Allstate Insurance Logo

Allstate Insurance

Having problems with Allstate Insurance?

Allstate Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 6, 2006. The latest review homeowners claim-0624027595 was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint Jeff and Theresa Adkins, home owner was resolved on Aug 04, 2021. Allstate Insurance has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 315 reviews. Allstate Insurance has resolved 74 complaints.

Allstate Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 810 2920 (United States)
2775 Sanders Rd
Northbrook, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Allstate Insurance Customer Service. Initial Allstate Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Allstate Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Allstate Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Allstate Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Allstate Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Allstate Insurancehomeowners claim-[protected]

Allstate Claim# [protected]
My name is Keith Brown and I have a homeowner's policy with Allstate Insurance. My home sustained significant hail damage due to a hail storm that occurred on 4/12/2021. My roof, metal fascia, AC unit, window screens, and other structure show evidence of hail damage. My current adjuster Christopher Fontes and his Manager Lilly Boyd are not handling the claim properly and are performing unfair claim practices.
The original Allstate estimate was quite short and a lot of items was let off the estimate. My contractor Deron Trotter with Linear Roofing and General Contractors submitted a supplement request; however, Mr. Fontes became combative, disrespectful, and rude when receiving the estimate. He told Myself and my contractor that he does not have time to look at the estimate and will not look at it. We then proceeded to speak to his manager Lilly Boyd, but she was combative as well and did not want to provide any assistance. We requested to have claim reassigned to another adjuster, but our request was denied.
The claim has not been worked by a professional and fair adjuster. The claim was closed without any work on the supplement. Even though Mr. Fontes did not revise his estimate, He still shorted the payout by $7, 995.99 based on Allstate's estimate. I am filing a complaint for unfair claim practices performed by Allstate representative Christopher Fontes and his Manager Lilly Boyd. WE would like to have the claim handled per my policy and worked to its fullest.

Allstate InsuranceAllstate Insurance changes repair costs

Car accident June 28, 2020
    For this example in July 2020,  the adjuster used pictures to determine the cost to repair our car was $1782 . In Jan 2021,   an adjuster,  D.A,  agreed that the repair cost was indeed $1782 .  In June 2021,  the  same adjuster as in Jan 2021,  D. A., he/Allstate  determined the repair cost was $3570.  The same adjuster determined two  different figures,  $1782 and $3570,   without any new information or  evidence;  there were no new pictures,  no inspections,  there was nothing  different in the information Allstate had for the first repair cost to the  second repair cost.  Nothing had changed. They refuse to answer any questions  about the  differences in cost.

Sep 02, 2021

Allstate Insurance — Allstate investigator & claims representative

9-1-2021 Allstate Claim:[protected] I am submitting a complaint regarding the unprofessional manner I have...

Aug 09, 2021

Allstate Insurance — Roof replacement

I am writing to complain about having insurance with Allstate for my homeowners and autos for 13 years!! Have...

Allstate InsuranceJeff and Theresa Adkins, home owner

8/4/21. My Mother in Law has been with Allstate for many years without filling a claim (Alzheimer). Upon her passing policy changed to our name. Inspection stated problems and could not be covered, claim was filled (as would have been if not for medical impairment), second inspection stated property was fine and claim was declined. After our complaints we were told repairs were made which negated policy. these repair were made by unauthorized person without owners knowledge. We are in process of changing 3 home/car policies due to this. If any desire to act on this call: [protected].

Allstate InsuranceAuto insurance

Allstate is the worst insurance company in the United States, maybe the world. You should never try and negotiate with them without an attorney. I made that mistake. I was stopped at a red light when their client/insured ran the light and collided with a van and they both collided into me. Their client admitted guilt. The pictures and police report confirmed her guilt. So I foolishly decided not to get an attorney, after all I was not injured. But my 2003 Chevy cargo van with 219, 000 miles was not so lucky. You are not going to believe what happened next...I will get back with you tomorrow about claim number [protected]

RESOLVED

Allstate InsuranceDelay in taking off totaled car, on policy

We called Allstate on December 10, to remove our car from our policy, which was totaled in October 2020, and to add the replacement car. They added the replacement car, but did not take off the totaled car. When we discussed this with Tim Green, in July, he said he might be able to reimburse us for 2 months. By the time we noticed this, it was over 7 months of paying for a totaled car. We do not get paper copies in the mail, and had not looked at our policy.

On July 8th, we sent Tim Green an email, asking him to give us a refund. He said he would research it, and that is all we have heard from him, as of today, 8/2/2021, almost a month later.

This does not seem to be good workmanship, and his lack of communication is not what a good company would do.

What can we do to have this resolved? Do you need anything else from us?

Danny & Linda Turley
          [protected]@att.net

Jul 27, 2021

Allstate Insurance — The insurance did not meet its obligation

The Allstate insurance co. treated us very unfairly and did not meet its obligation. Please see the...

Allstate InsuranceAuto Insurance Policy

My family and I have been loyal Allstate-insured customers for well over 35 years. I found out in January 2021 that my auto insurance policy lapsed in September of 2020. I contacted my agent, Murphy in Bryn Mawr PA, they stated they attempted to contact me which is not true. I had been working from home starting March 17, 2020, and available by phone and email which I did not receive from my agent. I have since taken out a policy with NGIC which has driven my out-of-pocket cost up to $100.00 more each month. I think this agent has horrible customer service and I no longer wish to have my homeowners through their agency.

