Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2006. The latest review 2013 Encore was posted on Sep 14, 2021. The latest complaint 2019 buick envision was resolved on Sep 24, 2019. General Motors has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1344 reviews. General Motors has resolved 65 complaints.

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

General Motors Complaints & Reviews, Page 50

General Motors — air conditioning

New Envision. First time I tried to use the rear a/c it did not work. I was sold a car with defective air...

General Motors2015 yukon denali xl

Another failed A/C condenser unit. Major problem at GM right now. None available. Told me it would be over 30 days before part would be available. It's practically a new car. Major failure on GM's part and a defective condenser that they aren't willing to stand behind. Will cost over $1000 to fix. Not impressed with GM's repose at all. Time to start a social media campaign, or better yet get litigious.

General Motors2013 chevy malibu

I purchased this vehicle one year ago and have had nothing but problems. At 60, 000 miles two new rear wheel bearings had to be replaced. It spent 3 months in and out of the shop due to overheating issues which resulted from a reservoir attached to the water pump. I have since had a ground wire break in the trunk. I have had check engine light issues. P011 error code which resulted in an 'update' GM put out requiring the car to be reprogrammed. Engine light is on AGAIN, will get error code and take it back to the dealer. This is costing me $100-200 every 3-6 weeks and frankly it's getting old.

General Motorschevy 2012 equinox-oil consumption

I purchased the 2012 Chevy Equinox in Feb 2016. I am very happy with it but is has recently been using oil. I gave it an oil change on June 1, 2017 and today July 11, 2017 the engine light came on. I took it to Autozone to get the codes and found it has no oil. 5 quarts in 6 weeks, way too much. I have been noticing more oil consumption ever since my check engine light came on in August of last year for the crank position sensor. When the light went on in August 2016 I called the dealer, gave them the code I was getting. I was told that I would need to drop the car off for a day or two so they can look it over, mind you it was under warranty at this time, but I told them that I would need a loaner car since I need to work. They did not have a loaner car and said it is a known problem with my car an it would be fine. I requested them to call when they have a loaner car available which I never got a call back. I contacted them a few weeks late in September 2016 and I got the same song and dance. Now it is July 2017, my warranty has run out and now I am going to have a huge bill for a known problem on this car. Is there a recall for the oil consumption on this year car?

General Motorsac suburban

I have a 2015 suburban. I have 3 children under the age of 5. I it is July and for 3 months I have not have air. Why can I not get a condenser on my car. I paid over 60, 000 for My car and have no A/C. What are you going to do about this. I refuse to drive my children in this car. I will reach out in what ever means possible to have something done immediately.
        Lori rowland

General Motors2011 chevy malibu

I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu with less then 90, 000 miles on it and my transmission is shoot. GM wanted almost $6000 to replace/ rebuild my transmission. My local #1 transmission specialist is charging me almost $4000 to rebuild my transmission. I was told that the transmission dying is not my fault. My transmission Specialist explained he has 2 other Malibus in his shop currently with the same issues. Evidently Chevy Malibus from [protected] have transmission problems. I was wondering since this is a know fact why is there no recall and or any partial reimbursement available for Malibu owners who get their transmission rebuilt with all GM parts??
          I was advised not to buy a used low milage transmission due to the chance of it dying as well.
          I would love to hear from you soon.

General Motorshi im eli for orlando florida, my complaint is about shock absorbers

To Whom It my Concern,

I purchased z06 w/ z07 package with the heavy duty suspension i spent with GM lot of money in corvette is my #3, now what's happen is that one of my z07 front right shock absorber leak. So I make appointment with the dealer and the guys keep the corvette for couples of days for repair under warranty. Call me for pick up my z06 w/z07 when im go home I check make sure the guy install the RIGHT SHOCK end i see they install the wrong shock in the right front side. That is unsafe because my corvette has heavy duty suspension and is 62% higher heavy duty VS the regular. So, on the left I have the original heavy duty and on the right have the regular shock that the dealer replaced. Can't drive that corvette with that wrong suspension the dealer install in the right front, I feel GM NOT IS SAFE IN THAT, I BUYYYY Z07PACKAGE not the regular one zo6 so before I take any legal follow-up I try to report to GM first before get any action, my corvette have warranty PLUS EXTENDED WARRANTY TOO SO WHY THE WRONG PART WAS INSTALLED?
            ATT:
            Eliezer Sanabria

hi im eli for orlando florida, my complaint is about shock absorbers
            hi im eli for orlando florida, my complaint is about shock absorbers

General MotorsI have a 2014 silverado with only 18000 miles hand the ac has gone out twice=ce.

My 2014 Silverado's ac went out while under warranty. They said they had to replace a hose that was leaking. I guess they replaced the hose. They may have just put more Freon in the system. Now a few months latter and the ac is gone out again. The dealer said it had a leak. I did not need a dealership to tell me that. They could not find the leak. So they put fron and dye in the system and told me to come back in two weeks. I guess they hope the dye will show the leak. They charged me $90- to do nothing but put Freon and dye in the ac system. The ac after an hour is not blowing out cold air. There are many reports out on the internet about Silverado's ac problems. Most seem to be a faulty hose. The dealers are replacing the hoses and installing a bracket for support. this problem should be a recall item. I do not want my compressor and condenser to burn out. what is your thoughts on this matter. This is disgusting for a American made auto! Thank you for your time and consideration with this problem.

