Having problems with Flagstar Bank?

+1 888 248 6423 (Personal & Business Banking)
+1 800 968 7700 (Loan Support)
+1 248 312 6500 (Loan Support)
+1 800 393 4887 (Home Loan Financial Hardship Questions)
+1 844 799 2993 (Home Lending)
+1 248 312 4880 (Treasury Management)
+1 888 254 5417 (Government / Public Funds Banking)
+1 866 945 9872 (Wholesale Lending)
5151 Corporate Drive
Troy, Michigan
United States - 48098-2639
Locations

Overdraft Lines Of Credit, Deposits And / Or Bounce Protection Payments
301 West Michigan Avenue, 4-501, Jackson, MI 49201

Construction, Personal Loans, Home Equity Lines Of Credit, And Mortgage Payments
P.O. Box 660263, Dallas, TX 75266-0263

Commercial Loan Payments
5151 Corporate Drive, E-203-1, Troy, MI 48098

Complaints & Reviews

fraud and scam

I recently tried to get a home loan with FLAGSTAR BANK to purchase a house. I had good credit, 20% down, full document loan. All was going well the first 10 days but then once my option period expired on my contract, all *** broke loose. To make a long story short, the customer service was terrible, turnarounds on just about everything was bad with very little communication. They said I was approved and all was well but it wasn't. I ended up going with another bank who did a great job. WARNING TO ALL READING THIS; FLAGSTAR BANK TALKS A MEAN GAME BUT DOES NOT COME THROUGH!!! STAY AWAY FROM FLAGSTAR BANK!!!

• Su
    sunny Mikko Oct 17, 2009

Flagstar's loss mitigation -aka Sterling home is a total fraudlent joke.

In the 6 months, this is what has happened.Now we're into month 7, new mortgage company gave us an foreclosure notice after 15 days.

We were told we qualified for their program due to "hardship" because of my brain damage and severe health issues and our note would be lower.I paid March's note and tried to pay others but flag Star refused payments and said I had to deal with Stearling.
    Out of 6 months, 100's of documents faxed, 100's of documented long distance phone calls and 9 agents, 1 actually called.She told us based on our mortgage, my husbands wages and my disability (not received even after 3 yrs) our notes would be substancially lowered to under $300.

We received the "package" around the 3 month mark, to have a note right at a $1000, almost our original note.We called, talked to a supervisor and she told us to reject the offer in writing and explain and they would send another package.

Never another call, response or email- no acknowledgement we existed.We were placed on hold forever, our supposed agents never once contacted us other than the one mentioned.We continued to call daily.

We received a letter Sept 28th informing us our mortgage was sold to another company, due Oct.1st.
    The new company has in less than 15 days never sent an actual note, just a letter demanding close to $11, 000 stated we never paid earlier payments (which we have proof they were paid ) and they would consider "maybe" working with us.
    Today Oct.15th, we got a foreclosure letter from the new company.

fraud and cheating

My niece & her husband were never notified that their mortgage payment had increased ($300 per month) until...

avoid them

I wouldn't recommend for anyone to use Flagstar's Escrow to pay your homeowners insurance. They are well known for allowing homeowners insurance to lapse and then put in place the forced placed insurance. They did it to us twice and the second time...we didn't find out that there was a problem with our homeowners insurance until we had a house fire and this is how we had to find out it. The unfortunate thing is the Insurance Company, Foremost (owned by Farmers) that we were using was also dirty and we never received notification of any of this...so we are now having to file lawsuits against the chimney sweeps, Foremost and Flagstar...probably going to have to add Flagstar's Forced Place Insurance, Proctor Liability, to that list. We have been living in our house now for 7 months with a huge hole in our roof. Words of warning...really watch these guys!

three days from closing, then denied loan

I was suppose to close this week on a construction loan, and was denied. Over Labor Day weekend, Flagstar said they changed their guidelines. Three days from closing. I am thinking about taking legal action. They cost me about 8000.00 in various fees. The senior loan officer doesn't even have the balls to call me, I found out through someone else at Flagstar that they changed their guidelines. This is just ###. Does anyone know if I have a lawsuit here? I'm out 8000 in fees.

• Aq
    aquan May 26, 2009

We are in the process of trying to get our motrgage approved. The underwriter at Flagstar informed us (tthe night before our 1st scheduled closing) that they do not approve of a FEDERAL grant that we recieved to help us with closing costs. We had to wait (and get our seller to wait) over 45 days for that grant to process. The money is now here and this lady says we can not get a FEDERAL loan because she does not "like" this grant program and she thinks it is not "legal".

She first came at us at 4pm the day before the closing (a Wed) to tell us that she does not approve of the fee that our Grant Organization charges (a processing fee). The day of closing with get the Org. to agree (reluctantly) to drop their fee and just give us the grant. She does not get back with us until Friday.

Friday, late in the afternoon; she tells our realtor that now, she just plain doesnt approve of the grant money in general. She tells us this at 4pm on the Friday before a holiday exended weekend. Thanks alot. She had been informed that there was a poor couple sitting in an empty apartment with a full moving truck waiting.

