Complaints & Reviews

Frigidaireproduct company won't stand behind

The Frigidaire web site has page after page of complaints. all of their appliances are crap! i will make it my mission to keep people from spending their hard earned money on a product that wont work or that the Frigidaire company won't stand behind !!!
i purchased a refrigerator and freezer in 2005 and have had problems with the ice maker in freezer and refrigerator has had numerous motor issues. ALL of the components of the motor parts of the refrigerator have been replaced twice and other times it was a part here and a part there. Frigidaire response is "can't help you, your out of warranty!! " or they will give a "discount" on part and I would pay labor that runs at least 350.00 to 400.00 !! REALLY!!!

Chris Polk Apr 20, 2013

Hello Cathy Pendergrass,

On behalf of Frigidaire, I welcome the opportunity to assist you in resolving your concern.

As both a representative and a consumer, I certainly appreciate and understand your frustration. It is expected that our products will meet and even exceed consumer expectations but the experience that you encountered is unacceptable and not typical of the quality products that are produced day in and day out. The manufacturer stands behind its products, services and valued consumers like you.

I would like to further assist you but in order to do so; will you please email me directly at Chris.[protected]@Electrolux.com with your unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number and date of purchase of the unit?

Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look forward to further resolving this matter.

Kindly,
      Chris Polk
      Online Outreach Representative
      Electrolux Major Appliances, North America

Frigidaire Commercial Freezerno service - broken freezer

We purchased a Commercial Freezer with an Extended Warranty from Lowes. The freezer has been replaced once due to a leaking seal(s) around the main door. Now, there seems to be ice forming inside the freezer (all down the back). Lowes has informed us that because we were not supposed to purchase an extended warranty on a commercial product, they are unwilling to fix/repair the freezer. They are only interested in purchasing the extended warranty from us, leaving us with a freezer that does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Th
        TheWayItIs Jan 05, 2013

If the freezer was replaced in year 1, the extended warranty had nothing to do with it. Unless it was a commercial policy, ALL retailer's plans EXCLUDE commercial use. In that case, they have an obligation to refund the money you paid for the plan as it was sold fraudulently, yes fraudulently. There is no exclusion in the register prompts for commercial use. That means that ALL businesses buying plans at POS have been sold them under a deceptive business practice. Most won't be used. This is actually class action material. Go the the Store Manager, then District Manager and demand a refund on the plan.

Electrolux Australia — product recall customer service

Thankyou to Electrolux Australia for reminding us how unimportant customers are. You issue a product recall...

Darwin Metro Area

Frigidairepoorly made, poor customer service

5 years ago we bought two Frigidaire fridges (large family). Apart from their poor crisper drawer set-up(one drawer now has to "sit" on the fridge bottom), poor quality plastic (shelf on the lower part of the door cracked within a year of purchase) and loudness, we started noticing "bubbling" on the lower part of the back panel inside the fridge (just around the crisper level) earlier this year. Sometimes liquid would ooze out of the bubbles and one to the fridges started leaking liquid which damaged the kitchen panel beside it. I contacted Electrolux(Canada) and took time to send pictures in order for their technicians to determine what (and why) this was happening and whether it was a manufacturing defect. We were told it usually took 3-4 days for the file to be reviewed. Over the next 5 months we proceeded to follow up with them wondering why it was taking so long. Meanwhile, our fridge continued to leak, the bubbling turned to rust and blackish liquid pooled and collected inside our fridge, under one of the crispers. Finally, this month when my husband, very annoyed, called them yet again for a response, we were told that we'd have to pay for a service call (we were given the coordiantes) and have them send a report to Electrolux so that Electrolux could decide whether it was a manufacturing defect. Regardless of the fact that the repairman said it was not right for an inside fridge panel to rust, Electrolux determined it WAS NOT a manufacturing defect and washed their hands of any responsibility or replacement of the panel. Wonderful isn't it? We had spent about $4, 000 5 years ago when we purchased two full fridges (the ones in question) and one freezer. And they won't cover $55 dollar panels, because we're off warranty. FRIGIDAIRE SUCKS, big time!! Their customer service is a joke - they knew I no longer had warranty on the units and still made me wait 5 months to tell me what they knew they'd tell me all along? Oh, and now I'm also $115 out, because I went ahead and paid a service call, on their request...WOW! Needless to say that I am extremely disappointed and disillusioned with Frigidaire and Electrolux and would NOT recommend them to anyone. Doesn't fix my fridges though. Another DISsatisfied customer...low lovely! by: regina.[protected]@gmail.com

