Having problems with Flagstar Bank?

Flagstar Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 248 6423 (Personal & Business Banking)
+1 800 968 7700 (Loan Support)
+1 248 312 6500 (Loan Support)
+1 800 393 4887 (Home Loan Financial Hardship Questions)
+1 844 799 2993 (Home Lending)
+1 248 312 4880 (Treasury Management)
+1 888 254 5417 (Government / Public Funds Banking)
+1 866 945 9872 (Wholesale Lending)
5151 Corporate Drive
Troy, Michigan
United States - 48098-2639
Locations

Overdraft Lines Of Credit, Deposits And / Or Bounce Protection Payments
301 West Michigan Avenue, 4-501, Jackson, MI 49201

Construction, Personal Loans, Home Equity Lines Of Credit, And Mortgage Payments
P.O. Box 660263, Dallas, TX 75266-0263

Commercial Loan Payments
5151 Corporate Drive, E-203-1, Troy, MI 48098

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Flagstar Bank Customer Service. Initial Flagstar Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Flagstar Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Flagstar Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Flagstar Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Flagstar Bank — loan modification

My husbank suffered a heartattack the end of Jan. 2011 he was unable to work due to complications to bypa...

Flagstar — refused short sale offer even though was the fair market value & instead bought our house in bergen county, nj for $100.00

After almost 2 yrs. trying to do a short sale with Flagstar because our mortgage was under water (fair market...

Flagstar Bankloss mitigation/ foreclosure

I feel that I have been fraudulently denied the ability to short sale my home or receive any assistance through their Loss Mitigation program.

In March of 2011, based on a host of medical issues and the very strong advice of my Doctor, I left my job. I was not able to draw unemployment so I had no income. At that time I contacted the Loss Mitigation department of Flagstar to pursue a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. Between March of 2011 and July of 2011 I had a total of 26 conversations with the Loss Mitigation department. The process requires providing a list of documentation. During this time period I faxed a total of 215 documents (the original number of required documents was 56). The reason this number is so high is because they repeatedly told me that they had either not received the documents, or that some portion of the documents were not legible. I was actually told that if a single word is not legible they will “throw out the document”. During this time they “closed” my file twice because they stated I had not “provided the required paperwork in a timely fashion”. If they continuously “lose” or “throw out” paperwork then it becomes impossible to provide it in a timely manner-even if I am faxing it to them repeatedly. Also-each time I contacted them I was placed on hold an average of 45 minutes…the longest being 69 minutes. In July I finally gave up out of frustration and decided to continue to try and sell the home (it has been on the market since Oct. 2009-the last year as a short sale).

In February of 2012 I received (my first) offer on the home. It would have to be a short sale, but wanted to pursue this option with Flagstar. I began the process with them again and gathered the required documents and faxed them in early February. It is now May 8th and it was only as of last week that they finally stated I had provided what they needed to move forward to make a determination if I was eligible for a short sale. My Realtor, has also had this same experience with them (placing him on hold for very long periods of time, claiming he has not faxed them required paperwork, etc).By the way-the house is due to go up for auction on May 11th. I can’t help but feel they are purposely delaying so they can move forward with the auction. In the last 12 weeks I faxed paperwork almost daily with the same responses….we have lost some of the paperwork, some of it was not legible, some of it they claimed they simply did not receive (I have copies of fax confirmations). Again, each phone call involved being placed on hold for 30-45 minutes. I had also provided my new mailing address and phone number a total of 5 times (they continued to send correspondence to my old address). Today I was finally told that the Loss Mitigation department cannot change my mailing address, only customer service can do that. I asked the person I was speaking with today why they did not tell me that weeks ago and she responded that they “had recently changed their system and perhaps the people I spoke with were not aware they could not make those changes”.