Flagstar has approved hundreds of loans with this same first time home buyers grant program. This one underwriter decides that we cannot. All of our things are in a storage facility near our new house. We had a uhaul truck loaded and ready to go for closing. We could not afford to keep the uhaul any longer and we dropped our stuff off near our house. Now, we have dropped the grant and we are waiting on approval without it. She has now drawn this out a whole week. Over a 5k federal grant.

very unprofessional behavior

I have been a customer of Flagstar Bank for a few months now. I travel in the Atlanta area and have visited many branches throughout the area and I am shocked at the lack of professionalism that I have experienced. For one thing, the dress is ridiculous. Super tight clothes, cleavage exposure and bibles on desks are just some of the things that I found to be very unprofessional. Their Exceptional Service motto is a joke. Don't they realize that offering me snacks and water is NOT exceptional service? Exceptional service is having knowledgeable employees who know how to help me with my ENTIRE financial picture instead of being robots who never speak to me or engage me whatsoever. They don't stand up when they greet you or when you are finished with your transaction. Many of their customer service reps can't even answer basic financial questions. One of their branch managers even has a tattoo showing with her cleavage exposure. Who are they hiring for their management positions?

I anticipate their demise to be just like Indy Macs' unless they start training their employees and their managers or how to behave if they want to gain customers or stay in the market place.

• Js
    jsmith01 Sep 01, 2009

That's nothing... Try working at the headquarters in Troy, MI. We have a new VP for a certain department who is supposivly having an affair with one of his employees. His wife comes in screaming and carrying on for hours about how the one girl is a whore, the wife also works for Flagstar. It has been heard that the accused girl and the VP often go out to dinner. Now they are transferring the accused girl to a different department and the new VP is getting a divorce. Sounds fishy to me. Also there are alot of bible freeks that work there. If you are not one of them they outcast you and make you feel horrible. If you complain to HR about it, they don't see anything wrong and turn their cheek the other way.

absolutely terrible

The service is rude and incompetent. They will hold your check until your payment is late, and then charge you a late fee.

They even changed their mailing address without notification, so my check came back, and of course was then late after I had to call them to get the new address, and mail it again...

Calling them is so frustrating... no one cares.

They tell you they will correct your account... and then do nothing.

I am now looking for a new lender, and can't wait to be rid of them.

Flagstar is the WORST bank I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with.

• Pa
    patti Aug 26, 2008

I have had multiple issues with this bank. I wrote a 3 page letter about my concerns to the regional managers and NEVER received any response from them. This is customer service that they brag about??? I just moved a lg amt of savings and direct deposit to Bank America.
    Three years ago they stopped allowing bank cards to be used abroad. Unfortunately, the customers were never informed and when I arrived in Rome - I went to the ATM and received a message my card was denied. When I retured home I was told, " it is for our safety of our customers!" Thank God my husband banked @ Comerica so I could use his card to access cash! Last but not least...our mortage was moved to a company out of state and we were not aware until we recieved our statements from them!!! Did they ever think we deserved the right ot know this on our mortgage and have the opprtunity to shop around before they "sold it" out of state!!! How about keeping business in the state!
    When you boast about your "new wave" of banking and custoner care, you are responsive to both + and - issues promptly to resolve them. Despite calls to the bank where I did business...not once did the bank manager return my call, so I went to the regional brance (Troy) and still did not get one response from the regional managers. This is poor business 101!!! I am getting great service now!!!

home purchase gone bad

I purchased a home that was way over priced (for sale by owner) and used the lending company, Freedom...

avoid flee flagstar bank!

We have had a home mortgage with Flagstar for about a year now and pay our monthly payment through on-line bill pay with another bank. I paid the February bill on 1/20 and then I paid the March bill on 2/16. On 2/20 Flagstar called and asked us if we were planning on paying our February bill since they did not receive it. I explained to them that I did pay the bill and I would check with my bank to find out what happened. In the mean time we received a statement on 2/21 for $43.77 in late fees. My bank got back to me on 2/22 and told me the check that they issued for my payment was never cashed. They put a stop payment on the check and said I should re-issue a payment to Flagstar. I called Flagstar and informed them of this and asked if the late fees could be waived, since I did pay the bill and I have never had a late payment before. They told me that there was no way they could do this since it was not their fault that they did not get my payment. I then called my bank and spoke with the on-line bill pay person. She said that she could not understand why Flagstar was being so unreasonable and she initiated a conference call with a Flagstar representative and myself. She explained the details to the Flagstar representative and asked if the late fees could be waived. Their response was the same as to me---No Way!!! She then asked if we could speak to a manager but we were told that there were no managers to speak to. There was however, a manager where we could send a letter in writing to and dispute the fees. Apparently this manager is too busy to speak with customers on the phone. I guess with the service that we received, if they let everyone talk to the manager he would probably be on the phone 24/7. The very next day we received a letter in the mail stating that if they did not receive our February payment by the end of February it would mean that we have failed to honor our mortgage obligation and that the payment must be received by then to avoid default. 28 days in February!!!! and they are threatening default. Oh, the last line of the letter says we would truly like to hear from you and are here to work with you, So let's work together. What a bunch of baloney!!! Please don't make the same mistake we did. Avoid/Run away from/ Flee Flagstar Bank.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices