FedExdelivered to non-existent address

H Review updated:

Ordered a package from Florida, and the shipper had a typo in the address. The correct address was 6315, but the company shipped to 6515. On the anticipated day of delivery, we tracked the package and noticed that it stated that the package had been delivered. Since 6515 would only be 1 block away from our house, we decided to walk down to our neighbors at 6515 and ask if they had our package. However - 6515 DOES NOT EXIST! The house numbers on the street go from 6500 to 6529 - no 6515 in between. We called FedEx and explained the problem to them, and asked where they delivered the package. They were unable to tell me anything other than that the package had been delivered to 6515. They also stated that 6515 was a valid address in their system, but were unable to look at a map and tell me exactly where it is (seriously - it does not exist - I checked with the city.) After 3 different phone calls, I was told that the driver would be sent back out to retrieve the package and they would give me a call back. I then received a call the next day stating that the package had been delivered to 6515. After quite a long time on the phone trying to explain to them that it is not possible because the address did not exist - the customer service rep hung up on me. I called back, explained the entire thing to another customer service rep and I was told that the only thing I could do is contact the shipper and have them put in a trace on the package and that at that point the driver would be sent back out to retrieve the package (from the non-existent address - neat trick!) When I asked why I had not been told this on the first phone call instead of the 5th phone call, the customer service rep again hung up on me.

I was unaware that the drivers are independent contractors until I read some of the other postings on this website. After asking repeatedly for the exact FedEx policy when an address cannot be found and not getting an answer, it all became clear. FedEx has no control over their independent contractors - and if an address cannot be found there is nothing stopping the driver from taking the package home - and no specific FexEx policy that anyone would read to me preventing them from doing so. My guess is if the address cannot be found, the driver just gets to keep it. There is certainly nothing stopping them from doing this, as the only person on the planet who knows where my package went is their independent contractor driver who is not a FedEx employee and FedEx has no control over.

The same company shipped a separate package to us via UPS on the same day. The address was also wrong on that package, but on the day of delivery I received a call from UPS stating that they had an incorrect address (they had attempted delivery to 6515 and not been able to find it) and that they had looked up the name in their system and wanted to confirm the correct address with me. They did in fact have the correct address (which the UPS person told me they basically "look in the phone book") and delivered the package on time. Why FedEx can't do this I have no idea - they wouldn't explain anything to me except that the package had been delivered to 6515.

Take away - use UPS or USPS if you want to actually receive your package and not have it stolen by an independent FedEx contractor (who by the way - can employ anyone - drug addicts, felons, etc. - who now know where you live AND what you own - and FedEx takes NO responsibility if something happens to either your package, or to you.)

Jared Irvan Nov 25, 2020

I'm having the exact same issues you had. Do not I repeat do not use fed ex. I did infact screwed up my address. That was my fault. I except my part in this.

They delivered it to another address that signed my name. The road in which it should have been delivered doesn't even have a single residence on the street. In other words it was impossible for them to deliver it by mistake. I'm really starting to think the delivery guy either stole it, or is just super incompetent. It was a CPU I bought which you can't find any stock. Super rare right now.

They have a investigation ongoing. But I'm thinking it'll come back without a answer. I will press charges if I find out. That either the driver took it. Or the residence signed my name. Will that do any good? From my experience most likely not.

Oh also bh photo. Do not buy from them also. They will screw you.