Likewise, when I called today to check the status of where things were, I was told that they had been “trying to contact me with no luck” to do a financial interview. This is because they had been trying to reach me on my old number ( again-I had provided my new number a total of 5 times). During the Financial Interview, when reviewing my yearly gross income, she stated, that according to their calculations, I made $28, 350 per year. I told her this was incorrect. I make $24, 960 per year. I had provided them with my offer letter from my employer that clearly states my hourly wage and hours per week that I work. She stated they use my paystubs to figure my yearly income. Up to this point I had provided 4 paystubs. Each varies due to the cut off dates of the pay periods (some will have 80 hours, some will have 88). The particular paystub they chose to use had 96 hours on it due to the fact that I had 8 extra hours on it because I had neglected to record a day on the previous pay cycle. My point is: out of 4 paystubs I provided they chose to use the one with the highest amount to figure my income. I clearly make $24, 960 per year. This is indisputable. Yet they are insisting I make $28, 340 per year. When I tried to explain my concern….basing a financial decision based on an incorrect income amount…she became very hostile. Told me that it was not “uncommon for people to be wrong about the amount of money they make per year” and that there was nothing she could do about it and was not going to discuss it with me any further.

Update as of this morning 5/9: I called them 5 times and was either disconnected or sent to the wrong department (and then disconnected again). I finally was able to speak with someone and was told I did not qualify for a short sale because I was no longer living in the home and that they would not delay the auction to discuss this further. She was rude and basically hung up on me when I tried to ask questions. In the (over year)I have been talking with the loss mitigation department not once did they EVER say anything to me about not qualifying to short sell due to not living in the house. They have been aware I have not lived there since last May (one, because I had another address and two, because I have told them repeatedly I do not live there, and they have even asked me several times).

I feel that Flagstar has adopted a policy of doing everything in their power to dissuade people from pursuing other options than foreclosure (they stop due to frustration or confusion). I feel they intentionally do things that impede the ability to move forward with the process, i.e. losing paperwork, throwing it out, claiming they never received it, closing the file and making you start over from scratch because they did not receive the paperwork in a timely way. Oh, and placing you on hold for extended periods of time (I cannot tell you how many minutes they have eaten up of my cell minutes). Their decision to erroneously and blatantly use an incorrect yearly gross income amount is nothing short of criminal and fraudulent. And again, denying me based on the fact I do not live in the home was never once discussed with me in the last year, in spite of the fact they clearly knew I was not living in the home.

Again, I feel that since the beginning Flagstar’s prime directive has been to foreclose on the home and I feel they have fraudulently denied me the opportunity to short sale the home.

• Cr
      cris4 Aug 05, 2013

Thank you Grabma 2 for your comments, here we are nearly a year later and today the property goes into in the sheriff's sale. We have gone through 3 offers all denied by Flagstar, The the same song and dance-Our file had been closed at least 5 times, after numerous financial interviews, and re-submitting documents, our realtor working hard to prove we were getting the best offer considering the value of the home, in the last 30 days they wouldn't even return phone calls or e-mails. I was able to get HUD involved who basically said it's up to Flagstar. It took nearly 3 weeks for a rep from HUD to even call me back. It's been a nightmare. I think I will file a complaint with CFPB, even is it's after the fact. We left the home months ago so I can't imagine why they still wouldn't approve a short sale or even a deed in leu. It's shady business practices. I don't understand. We still are hoping a deficiency judgement is not granted ( as PA is a recourse state) and we can somehow recover financially from this. In all the message boards I see the same comments regarding Flagstar, it's startling to read and nothing can be done...

• Dt
      Dtryke Mar 17, 2013

Same experience with Flagstar...

• Gr
      Grabma 2 Sep 22, 2012

You are right - Flagstar would rather foreclose then do a short sale. Ii is ironic that after Flagstar denied our short sale offer of $309, 000 cash, as is, they have now put the house as a REO sale for $300, 000. Funny how they could have taken the cash offer of $309, 000 that they deemed as the current market value 4 months ago & now they are asking for less (& that is after they had to empty out the house, etc.). It can only mean that the banks are being bailed out from the government & then reselling to make a profit. Not very fair to the consumer. Meanwhile, my advise would be for you to contact the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau). They might be able to help you if you contact them ASAP. I did not find out about the organization in time for me but I did file a formal complaint with them. You can go on their web site & follow the instructions. Good luck - I hope they can help you. Let me know.

