FIDOmobile phone service

A Feb 27, 2020

Fido lures with fake offer and then cheats customers.

I'm totally aghast by how I was duped into getting Fido service with a fake offer by their customer care agent and then being asked to put up with it for the rest of my contract period.

I'm new to Canada and I was looking for a good mobile service provider for my Canadian number. My sister had a Fido connection and suggested I reach out to them. On November 26th, 2019 I spoke with one of their agent, Jason (Ph no: +[protected]; Extn: 5531). He put together a (device + service) black friday plan for me @ CAD $45/month with no activation fee! I was told that to avail this plan I will have to be part of my sister's existing account. He added that I could later switch to separate account in 2-3 months and continue with the offer as is. However, things did not turn out as promised and lies, deceit and misinformation is all I've been provided since then.

Few days later when I called them to confirm my plan, I was to told that CAD $45 plan was arrived at with a $10 credit to the original plan CAD $55 plan. I was informed that it'd be included in subsequent bill...a fake promise that never materialised.

On February 10th, 2020 as it was told to me initially, I switched to a separate account. Agent Ashleigh was the one I spoke with. I was expecting that at least now the credit would be applied and I'd get the promised offer...BUT NO! I got a CAD $101 (i.e. $55 bill + $35 activation fee plus taxes). I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

On February 14th, 2020 when I contacted the customer care no. I was forwarded to an agent who goes by name, Hador (pardon me if I spelt it wrong). He told me that he would get things in order and the credit would be applied in next bill. He promised to call back by February 20th, 2020 to confirm the same. As you'd have guessed by now, the call never came. I again reached out to customer care team and this time spoke with one, Abdul (chat ref.no: I [protected]). He stated that he understood my pain and said that he would do a priority escalation of the matter. He promised that the issue will get resolved in 48 hours. So I waited...again in vain!

Today, February 27th, 2020 I reached out to Fido Customer team again. I spoke with one, Rob who SHOCKINGLY told me that I cannot have the offer of CAD $ 45 as it became null and void when I created a separate account. Adding that he wasn't sure why I was not told about it earlier, he apologised and stated that there's nothing he could do and I will to pay the amount mentioned in the bill. He said, I could speak to a supervisor if I wished to. Though I was totally dejected, I was determined to continue fighting my case.

After waiting for over 90 minutes on phone I spoke with one Ms. Suzanne (pardon me if I spelt it wrong). Spoke with her for over 40 minutes and repeated the sequence of events. She agreed that I have been mislead with a fake promise by all the previous agents barring Rob who tried to set record straight. She apologised and offered to compensate me with additional data. I said, I'd be happy to get what I was promised and needed nothing extra. She responded stating she can't provide me what was originally promised and can only compensate with extra data (that I didn't need!). Upon pressing her further, she stated that she would escalate the matter further to her higher up and see if it can be resolved. She said, I'll be receiving a call in 48-72 hours.

And so...the wait continues! Frankly speaking, I'd be really surprised to hear back from them. Each call to customer care team takes many hours of valuable time. After all the fake assurances and having never received a call back from them, I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say that I have been cheated, lied to and held to ransom for the contract period. #fidocheats

- Ajith R Krishnan

RESOLVED

• Updated by Ajith R Krishnan · Feb 28, 2020

[COMPLAINT RESOLVED] Fortunately, my complaint has been resolved. A Fido representative reached out to me and sort the long pending issue. I'd hereby like to retract my post!

• Fido's response · Mar 10, 2020

Hi Ajith, I'm really sorry to hear about this situation, that's not the way we want things to go. That being said, I can see your update and I understand that this issue has now been resolved.

I'm very happy to hear this!

Don't hesitate to reach out to us should there ever be anything else, we're here to help and we want to make sure that everything goes by smoothly!

- Alex

samchatur Mar 02, 2020

the mother fackers did the same think to me scammers

• Fido Solutions Mar 10, 2020

@samchatur Hey Sam, don't hesitate to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help you out! - Alex