Frigidaire — refrigerator

This is the third pos refrigerator from frigidaire and the last!! First lasted one year 3 months, failed...

Frigidaire Front Loading Washerwasher stops with water in it.

The washer stops in the middle of the load with water in it. So far Sears has:
        Replaced the control panel, replaced the door latch, replaced the pump.
        The power button was causing the temperature setting to change. Tech replaced the control board.
        After that, the washer stopped in mid-cycle with water in the drum. It happens after the first load.
        The tech then claimed the control panel had no lights and said she'd come back with a new control board, but when she got back the lights were working fine. She left without doing anything.
        The next time she came back, my drain was clogged so she said the washer was sucking water out of the sink. Had a plumber snake out the drain. Washer still fails.
        The next tech came in and gave me a long lecture on how to operate my washing machine.
        The tech who came in today said the filter was clogged and while she had the machine apart she replaced the pump. The washer still fails.

I have been in contact with a case manager named Shannon. He closed the case and won't return my calls.

I just don't think refusing to answer calls is the way to repair a washer.

The warranty runs out in October and I am concerned that it will run out before they fix the washer.

Electroluxbad product and customer care

Fourteen months into a $2, 000 Electrolux induction stovetop purchase "the thing" died. To add salt to the wound, we're 3 weeks into "the thing" dying and no fix in sight. Upon calling their service department I was responsible with making service arrangements through their local service provider. I gave Electrolux the error code so they knew the faulty part but still waited 1 week for them to tell me what I already told them, Now it's 1 week to order the part and 1 week to reschedule for the local service provider to install the part. The Electrolux Stovetop is crap and their customer service is worse then the product. Buyer beware of anything with the name Electrolux on it.

Chris Polk Jul 11, 2012

As both a representative and a consumer, I certainly appreciate and understand your frustration. While we expect that our products will meet and even exceed our consumer expectations, the experience that you encountered is unacceptable and not typical of the quality products that we produce day in and day out. Because we stand behind our products, services and valued consumers like you, we use interactions such as these as a way to enhance our quality and overall operations.

Would you be able to contact me directly at Chris.[protected]@Electrolux.com with your product's information and your contact information for further review?

Kindly,

Chris Polk
              Online Outreach Representative
              Electrolux Major Appliances, North America
              Electrolux Customer Service: [protected]

Electrolux — defective range

A couple of months after we bought the stove (and a fridge), we noticed the element temperatures were...

Pefferlaw

Frigidaire — damaged floor and poor quality products

I spent $8000.00 in this store within 6 months of moving back from overseas with the military, bought a...

Frigidairefrigidaire dishwasher only 4 months old & won't work

We remodeled our kitchen in Feburary 2011 and purchase all new Frigidaire appliances including a new dishwasher. Our contractor installed the new dishwasher at the end of February 2011. It stopped working June 30, 2011. We called a very reputable service company to come out to service it. During service call #1 they determined that the control board & cousole assemble were defective. Service call #2, the repair company had ordered the new parts and installed them - the dishwasher would now power up but present a error code of "EU". The service company call the Frigidaire tech support line and was informed that the "EU" error code meant that the vent was not powering up and needed to be replaced. Service call #3 - the replacement vent was installed and the error code continued. While the repair man was in my house, I called Frigidaire for help - after 25 minutes I did reach the Tech support again. The tech support told my service man to check and recheck the connections of the new vent part. My service man did do that and it still showed the error code. Frigidaire tech support than said that he felt that the service man "didn't know what he was doing" and then they felt another repair company should come out and evalute the dishwasher. Frigidaire gave me the name of the service company I should use and I called them. Service call #4 - Frigidaire's preferred service came out and looked at the machine and in his opinion the machine was "not fixable and needed to be replaced".

