FIA Card ServicesUsurious rates

S

Company raised rates to 28.99%. Escalation is apparently covered in change of terms. Try reading those documents. How on earth can it be legal to charge that type of rate. I inquired about late fee charges - had we been late, the charge would have been an additional $39. Account was immediately closed. Another account, on which there was a $900 credit balance is being eliminated as well. I will not do business with this type of company.

Cost of funds maybe 5% at the worst. Pretty good money if you can get it. I doubt bad debt expense comes close to justifying that.

• Bo
    Bob Crye May 23, 2011

Fidelity Investments should know better...

• Bo
    Bob Crye May 23, 2011

The letter supposedly went out to all cardholders; several people I know cancelled their account and cut up the card. The words"penalty rate" were in the letter. I have never paid late, and never had a "penalty".
    BIG mistake, FIA...
    Bob Crye

• Fa
    Fank H. Dowden Sep 21, 2009

I received a billng statement which contains a purchases and adjustments amount of 395.88. I made no purchase of any item with your card. In fact the card you sent was not ativated, so how can there be a charge?

Please reply to this complaint in writing. Thank you.

Frank H. Dowden

• Rj
    R J 1890 Sep 05, 2009

extortion? really? sounds like you have a stalker issue there dude

• Mg
    M Griffin Jul 18, 2009

I am, my 7 percent interest rate was raised to 24% without notice and they keep adding some fee to keep my balance over the limit, I am see an attorney next week, will post afterwards.

• Wm Jacobs Jun 16, 2009

Relentless phone calls leaving zero messages and hanging up when call is answered.
    Refusal [in writing(their demand letters for money/extortion)] to accept my representatives for their line of communication for my credit card balance issues.
    Assigning fictitious account numbers.

• Ro
    roy taylor May 04, 2009

Please be advised there was a charge made 4/18 on my Visa for $11.70 that I did not make. I want this charge removed and my account credited please!!! Roy Taylor, 216 so 12th st, connellsville, Pa 15425

JOHN GROFF Apr 22, 2009

ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH FIA CARD SERVICES FOR INCREASED INTEREST WITHOUT NOTFICATION OR HIDDEN SERVICE FEES CONTACT ME AT [email protected], I AM PURSUING A CLASS ACTION LASW SUIT.

Avalon Jan 29, 2009

The credit card number they reported to the credit bureau would be the account number they assigned to you after they brought out your account with another company, probably mbna.

Avalon Jan 29, 2009

Are you sure you did not have any residual finance charges on your account for the late fee? Secondly, if you close your account with any credit card company with a reward based system you forfeit all rewards and rights to the account.
    Hope this Helps!

Avalon Jan 29, 2009

By Federal Law a credit balance on in credit account must be returned within 6 months, but it is up to the consumer to put a rush on the return. Have you tried speaking to a manger in regards to the request that you have made, if not please make that your next step.

CHRISTINE BAUGHMAN Dec 03, 2008

YOU HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER ON MY CREDIT REPORT SINCE YOU TURNED ME INTO THE CREDIT BUREA. PLEASE CORRECT THE INFORMATION. [protected]

• Wi
    William Vargas Oct 17, 2008

I agree. Stupid when I always bill for more money than the statement. I used to get 16.99 and now, this month, it has gone to 19.99.

Hey people, complain. I know they have the Executives need more money for bonuses, but meanwhile, we have no money to pay for their breakfasts, brunches, lunch and dinners for meetings.

Bil Vargas

• Ri
    richard michaels May 03, 2008

for over 1 month, i have been dealing with the ###s at fia card services.i'am due a refund for a credit i have, amount $740.32.every time i call, they tell me "the check is in the mail" well i have totaly had it with these ###s! how can i get my money back?

Joe Elmer Jan 02, 2008

Charged me $30 late fee on a $0 balance and removed 27,000 reward points when I canceled card rewards was closed.