Having problems with FedEx?

1800 463 3339 (USA and Canada)
1800 003 3339 (Mexico)
800 733 339 (New Zealand)
1800 535 800 (Ireland)
800 033 339 (South Africa)
800 988 1888 (China)
120 003 200 (Japan)
+1 877 339 2774 (Canada, Tech Support)
+44 345 607 0809 (United Kingdom)
+44 247 670 6660 (United Kingdom)
+61 132 610 (Australia)
+54 810 333 3339 (Argentina)
+43 800 123 800 (Austria)
+32 27 527 575 (Belgium)
+45 70 233 332 (Denmark)
+358 10 800 515 (Finland)
+31 800 0222 333 (Netherlands)
+351 707 244 144 (Portugal)
+41 448 744 160 (Switzerland)
+90 444 9339 (Turkey)
+966 122 329 999 (Saudi Arabia)
+852 27 303 333 (Hong Kong)
+65 67 432 626 (Singapore)
+82 23 338 000 (South Korea)
Three Galleria Tower 13155 Noel Road, Suite 1600
Sat24h
Sun24h

Complaints & Reviews

lousy customer service

I HOPE FEDEX READS THIS!!!

I am incensed! I had a package 1st attempeted delivery on Nov. 5. On that evening, when I received the door tag after coming home from work, I immediately called Fedex to ask that the package be re-delivered on Saturday, Nov. 8. Well I was told by the rep on Nov. 5 that I would probably still have a re-delivery attempt on on the next day, Nov. 6, but that they will mark the package for delivery on Saturday Nov. 8. Well as the rep told me, Fedex did attept re-delivery on Nov. 6; they also attempted re-delivery on Nov. 7, despite my call to them. I called back again on Nov. 7 and explained that I called on the 5th, yet I still got a door tag on my door marked, "FINAL DELIVERY." The rep I talked to on Nov. 7 still insisted that I would get the package on Saturday Nov. 8, as I requested. Well, that did not happen. Sadly, at approx. 3:20 PM on Saturday Nov. 8, I called Fedex AGAIN, as it was getting late, and still no delivery. I was then informed that the package was not out for delivery, as it had been attempted delivery 3 TIMES!!! I explained that the point of my calling them on Nov. 5 was to ask that the package be re-delivered on Saturday to keep the driver from trying to deliver the package when I would not be at home. The rep that I talked to on Saturday informed me that the information never filtered down from customer service to the driver!

So, part two of this is I immediately ask to speak to a supervisor, and then I was transferred to Fedex's Customer Expierience Center in Cincinnati. I talked to Tina. Tina was nice, and after I explained this fiasco to her, she was appologetic. I asked her if the package could still be re-delivered for Tuesday Nov. 11, as it is a holiday, and I would be at home. She said that she would put it in the system, and she contacted the terminal to mark it for re-delivery on Tuesday Nov. 11.

Now it is Tuesday AM around 10:20. I decide to call fedex to confirm that my package is out for delivery. Boy was I met with a surprise. I was informed by a lousy rep in my terminal that the package, "would not be re-delivered because the driver already attempted delivery three times." I told the rep that I called last week to have this delivery scheduled, Fedex dropped the ball, so get this guy out here to do his job! Well, she told me, "Fedex drivers are independent contractors and they can refuse to deliver after they have attempted delivery.

So, to make a long story end...Fedex basically told me, "Yeah, we screwed up, but due to outsourcing, this is the best customer service we can provide. We can not make the driver come back out to your residence. The driver has told us that he had to walk up 3 flights of stairs, the boxes are heavy, his truck is now full and he is not re-delivering the package, even though it was our fault that the driver did not get the message that you called."

I guess I should become an independent contractor so I can tell my employer what I will and will not do! I now officially hate fedex. Big business in this country with all this damn outsourcing is out of control. No one is accountable anymore, and these businesses are so large that they really don't care what happens.

Jason May 28, 2009

If this happens again, just post a note on your from door for the delivery driver.