I then contacted Frigidaire support for the 4th time and I was told on Friday, July 29th that my claim was being denied but however, they would offer me an extended warranty on the machine for an additional 18 months! An extended warranty on the dishwasher that doesn't work!! Does that make any sense at all?? The CSR @ Frigidaire (Nicole) would not listen to my story and I asked for her supervisor (KIM) who then after 35 minutes on the phone said that they would re-review the case.

The service and treatment that I received from Frigidaire was beyond horrible!! If anyone is thinking about remodeling your kitchen or purchasing new appliances -- DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!! They do not uphold their guarantees and harass you along the way. Frigidaire has spent more money on service calls (4 of them) and replacing 3 different parts then it would have cost to replace the dishwasher and they would have a much happier consumer. All my time and effort that I've spent trying just to get a dishwasher to work is ridiculous!!
            BEWAREOF THIS COMPANY!!!

Frigidaire did just call me back and "after much consideration" stated that they will offer me a store credit from where we purchased the dishwasher. However, Frigidaire wasn't sure how the current dishwasher would be removed out of my newly remodeled kitchen, how would the new appliance be delivered & paid for, who would install the new dishwasher? I already paid once for all of these services to be done...now because of a poor quality product, I must do these again?

Think long and hard before dealing with Frigidaire! I will never again!

Electroluxterrible quality & support

I purchased all new Electrolux appliances for my kitchen exactly two years ago. Since that time I have had the double oven fixed once, the refrigerator fixed four times and then finally replaced and most recently the microwave has gone out.

Its only been two years (almost to the day) and I have spent countless hours working with Electrolux and repair people on the phone and at home (missing work on several occasions). I now have to pay a trip charge to have the microwave looked at and will have to pay labor to fix it.

In two years these very expensive appliances should not have had such awful quality problems. We considered Frigidaire or GE (which by the way our friends went with and have had no problems at all) but went with Electrolux due to the perceived quality and excellent warranty - which in both cases are absolutely false.

Its been nothing but disappointing and frustrating. Electrolux has not stood behind there appliances and they make it very difficult to get support. We have had the run around on every occasion and a lack of accountability or more importantly a lack of responsibility to the consumer to ensure the appliances are repaired and taken care of in as painless of a process as possible. On one occasion the repair person went so far as to tell me that Electrolux quality is not what it used to be and how they are getting more and more calls regarding these appliances so they too were a bit concerned that quality is no longer a priority at Electrolux.

Lessons learned and the same mistake will not be made ever again. If Elextrolux stepped up and took responsibility and accountability it would go a long way, however even the employees I have spoken too seem a bit disillusioned.

Electroluxcaught fire

My electrolux airconditioner caught fire
                Had I not been awake at the time I would not be here now
                They could not care less offered no help just excuses and refusals
                I thought they would be falling over themselves to help me how wrong I was
                Wrote to ceo australia and worldwide just refusal letters for australia nothign from stockholm ceo just referred back to aust ceo who refused to do nothing'
                They just dont care
                Unless you want to be treated in this most disgusting careless uncompassionate uncaring no goodwill for their customer just nothing
                Dont deal with electrolux I never ever will again

• El
                    Electrolux Australia May 15, 2012

Hi
                    Marina from Electrolux here.
                    We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with you. Can you please email me your contact details at [protected]@electrolux.com.au attention Marina.
                    I look forward to hearing from you soon.
                    Thanks
                    Marina