Recently a neighbor's tree fell and hit my house and car causing damage to both. The neighbor wanted me to go through my insurance policy which I have done. Why am I responsible for a deductible. I asked the adjuster why do I have to pursue my neighbor to cover my deductible, why isn't Allstate providing that service. She told me that is not her responsibility and to contact my agent.

Trying to reach my agent is a joke. Every time I call I get caught up in a web of redirection and voicemail and call back service, it's ridiculous. How can I switch my policy to an alternate agency? Who would you recommend in my area?

Kind regards,

Dunbar Thompson

• Allstate Insurance's response · Aug 10, 2021

Hi Dunbar, we are sorry to hear this. For further assistance, feel free to email us at [email protected] and we can look into this concern further.

Jul 20, 2021

Allstate Insurance — Insurance agent

Please see list of emails from agent. Unacceptable and threatening. Dr. Gary Kingsley Wed, Jul 7, 11:46 AM...

Jul 12, 2021

Allstate Insurance — Authorization and payment not being released to body shop

We were in a wreck in our Orange Dodge Charger that resulted in a damaged front end, on April 16th. We have...

Allstate InsuranceChanged my policy without consulting me and took more money than I agreed to.

All State Call Center called me so I listened to what I would get with them and liked it. Signed everything Normia Reeves All State Direct Sales sent me. Then the other day I get an email from Kyle Uhlig with a Policy Change. After I seen what he changed it to I called and he said he didn't have anything to do with the call center so talk to them. I have yet to get Normia Reeves to answer my emails about this. I don't want to go with the Policy that Kyle Uhlig set up. He also took over $78 payment on June 28th then has it set up to take $119.03 on July 5th and then August $144. I didn't agree to this haven't signed the amended version he wants me to sign. So he just took this money without my approval. Can you help me please?

Changed my policy without consulting me and took more money than I agreed to.

• Allstate Insurance's response · Jul 23, 2021

Hi Teresa, we'd be happy to review this further. Please email us at [email protected] with this information and we can review this concern.

Allstate InsuranceSales Call

I received a call today from an All State agent, did not get their full name. However, when they asked if I have insurance I said yes, but I'm happy with my current insurance. The agent then said, ok, I hope you have a bad day, oh wait I mean good and disconnected the call.

This is one of the rudest calls, I've ever received.

Received number - [protected]

Allstate InsuranceHomeowners

I got a mailer suggesting a premium of $718.51 for my homeowners insurance. I called and initiated a quote. It came to me via email as $2055.00 for the same level of coverage as indicated in the mailer. ALMOST TRIPLE THE MAILER RATE!

This kind of mailer is deceitful, and should be illegal.

I am a Senior Citizen. Is this why you think you can deceive me this way?

Allstate InsuranceService

I was involved/hit by an Allstate customer May 16th 2021 here it is 28 days later and I just received the first phone call from them 3 days ago. I have yet to get a single response from them with multiple emails my vehicle is still damaged they told me they accepted 100% liability to only tell me 2 seconds later that they have not accepted liability they also had none of my information correctly including name. I'm blow away with their service.

Allstate InsuranceAccount information

I have called this company twice not being able to get thru to an agent, they know I am trying to contact them. I send the feed back request and the the same respond call the 800 255 # but getting switch over to a Va agent no one answers the phone. It seem if the wanted to help me instead of ripping me off monthly the would call me back they have my information but just don't give a S,

Allstate InsurancePolicy I didn't ask for

moved to Florida from Ohio and needed to have insurance I called
                        among others Allstate for quotes, , asked them to send them to me and then did. after reviewing I called the agency and explained I could not afford to have them, the lady I was speaking with hung up on me.. now I have been turned over to a collection agency . I am retired and living on
                        ss not that matters to you I have never not paid a bill I have made.. I feel the agent that hung up on me was rude and have made up my mind that I would not have a policy with them. I had Allstate in the past and was satisfied but my opinion has changed.

Allstate InsuranceHomeowners insurance

Allstate is very bias when it comes to women homeowners you make a claim and they refuse to pay anything always citing pre exsisting damage . Single women STAY WELL AWAY from this insurance as homeowners they just want a premium paid they don't ever intend to be there when you need them . The adjuster never came in the house after I filed a claim for water damage the allstate adjuster didn't want to see it why b/c she already made up her mind b/c they are biased when it comes to women homeowners .She claimed that a storm that ruined my barn with a hole in the roof was done prior to and was old damage . what a disappointment for this homeowner to invest my time in a company and pay on time just to get the shaft when I actually need them

May 05, 2021

Allstate Insurance — Unable / refuse to give information about previous claim they paid

I have had Allstate for 40+ years (10+ years too long) I am trying to find out how old my roof is. Allstate...

Allstate Insuranceclaim # 000618925051d01

we repaired this truck with you having us use a used rear axle asm.invoice from salavage yard said we have to replace all gaskets, seals and fluid. invoice attached, garritt smith said he would not pay for it, customer would have to. he was hit in the rear so he is not going to pay for it and iam not going to release truck till paid for, see what can be done to get this paid