• Al
    Alex19856985 Mar 09, 2010

### FedEx

• Di
    Disgruntled CA Resident Jun 04, 2010

I am currently going through the same thing. I needed to reschedule a package delivery as I am a teacher and can't take a day off to wait for a package at home. Unfortunately it has now been a week later and still no package, and I did leave a note on the door that they could even leave it without a signature. They haven't even tried to deliver it. So I called and I hope to God that the package is where it is supposed to be tomorrow when I drive to pick it up or I am going to go off on some poor customer representative and then their supervisor.

• Fe
    FEDEX HELD PACKAGES HOSTAGE Apr 04, 2011

WE ARE A PRODUCTION COMPANY CALIFORNIA AND NEW JERSEY, PROVIDING NEWS FOOTAGE TO TV STATIONS AS PART OF OUR DAILY BUSINESS.

OUR PRODUCTION MANAGER TENDERED 5 FEDEX ENVELOPES TO A LOCAL FEDEX DEPOT ON SATURDAY FOR DELIVERY FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING TO OUR NETWORK ACCOUNTS FOR LIVE BROADCASTS.

FEDEX HAD DECIDED THAT OUR ACCOUNT HAS HAD SOME FORM OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY (THAT THEY REFUSE TO DISCUSS, DOCUMENT OR REVEAL), SO THEY HAVE REFUSED TO DELIVER ANY AND ALL OF OUR PACKAGES.

THERE WAS NO ONE TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE WITH FEDEX OVER THE WEEKEND AND WHEN WE WERE ABLE TO CONTACT THE FEDEX SECURITY MANAGER ON MONDAY MORNING, WE WERE TOLD THAT THE QUESTIONS WE WERE ASKING ABOUT OUR TIME VALUE PACKAGES (WHY, WHERE, WHEN) WOULD NOT BE ANSWERED AND THE PACKAGES WOULD BE RETURNED TO US.

MAY I SUGGEST THAT THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY FOR FEDEX TO DEAL WITH LONG TERM BUSINESS CUSTOMERS AND CLEARLY FEDEX HAS NO IDEA WHAT THAT WAY COULD POSSIBLY BE.

Resolved fictitious delivery attempt

I was waiting all day for two FedEx packages today, October 24, 2008. Here are the tracking numbers:

[protected]

[protected]

My address is on a very large and well-known street in Chicago (Irving Park Road) and the building has very clear numbers above the door. I left a note downstairs to ring the top buzzer outside (which also has my name) or to call me (and left my number) and that I would come downstairs immediately.

I received the first package before noon. The driver called me before coming to the building (from a nearby address) and I met him downstairs. This worked out great.

The second package never came so I went to the FedEx web site to track it at 5:30pm where it said the following, "5:01pm customer not at home or business closed." I WAS AT HOME AND THIS FEDEX DRIVER IS TELLING LIES! HE NEVER EVEN CAME HERE TODAY. There was no note. They are supposed to leave a sticker or a door hanger, but there was nothing.

I called customer service and they very nonchalantly explained to me that I would just have to wait till tomorrow. So now I have to alter my plans and spend another whole day waiting for this package!

This is a horrible, horrible service. There is not even a complaint field at FedEx.com, anywhere on the site, for customer benefit and quality improvement. It is quite clear that FedEx does not care at all about its customers.

• Vi
    vincent Oct 31, 2008

FEDEX claims they delivered a 6 pound package to my door on october 29th, 2008 in Ashburn VA. I told them I never recieved it. Fedex went on and on about how the tracking number shows it was delievered and how they dont require signatures for just any shipment at my apartment building. UPS customer service on the other hand confirmed that they do require signatures on every shipment to my apartment. Thats because UPS cares.

