Cigna International Logo

Cigna International

Having problems with Cigna International?

Cigna International Customer Service Contacts

150 0033 (Indonesia)
800 011 709 (Taiwan)
800 5533 (UAE)
+1 800 997 1654 (Customer Service)
+1 866 494 2111 (Insurance)
+1 800 285 4812 (Home Delivery Pharmacy)
+1 800 433 5768 (Behavioral Health)
+1 800 668 3813 (Medicare Advantage)
+1 800 627 7534 (Medicare Advantage, Arizona)
+1 800 222 6700 (Medicare Rx Prescription Drug Plans)
+1 866 459 4272 (Medicare Supplemental Insurance)
+1 800 244 6224 (Medical and Dental)
+64 49 319 772 (New Zealand)
+852 25 601 990 (Hong Kong)
+82 15 880 058 (South Korea)
+66 20 993 999 (Thailand)
+44 147 578 8182 (United Kingdom)
900 Cottage Grove Road

Scotland
The Grosvenor Building, 72 Gordon Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 3RS

UAE
Sama Towers, Mezzanine Floor, Sheikh Zayed Road, PO Box 3664, Dubai, UAE

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cigna International Customer Service. Initial Cigna International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cigna International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cigna International. Discuss the issues you have had with Cigna International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cigna International Complaints & Reviews

Nov 13, 2019

Cigna International — long term disability insurance

Stay away from CIGNA. Do not take my word for it, Google CIGNA LTD Complaints. The CEO and Executives are...

Cigna Internationalcigna medical insurance

Today I was contacted by GW Hospital cancelling my procedure to treat my lower back pain. I immediately got on the phone with Cigna authorization department. This is my fifth denial by the way. Th authorization department took over 35 minutes to locate my latest denial. Once, they got on the phone, they said my doctors request was not clear what spinal nerve would be treated. My GW Doctor has been contacting Cigna Authorization Department all day but to no avail. Please, all those who read this. Skip Cigna. Terrible insurance company to deal with. Earlier this month my health insurance was cancelled for no reason but they were paid their insurance premium. No hope for tomorrow with Cigna as my health care provider.

• Updated by Hotsligo · Sep 25, 2019

Fifth denial in the last 5 weeks. Also Cigna cancelled my health coverage after premium was paid. Latest denial... Treatment for lower back pain. My doctors at GW have been trying the peer to peer method to no avail. Treatment for was cancelled today due to Cigna health insurance denial. Back pain is getting worst. Meds are no longer effective. Can some please help me? Cigna health insurance has not contacted me as of 9/25/2019 for the reason for denying this lower back pain treatment. GW Hospital charge me ~$78.00 for the %5 cost of whole procedure but this money has not been returned to my checking account.

• Updated by Hotsligo · Sep 25, 2019

Still no word from Cigna Health insurance when my doctors office reached out for the peer to peer conference call.

• Updated by Hotsligo · Sep 25, 2019

Still have not been contacted by Cigna health insurance company. Back pain is very severe. This health insurance company does not fair service for their subscribers, it appears that they place profits over necessary health procedures 9/25/2019.

Sep 19, 2019

Cigna Health and Life insurance Company — insurance service - family dental

I purchased a Family Dental plan with Cigna Insurance Mr. Oliver at [protected] Ext: 5009 I pay around $100...

Jul 31, 2019

CIGNA & American Speciality Health — provider & outsourcing company

Both CIGNA & American Specialty are horrible. They will send a mountain of paper in order to hold up or...

Cignalong term disability insurance

I purchased Long Term Disability Insurance with CIGNA (LINA) for about 25 years prior to making a claim. The insurance was offered through my employer.

My medical records/history is very extensive, covering multiple surgeries and procedures in an attempt to try and make my conditions manageable; however they just keep getting worse. The pain is excruciating, it affects my sleeping, moods, mobility, relationships, everything in my life. It started out with Endometriosis in my mid early to mid-twenties, which ended up in a total Hysterectomy. The Endometriosis developed into Fibromyalgia, which then also was complicated my Diffuse Small Fiber Neuropathy (diagnosed as a result of a Skin Punch Biopsy). This affects my bladder, causing incontinence which is unable to be helped by Rx medications as I am beyond that point. I can wear heavy adult protection, with a heavy pad, all meant for adults with Incontinence, but when stressed it has gone through all my protection, soaking my blue jeans, causing me to have to put a towel on my car seat to drive home. I have Mental and Cognitive issues, which are in large due to my Physical Conditions which are all predicted to stay the same or get worse. There is NO prognosis for the medical conditions to ever get better, and or improve.