• Cr
      Cristalbot Sep 22, 2012

We are in the same situation with flagstar, they determined we do not qualify for a loan modification which was not our intent. Our Goal was to short sale. We were just denied last week and was told we would have to reopen he file. As of now we have a contract on the house, I doubt they even reviewed it. I feel they would rather the house foreclose then consider a short sell. I don't know what to do at his point. We live n PA and I'm in fear of a deficient judgement if the house is foreclosed upon. Any advice additional would be so helpful. We are scared at this point.

• Gr
      Grabma 2 Jul 13, 2012

I had the same experience with Flagstar. They continuously lost paperwork & I was put on hold for over an hour always. For 20 months we tried to do a short sale & in the end they bought my house in Bergen County, NJ for $100.00 at the foreclosure auction instead of accepting the $309, 000 cash offer that they determined was the fair market value. Despite having a lawyer & jumping thru hoops Flagstar foreclosed on me. I believe their intention was to foreclose all along & never intended to do a short sale. They also said Fannie Mae (which was our loan) were the ones who would not accept the cash offer in the end.

• Do
      Don't use Flagstar Bank May 23, 2012

I too have gone thru hell with Flagstar Bank. They should not be in business. Contact Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac with your complaint. They did get invovled with my case and call Flagstar. Still took 1 year to modify my loan and still problems with my escrow account and Flagstar not updating my credit correctly. Fannie Mae will investigate and try to help. [protected] . Flagstar denied me when I did actually qualify. Good Luck

Flagstar Bank Michiganloan service

My VA home loan was sold to Flagstar bank in Michigan or PA, I'm not sure which. And was called a 'dumb***" by one lady and basically told they couldn't help me by the others. Horrible customer service and I hope there's a way to get my loan to a bank that actually has good customer service... that would be awesome. Maybe a complaint to the VA department would help.

Flagstar Bank / mortgagerude and misread client's info all the timel

Flagstar increased my escrow monthly payment without notifying me last month. They called me late last month saying they put my last month's payment on hold because its short on escrow amount. I paid the escrow difference over the phone with additional $15 processing fee. They promised to apply both payments to my account and asked me to called back in 24-48 hours to waive the late fee. So I called back in 2 days, spoke with a lady named 'Carmen'. She confirmed that late fee was never charged and everything was fine. After 2 weeks, I received another call from Flagstar saying I didn't make this month's payment. I called back and spoke with a lady named 'Dee'. I tried to explain the situation to her and ask what's going on. But she is SUPER RUDE and would not allow me to talk at all. After 20 minutes struglle with her, I finally realized that Flagstar took part of my last month's payment and used it to pay for a $89 late fee. Therefore, my last month's payment was $89 short. When I called 2 weeks ago and spoke with Carmen, she misread my account information. When I complained to 'Dee' on they could misread account information being a bank professional, Dee said:'IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!' That is really scary to know that FLAGSTAR EMPLOYEES MISREAD CLIENTS' INFORMATION ALL THE TIME. When I expressed my concern over her comment, she again would not allow me to talk at all. CanNOT imagine how POOR and UNPROFESSIONAL their service is and how RUDE their employees are!!! Would NEVER want to deal with them again!!!

Flagstar Bankmortgage payment process

I have a home mortgage got sold to Flagstar Bank. When I sent in extra money by check for "Principal Payment" only, they always use that principal payment money to pay for my regular monthly mortgage payment. (Even though I marked my check clearly with "Principal ONLY"; and I have automatic monthly payments set up online). Every time, I have to call them to fix the problem. and they cannot tell me why they always do the same thing to my mailed in checks which marked clearly "Principal Payment Only" .
        If I failed to double check and call in on their mistakes(deliberately made mistakes), they would rip me off by charging more interest on my home loan. This bank is disrespectful and never follow customer's clear request/instruction. I am very disappointed by this bank's behavior.
        I have to waste so much time on calling them all the time, because it takes long time (30min) to reach a real person to talk to. No wonder people are not fond of banks in America.