I strongly believe FEDEX had trouble making the 2 day delivery and just scanned the package delivered. They probably never delivered it. My personal opinion is that they are a fraudelent company who will cause grief to many people all over. Hope my next shipment comes UPS or even from the post office.

not receving packages on date

Fedex posted date on internet said would be delivered sat. Oct.25, 2008., called fedex and was told that package was on truck for delivery sat.. I missed work and stayed home for delivery.. Package was not delivered. Called sun. 10/26 & was told that no one was home for del. On sat. This is not true, I was home all day.,. Called monday still no package called fedex again to complain got noware like talking to the wall. Some one should be fired over this. My packages do not need signature the usual drop them off at front door. Also I was home all day. Fedex said no one was home, well why didn't he leave the package at the front door?
I lost a day work for some ones lie.

• Us
    userhelen Dec 10, 2009

I had the same situation. They had the delivery date on the web site as December 7th. I was waiting all day. Took off work, didn't leave the house all day. They changed the delivery date that same date at night.
    Unethical, terrible service!!

Resolved fictitious delivery attempt

I spent the whole day waiting for my FedEx package today, checking the tracking number every couple of hour...

fraud through email

I got this messages in my e mail:
Greetings!!!
I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Confirmable Bank
Draft of $535.000.00 (five hundred and thirty five thounsand United States
Dollars), but I did not hear from you since that time. Then I went and
deposited the Draft with FEDEX Courier Service, West Africa, I travelled out
of the country for a 3 Months Course and I will not come back till end of
december.What you have to do now is to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE
as soon aspossible to know when they will deliver your package to you
because of the expiring date.For your information, I have paid for the
delivering Charge,

The only money you will send to the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE to deliver your
Draft direct to your postal Address in your country is $120USD)only being
Security Keeping Fee of the Courier Company so far.Again, don't be deceived
by anybody to pay any other money except $120USD) Dollars you are to pay
the Security Keeping Fee.
============================================
Contact Person: Mr.Daniel Cole
Email Address: [protected]@live.com
Telephone: +[protected]
=================================
Can you do something about this scheme?

Resolved awful company

Fedex delivered my package today & left a sweet little door tag stating that they attempted to deliver my package, but no one is home so? Either pick it up or re-attempt to deliver tom. Let's rewind, I was taking a shower when i heard the doorbell (oops) i couldn't answer the door... that's when i notice the door tag & called the 800 immediately. Spoke to an associate & a reattempt will happen. Waited for 4 hrs, called FedEX, message of reattempt never processed. WHAT? Spoke to 2 more until the manager. Basically, all that i spoke to lied. Excuse-VILLE!

bank draft

Dear Customer!

We have been waiting for you to contact us for your Confirmed Package
that is registered with us for shipping to your residential
location.We had thought that your sender gave you our contact
details.It may interest you to know that a letter is also added to
your package.However, we cannot quote its content to you via email for
privacy reasons.

We understand that the content of your package itself is a Bank Draft
worth of $800, 000.00 USD, FedEx do not ship money in CASH or in
CHEQUES but Bank Drafts are shippable.The package is registered with
us for mailing by your colleague, and your colleague explained that he
is from the United States but he is here in Nigeria for a three
(3)months Surveying Project as he works with a consultant firm in
Nigeria West Africa We are sending you this email because your package
is been registered on a Special Order.

What you have to do now, is to contact our Delivery Department for
immediate dispatch of your package to your residencial address.Note
that as soon as our Delivery Team confirm your information, it will
take only one working day (24 hours) for your package to arrive it's
designated destination.For your information, the VAT & Shipping
charges as well as Insurance fees have been paid for by your
colleague before your package was registered.Note that the payment
that is made on the Insurance, Premium & Clearance Certificates, are
to certify that the Bank Draft is not a Drug Affiliated Fund (DAF)
neither is it funds to sponsor Terrorism in your country. This will
help you avoid any form of query from the Monetary Authority of your
country.