From the voluminous amount of complaints by claimants about CIGNA on the Internet, I fully expect them to deny my claim as this is standard procedure for the company so their CEO, and VP's can make all the money they do being overpaid for denying valid claims as indicated by past State Insurance Department investigations, fines, rulings.

CIGNA (LINA) has immense amount of test results, history of countless failed procedures performed in an attempt to alleviate my pain and urinary issues with no success, record of past missed work, and medical history which all backs my claim as being legitimate. *It is amazing just how many times CIGNA claims to not have received documentation even though the medical provider or us have included the Incident Number with a cover sheet, and every other place we are sending that information has received it. Also how many times the Medical Examiners reviewing the documentation for CIGNA take only certain words or sentences from a claimants Medical Providers to bolster their case, IE CIGNA Cherry Picks what they want to use, and disregards what does not support CIGNA's case.

For those suffering or those family members and friends going through this:

I strongly encourage using this website as a means to voice your issues/concerns, along with writing your State Insurance Department and the Insurance Department for whatever state your disability policy was written in. Also writing the State Insurance Departments that previously investigated and fined CIGNA in the past Connecticut, California, Massachusetts, Maine, and Pennsylvania, as a means of letting those agencies know even though they cannot address your claim (if the policy and or state you live in is not in their jurisdiction) that things have not changed with CIGNA, so hopefully the States reinvestigate CIGNA and fine them again. Your State Legislature, Local Official's, News Agencies such as Daily Mail, CBS, NBC, ABC, ETC. are all worth writing, along with Social Media and CIGNA's Executives (once you have your handling Reps Email Address then you should be able to figure out the Executive Email Addresses by using the same format). The more people that fight this Mega Company the more chance they will be held responsible for their crimes of greed, dishonesty, and Bad Faith Claims Handling all for The Powerful Almighty Dollar. CIGNA has a massive amount of Lawyers and Lobbyist to make sure the deck is stacked in their favor, so only through a mass effort can we hope to change Corporate America.

The CIGNA rep called previously to advise their doctor (the CIGNA doctor) is waiting for a return call from one of my wife's medical providers, the Neuropsychologist, in the event we wanted to followup to make sure their call is returned. What is amazing is the letter from the Neuropsychologist is very clear regarding the medical issues preventing my wife from working. We feel it is very clear as well that CIGNA contacts the medical providers even if no clarification is needed, in order to skew the statements received in in order to make them support CIGNA's predetermination, that EVERY ONE CAN WORK NO MATTER WHAT. PER CIGNA IF YOU CAN FEED YOURSELF, AND ANSWER THE PHONE, THEN YOU CAN WORK!!! ****Keep this in mind when you are looking into using them for LTD, and consider policies outside of what State Farm offers. Also I read the CEO David C made around 49 Million in 2016.

The IME is over: The Dr. took 1/2 hour, refused to take any of the paperwork/medical records and supports we brought with us. Said he had everything they needed. This was a JOKE. Called the claims rep, she said they (CIGNA) take the limitations given by my medical providers, then reduce THE LIMITATIONS TO WHAT CIGNA FEELS IS SUPPORTED BY THE MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION (MEANING CIGNA CHERRY PICKS WHAT SUPPORTS THEIR STANCE) AND THEN SEARCHES FOR JOBS I CAN DO (EVEN THOUGH I CANNOT USE MY HANDS TO WRITE OR TYPE DUE TO EXTREME PAIN).

My husband does all the typing for the complaints. CIGNA would have paid around $46K for the rest of the claim as the are paying $250 which is the policy minimum based on how much I collect from Social Security. Bottom line: CIGNA Owns many politicians as the have many lobbyists and I am sure make many contributions to political campaigns to make sure the laws are in their favor. Fight so others may not get screwed as CIGNA does not believe in paying what they owe, no more, no less!

CIGNA is a bunch of cowards who denied the LTD claim from this point on as it went from own occupation to any occupation. CIGNA has a high denial rate for such claims even when Social Security approves the claim.

We have requested a complete copy of the claims file under ERISA, and will file an appeal regarding their determination, along with seeking an attorney to see if the case is enough $$ for them to take it.

CIGNA also in many cases does not dispute the medical diagnoses, nor the symptoms, but disputes the restrictions. Per CIGNA they take your medical providers restrictions, then reduce it down to what CIGNA feels is supported by the medical supports, which is almost always in CIGNA's favor.

