record of it. I explained what was going on with my car and that it had been in two other times previously for the same issue. The gentleman who assisted me informed me that there may be a diagnostic charge. This didn't make sense to me since the problem had not been "fixed" permanently. After waiting approximately twenty minutes, the gentleman, Donnie Foster, hands me back my keys and tells me they can't find anything wrong. I told Mr Foster that it happens randomly. Again, he stated they could find nothing wrong and treated me dismissively. He stated that should it happen again and I'm in the area to bring it by.

On June 23, 2017 I took my car back to Heritage Chevrolet to show them that the brake lights were on while I was driving. I work in Sandston and rode to Chester with malfunctioning brake lights. I brought with me a letter from Chevrolet that states in part "some 2010 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles may have a condition where increased resistance in the body control module (BCM) connection system can result in voltage fluctuations or intermittency in the brake apply sensor (BAS) circuit that can cause brake lamp malfunction. Specifically, the brake lamps may either illuminate without the brake pedal applied, or turn off when the pedal is applied" Heritage Chevrolet didn't want me to turn my car off for fear the brake lights would not be on when it started back up. They claimed that the technician who looked at the car on the 19th had to be the one to service the car again but that he was currently working on another vehicle. My vehicle is still running while I wait for the technician. I was asked if I could leave the car overnight. I replied no because I had to go to work the next day. I was not offered a complimentary car.

Finally, a technician came to my running vehicle with a laptop and did something for all of five minutes. The brake lights went out and I was sent on my way. Before I got home, which is ten minutes away, my brake lights illuminated without me pressing the brake pedal.

The next day, June 24, 2017, I started my car to go to work and my brake lights are illuminated. My husband took the car back to Heritage Chevrolet that morning and was told he had to make an appointment for Monday (the 26th) at 8.

Today, June 26, 2017, I took my vehicle to Heritage Chevrolet and was asked by Mr Foster if I had a ride as it may take all day before he even gets to the vehicle. He stated that he informed my husband of this. My husband said he did not tell him this.

Mr Foster seems determined that I will have to pay something for this to be resolved. I just spoke with him at 4:15 pm after having had my car all day. Now he is saying he may not know anything until tomorrow morning

GMC2012 gmc terrain

On May 25, 2017 our 2012 GMC Terrain 2.4L engine went out on us. Exactly 4 days later we received a recall/extended warranty letter in the mail stating that there is oil consumption problems with the 2012 Terrain 2.4L engines. We contacted our local dealership and had it towed in. We found out that the exact problems that caused our engine to go out were the exact problems stated in the letter we received. The extended warranty covers up to 120, 000 miles...we are at 124, 000. Only 4, 000 miles. I still feel this error is the responsibility of GM to pay for. We provided proof of regular oil changes and the oil bought to top the car off several times. We were always on top of the upkeep of our car. Now we are stuck paying a $280/month car payment and $200/month insurance on a car that doesn't run. On top of trying to come up with $4, 000 to fix this problem.