However, you will have to pay the sum of £105GBP to the FedEx Delivery
Department being full payment for the Security Keeping Fee of the
FedEx company as stated in our privacy terms & condition page. Also be
informed that your colleague wished to pay for the Security Keeping
fee, but we do not accept such payment considering the facts that all
items & package that are registered with us have a time limitation and
we cannot accept payment not knowing when you will be contacting us
for your package or even responding to us.So we cannot take the risk
to have accepted such payment incase of any possible demurrage.

Kindly note that your colleague did not leave us with any further
information.We hope that you respond to us as soon as possible because
if you fail to respond until the expiry date of your package, we may
refer the package to the British Commission for Welfare as the package
do not have a return address.

Kindly contact the delivery department (FedEx Delivery Post) with the
details given below:

FedEx Online Delivery Post
Contact Person: Daniel J. Blunt
Email:[protected]@hotmail.com
Tel: +[protected]

Kindly complete the below form and send it to the email address given
above.This is mandatory to reconfirm your Postal address and telephone
numbers.

FULL NAMES:
TELEPHONE:
POSTAL ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
COUNTRY:

Kindly complete the above form and summit it to the delivery manager
on: [protected]@hotmail.com

As soon as your details are received, our delivery team will give you
the neccessary payment procedure so that you can effect the payment
for the Security Keeping Fee. As soon as they confirm your payment
receipt of £105GBP which is equivalent to $210USD, they will not
hesitate to dispatch your package as well as the attahced letter to
your residence. It usually takes 24 hours being an overnight delivery
service.

Note that we were not instructed to email you, but due to the high
priority of your package we had to inform you as your sender did not
leave us with his phone number because he stated that he just arrived
Nigeria and he hasn't fix his phone yet. We indeed personally sealed
your Bank Draft and we found your email contact in the receivers
column as the recipient of the foremost package.

Ensure to contact the delivery department with the email address given
above and ensure to fill the above form as well to enable a successful
reconfirmation.

Do not reply this email because this email account is not
monitored.Send your details to:[protected]@hotmail.com

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Margaret Blaire.
FedEx Online Team Management.
All rights reserved. © [protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------
This E-mail is only for the above addresses. It may contain
confidential or Privileged information. If you are not an addressee
you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information
in it or any attachments.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------
FEDEX INTL>>>LICENCE OF FEDERAL EXPRESS C

• Gs
    gsd Nov 23, 2008

i got the same letter, i don't want to be with them but they are sending the mail continuously, can you do something about stop the mail from them...

• De
    Delbert Taylor Nov 25, 2008

These people are modern cyber-pirates. At a time when most of us in the USA are suffering, these people are pulling the old "Bait & Switch" scam. Is FedEX condoning this action bt allowing these theives to use their service? If this action does not stop, I will be forced to report any and all activities to the authorities.
    shame on all of those participating in this TERRIBLE SCAM during this economic crisis.

poor customer service

This was my first time shipping with Fedex. Disgusting... I went to drop off location Guildford Copy Centre...

5 comments Surrey Other

killed my dog

I was heading off to work, but I stopped to pick up my mail. I had my best friend, Niro with me, my standard...

totally incompetent... fedex nearly cost me my job

We had a meeting overseas (Berlin) for which our team had prepared a large amount of meeting materials that took 2-3 months to complete. The client for whom these materials were for was our biggest account and as as production manager, I was overseeing the project.

$15K worth of print matter was sent via FedEx International Priority. Based on the shipment size, contents, destination, etc., I was told guaranteed delivery within 3 business days. Now, I realize that when you're dealing with customs, all bets are more or less off, but I was ssured by the agent that I spoke to that if I had the proper paperwork and there were no major delays in transit, no hold up should occur and that if one did, it was built into that 3-day window.

I checked the tracking hourly once it went out. Everything was fine. Only 2 days after we sent the shipment off, the site reflected that all boxes had cleared customs and were in transit to the local facility in the destination area. Great! Shipment on target to arrive that evening. I called sometime later to check the status over the phone and got the same message--in transit. That raised a red flag because it had been in transit for an awfully long time. When I called, I was told that not only had the shipment not gone to the facility, but that it never actually left customs. The website had an error, I was told. And amazingly, the CSR admitted that the automated tracking service through 800-GO-FEDEX is not reliable.

