Having problems with Flagstar Bank?

Flagstar Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 11, 2007. The latest review Home refinance was posted on Mar 15, 2021. The latest complaint discrimination in advertising was resolved on Aug 10, 2013. Flagstar Bank has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 73 reviews. Flagstar Bank has resolved 42 complaints.

Flagstar Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 248 6423 (Personal & Business Banking)
+1 800 968 7700 (Loan Support)
+1 248 312 6500 (Loan Support)
+1 800 393 4887 (Home Loan Financial Hardship Questions)
+1 844 799 2993 (Home Lending)
+1 248 312 4880 (Treasury Management)
+1 888 254 5417 (Government / Public Funds Banking)
+1 866 945 9872 (Wholesale Lending)
5151 Corporate Drive
Troy, Michigan
United States - 48098-2639
Locations

Overdraft Lines Of Credit, Deposits And / Or Bounce Protection Payments
301 West Michigan Avenue, 4-501, Jackson, MI 49201

Construction, Personal Loans, Home Equity Lines Of Credit, And Mortgage Payments
P.O. Box 660263, Dallas, TX 75266-0263

Commercial Loan Payments
5151 Corporate Drive, E-203-1, Troy, MI 48098

Flagstar Bank Complaints & Reviews

Flagstar Bankloan application runaround

After seven months of application review, Flagstar denied refinance based on an inaccurate determination on residency. Despite more than 35 years of stellar credit, proven ability to repay credit - and a cost of $700 for appraisal and subordination fees (which have yet to be repaid) - and the fact that residency was not an issue, the loan application was not approved. One must wonder how federal stimulus funds are being used. If credit worthy consumers are denied loans based on unjustifiable reasons, then who is receiving the funds? Flagstar loan determination practices are at best questionable, and should be reviewed by appropriate authorities.

Flagstar Banknightmare

After the sudden death of my co-borrower and love of my life to brain cancer, I contacted Flagstar Bank to see if I could get a loan modifacation to lower my payments so I could manage them myself. They have drug this process on for nearly 2 years. Asking me over and over for the same information. Which I continue to provide to the best of my ability. I do not want to loose my home. It is also where I make my living. But I can't seem to be able to provide the Bank with what they need to help me. I am terrified! And need help.

• Dd
        DDuke Feb 04, 2011

They are a bunch of ignorant goons!!! They don't even know what they are asking for!! you should file a Better Business Bureau complant ASAP!!!

Flagstar Bank — overdraft fees

Alright, this is the FIFTH time in the past two months we've had to deal with this bank. They charge you...

Flagstar Bankwaste of time

What a waste of time and money. Flagstar took my application. Appraised my home at $170, 000 below market. My rep tried to get the appraisal re-done, but after several weeks of wasting time, I went to another lender who appraised my home $170, 000 highter than the appraiser that Flagstar used. I ended up having to put thru a credit card dispute to get back my appraisal fee. The appraiser actually comped my home against a modular home that had 1700square feet still unfinished. The whole second floor was 2 by 4's. Flagstar said that with the changes and controls in place by the feds that they have no control over who appraises the home, however they do hire the third party. What a joke.

Flagstar Mortgagepoor service

Having business with Flagstar Bank - the worst esperience from 20 years of having a mortgage loan.

1. Refinancing stalled without any reasons
        2. Illegal request for private information 2 days prior to escrow.
        3. No information sent to the Customer after more than 2 months from the beginning of the refinancing
        4. Loan is not found (not by phone, nor online) 2 weeks after escrow
        5. Unprofessional representatives answer call (after 40 min on hold)

Don't do any business with Flagstar!

Flagstar Bank — foreclosed without notice

I am a realtor who was doing a short sale for clients who had their loan with Flag Star Bank. I have been...

Flagstar Bankbank card scam call

I received a Fishing phone call on 4-19-10 from a phone number of [protected] with an automated voice claiming that, my "Flagstar Bank Card has been disabled. Press 1 to reinstate your card, press 2 to leave."

I pressed 1 and it requested my bank card number. After several attempts to get to a main menu, the automated system hung up on me. I have no Flagstar Bank account or card. This was a scam. Attempts to call this number back were not answered. Beware attempts to get your account information from ANYONE.

Flagstar Bankdid not pay original insurance

°When we refi with Flagstar, I talked with the title co. to make sure they had everything and they said they did. Then afterwards Flagstar sends me letters stating we did not have Flood Insurance when we did, I sent them the proof, nothing was done, they purchases another one took out of my escrow. My son was having brain surgery at the time. Then they only pay 1 of 3 tax payments. now my payments have gone up to cover the negative escrow and all is not paid. Again. now they are saying my insurance is not enough. I am so tired of this and my loan agency has closed and cannot get anyone to do their job. This is not the only company to screw us on these problems. So tell me who is supposed to be on our side when companies take advantage of their customers and steal their money because they don't want to do their jobs properly.

Flagstar Banknsf&s are a joke

THIS BANK IS ABOSOLUTELY A JOKE>>>> THEY ARE RACIST AND MOODY, I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 5 YRS AND I RECEIVED NSF, WHICH GAVE ME A BUNCH OF BS FOR EXPLANATION AND DECIDED TO NO REFUND THEM AND LOOSE A FIVE YR CUSTOMER, I WILL NEVER REFER ANYONE TO THIS BANK, EVEN THAT I USED TO BE AN EMPLOYEE OF THEM!

• 19
                  1905 Jun 19, 2010

This is my Bad experience with FlagStar account. Iam a customer with FlagStar. FlagStar Website always shows wrong regarding Actual Blance and Available Balance at Online statements.

So unfortunately i did couple of online transaction so ultimately my account results in negative around -200$ bucks. They never update this matter through Email. Suddently i found one of Postal mail saying that i need to pay back money to bring it to positive else my credit hystory goes down.