• Fl
            Flagstar Sucks DD Nov 30, 2012

I agree this bank is the worst piece of garbage I have had the displeasure to deal with. Their incompetence has to be on purpose as the amount of times they make errors can't be by chance. This bank's employees know that their employer is a POS and you can tell when you speak to anyone that works there. Hopefully this faux bank will go bankrupt. I would have a [censored]star bankruptcy party is that happened.

Stop Flagstar Bank Jun 19, 2012

I have the exact same problem, calling over & over again being told that everything is fixed & 2 days latter I call again for the same problem, this bank is a complete joke, they will not let me pay my loan off even, they sent the check back saying they wanted a certified check, but for 2 weeks they couldn’t even find a record of the check until I said I want an investigation into what happened to it, I’m sure they are doing this to get more interests from me, I have just recently filed a complaint with the BBB & the Ombudsman for the banking & Financial industry, next I will get a lawyer, I will not let these people ruin my credit, you need to do the same, these types of businesses need to be stopped, they only way to make this happen is to file complaints every time you have one.

• Hu
            HugoWest Jun 08, 2012

Dear Wondries:
            I'm having the opposite problem you are having with Flagstar. I am using their online link "Pay Now", which I was told is for regular mortgage pmnts. They have a separate link for "Principal Only" pmnts. Anyway, each time I initiate a "Pay Now" pmnt, they post it as principal only. My previous loan servicer was Green Tree and I left them because I heard horrendous things about them. Well, they were nothing compared to Flagstar Bank. Not only did I email Flagstar tonight stating my dissatisfaction and expectations that they get their "stuff" together, but, I will be filing formal complaints with several other agencies if this problem continues. We should not have to deal with incompetent people who don't know how to post a payment correctly, especially when using Flagstar's online link for payments.

• Ka
            Kat2 Apr 05, 2012

I had the same problem and was told it was due to their computer "upgrade". I also had to keep calling but my wait was 60 minutes each time and they always had to transfer me to a cashier to correct the problem. Was furious when they disconnected me instead of connecting me to their cashier as it meant waiting 60 minutes again. After the third month of calling, I started faxing a note telling time how to apply my payment each time I made one. This seemed to work. I tried calling their corp office to complain, but never heard back from them. I've never received an apology for their mistakes or in response to the complaint letter I've sent. Another Unhappy Customer.

Flagstar Bankunreasonable charges

I would like to complain about the lack of communication regarding transfers of my own money between my own accounts(checking and saving in the same bank). I don't see why I should be penalized for moving my own money between my accounts at will. It seems another gimmick for them to steal my hard earned money, and pay pennies for interest. I was an over the road truck driver, gone for weeks at a tie, and unable to even check my mail. I have lost plenty of money to this bank because they steal $10 per transaction for this, and I was not told about this fee at all, the only way I found out eventually was through a stack of fee notices I got in my mail box when I finally was able to get my mail after weeks on the 9 weeks on the road.

• Uk
              uknowimright Jan 25, 2012

Bunch of crooks. They applied $1, 500 in "overdraft protection aka a line of credit" to my checking account back in 2003/2004 and when I lost my job the sued me for it, and keep suing - even though I NEVER CONSENTED TO IT.

Flagstar — loan modification

I requested a loan modification due to a divorce and my income being reduced by 60%. I couldn't...

Flagstar Bankbank refuses to sign a certified on time payment

This institution is the worst I have ever experienced. I got sold to them in 2002 and my problems began in 2003. However, I'm fast forwarding to Dec 2011.

In November of 2011 I received my escrow statement and it showed that it was short $495.90 and it gave me the option to either send in the entire amount (and my payments would remain lower) or to do nothing and began a new increase schedule beginning Jan 2012.