Frigidairenot cold/wont freeze

I would first like to say that the customer service in Peterborough was great. When I had my fridge deliver on Fri May 4/12, I was told not to plug it in right away. It was left for 2 hrs. I moved in on Sat may 5/12 and the food was put in the fridge on Sat morning and in the late afternoon when I went to get something out of the fridge it was warm and when I check the freezer everything had thawed. Im a single Mom trying to raise two teens on my own. When I had to throw everything out from the freezer and fridge, which was about $300, that is a lot for me to replace. The repair man was here on Mon afternoon and he said it seem to have a block some where in the system. He said it is a big job to fix and wont be back until Wed afternoon. That means I have been without a fridge for five days and food for my kids to eat. I hope you can do something to help
                  Thanks Wendy

Frigidairetwo year old freezer door has almost rusted off

I purchased a Frigidaire Frost Free Chest Freezer from Lowe's in Charleston, WV. After two years of service the frigidaire chest freezer started to leak into our kitchen floor. I called Lowe's and they said that they would replace the leaking freezer. Lowe's did bring to us another Frigidaire Frost Free Chest Freezer and after two years of service the complete top of the freezer has totally almost rusted through.

I called and a voice mail told me to send an email. I sent an email to Frigidaire and the Frigidaire company sympathized with my current problem of a completely rusted top door. However, they did not offer to take back the defective freezer or to do anything about the rusting freezer. My wife and I have had two new Frigidaire Frost Free Chest Freezers from Frigidaire in the last four years and Frigidaire has offered to do nothing.

I feel that Frigidaire is taking short cuts in the manufacturing of their products at the expense of their customers. I told Frigidaire that If they do not take care of my rusted freezer that I will not purchase another Frigidaire product nor will I encourage my family members, children, co-workers or anyone else to purchase any thing from Frigidaire which oviously has no quality control checks and is using inferior parts in producing their products. Frigidaire should be ashamed to sell defective products to the general public and then not to stand behind their products.

• Tn
                        tnorhill Jul 27, 2012

Just had a chest freezer installed approximately 6 weeks ago. Happened to lean on the freezer door ("lid") trying reach the cabinet door above it, and the darn thing caved in. Dented like tin foil!! Called customer service and asked if the freezer is guaranteed against damage like that, and was told it is not, since it is a cosmetic issue. The new replacement door would cost $174 plus slight shipping charge, which they would be happy to waive. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I bought the unit brand new for $210. It is beyond ridiculous! How can they even consider putting such cheap, obviously poor-quality, material into their products and not think it would not affect the integrity of their products??? They must not cared about customer satisfaction and product loyalty when they made this decision.

Efm3607sc Frost Free Freezer Electroluxservice and freezer

Hi
                      extremely dissapointed in the product. Went for Electrolux pigeon pair as thought I was buying a quality product. WRONG!!!
                      My freezer that is 7 months old has stopped working - power but woke up to deforsted items Tuesday Morning (Only filled it for school term on the weekend - and guess what none of this is covered!). Sure glad I purchased an additional 4 year warranty as looks like i am going to need it.

Contacted the local service agent only to be told no technician until next Monday 20 Feb - Haa, Haa. I am a single working mum with Kids. Requested a call when service centre open to get it fixed urgently. Advised I needed at least 30 min to get home from work (work in a hospital - cant leave at the drop of a hat). Left for an Industrial relations meeting at 11:00am precisely (no phones allowed). returned to find a message at 12:10. returned call only to be told tech had gone to house and that was it for the day. As I returned call in 10 min "Not fair!). Was rung back and told message left at 10:40 - not true as no message on my phone and I was still in my office with my mobile glued to me. When stated service was terrible and I needed freezer fixed was accused of lying as thier records indicated they had phoned! Dont know who - but it wasnt on my phone. Told to escalate issue and was advised some one would call me back in 4 hours approx. 16:30. No one had rung by 16:55 so I rand the 13 number - guess what the switch board had closed (5 min early and of course no one had rung me). I am in Chemical training for the next 2 days so will be unable to take any calls. guess my freezer wont be fixed next week either. i wonder if Today Tonight would like a story??

So my experience is Electolux Fridges are Lemons and their is no Service to repair them. my advice is dont buy them!!!