General Motorsservice and sales

About Joe Lunghamer GMC Waterford MI
                          Let me begin by telling you my experience with both the service department and sales department at Lunghamer GMC. I went there on Friday June 16, 2017 to take my 2010 Chevy Traverse in for service. (this car was purchased at the Lungahamer Chevy dealer). I was dropping my car off to be serviced for an engine light which when another auto place checked the code it stated that it was an O2 sensor. I was waited on by Joe, who I had spoken to on the phone that morning before dropping my vehicle off. I also asked for an oil change and new front and rear wiper blades also that the car was idling high recently. On 6/16 the car was dropped off before 9am. I had also informed him that I was interested in purchasing a new car and asked for a recommendation of a sales person. Joe stated that he is a newer employee and could not give a recommendation. Joe stated that he would contact me later that day with an update on my car and stated that they are “short staffed and backed up”. I was transported home by their shuttle. On Saturday June 17, 2017 I contacted Joe in the am to find out the status of my car and he stated that the “fixed the O2 sensor” and that they were waiting for a hoist so that the transmission person can look at the car. Joe stated that he would contact me later that day for an update, and I never received a call. On Monday June 19, 2017 in the am I called and spoke to the receptionist and asked to speak to Joe and the call when to his voicemail, after I was not contacted several hours later I called back and spoke to Brad who stated Joe was off. I explained the situation and inquired about my car, diagnosis and progress. Brad put me on hold and when he returned to the phone stated that the O2 sensor, oil change and wipers were done and that they were still waiting on the technician to look at the transmission, I stated that I needed a car for work on Tuesday and he stated that he would set me up with a rental, I also stated that I wanted to speak to someone in sales. I went to the dealership and did get a loaner and spoke with Brad who could give me no new information or estimate of completion. I then went into the sales department and spoke to Jessica and explained the situation and that I was interested in a Buick Envision and that I wanted to trade my car in and purchase a vehicle for cash. She then took me out to the lot and was discussing options and colors I may want and discussed the Envision having a third row seat, I questioned this because I had already looked them up online. When she brought a car for me to test drive I asked to see the third row seat and when we opened the hatch there wasn’t one and she stated that she was sorry and that she was new and had gotten mixed up. After test driving the car went in to discuss again the options I would like and wanted to look at an Envision Essence. (again I had researched online beforehand). I asked about deals and promotions and stated that I could use GM friends and family and she and the male sales manager stated that the Costco discount would be better. (well at that time on the website it showed deals on the exact vehicle we were looking at for $35, 000. Jessica came back with $40, 000 without knowing my trade. I stated that would be doable and would wait to see the trade in for my car, which would have to be driven by the used car manager before giving a price. Jessica asked if I wanted her to run numbers for an Enclave and I stated I did and she said she would get back to me. On Tuesday 20, 2017 I again called the dealer in the am and spoke with Joe who state they are “working on it” and that he would call, which he did later that day and stated that the Trans Control Module needed to be replace and I said ok and asked that when it is complete if they could have the used car manager drive it so that my purchasing process could move forward. Later that day Joe called and stated the car was done and the used car manager was going to drive it. I left work early to pick it up and got there and turned in the rental and paid my bill of over $1400. (and again the cashier was extremely rude to me. I had asked her about the Costco discount and she said something about I need an email from them? Never letting me know how to access this service). Jessica came out and stated that my car was parked in the front and would find out the trade in price. I also asked Jessica about the specials that were on their website that listed several of the vehicles we discussed at $5000 less than what she quoted me and even showed her the print off. She stated that she will look into it. Then I was told as the used car manager was driving the car the engine light came on again and that he could not give a value until it was taken care of. I then spoke to Joe and he stated that the technician that had done the work was gone for the day and that it might be that he did not clear the code after and that my car would need to stay until tomorrow. (no one else in service knows how to clear the codes?). So then I had to get the rental car again. On Wednesday 21, 2017 Joe contacted me and stated that it was the O2 sensor that was bad!!! I stated that was the reason that I brought it in and that they had told me that it had been fixed……Joe said that he would waive the labor fees….so another $79…..(this is not acceptable for me). I went and picked up my car. I got a call from Jennifer checking on my experience and explained to her all that is above and she apologized and asked if I wanted to come and speak with the manager, I stated I would on a different day and that he could call me. Jessica contacted me later that day and stated that the trade in value was less than $4000 I informed her that is not acceptable and that I felt it was unfair and discussed the issues above. I also asked about the Enclave quote and also stated to her that it was interesting that the deals that were on their website that I enquired about were no longer posted but one…She stated that to have the “special” I had to already have a car leased through them and the GM discount. (nowhere on the disclaimer stated anything about having a GM leased.) I told her I was disappointed in the service at all levels and if discouraged if I bought a car through them that the service department let me down to trust in future service. I stated that I would take my business elsewhere. I also called Jennifer who referred me to the manager Scott and I left him a message on 6/21 and have not received a call back as of yet. So last night I looked up several sites about O2 sensors and how they can cause a car to idle high…I also called and spoke to a mechanic who stated the same thing. So now the issue is I just paid over $1400 that I did not know would have been necessary if they would have fixed the O2 first for $79. Besides the fact that the KBB value of my car and they offered me less than ½ off fair condition besides just putting $1400 into it. I am discussed and disappointed with this whole situation and feel like I was truly taken advantage of.

My husband and I have been owners of GM Vehicles for many years and have gotten them serviced through Lunghamer and I feel I’ve been a loyal customer and sad that it does not seem to matter.

Sincerely, Megan Wentz

Respond

General Motorscondensor for escalade air conditioner

The condenser went out on my 2015 escalade . Pepe Cadillac in White Plains has told me that GM is out of stock and that there is a nationwide shortage. They say that GM will not give them a time frame for when to expect this item that is covered under warranty. I have been waiting over 2 weeks so far and they say it could be 5 weeks. The hottest two weeks thus far this this year and my car is not drivable. This is so disappointing for this supposedly high end vehicle. I am very disappointed with the it has been handled, and although I have had several Escalades, would be reluctant to choose General Motors again.

3 Responses
                                Jokat0292 Jun 26, 2017

Purchased a brand new 2017 chevy silverado z71 in nov. 2016. A/c went out a month and a jalf ago. Im in Ca the weather was up to 111 degrees and was told the same BD! After i complained to my states New Car Commissioner, wrote (complained) on GM fb page & the dealership fb page, the part magically appeared at the dealership that evening. 🤔 & they finally gave me a rental that i had been asking for. My brand new truck sat in my driveway because it was too hot & too dangerous to risk driving my kids around in the 111 degree weather. GM needs to get these parts out ASAP because they make it seem as the vehicle is driveable, well it could be but not when its 111 degrees, it makes the vehicle non driveable and a hazard!! Just simply DANGEROUS!! GM should offer some compensation for us not being able to drive our brand new vehicles

• Hc
                                Hchunter Jun 22, 2017

I have been waiting since June 1, also told the same thing that they are on national backorder and have no idea when they will be in, not to happy right now with gm 90 plus degrees an no air, grandkids won't even ride with me!