On Dec 6th, I sent a Western Union MO for t he $495.90, along with the enclosed return voucher to their PO Box. USPS states that because it is a PO Box they, by law and their USPS agreement, must sign or send back the mail. The money order arrives Dec 8th in Troy Michigan and just sits there, day after day. I check on Dec 16th with the USPS because I know that Flagstar has no ethical code of operation and are totally incompetent. I am notified that the pickup mail person from Flagstar refuses to sign, even though he is picking up tons of mail everyday from that PO Box. USPS states that if they do not pick up in 15 days it will be returned. It is past 15 days and it has not returned. It seems that they MAY have picked up and NO ONE at Flagstar can give me an answer as to where that money order is. Now, here is the strange part. I paid to for signature and return green card receipt. No one knows any thing at all. Not customer service, not the escrow dept. They are now telling me to re-send a new money order meanwhile I have to pay the increased amount, which I opted not to do, because if I send in the old amount I will be assessed a $500 late fee.

My frustration level is exhausted. All I can say is, my goal the early part of this year, is to get out. Management and upper management must be the dogs from hell to work for!

• Uk
                uknowimright Jan 25, 2012

I used to have Flagstar Bank up here in Michigan, they were good to me, until I found out that my account had been overdrawn $1, 000. Now, I had a job that I earned in excess of $5, 000 per month and never had less than that in my account at any given time. Well, I later lost my job when Michigan's economy tanked out, and lo and behold, I am getting sued by Flagstar Bank our of Oakland County (never lived there) because supposedly I overdrafted my account by $1, 500. Well, turns out, after going to court to dispute the charges, I learned that Flagstar Bank, being generous and all, had applied $1, 500 in overdraft protection to my account around 2003 or 2004, because I was a "good customer and had excellent credit." Well, after going to court several times in subsequent years, and taking a MAJOR hit to my otherwise perfect credit, Flagstar has all but ruined my life. Now, I have a job making significantly less, but I have cleared up all of my post-job-loss debt, but because the crap from Flagstar keeps getting taken up by collection agencies and cases started up in court against me for the judgment, I still cannot get a loan, and because EVERYONE is checking credit ratings before hiring people, it was hard enough just to find work.

These folks are a bunch of CROOKS! As far as I knew, and my attorney argued, without my written consent on getting this "overdraft protection" this whole mess is essentially illegal. However, according to the paperwork that Flagstar makes you sign off on when opening a checking account, they basically give themselves the legal "blank check" with your signature. Blows, for sure. I'd never deal with them again.

Flagstar Bank — overcharging

I just got off phone with Flagstar. I had called to inform them that my escrow analysis was incorrect as it...

Flagstar Mortgagebig mistake

Receiving a mortgage from Flagstar feels like I made a deal with the devil!! It is one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. They are unwilling to work with you, place you on hold forever their customer service is the worst!!! Their loan officer misled me in many ways. They demanded that I use their appraiser in order to get the loan. Flagstar’s appraiser charged me $400 even though already had an appraiser that would charge me $300. The appraiser from Flagstar overvalued my home comparing my 2 bedroom townhome to 4 bedroom townhomes. Due to this inflated value submitted by the Flagstar appraiser my property is underwater by $40, 000 in one year!!!

• Ki
                  Kim2011911 Dec 19, 2011

Flagstar owes me money and gives me the run around. "check in the mail"
                  Then when it doesn't arrive I have to wait for 2 weeks for it ...
                  Still doesn't arrive now I have to wait a week for check to be cancelled another week for it to be reissued!!! 2 months later they still haven't refunded me!!