After much back and forth and lots of folks unable to asnwer my questions, I figured out that the lead package cleared customs on the morning of the second day and was sent off to Berlin...and the other 18 stayed in Frankfurt. Why they wouldn't release the other ASAP after that is beyond me, but unfortunately they just sat in a facility. No one called me despite my having listed my telephone number and having written special notes to PLEASE inform me if there were customs d elays. Then on the third day, the lead package was sent BACK to Frankfurt to be with the other packages. Why, I can't understand.

Well, I thought, okay, I still have Saturday as the meeting is Sunday and Friday was the 3rd business day. So it'll be a rush, but it'll slide in under the door. No panic. Sorry! FedEx facility is closed on weekends! So the shipment will be delivered Monday evening at the earliest. Yeah. That'll be a great help when the meeting is over and I'm out of a job.

The CSR folks were just awful. Every person had a different answer for me. No one seemed remorseful. No one could tell me why I hadn't been called when the shipment missed its "guaranteed" deadline. No one could explain why the FedEx tracking system had errors. No one could explain why the 19 packages needed to stay together if all had copies of the original waybill and all had cleared customs. No one could explain why they got separated in the first place. Just a lot of run around and promises to "investigate."

LUCKILY what saved my ### was my customs broker who drove 5 hours from Berlin to Frankfurt to retrive the shipment (who also had not been called despite clear instructions to do so in the even of delay). Honestly, if they hadn't done that, I would probably have gotten fired...doesn't matter how good the job looks unless it actually gets SEEN by people and utilized as intended, and it doesn't matter this this screw-up wasn't my fault, or that the client took their sweet time finalizing the work and ignored my numerous reminders of deadlines.

So, I'm DONE with FedEx. I should've known better and used DHL or UPS as I'd heard that FedEx isn't great but I just figured, well...it's FedEx! They're the best, right? Incidentally, I had 6 boxes of CDs made and sent to Berlin directly from the vendor via UPS and despite those being sent BACK to the States because of an issue with customs once they'd arrive in Germany, they STILL arrived by the 3rd business day.

• Mg
    mgr todd Sep 21, 2008

Blow hole, shut your mouth and suck it up. use another crr service. NO SKIN OFF OUR BACK!!!

unreliable/incompetent/unprofessional

Per usual, I have had nothing but headaches in using the FedEx service. For two days there has been NO ATTEMPT to deliver the package xxxxxxxxxxx as requested. Tracking the package online states that deliveries were attempted, but I personally being here on both days can honestly say there were not at any point and time any attempts to deliver said package. I spoke with the duty manager Curtis McDonald who was absolutely useless along with the rest of his staff. Although the faulty link in the chain clearly lies somewhere within FedEx, there was no commitment or concern from Curtis McDonald or his staff to rectify the problem.

I wasted two full days away from work waiting for the package to be delivered. Now I must return to work and IF they decide to deliver the package (which I doubt considering there were no attempts thusfar) I won't be there. I requested that because it was THERE mistake that I had not received the package that in order to rectify the problem I would now need the package shipped to my office. They refused to help. I tried to explain to them that I pay for the service, they deliver the parcel, I receive the parcel. Typically that's the way it goes. However I repeat there has been NO attempts to deliver the package nor were there any doortags left indicating that there had been an attempt. Somewhere along the lines the process broke down within FedEx, but they are not willing to own the problem.

Again I've had multiple problems with using the FedEx "service" and it's a shame that a customer pays for prompt service but receives absolutely NOTHIING in return. I don't care what it is that I purchase next online, if it's shipped via Fed Ex I can do without the item. Nothing is worth putting up with this companies incompetence, unreliability and unprofessionalism.

