GEICOhomeowners insurance homesite insurance #[protected]

My name is Tammy Wulf. My husband Peter and I have Vehicle and Home Insurance through Geico. In September when Hurricane Matthew came through we suffered some damage. Most of which was the loss of trees and some other structural damages, such as our storage building and our fence being crushed. I lost 3 trees on my property and 9 of my neighbors trees fell on our property. When the adjuster came out, I told him that 9 of the trees were not mine, so he only counted my trees. He failed to inform me that with the trees being on my property they were my responsibility. When I found this out and the fact that there would be a huge deduction on my claim for this being hurricane damage I called the adjuster. I was told that deduction for the hurricane would not be taken out of my claim. Well, that was a lie. When, I talked to the Insurance company I was told that they had given me all the money I was getting and that I had to take the money I had and cover the cost of the other 9 trees. Well, over half of that money paid for my few trees to be removed. I have never been so disappointed in a company in my life. Here we are already distraught over all that happened and then to have to deal with this. We have had high regards for Geico because your company is suppose to look out for our Vets, but not the case. We are switching Insurance companies for this is the second incident with Geico, short changing us on a claim. The first one was with our truck and the flood in S.C. in September of 2015. It saddens me to think that we have to pay for things that are not of our control and very emotional for us. I couldn't believe how much was deducted from my claim because of a "hurricane". I know this is not going to make any difference and your company has already showed me it could care less, but I wanted to let you know why my husband and I are switching insurance companies.