Flagstar Bankloss mitigation/loan odification

A year and a half ago, I applied for a loan modification from Flagstar Bank. (Two years prior, I had refinanced with them receiving favorable service, only to find out later that the bank officer who asited in this process was let go.) To continue, I was told that I had to be 3 months behind in payments, I was only two at the time, so "made" myself three so that I could qualify for the modification; had been sent paperwork and promptly completed it and faxed it in. I was also working full time at that point; teacher for 23 years. In June of 2010, I lost my teaching job due to budget cuts. Called Flagstar to apprise them of my new financial situation, I had to re-submit paperwork with new information, hardship letter, financial statement, etc. Faxed it in. Then I was really in a crisis, no money and without "making" myself behind, I was. Called them, sent in new package of paperwork; advised that I had to get a full time job, but they would see which, if any, program I could be fit into. Then I got a part time job, and several months another part time job. In he meantime, I had garage sales, selling all my teaching materials, furniture, supplies. I pawned jewelry, etc. to live. At one point I wanted to make two mortgage payments attempting to pay something and get the total months behind, now 7, and was told they would only accept 5 out 0f 7 payments. Couldn't do it. Long story short, I got foreclosure papers, notification from Flagstar's legal rep. law firm. I called one of those fly-by-night companies that were always contacting me by mail and email (word travels fast) and hired them for $1500.00 which was just under my regular mortgage payment amount so that they could help me 1) understand in layman's terms what was happening to me and my home; 2) be able to communicate to Flagstar and then to me; 3) assist in completing out any forms needed. To make matters worse, there were three changes in people dealing with my account and then the company sent me in the mail an announcement of their closing. It indeed did close, no longer able to phone, infact, no ability to contact them at all to find out where I was in this whole process. I did receive a card that they are under litigation, and that I am included in the group suit (?). At this point this is the least of my worries except of course for my $1500.00. Next to happen August of 2010 I was give a forbearance plan of paying my regular mortgage payment, Western Union Quick Collect on the first of each month. I notarized as directed and began the plan as instructed. The legal firm sent me a notice stating that the foreclosure was being rescinded. I called Flagstar to verify and they agreed. (I have followed their directions every time I was presented with a new set and re-sent in all forms, etc each time I was asked (total 6 times) although I'm not certain why so many times. January 2011 I was given a new forbearance plan, $798.00. I was thrilled, even though they told me on the phone that this was good for 5 months and then I would receive new paperwork with a new payment of $1, 598.35...$35.01 more than my regular (original) payment. I never received any paperwork advising me of the change; I called and informed them of this, thinking all the while that they should already be aware of their own processes and asked what to do. Was told to just continue to make the $798.00 amount and that I didn't have to send by Western Union and in fact that was only for the very first payment (January's) but could have been paid by check, etc. Not long after, I was called and told that I was finally under review for the modification. I asked then if this was god news. Was told that she couldn't tell me anything about the outcome, but that I was under review after such a long wait, and she felt this was a positive move forward.I have continued to do so. At the end of June, one of my parttime jobs ended due to gov't grand funding ending for the project for that school year; hopefully to be refunded and me picked up again in September. Through all this time, I had continued to apply for another teaching job. If you are aware of the TX Education crisis, ou know that it has been chaos; teachers layed off left and right. Because I was teaching for a Catholic private school, no unemployment. Had to go on food stamps, continued the second parttime job at $7.35 per hour. Just last week I got a teaching job for this academic year. I called Flagstar just a week ago last Wednesday to inform them. They told me to send or fax in my contract when ready as notification but no real use in terms of the modification. I get my first pay check on the last day of the month, September, since I started on the 24th of August and his last week will be added to that check. The woman said to send that in a copy of the stub when I get it. This will go to the modification analyst. Tis Thursday, the 25th at 8:30 a.a., I received a phone call on the way to work from Dasheeta (would not give her last name, nor transfer me to anyone else saying that she was assigned the call and she was the only Dasheeta n the Loss Mitigation Dept). She told me I was being foreclosed upon. I was shocked, she said that I could pay $181, 000 and this wojuld end, or I should short sale my huse. I told her about my job, that I had called, that I had to send in yet another app. package in June, what was going on. She said "What's going on is you're more than 30% something, something, something...which I didn't catch all of because I was crying so hard. Said to her that I had literally worked my _ _ _ off for the last year and a half to comply with all of their requirements..She interrupted me to say that "there is no reason for profanity, and please, lower your voice." I asked her to give me an approximate time line of this process so I could figure out what kind of time I had to sek help. She said she couldn't since she is "in Michigan, and not Texas and I don't know the TX Foreclosure laws. " I told her to transfer me to someone else who could tell me, she said no, and said the conversation was over and I would be geting papers in the mail sometime. (Sometime? and this concerns my home!!! that I have worked hard to keep in many adverse circumstances!) I called HUD, they told me to call FHA since Flagstar is an FHA lender. I gave ROSS the information he asked he gave me my "ticket number" told me he this would begin an investigation and that I should call them this Wednesday, the 31st. What do they do, what can they do, how closely are they aligned with FHA lenders, do they work for the homeowner in jeopardy of losing their home, what are my chances...I am a month away of improving my financial situation...where do I go and what do I do? Who cares?