• Gr
    G. Ray Mar 19, 2009

I agree, Fed Ex Ground can not be trusted! I tracked the package up until two minutes after delivery. I called my wife from work and had her check the doors around our house. There was not a package in sight. The tracking update said the package was delivered at my garage door at 3:57 pm and my wife checked the doors at 4:01pm! NO PACKAGE GO FIGURE!

Resolved terrible service

(Cut and pasted from an email I'm sending to Fedex right now).

Hi XXXX,

My name is XXX XXXXX. I just had a bad experience with Fedex that I would like to relay to you. Apparently VXXXXX, the residing manager at the Dawson St. office in Burnaby, has already spoken to you about this, but I'll give it to you again in my own words.

1) I spoke to a Fedex agent on the phone to tell them I was shipping a package. I told them the contents of my package, and that it needed to be delivered overnight to L.A. I told them there was a hard drive in the package, but the agent did not tell me I had to fill out an FCC form. (Mistake #1) The agent DID email me a Commercial Invoice, so I would imagine he was supposed to send me an FCC form.

2) A Fedex courier picked up my package yesterday (Sept. 15th). He saw the contents of the package, but did not issue me an FCC form. (Mistake #2). Today, the same courier apologized for not knowing. He was the first, and only, person, to actually apologize and admit that Fedex did anything wrong.

3) Today (September 16th), I received my package BACK at my doorstep, with a note saying that I was not home, so the package would be delivered again tomorrow, to my door. I called Fedex and they said that packages should not be returned like this - the Fedex office should have contacted me and told me that a form was missing (Mistake #3).

So my package, which was supposed to arrive today in LA, was driving around in Vancouver in the back of a truck.

Because I could not contact the Dawson St. office by phone (no Fedex agent would give me a number), I biked to Dawson St. in Burnaby. No one there was apologetic, or even remotely helpful. They said "the package MIGHT get to L.A. by tomorrow, if the truck gets in on time. Obviously, this was unacceptable to me, so I got them to contact the truck. I biked 25 minutes BACK to my house, where the truck dropped off the package, then biked BACK to the Dawson St. office with my package, and finally got the package shipped.

During this entire 5-hour escapade, I did not have a single person offer me a solution on how to rectify the problem. I had to come up with solutions myself. Even more maddening: not a single person (except the original courier) apologized or would admit that Fedex had done anything wrong. In fact, the first thing out of the Dawson St. agent's mouth was "Fedex is not responsible for how international forms are filled out." The manager in charge, Vxxxxxx, was lackadaisical, and more interested in hiding back in his office than helping me out.

Seeing as I spent the last 5 hours fixing Fedex's mistakes, biking all over town, I asked Vincent if Fedex would waive the fee for this shipment. He declined.

This tells me that Fedex is

a) Not willing to admit when it has made a mistake.

b) Not willing to put out a measly $60 to repair an obviously distraught costumer's relationship with their company. (Even paying half, $30, would have made me feel like someone cared).

c) Not interested in maintaining an image of a reliable, or caring, company.

Vxxxxxx said that he spoke to you about this, and that you agreed - Fedex would not help pay for this shipment. I would like you to explain your feelings on this situation and please explain to me why you didn't think it was worth it to help me with the shipment, after having made numerous mistakes, and taking up my entire afternoon with fixing your own company's mistakes.

I am forwarding this to general complaints as well, but I hope to hear from you personally within the next couple of days.

