Fedex Groud Servicefictitious delivery attempt

I spent the whole day waiting for my FedEx package today, checking the tracking number every couple of hours. Needless to say, it was important to me and supposed to have been delivered today, Oct 24, 2008. Last time I checked the tracking number was at 5:30pm and it said there was an attempted delivery (A LIE!) at 5:01pm, but that I was not at home!!! I left a very clear and simple note on the door - to press the top buzzer or call my telephone number. The top buzzer has my name on it. Nobody ever came; there was no note on the door. This driver needs to be fired. I then called and talked to some very ambivalent customer service reps: Stephanie Hawkins and "Miss Laquita" (would provide no other name, but said her agent number was 625533.) They both told me that the location that now has my package is closed (half an hour after this fictional "delivery attempt"), and that I would have to wait tomorrow. So I have to alter my plans and spend entire day at home. Or maybe another day after that should your lazy liar driver happen to want to duck out a little early to catch that happy hour! THIS IS HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SERVICE. I WILL NEVER USE FEDEX AGAIN AND I WILL INSIST THAT MY PACKAGES, BOTH INBOUND AND OUTBOUND BE SENT USING UPS, DHL, USPS OR ANY OTHER SERVICE.

• Sf
    sfmom Jun 02, 2009

Fedex Ground couriers -- the Green Fedex Logo folks -- are independent contractors. Apparently (as one of these couriers told me) they do not get paid unless they actually deliver the package to you.

Despite repeated explicit instructions to FedEx that I DO NOT WISH FOR THEM TO LEAVE MY PACKAGE AT A NEIGHBOR'S HOME WITHOUT PRIOR CONSENT, I constantly get messages from my neighbors about them holding a package for me. The Fedex (Ground) Courier just plays stupid -- Oh Really? I didn't know that...

Even when I call to request that my package be held at the station for me to pick it up, this is ignored. The Fedex Ground courier attempts to use all 3 tries to get the package to me so they can get paid. I can understand wanting to get paid but if it requires that they ignore my request.