We will continue to fight this claim which is worth $36K from this point on. CIGNA will pay more than this in administration costs/cost of handling the file.

CIGNA also failed to perform an FCE which per the contact they are able to order.

Bottom Line: CIGNA is a group of "Bottom Feeders", if we could give them a negative start rating we would.

Until then we will spread the word in hopes this will reduce the amount of LTD Premiums they collect from other people in the future.

Cigna Internationalltd insurance

I have a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Physician, Rheumatologist, and Neuropsychologist who all support my disability and have written letters explaining the same along with what they are basing it on. I also have an Urologist who can support my Bladder/Incontinence issues, along with a prior Pain Management Doctor who after several procedures said there was nothing else he could do for me, as everything he could try was exhausted. I also provided a complete record from my prior Rheumatologist who I went to for years prior to my new one.

For those suffering or those family members and friends going through this: I strongly encourage using this website as a means to voice your issues/concerns, along with writing your State Insurance Department and the Insurance Department for whatever state your disability policy was written in. Also writing the State Insurance Departments that previously investigated and fined CIGNA in the past Connecticut, California, Massachusetts, Maine, and Pennsylvania, as a means of letting those agencies know even though they cannot address your claim (if the policy and or state you live in is not in their jurisdiction) that things have not changed with CIGNA, so hopefully the States reinvestigate CIGNA and fine them again.

**********************************************************Update:

The CIGNA rep called to advise their doctor (the CIGNA doctor) is waiting for a return call from one of my wife's medical providers, the Neuropsychologist, in the event we wanted to followup to make sure their call is returned. What is amazing is the letter from the Neuropsychologist is very clear regarding the medical issues preventing my wife from working.

We feel it is very clear as well that CIGNA contacts the medical providers even if no clarification is needed, in order to skew the statements received in in order to make them support CIGNA's predetermination, that EVERY ONE CAN WORK NO MATTER WHAT. PER CIGNA IF YOU CAN FEED YOURSELF, AND ANSWER THE PHONE, THEN YOU CAN WORK!!! ****Keep this in mind when you are looking into using them for LTD, and consider policies outside of what State Farm offers. Also I read the CEO David Cordani made around 49 Million in 2016.
      **********************************************************
      The IME is over:

The Dr. took ½ hour, refused to take any of the paperwork/medical records and supports we brought with us. Said he had everything they needed. This was a JOKE.

• Updated by Gina Siemski · Nov 15, 2019

Executive Compensation
          As President and Chief Executive Officer at CIGNA CORP, David M. Cordani made $18, 944, 045 in total compensation.

Name and title
          Eric P. Palmer
          Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
          $4, 770, 408

Cignaltd (long term disability) insurance

I purchased Long Term Disability Insurance with CIGNA (LINA) for about 25 years prior to making a claim. The insurance was offered through my employer State Farm. CIGNA covered 2 years of my disability (after the 6 month wait), however now they are performing a two year review for any occupation. An IME (Independent Medical Exam) has been scheduled by CIGNA for me, even though Social Security approved my claim on the first review.

Update:

The IME is over:

The Dr. took 1/2, refused to take any of the paperwork/medical records and supports we brought with us. Said he had everything they needed. This was a JOKE.
        **********************************************************

Bottom line: CIGNA Owns many politicians as they have many lobbyists and I am sure make many contributions to political campaigns to make sure the laws are in their favor.

Cigna Internationalmore robocalls than I can count

I am receiving on average 3-4 robo calls from Cigna Daily. I am tired of this. I block one number and I just get another call from another area. Over and over again. Stop it.
          some of the numbers are : [protected]/[protected], [protected], [protected], 349-0999 to name just a few. My next phone call is to the FTC. and beyond if I have to.

Cigna International — insurance

Multiple calls a day, same message. "Price you can afford and we make it half feel free _⁠_ sign up we have...