• Valerie Aug 07, 2008

I live in Spain. (maybe that explains it, huh?) I was sent some important papers from the US. Via FedEx international service. After the time allowed for the service the papers never arrived. I called the person sending the papers. She called FedEx but received no help. We both tracked the letters. They sat in Valencia according to the tracking info on the web. We called, they said the address doesn't exist. I said I am sitting in the non-existent address. The address they had was found to be CORRECT. They would try again. Still no letters. Called again. The response was to hang up the phone on me. Called again later that day. They said the address does not exist. I said I am sitting in it. This address is in the middle of the city. The sending party sends me the papers via US mail. Three weeks later the FedEx papers arrive. THE SAME DAY, the re-sent papers traveling through the US postal service also arrived after only 4 days and at 1/3rd the cost. There is no way to recover the money paid for two day service that takes three weeks to get here. FedEx is a rip off. There is no way to recoup your money if you don't get what you pay for. DO NOT USE FEDEX FOR OVERSEAS DELIVERY OF ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU MUST PAY FOR INTERNATIONAL SERVICE AT A HIGH RATE AND THE CHANCES OF GETTING IT ON THE TIME SPECIFIED IS VERY LOW. I am sick and tired of being ripped off by FedEx.

saynotoracist Apr 23, 2009

FEDEX ARE SIMPLE INCOMPITENT. VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, FULL OF RACIST EMPLOYEES.

not delivering package

Twice I have found a ticket on my door saying no one was at home to sign for a package. I have a handicapped daughter who's bed is less than 10 feet from my front door and everyone else who delivers here we have no problem hearing them at the door. It appears the Fed EX guy just sticks a note on the door, maybe he didn't want to get wet as it was raining. This is not the first time this has happened. What are the chances of getting a delivery man that is willing to do his job? ALso the note I received said he was here at 1:07p.m. The e-mail I received said he was here at 12:20p.m. He can't even keep his lies straight.

Chris Keenan Sep 01, 2015

Today a driver stuck a note on our door saying no one was home. Car in driveway, working doorbell, food on the grill cooking next to the door. Lazy A** did not even try to deliver it. Was a special overnight delivery and still treated like crap. Stayed home all day for the delivery!!!
    Don't use Fed EX!!!

Resolved that's horrible

I have had horrible experience with FedEx every time my package was shipped through FedEx. They would not have any fixed time of delivery and they will put a stupid door tag number. You can call them up to see if they can tell you the time when they are going to deliver the package, but they say that they don’t do that. I mean u can’t leave your work and stay home whole day waiting for the stuff to arrive. They expect you to sign the receipt they leave at the door and but they will tell you that if the stuff is stolen and lost, it is not their responsibility. It is specially a problem in big cities where one house has hundreds of apartments. They don’t have the key to the house and they will put a sticker outside the house and expect you to leave the stuff outside so that anyone walking by can take the stuff and leave.

After three attempts they will send your stuff back. That’s horrible. From this point I am not buying from the websites who sends the package through FedEx.

• Ti
    tiney Sep 25, 2008

E.Jerome, why would a person who doesn't get paid for not delivering a package go to your house at a certain time? If you want your delivery at your time, use another courier or dig into your pockets and pay the extra for the service. The contractors work during the day just like you, so why should he extend his day to please a couple of inconsiderate people. Driver doing his job, take time off of yours to get your package or sign the tag, it's not that hard!!! If your worried about your package being stolen, move, no one is telling you to love where you live.

• Hu
    HUMANRACE Mar 22, 2010

Neighborhood: Canarsie
    570 E 108th St
    (between Farragut Rd & Foster Ave)
    Brooklyn, NY 11236

Fedex at Canarsie is a piece of suprise. There, they do whatever they want. A driver will never arrive and they will enter it as a delivery exception, and there is much more..., another one, will bang on your door as if he wants to break it, despite, that our condos have door bells.
    Fedex is no longer what it used to be.
    From now on, I will make sure that nothing ships with Fedex!!! Now, new other compnanies doing a significantly better job...Forget about Fedex!!!

Resolved they did not scan package, claim it was not sent

This is an e-mail I sent today to FedEx:

After many e-mails and phone calls, in which representatives were nasty and said they would not pay any claim, indeed, the last representative we spoke to said because you have no record of the package -- it was not scanned by whoever picked it up! -- that there was no box to scan. We *did* put the box into the drop off box outside the post office on MacDonald Avenue, in Brooklyn. Another theory is that the package was opened because we wrote "do not overheat" on the address label, because it contained chocolate as well as other items, and the contents could have been taken, eaten by your employee(s). One representative responded to this by saying you don't employ thieves, the inference being that we are lying about having sent the package. This is shameful and outrageous on the part of at least two different representatives. When we asked the second rep. for his name, he hung up.