General Motors — 2010 chevy impala ls

On Friday, May 4, 2017 I contacted Gateway Chevy on 99th Ave and McDowell in Avondale, AZ to purchase another...

General Motors — 2013 chevy malibu safety concern

I own a 2013 Chevy Malibu. While driving 65 miles per hour on the highway, the car lost power (radio went...

General Motors2015 chevrolet silverado

My 2015 Chevrolet Silverado went to my dealer on 5/19/17 for 2 recall repairs and a broken condenser unit, all of which were on a national backorder according to the service department of the dealer I use, at the time I just left my truck there as I would be away for the following 2 weeks and would think a major vehicle manufacturer would not let a safety recall go unrepaired for that long, well I was wrong because upon my return my dealer informed me all parts were still on backorder, including my AC condenser unit which I was so excited to hear since we are in summer right now. I brought my truck back to the dealer on 6/14/17 and it was still another week before everything was fixed. I picked my truck up on 6/21/17 only to find that my AC was still blowing hot air even at its coldest setting, so I brought it back to the dealer on 6/22/17, only for them to find out the BRAND NEW condenser unit is broke, and my truck has been there ever since. I have now been without my truck for the better part of 6 weeks! Also as I follow up with my dealer they are telling me you won't even have the decency of giving them a time frame of when you can send them the parts they need to get my truck, which is only 2 years old, working properly. How can a major vehicle manufacturer be so negligent and incompetent to not be able to keep up with manufacturing parts for their vehicles, especially not even stock the proper amount of parts when you issue a safety recall? Clearly they care more about their profit margin than, not only the safety, but the satisfaction of their customers. I have owned 3 Chevrolet products through the years I have been driving, but this will be the LAST Chevrolet or GM product I will own, or purchase, and will look to another manufacturer who actually cares about their customers, who will actually back their products up. How GM earned any awards is beyond my comprehension.

General Motors2004 saturn ion

Bought the car used 2 half years ago ran good, now my steering stopped working while I was driving, (I'm lucky I was pulling out of a parking lot) & now my air bag, check engine light is on & my horn stopped working. I had it towed the shop & they told me there is a recall on that problem but when checked the recall was done. So where does this leave me... No car to get to work & with a bill that I can't afford so what am I to do?

General Motorsambassadors

We have started at the dealership level with a faulty product and seeing it is our vehicle we have concerns. We have what is commonly know to fm as "piston slap". They say they replaced all 8 pistons but we still have the same problem. After many discussions, we didn't get anywhere further at the dealership level. I have submitted a complaint via their website and was speaking with an ambassador named Katherine. She has not been returning my calls for over a week now with me leaving a message every day. This is how they deal with complaints?

General Motorsblew moroe, no check oil, nothing just blew engine and gm wants 3k to fix

Hello my name is Matthew Gay I came in like 5 months ago with my father and we financed a gray 2010 Camaro LT with 70K miles on it in Southfield, Michigan at Serra Chevrolet of Southfield well today that is dead motor seized up with 85K miles on it. My question is with no warranty is there anything you guys can do ?. I have all paperwork for regular oil changes and the car never gave an check oil light or engine light and out driving one day it stop running while my family and I were in the car. Now the car is just sitting in driveway, the problem is The 2010-11 Camaro V6 3.6L engine had many problems with the lifters. Why go get an new or used engine when I may run into the same problem again. If you can help in anyway please contact me all payments been on time, this car gets me to work and takes of my family.

General Motorssierra 1500 a/c and long list of other problems

I have a 2015 1500 Sierra. I have the Seat fixed 2xs, seatbelts, airbags, transmission, engine blow and now A/c condenser. No parts affable and not covered or recall. I have seen 100s of other people complaining Step up GM. If all these trucks are having the same A.C. problems recall the parts. Checking on NJ lemon laws. Also taken to sicial media for more people with this same problem. Maybe. a class action suit against GM will help

General Motors2015 gmc yukon, air conditioning condenser not working

I purchased a 2015 GMC Yukon brand new. It currently has 58, 000 miles on it. I have had to replace the transmission once already. I am now experiencing air conditioning problems. I took my vehicle to the GM dealer to have the air conditioning fixed just to be told they cannot find me a condenser anywhere in the United States. I have been without air now for the 3 weeks with no hopes of getting anything resolved in the near future. The only way to have air is to put Freon in the vehicle every other day which is becoming a huge cost.

General Motorseither the gm certified pre-owned warranty is a scam or you should expect your camaro’s door panels to fall off!

Buyer beware, according to GM, it is normal for the door panels on their cars to come off with less than 35K miles to the tune of $500 (Maybe I should feel lucky it’s a two door so only one more to fall off!).