Cigna Internationalfsa

First let me start by saying I requested an FSA card 4 times and still didn't receive one until 7 months later on July 1st after several hours on the phone. On February 28th my coverage ended due to a temporary lay off, at that time there was still $500.00 available to use good for 120 days from that date, which is June 28th. (this was confirmed by a supervisor at Cigna ) I returned to the same job April 23rd and got my benefits back beginning June 1st. There was an additional $358.00 deposited by my company. Since I had yet to receive my card I submitted 3 claims 1 on June 15th for prescriptions and 2 more June 28th for a copay and prescriptions. I have had all 3 denied twice coded that I had exhausted my benefits. I called three times regarding this, was advised each time that I absolutely had monies available. on the third call I asked to speak to a supervisor since there was no resolve two times. I was told that a supervisor would call me back within an hour ( there was no call ) I called again and this time I was connected to a supervisor who once again agreed that there was a problem and that I absolutely had money available. She agreed to seek resolve and called me back the next day. She stated that she was told that my roll over account was being billed (and was expired) instead of the new account, however as we spoke she agreed that due to the dates of the claims I was within the 120 days and that just wasn't the case. She told me that she had to speak to the bank handling my account This was of Friday July 6th, she said she would call me back by Tuesday July 10th. This is now July 11th and again no return call. As nice as she was, this is truly unacceptable. I feel like someone has stolen from me since money comes out of my paychecks for this, and no one seems to care to help me get what is mine, I don't know where else to turn for help.

Cigna Internationaldenial of surgery even with submitted proof from 4 medical professionals

I have been dealing with back, neck and shoulder pain for years, however, in the past 2-3 years it has gotten progressively worse. My back has gone out a number of times. I have complained about it to my doctor a number of times.

In December 2017 I contacted my primary care doctor and asked for a referral for a surgeon. My surgeon immediately submitted proof that a breast reduction surgery is needed. I also saw a physical therapist throughout the entire month of December 2017. She also submitted proof that the curvature of my spine is being severeley damaged because of the weight. I made an appointment with a spine specialist who completed a physical examination and took x-rays. He found that one of my lumbars is being permanently and horribly damaged because of the weight. All of this information was submitted to CIGNA.

So, my primary care doctor, my surgeon, my physical therapist AND a spine specialist informed CIGNA that I MUST HAVE this surgery. Even after all this medical proof CIGNA still denied it. I'm not sure how many medical professionals need to tell them I need the surgery in order for them to approve it. Ten?! Twenty?! One hundred?!

The interesting part about it is in 1-2 years I may need back and/or spine surgery. CIGNA, I'm sure, would much rather pay $8000 for breast reduction surgery than $169, 000 for spine surgery.

Cigna Internationallocked fsa account

Went to use my FSA account in 2018 and it was inactive. Cigna told me to contact my Human Resources Department. Contacted HR and they showed me where it was active. Called Cigna and they told me that I needed to contact HR. I told them HR emailed me the screenshot showing account was active. Then I was transferred to another department. They told me that a claim in 2017 needed more documentation and my account for 2018 was locked out until I provided information.

Cignabuggy

This website is one of the buggiest I have ever seen in my life.
                  First of all, I need to get some medications from them, only they have what I desperately need. But it's impossible to do because I simply can't sign in!
                  I have been trying since Monday and there's still nothing. So tired of this mess.
                  Customer service tried to fix this problem and they provided me with new passwords, but it could be used just once and I wonder why.
                  Please, hire professional programmers and stop it. I think I am not the only one having problems like this.

Cigna Insuranceshort term disability claim taking more than 5 months and still under review

my name is Manuel Torres I pay my short term disability insurance for 13 years and never use it, on may 19 2017, I have health issues and end up in the emergency room, due to my health issues I was disable by my doctor for 4 weeks and follow up with a specialist, Cigna ask for information from my doctor, and the documentation was send out to cigna, I call and call and always was under review or need more information, today is September 20 2017, and my case still under review.

Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company Ltd. — health insurance

I am 78 years old widow living on my widow pension. With my little money this year March I purchased health...

Cigna and or CWI benefits — Dental claims not being paid

I received services in June and July 2016. I started calling CWI Benefits who pays claims for Cigna. I...

Cigna — Long Term Disability Insurance

About 4 years ago I was diagnosed with degenerative disc desease and underwent a disc fusion. At the time I...

Cigna — Cigna Robocalls

Have started receiving these continual and very annoying ROBO calls from Cigna which is our carrier. The...

CignaShort term disability

I was denied short term disability the first time, plus two appeals.I gave all the info they requested.They still said the statement from my Dr was overruled by their NURSE, seriously ?I've tried since May 2015 until January 2016.I guess I should thank my employer SEARS for having Cigna .It's a shame the Goverment lets them get away with it. Check Cigna's ratings, guess you get 1 star for a reason...O wait they won't let you rate below 1 star.I wish everyone at Cigna all the worst in life!!!

www.cigna.com — They refused in medical equipment and haven't explained why

I was disappointed in the website www.cigna.com. I asked to provide medical equipment and some medicine, but...