I understand that there may be cameras outside the post office and it is my intention to check and see if there is a visual record to counteract your opinions that we are lying about sending the package.

If we are lying, why would we fill in an address label? I also understand that some new FedEx employees do not scan packages when they're picked up.

As to not employing thieves, well, you employ people and I intend checking various places on the internet to find other people who have lost packages sent by FedEx, and I will add my own experiences wherever and whenever I can, including friends, and various websites and blogs. I have not ruled out small claims court and if, as I believe, there are many others whose packages you have lost, I may initiate a class action suit.

Be advised, also, that we have not yet put in a claim, so all this nastiness is doubly insulting. Given that the amount involved is a mere $30-50 is it likely we would spend all this time trying to get FedEx to acknowledge culpability?

• Ti
    tiney Sep 25, 2008

give me ur e mail and I'll send you $60 to shut your mouth. Get a life or get laid!!!

• Yh
    Yhanavan Feb 20, 2012

I wonder just how many employees fail to scan the packages upon pick up. I put a Fedex envelope full of signed documents in a drop off box on Friday. The box was marked, indicating that pick-up time was 4:30pm. At 6pm that same day, I tracked the package on line. Instead of 1 tracking #, the system showed 2 of the same number. One was dated Jan. 26 and the other Feb. 17 (the date the package was dropped off). Upon clicking on both numbers, neither indicated that the package was picked up. I called Saturday morning and spoke to Fedex rep, Emily. She said that the package is to be delivered on Monday. Here it is Monday, and tracking still doesn't indicate that the package was ever even picked up.

Resolved poor customer service

Shipped a total of 3 cases with Fedex to Las Vegas for a show. All cases included audio/video and computer...

they delivered my package to someone else!!!

I paid over $200 dollars for my brand new cell phone. Instead of redelivering it to my house, they decide it would be a good idea to leave it way down the street with a neighbor i have never meant. I am so pissed!! So now the courier is going to come to their house tomorrow to try to retrieve the package. I walked down there and they won't answer their door, the lights are on and i know someone is home and they won't answer. This wouldn't have happened in the first place if FEDEX would follow delivery instructions and deliver to only the person on the account. I HATE FEDEX!!!

• Te
    Terry Holston Aug 22, 2008

my box was delievered to someone who knows who an i was told by the Hattisburg Ms.driver that i could drive over there where he left it an pick it up at the wrong adress

damage caused by fedex

I have had a bad experience with Fed-Ex. About two weeks ago, I sent an expensive instrument back to the...

involvement in scam

I have received an email from Toyota Company promotions informing me that I won the prize of a camry car along with a large sum of money. As a folowup to this notification I was informed that the prize and car was handed over to Fedex courier for delivery within two working days. I was contacted by [protected]@yahoo.co.uk dispatcher a certain Mr. Fred Smith who should have seen that the delivery took place. Later I was told that the prize was seized by the Antiterrorist department @yahoo.co.uk instructed by a certain Mr Patrick Hobbs who was the recipient of the money sent as a clearance certificate must be provided . This was to guarantee that the sum of money awarded and the car would be released.

lies, lies and more lies

Fex Ex lies lies lies lies lies and hires idiots. I had a package scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went so I called 1800gofedex and spoke with a rep. They told me that my shipping label had been damaged and that they had located my package and were going to have it to me guaranteed by Friday. Friday comes/no Fed EX delivery. I call them again and speak to a different rep. She tells me they have my package and it has been re-scheduled for Saturday. So here I write this on Saturday night after speaking with a total of 4 FedEx reps and still no package. The last rep says he thinks it may have been lost but he doesn't know for sure. Do not use Fed Ex if you plan on actually getting the item you shipped.