Wow, I sure didn't feel this way initially but I guess I should have been smarter. I paid significantly more for a GM Certified pre-owned car and after only a few months and less than 1000 miles the driver door panel starts coming off. Apparently my first mistake was thinking that GM cars had improved from the piles of junk they were in the 70’s and 80’s, I don’t think I’ll make that mistake again!!! So I take my car to Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine to have it looked at and they tell me it isn’t covered under my CPO warranty, what! So then I call GM customer care (cough, choke, gag, anything but care!) and Dave first agrees completely with me that this sounds like it should be covered. Dave (won’t give his last name, I wonder why…) then calls me back after about a week and tells me that he spoke with the dealer and they confirmed the problem wasn’t caused by me (which I knew) but it’s also not a defect so not covered. Hmmm, being an older guy I can’t think of any of the many other cars (even two other Camaro’s) that have had a door panel come off but yup, according to GM and this dealer, this is ‘normal’ for their cars now (sure says a lot about GM craftsmanship). Convenient 'normal wear and tear' is the only thing listed at gmcertified.com that would allow them to charge me $500 to fix their poorly made car.

General Motorsservice complaint

Hello,

I was told that lifting my truck would not void my extended warranty. My truck is only two years old and the transmission completely failed. Paradise Chevrolet will not honor my warranty and thats complete [censor]. I've been a loyal GM customer my entire life and all my vehicles are GM. I have family thats worked for GM for over 30 years and I was treated with zero respect. Both dealerships I took my truck to were unwilling to help or do anything for that matter for weeks and then did nothing. Now after paying the extra $2800 for the extended warranty which I was told would not void anything besides my chassy warranty they are charging me $4200 for a new transmission. As a family we own 12-15 GM trucks and cars. I never thought I'd switch over to Ford but this is just ridiculous.

Thanks for nothing,

A very unhappy customer!

General Motorsservice department at mccarthy chevrolet in olathe, ks

Horrible service department. It was time for scheduled maintenance on my Camaro. I called them and asked for a price and what they would be doing. I was told it was a major mileage hurdle and that it would be $1000 for everything that needed to be done. I made sure and asked that it would cover everything and was assured that it would unless they found anything outside the list of services that needed repaired.

I scheduled the service and dropped off my car. I was told if they found anything additional they would call. No calls, except to tell me that my car was ready to be picked up. Imagine my surprise when I went to get my car and was met with a $1, 600 bill for the scheduled maintenance. No added items, just what was expected. Then they lay out the BS... "well, your car takes more transmission fluid than we allow, " and "our estimate didn't include disposal fees and taxes." "Oh, and we needed to spend some additional time tuning the engine." Really??? You don't know how much a car you service takes in the way of fluids? You don't know up front what the taxes and fees will be?

60% over their estimate and they didn't even have the decency to run it through their car wash. This service department is as bad as the moving companies that quote you low, pick up your stuff, and then refuse to give it back without paying considerably more. My next email is to Chevrolet. This service department is borderline criminal and doesn't represent the company well at all. STAY AWAY!

General Motors2014 chevrolet silverado a/c

At about 50, 000 miles, the A/C compressor locked up in my 2014 Silverado. When I parked the truck at a restaurant, the A/C was blowing cold. When I got back in to leave, nothing but hot air. I took it to a local A/C repair shop expecting something simple. I was told the compressor locked up and trashed the entire system. They said it would be about $1900 to fix. Since I live in Florida and the weather is too hot to go without A/C, I told them to go ahead and fix it. About 2 hours later, I got a call from the repair shop telling me the A/C condenser was not available. This is a 2014 and the part is not available??? What is Chevrolet doing about this? I understand it is a widespread problem. Why no recall??? I'm still making payments on this truck and now I am stuck with a high repair bill (if it ever gets fixed) because Chevrolet uses substandard parts!!!

• Bi
                                      Bill Sowder Dec 18, 2017

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 purchased 12/13/14 (4 days over 3 years) currently has 47008 miles A/C blowing warm air 12/22/17. Chevrolet dealers said the A/C condenser failed leak all Freon out. The repair was NOT warranty $1, 555.43 and I requested the parts. Requested that the service writer inquire with warranty representative for recall status. Was told NO because the vehicle is over mileage by 1000 miles, "Very few failures on condensers" After a review of complaints "2014 Silverado A/C Complaints", not only was the condenser failing, A/C hose failure and compressor failures. I left Chevrolet for about 25 years because of quality control issues with parts and workman ship and engeering. I bought my first Chevrolet in 25 years. It is disappointing because I enjoy the truck, but I am concern this is a prelude to other issues. I just filed a complaint with Chevrolet 12/18/17 via [protected] and obtained a complaint # ** I worked for Chevrolet in Ocala late 70's and 80's and there were Chevrolet complete A/C recalls for evaporators, compressors, hoses and condensers on all models (MAJOR RECALL). You would think that Chevrolet would have learned from their mistakes, those who don't learn are destined to repeat history. If my memory serves it was all makes Chev, Buick, Pont, Cad, Olds. Major GM A/C Recall covered approx. [protected]. Many many millions of dollars parts and labor.
                                      Bill Sowder Ocala, Florida [email protected]