Flagstar Bank2nd mortgage

I tried to submit a payment to Flagstar Bank for the balance of my 2nd mortgage through my credit union's bill pay. Flagstar rejected it saying the amount was too great and had to be submitted through certified funds or a wire transfer. I then tried to submit a wire transfer through my credit union for the payoff amount that Flagstar sent me plus extra interest. The wire transfer was rejected. My credit union resubmitted the wire transfer and it was rejected again with no explanation. My credit union called Flagstar and was told they needed to include the mortgage company name on the wire transfer. DUH!!! Flagstar Bank IS THE MORTGAGE company. As of today, I am still waiting for an explanation of why they keep rejecting my wire transfer. THIS BANK IS NOT TOO BIG TO FAIL AND SHOULD FAIL!!!

Flagstar Bankadditional insurance

Flagstar claims that my homeowners insurance is insufficient to cover the cost of rebuilding if there's a total loss or the amount of my mortgage. My homeowners insurance guarantees replacement at 150% of the homes value which is much higher than my mortgage balance. I have called multiple times and cannot get a straight answer from them. They claim to have their own algorithm to determine how much coverage I would need. I think it's just a flat lie and an excuse to force an additional $700 charge against my account.

Mary Ann Gholamipour Oct 26, 2012

I am having the same exact insurance problem. I called my insurance because I got the increase insurance or we will find insurance coverage for you. My insurance company AAA said Flagstar can not do that and it is fraud. I am afraid they are going to charge me additional for insurance I do not need. What in the heck should I do?

Steve.A.M Apr 01, 2011

The bank isn't going to lose anything. The house would be rebuilt and the existing mortgage would continue. The only thing the bank is doing is raking a huge profit on a ridiculously expensive and unnecessary additional insurance policy.

Steve.A.M Mar 31, 2011

No. My coverage is up to 260, 000. My mortgage balance is $240, 000. My insurance company says it's more than enough to rebuild my house if there's a complete loss. I personally know several people that lost their homes during the San Diego fires. I know how much it cost for their homes to be rebuilt. I know without a doubt that $260, 000 is more than I would need to completely rebuild my home.

Steve.A.M Mar 31, 2011

The loan agreement says coverage must be high enough to pay for rebuilding the home if it's a total loss. I confirmed coverage was more than sufficient with my insurance company.

Flagstar Bankworst short sale department

Our company specialized in short sales her in the DFW area, that is all we do. After closing over 100 last year with a variety of banks I want to let every borrower know Flagstar Bank is by far the worst we have dealt with. After submitting the short sale in July 2010 and month updating with bank, pay and financial information I was just informed their financial worksheet has changed and they will not be postponing the foreclosure set for one week from today since the wrong form has been returned for the month! This bank only deals with short sales once there is a schedules foreclosure sale date SO that give you only three weeks to get everything approved to move forward. Compared to other banks, even BOA, who deal with short sale offers as they come in and do put forth an effort to avoid foreclosure in most cases. Run as fast as you can from this lender!

Flagstar Bankplaced insurance on our property when we already have coverage

We refinanced our condo with Flagstar 1/2010. In December 2010, after submitting insurance documentation many times, they force-placed flood insurance on our condo and added the premium to our monthly mortgage payment. If i do not pay the "additional premium" part of the payment, they send me to a collection agency, then send us information on foreclosure.

There are 76 condos in our building and every other mortgage company has accepted the HOA flood insurance coverage. Flagstar is the only bank that has not accepted the coverage. They are a total ripoff!!! They will not tell me what i need in writing, but insist that i call a toll free number. I get a different "receptionist" every time who has no idea what Flagstar is requesting. The president of our property management company and the insurance agent for the HOA flood policy have no idea why Flagstar will not accept our coverage either. I have also spoken with our regular bank staff and USAA insurance--no one understands why Flagstar will not accept our coverage.