Frigidaire Glass Top Stovestove is spent

February 3, 2012

We purchased a frigidaire glass top stove at bad boy in barrie nov. 2007. Model #pfef374es3, serial #nf73720364. We use the oven part very little (Maybe 30hrs on it since new). Last year the outlet on top blew. It blackened the enamel on top, so I purchased a new outlet. (Not yet installed).

We have never used a glass top before so we though that the front left element coming on and off was supposed to happen. It would cycle like this most of the time so you could never boil a pot of water and at other times it would go to max and burnt and warped our expensive pot set. So I purchased a new control for the burner. (Not yet installed)

Now, my oven will not work most of the time. You have to be patient with it and keep pushing the oven switch for it to finally come on. When it does, the timer still will not work so you have to use an external timer and when you are finished with the oven, most of the time it will not shut off. You have to turn off the main breaker at the panel. This is a fire and safety hazard. They tell me it is a controller that has gone and it will cost over $300 for the part and a service call of $???.?? Who knows?

I have contacted badboy and frigidaire and they both told me that there is nothing they can do. I think that frigidaire should fix or replace my stove free of charge. This type of service would never have happened 20 years ago. Where has customer care gone?

Electrolux Icon — bad quality

We paid a lot of money for our Electrolux oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and other items. When I put the oven...

Placitas

Electroluxbad service and products

Hello Chris,
                          I am not happy with the service or answers your Electrolux agents provided me today.
                          We saved and saved then purchased our dream house. I wanted everything to be perfect when re-doing the kitchen. Was told by the sales agent that Electrolux was top of the line. So, in 2006 my husband and I purchased four of your "Icon" products. We purchased the double convection wall oven, convection microwave, dishwasher and the side by side refrigerator. And, it was not cheap. Within the first week my oven exploded and glass shattered all over my kitchen. That oven was replaced.
                          Last month I decided to clean my "Icon" oven. First time. After the cleaning was complete, the oven stopped working.
                          In addition to the broken "Icon" oven, the "Icon" refrigerator's front door water press broke. So we are not able to get any water from the unit. The plastic lever had to be faulty since I noticed the design has been changed. Therefore, your company must have been aware of this problem.
                          We spent almost $8, 000.00 buying Electrolux and your company says that these appliances should not last more than 6 years? We need extended warranties because Electrolux is not confident in their products? You may not think $8, 000.00 is a lot of money but I do. My husband works for the US Airforce and we have made many sacrifices moving, serving and living on a lesser salary than the private sector offers. And now the company you represent wants to nickle and dime us to fix something that was not our fault. Really. Do the correct thing. Please fix our "Icon" products.
                          I m waiting for your prompt reply,

Frances Zeller
                          In New Mexico with faulty Icon items.
                          AND STILL NO HELP

Frigidaire — service contract

Purchase multiple Frigidaire appliances in November 2011. Kitchen was being remodeled so I did not have them...

Frigidaire Pro Crock Potreceived a repaired item

On jan.01, 2012, I ordered a - fpcpo7d7ms, frigidaire professional crock pot from
                            Best buy – on line – order # bbyo1-[protected]. I received the order a week or so
                            Later.

While looking for the model number and serial on the bottom of the crock pot, to
                            Send in the registration card, I found that the bottom of the black plastic had a 1” to
                            1 ½” crack in it.

Even worse, someone had “glued and or used epoxy” in an attempt to repair this
                            “new” crock pot!

I certainly do not believe that best buy had a hand in this under handed deed.

I believe it occurred on your end.

I did return it to my local best buy store and they reordered the pot.

You can believe that I will inspect the next pot from best buy.

If my wife didn’t want this pot so much, I would have simply returned
                            It.

I can tell you that this type of under handed retailing is not what I would
                            Expect, particularly on a $85.00 crock pot, from a leading company, like
                            Frigidaire.

Did frigidaire think or hope I wouldn’t notice? Very deceptive.
                            Someone at your end knew this was repaired, hence the glue but
                            They decided to try to get away with it anyway.

How would I expect your quality control to be on your higher end appliances?

Probably no better than this.

So far they have simply given me their small appliance dept. Phone number!!