• St
                                Stephen Meece Jun 22, 2017

I've been told the same thing. I was also told GM redesigned the AC Condenser due to a weak point in the design. They are not providing the owners with a replacement even though the product was faulty. I was told by the GM Service person at the dealership that they won't recall the product because it is a luxury item not a safety issue. Not happy with them at this moment. 2014 Chevy Silverado

General Motorsservice, repeated misdiagnosis of car over years

This is the letter sent to O'Reilly Chevrolet on Broadway in Tucson, AZ

Good Afternoon Mr McCoy,

My name is Susan Breadner. I have been to your Service Center 4 times over the last few years with various issues in regards to my Saturn Outlook.

My husband and I both bought new cars from Precision Toyota in 2013, his new and mine preowned. The troubles with my Outlook came about within 2 weeks, not starting, and the Sales Dept at Toyota wouldn't return my calls. I bought a portable booster to ward off the stress of this, and kicked myself for the thousands we spent on the Powertrain Warranty.

I have brought my vehicle into your facility at least 4 times and have been looked at like a crazy person and have been sold batteries and had a lift gate motor replaced in response to the electrical ghost living in my car causing problems with starting, the lift gate, loud single beeps at start up and the DVD system since Day One. All which never solved the problems and had me without a vehicle for days.

Well, now, the instrument panel is gone and it has been diagnosed as having a failing BCM, and always has! The mechanic also has said that the failure of this would result in not getting the failure codes required for diagnosis, which would also explain the $ I've thrown out the window for OnStar.

First, I would like to completely freak out for your Service not being able to diagnose the problem and making me feel like an idiot, and next I'd
                              Iike to ask how you'd like to proceed? I don't hold you responsible for the mess of a purchase from Precision to start with, but I am certainly upset as I'd given 4 opportunities for this to be diagnosed while it was still under extended warranty.

I love this vehicle, despite the ghosts, and was delighted when I learned the Acadia was just the same car. After a BMW X5 and a Nissan Pathfinder, this was, by far, a surprisingly superior drive. Sadly, I think this is where my family's GM relationship will end.

This will be forwarded on to those at Head Office who would be concerned, and across channels who would benefit from the information if not dealt with in a timely fashion.

Susan Breadner

General Motorsmotor

I have a 2008 Chevy max 6.0L motor blew and I bought a new motor from Chevy that motor blew with 11300 miles on it and now got another motor in it and something is wrong with this one . Took it I to the dealership in spruce pine n.c. the tech said it was my bank 2 sensor 1 in which is my Cadillac converter stopped up service manager wood warranty the Cadillac converter even though the motor blew and that's what caused it to stop up so I'll make it appointment at a local exhaust shop he cuts the Cadillac converter off come to find out the Cadillac converter was not stopped up. I go back to the dealership to let them know I spent $450 for nothing and all they can say is you've got to be kidding me it wasn't stopped up and now I'm having to do an oil consumption test because this new motor with 3000 miles on it has burnt two and a half quarts of oil now I paid good money for this motor and they're wanting to give me the runaround

General Motors2011 terrain

Never notified about the oil consumption problem with this vehicle it has been burning a lot of oil for months while driving on the highway vehicle shut down dealer said at first it was the timing chain then later called saying vehicle needs a new engine the problem is car had no oil in engine how is this my problem and not GMC fault should have been a recall for this oil problem

Respond

General Motorswarranty coverage and tech neglect with my girlfriends car.

My girlfriend had her car towed into the dealership back in February because her engine was making awful noise when it was running and there was a puddle of oil on the ground. There was no oil in the engine and the rear main seal blew out causing all oil to spill. They found the rear main seal failure and replaced it and sent her on her way. It has since been to a dealer several times for rough running condition, cam codes, and now is at John Bowman Chevrolet in Clarkston, Michigan getting new pistons and rings due to severe oil consumption. I am a veteran master tech and I know very well how vehicles work from bumper to bumper and I do not believe all of the due diligence was performed as to why the rear main SUDDENLY blew out (I'm thinking it was excessive blow by and pressurization of the crankcase due to the worn pistons and rings). This is an ongoing concern and if they would have caught the initial piston problem, the catalytic converter would not be toast due to oil burning and overheating (WHICH NOW HER WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER, EVEN THOUGH THE PISTONS AND RINGS ARE COVERED). There is no logical explanation why a $1000 emission part wouldn't be covered due to internal engine damage causing the cat problem when GM knows the condition of the equipped engine enough to significantly extend the warranty for the rotating assembly. My girlfriend and I are VERY UPSET this was not caught before her Power train warranty ran out and now we are faced with a $1200 charge for a new cat and new intake manifold. Her GMPP warranty said they will cover the cracked intake manifold for $100 deductible (no idea how that cracked, as I have never seen one of them crack on the years of working on equinox vehicles) but they will not cover a lawful Emissions part that is detrimental to the overall performance to the vehicle. I will be contacting customer care and anything else I can to get this taken care of. She is a long time GM advocate and customer and this incident is enough to cause her to change her mind to go to another manufacturer.

General Motors — premature transmission failure/cost of repair

I own a 2011 HHR LT. The local Chevy dealer (Chesrown Chevrolet) says the transmission has shavings in it and...