• Mi
                            Mistreated Hawaii May 06, 2014

I agree with you. I live in a condo in Hawaii and my HOA covers my unit for hurricane and they still want me to pick my own policy for hurricane. I pay $417 for HOA and I pay another $400 a year for hurricane insurance. I would like to join the class action suit as well.

• Mb
                            MBLASS Jul 06, 2011

I have filed a class action lawsuit against Flagstar, and I'm looking for others to join me as a class representative. See my webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/blassvsflagstar/

Flagstar Bankpoor customer service

My husband and I have been trying to get a mortgage modification since 2009. We call them and all they do is string you along. Month after month you send in the requested documents and they don't call you to acknowledge they have the documents. When you call them they say we will assign you an adjustor, but you never hear from an adjustor. Then the next thing is you call and they tell you that your property is in forclosure status. But they won't give you a foreclose sale date. The staff there are very rude and will not try to work with you. Like someone else stated, they know the economy is bad and most banks with some intelligence would want to work with their customers so that they can still get paid versus getting nothing. Flagstar should be shut completely down because anyone that provides the type of service they provide, which is a horror, can't be legally operating. Some one needs to go in their to do an audit of their records. It shouldn't take no customer over a year to settle with a mortgage modification. Please somone with authority, go to Flagstar, investigate these complaints. Flagstar Bank needs to be shaken up and put completely out of business. It should be legal how they operate.

• Dt
                              Dtryke Mar 17, 2013

Similar service, never enough information. String you along. Finally gave up too. Will never do business with them again!

Flagstar Bankf*k them

I applied for a loan modification in September 2009 when my job was cutting back hours and I thought that would be a good temporary lifeline which I thought was available and I also thought the company would be willing to fix a minor problem. I was just told to send in the same paperwork every month without a response and when I would call they just would tell me it was getting sent to a modification specialist and to just keep sending in pay stubs and bank statements. Finally got an answer when I called on October 14th 2010, they told, me my modification was denied and house was being sold at auction on October 15th which if you didn't notice was the next day. Later was served paperwork that they had filed an unlawful detainer lawsuit against me for living in a house that I wasn't paying for which I had tried to give them money but they refused to take it. I was 3 payments behind and had 2 payments that I could pay and they said because I had filed for a modification I wasn't able to pay at this time. I think this bank is a joke and I recommend never doing business with. They set you up for failure telling you to be delinquent before they can help you and then refuse to take your payments until they come to the decision of denial for a program that the guidelines to qualify are your exact situation and now you are so far behind there is no way to catch up and they take your house. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

• At
                                Atrack Feb 11, 2011

We are slaves to the banks and the oil companies. We needs to organize a huge protest against the crooked banks and the oil companies.

Flagstar Bankloan application runaround

After seven months of application review, Flagstar denied refinance based on an inaccurate determination on residency. Despite more than 35 years of stellar credit, proven ability to repay credit - and a cost of $700 for appraisal and subordination fees (which have yet to be repaid) - and the fact that residency was not an issue, the loan application was not approved. One must wonder how federal stimulus funds are being used. If credit worthy consumers are denied loans based on unjustifiable reasons, then who is receiving the funds? Flagstar loan determination practices are at best questionable, and should be reviewed by appropriate authorities.

Flagstar Banknightmare

After the sudden death of my co-borrower and love of my life to brain cancer, I contacted Flagstar Bank to see if I could get a loan modifacation to lower my payments so I could manage them myself. They have drug this process on for nearly 2 years. Asking me over and over for the same information. Which I continue to provide to the best of my ability. I do not want to loose my home. It is also where I make my living. But I can't seem to be able to provide the Bank with what they need to help me. I am terrified! And need help.

• Dd
                                    DDuke Feb 04, 2011

They are a bunch of ignorant goons!!! They don't even know what they are asking for!! you should file a Better Business Bureau complant ASAP!!!