I was really disappointed a lot with FlagStar bank. Because it is problem from their side towards their customers.

1) No Proper FlagStar Website maintanance(Showing wrong Available balance).
                  2) Any urgent things are there they need to communicate it throuh either Phone or Email.

This is my sincere advice to every one. Please dont approach FLAG STAR Bank any where through out USA. Its a fraud bank with no principles like other Banks in this Competetive World...

Flagstar Banknew maintenance fee

I had a checking account "tied" to a money market account for over five years with Flagstar. I was told I had to open a checking acct in order to get a higher interest rate on my money market acct. I realize this is actually a fairly common practice with banks, though. I was told that as long as I had activity in the checking account at least every 6 months, I would avoid maintenance fees. Well, last month, I noticed a $10 maintenance fee on my checking acct statement. I only had $41 in the account to begin with! They told me that they had changed the rules and that you had to keep at least $1000 in a checking acct or else face a $10 monthly maintenance fee. They said I was notified but I never was either by mail or in my statements. I asked to have the $10 credited back to my account since let's just say I'm a very good customer with my money market acct balance. The teller stated that she could not do that. I asked to speak with the manager, but, of course, she wasn't there. Therefore, the teller advised me to close out the account because it was no longer needed in order to receive the highest rate on my money market acct, so I closed it to avoid future maintenance fees on a useless account to me. I called Corporate customer service a couple of days later and was told that the branch would have to handle the matter. After I complained louder, he got in touch with the branch manager and put her on the phone. I explained the situation to her, and she said that she had to research the issue and get back with me. She called me back an hour later and said, "I'm sorry but I cannot do anything for you." Stay away from this bank. I probably have more in Flagstar Bank than probably 99 percent of personal customers, and they still don't care about pleasing me.

• At
                    Atm765 Oct 12, 2010

its not a service fee its because u didn't use the account... and to get higher rates you have to USE the checking account...

Flagstar Bank — escrow problem

My brother-in-law has a loan on his house from Flagstar (his English isn't perfect so I'm doing the...

Flagstar Mortgage — terrible escrow management

Never EVER use this company for a home mortgage if you can avoid it! - they are TERRIBLE - worst mortgage...

Flagstar Bankstolen ss numbers

Received a letter from Flagstar Bank alerting me that one of their vendors had his/her laptop stolen and the laptop contained my (and other customers) social security number.

The letter also offered me one year of 'free' credit report monitoring to help me watch out for identity theft.

I went to a Flagstar branch to inquire as to why a 'vendor' would have my SS number especially on a laptop or how they could have gotten it.
                  Flagstar has refused to answer my question or even tell me who the 'vendor' is.

I tried to sign up for the 'free' year of credit monitoring but the company would not activate the service unless i provided them with 'my' credit card number even after I gave them the pass code that Flagstar gave to me.

Sounds awful fishy to me so am in the process of closing all of my accounts with this back. And would advise anyone to find a different bank.

The fact that their stock prices are in the $0.75 range should be enough warning to all anyway...

I have retained the original letter from Flagstar for proof of all of the above if needed.

• Wh
                      WhatTheF Dec 05, 2009

I also received the letter today. I called Flagstar but the representative would not tell me when the breach occurred, who the vendor was, where it happened, or why the vendor had my information in the first place. She said the information was encrypted, but I'm not buying that.

I will also be closing all of my accounts with them next week.

Angel Sempere Dec 05, 2009

I wanted to thank you for your post. I received the same letter and went down to the bank yesterday to find out what was going on. I mentioned what you had written to them as well and this is what they told me.

They said that the laptop belonged to an auditor that was auditing their bank and that it contained ssn's of various people from 5 differnet banks. They said it wasn't really stolen but more like misplaced (but I don't buy that). I checked on-line and found that their policy of giving a year's free membership to ITAC is commonplace as other places (unitveristies, NIH, etc.) have had similar problems of losing computers (or having them stolen) and they did the same thing.

So, I called today and registered with ITAC and they did NOT ask me for a credit card number or anything. I did have to give them my ssn and address. I am also going to close down my account with Flagstar. The bank manager was nice but I don't feel they are very capable there and I feel it is not a safe place to keep money. I asked the manager whether someone could access my bank acct with my ssn and he didn't seem to sure about whether they could or not. Made me a little uncomfortable.

Good luck.

Flagstar Bank — terrible service

I went into the bank the other day to find a middle aged lady with a bunch of binders on her desk. She wa...

flagstar bank/loan councillost payment

I've make payments on a rental house consistently for as long as i had this loan. I use my web pay thru my bank. I get a call that im late on a payment... i always pay on the 15th of the prior month for the next month...Ok I'll check... maybe i made a mistake... NO ITS NOT ME... ever payments been made and taken out of my account... I call them back and the want me to do all the work to find their sloppy accounting skills... they say the burden is on me... WHY!!!... I gave them the check NO# and conframation #... they need to go look for it!!! I didnt lose it... IM ready to move this account ... that they profit from... because i have to clean up there sloppy accounting practices

Flagstar Bank — making home affordable - someday...

I'm in line. A saga that started in March continues to draw itself out. In March I contacted Flagstar...

Flagstar Bank — sitting on making home affordable

Hi, I have contacted Freddie Mac and would like to know about how long the Hope for Homeowners loan...

Flagstar Bank — bad all around

I was propositioned in a Walmart to open a checking account. The clerk was flirting with me while the other...

Flagstar Bank — scam

I've had a mortgage with Flagstar for four years now. Recently, I had changes in family employment and...

Flagstar Bank — home lending division - 203k

I don't even know where to begin with this complaint. We were referred to Flagstar bank by our realtor...